Inside Out

Re: impact43 training
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2011, 04:57:54 pm »
SH. Just what cap would you put on spending for funding training. A few hundred pounds to educate people over reaching and SHOWING them the consequences on these corses is more cost effective than the NHS spending thousands on hospital treatment, and the a potential lifetimes claim for disability alowance or worse, widowers pension. Drastic, but possible outcome.

We all know not to speed or drink and drive, but why do government spend thousands on drink drive campaigns. Because it saves lives. And I don't think you can put a price to such training.

The more qualified we are, the easier it is to win work right? The more we earn, the more we pay in taxes!

I understand your argument, but do not consider these corses to be a waste of money.

Inside Out

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2011, 05:03:17 pm »
* gd

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2011, 05:45:03 pm »
i completed the first day on one of these courses and felt that it might be of some use to employers or employees of window cleaning companies that have a predominantly commercial bias,as a sole trader with 95% domestic in a rural area i didnt feel it had much relevance and decided to give the rest of the course a miss

bobby p

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2011, 05:49:17 pm »
i hope it runs next year as i will defo go then.this year i was too small for it ,in my mind

DG Cleaning

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2011, 06:40:36 pm »
Well in my role as Minister for Training & Education bearing in mind we are now under a common sense and fairness regime the amount if government money I would commit to this type of training is nil. I would reserve my budget for occupations that are actually dangerous such as firemen, miners, armed forces, confined spaces training etc. Unfortunately window cleaners aren't the only ones competing for this type of funding. Currently I have the postmen requiring training to carry their bags without causing costly to the NHS back injuries, the cobblers are constantly hitting themselves with hammers, more costly injuries etc. However I have taken the time to review wfp window cleaning and I can give you the following advice which we can file under the heading "Gumption" Basically what you are doing is brushing a window with a brush on the end of a long stick. If you are doing this very high up with an extra long stick then please try not to do it if its too windy, take an appropriate stance so as not to hurt your back or kill yourself. Don't be so stupid as to kill anyone else either. Thanks   ;D

Inside Out

« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2011, 07:39:02 pm »
I believe I have made my point, and am replying only to secure our three red exclamation marks. :D Good day sir!

PS. Good luck with your new job!

DG Cleaning

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2011, 09:00:26 pm »
Many thanks Sir, My reply is also to secure my point also. Whatever that means. Enjoying my new role immensely, tax money is going where its really needed, people are getting better care and living longer, still no wfp fatalities to report.   ;D

poleman

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2011, 09:37:06 pm »
Tom

Do you have any plans for course's in Bournemouth! (there is a lot of window cleaners down this way!) 

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2011, 10:29:37 pm »
i thought that government funding for this type of course was being withdrawn in april ????

DG Cleaning

« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2011, 10:54:43 pm »
Hopefully  ;D

Tom Kelly

« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2011, 08:58:25 am »
Tom

Do you have any plans for course's in Bournemouth! (there is a lot of window cleaners down this way!) 

We have just filled our latest batch of 14 courses all over the UK

We are just awaiting confirmation on funding for next year! But it's looking good!

If you get yourself onto the Impact43: Training Facebook site - Impact43: Training Facebook

or the - Impact43: Training Twitter

We tend to update these first with last spaces, new funding, new courses & special information :)

Tom Kelly

« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2011, 09:15:46 am »
i hope it runs next year as i will defo go then.this year i was too small for it ,in my mind

Noone is too small for the course.

And what from LJ Thorpe said, we have recently looked back at the course, and added A LOT more content based towards the domestic/residential window cleaner!

Jump on our Facebook, and you will be the first to know about new funding and course dates! :)

Micky Boy

« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2011, 09:24:16 pm »
Hopefully  ;D
would it make any difference  to you DG

Just for the record what sort of company are you

Sole trader residential, commercial, can't tell from your profile

What training have you done DG that you have paid for ?

DG Cleaning

« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2011, 11:29:43 pm »
Thought this was over with lol. Hi Micky, If you read back through my posts on this subject you'll see why I'm bothered. As regards training, I learnt the basics from a local window cleaner with 25 years plus experience, the rest I've figured out using the common sense approach that I advocate. I really didn't want to burden society with the cost of doing courses at their expense. Should I need to do a wc course which I doubt then it will come out of my pocket. Not saying I'm perfect at this game or know everything either but let's not over complicate a fairly straight forward job either. I'm a sole trader with mainly residential and some commercial.

Tom Kelly

« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2011, 12:17:45 pm »
Just so you know guys, we have decided to put on 1 more date!

We now have 9 spaces available for a City and Guilds QCF Course in Warrington!

You can book yourself a place by:

1. Leaving a number or an email in a comment below so we can contact you!
or
2. Call Gary in the office on 01205 364333!
or
3. Head over to Training43.com and book your place!

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2011, 08:43:44 pm »
Thought this was over with lol. Hi Micky, If you read back through my posts on this subject you'll see why I'm bothered. As regards training, I learnt the basics from a local window cleaner with 25 years plus experience, the rest I've figured out using the common sense approach that I advocate. I really didn't want to burden society with the cost of doing courses at their expense. Should I need to do a wc course which I doubt then it will come out of my pocket. Not saying I'm perfect at this game or know everything either but let's not over complicate a fairly straight forward job either. I'm a sole trader with mainly residential and some commercial.
i have to say i agree with this
even tho i signed up to have a go you have to question the priorities of a society/government ( cant really blame the coalition boys as this is a labour set up) that can fund free courses for window cleaners but is shutting down day care for dementia sufferers,mentally handicapped,downs syndrome,learning difficulties etc
its garbage really,and does appear to be a bit of a gravy train for those companies that are exploiting it....but you cant blame em if the system is there to exploit i suppose

DG Cleaning

« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2011, 11:26:55 pm »
Too late Inside Out, looks like Kev's been censured lol
Pity it was only an opinion!

« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2011, 04:48:26 am »
Tom : How many days does the course entail.? Thanks.

Tom Kelly

« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2011, 01:32:15 pm »
Tom : How many days does the course entail.? Thanks.

Hi Wizkid,

The course runs over 4 days, with 1 day a month!

The days cover different subjects, such as:

Workshop 1 - Hazard & risk assessments. The law, learn the easy way. Templates provided.

Workshop 2 - Development, communication & company branding. What makes you stand out? Setting up works controls.

Workshop 3 - Working at height solutions. Theory ladder selection, inspection and safe use. The law behind flat roof access.

Workshop 4 - Water Fed Pole Training, Ladder Practical, Safety Harness & Setting up your work area. Practical Assessments.

If it's something you're looking into doing you can give us a call in the office on Monday! :)

windiewasher

« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2011, 01:45:20 pm »
Too late Inside Out, looks like Kev's been censured lol
Pity it was only an opinion!

3 times m8,makes me sick when you see all the great causes that have to beg for money like on children in need and then the government can waste money on such crap courses!
 Meaningless and worthless in every way.
 Talk about throwing money away,its no wonder the country is in such a mess,when i left school i got city and guilds in 2 trades that took 2 years of hard work and training to get the qualifications.
 Now its just a silly course of 4 days on how to clean windows,its no wonder the country is in such a mess and we produce nothing in this country when they class a qualification in cleaning windows! ;D
 It might be free but im under the impression that if you have nvq or city and guilds qualifications in any trade you can not be funded free!
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.