Ian Mason

Re: WFP BAN! (2010)
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2010, 08:07:00 pm »
you cant stop someone using water if they require it to make a living!
i would have thoughts "starbucks" with there taps on constant day and night arnt really bothered or the car wash services
 i think its different if you need it to make a living out of it! maybe a limit at the most?

Lol,

I can just see the reception you would get from residents at your locally supplied emergency bowser, when you are filling up with gallons of water for work, & they want enough to boil a kettle. ;D

martinsadie

« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2010, 08:18:26 pm »

coca cola waste thousands or is it millions of litres of water when producing there drinks no-one picks on them.

I can never quite understand that arguement, what would those people drink if they didnt drink coca-cola?
Beer  ;D ;D

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2010, 08:22:13 pm »
year, what else could they possibly drink if they didnt waste billions of tons of water, to make "cola cola"?
he's got a point you know!

« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2010, 08:36:05 pm »
you cant stop someone using water if they require it to make a living!
i would have thoughts "starbucks" with there taps on constant day and night arnt really bothered or the car wash services
 i think its different if you need it to make a living out of it! maybe a limit at the most?
i agree i was making shampoo one hot summer for a well known brand and a hosepipe ban was introduced we carried on useing 1000 glns of water per day with the blessing of the water authority, as the ban never applied to business.

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2010, 10:07:01 pm »

coca cola waste thousands or is it millions of litres of water when producing there drinks no-one picks on them.

I can never quite understand that arguement, what would those people drink if they didnt drink coca-cola?
Beer  ;D ;D

lol it wouldnt be cider after todays budget lol
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

Wizard

« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2010, 10:14:42 pm »
We don’t even know what a drought is there is plenty of water here. WE just enjoy a good panic

Mike_G

« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2010, 10:20:10 pm »
I reckon the car wash services would stop pretty quick myself.... The answer to this must be with somebody who worked in 1976 when we last had a shortage so its over to the oldies, what happened then? I know my dad was window cleaning back then and they were not able to even fill up a bucket from any of their jobs during the summer because of the draught, cant remember if he had to take time of work but I got the feeling people didn't consider window cleaning a priority whilst water was being rationed....just had a look at some old news clippings and apparently some parts of the country had no water between 7pm and 8 am now lets imagine ( and its unlikely) that happened again can you honestly say that it would be acceptable to fill up your tank and go off cleaning windows with the water?

EZclean

« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2010, 11:51:38 pm »
Prof Piers Corbyn from WeatherAction.com says we will definitely not have a scorcher, it will have warm periods like most summers but deffo no droughts.
this is a forecaster who's had prediction sucess of 5/5  to Met office 0/5.

wish i would have bought his forecasts for the winter, he was bang on.
EZclean - Cleaner Than Water

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2010, 12:56:40 am »
Prof Piers Corbyn from WeatherAction.com says we will definitely not have a scorcher, it will have warm periods like most summers but deffo no droughts.
this is a forecaster who's had prediction sucess of 5/5  to Met office 0/5.

wish i would have bought his forecasts for the winter, he was bang on.

I think he was on Sky news with sky weatherman francis wilson, lol
he is actually a climatologist. very acurate.

Matt
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2010, 07:25:17 am »
if I remember right all them years ago, on the big ban, we were not allowed to clean out cars with hoses on our driveways, but were allowed to take out car to the carwash as this was a business that could effect someones living.

Would be good business for us if the public were not allowed to clean their own windows only weing allowed to use a window cleaner hehehehe ;D ;D ;D
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

gary999

« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2010, 07:51:13 am »
we will have one dry month as per the norm in the summer
and the rest of the time it will be hissing down on and off
as per normal. ::)

the same girlies who were whinging on here about a bit of
snow(scotland apart) and now looking for drought misery
i guarantee a few months from now will be crying about
the amount of rain we are having ::) ;D

a bunch of cant do!worrying before anything has happened
wont do, doom and gloom merchants.

give up you are never going to make a living with all
the artic weather, rain,hurricanes and tornados knocking all
the buildings down.

weeerrreee doomed!! ::) ::)

bloody well get on with it!! >:( ;D

Londoner

« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2010, 07:54:31 am »
I will worry about it when it happens. However, just to clear up one little point that has been mentioned a while back. My first job was working for the local water board and technically all rainwater that falls in their area belongs to them and not the owner of the land. They own every drop of water no matter where it is or how it got there. If you drive water in from another part of the country it becomes "theirs" as soon as it crosses their border. They have absolute control of everything.

karygate

« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2010, 08:04:23 am »
customer... how come you are using water during the ban
me........we have been harvesting it now for some time and also pay business rates on the water.

customer.......is that fair

me........you can do it as well if you pay loads for your water like we do

customer....end of argument.
gary

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2010, 08:47:28 am »
Oh my god, it's only march!
I despair...

Just get on with it and enjoy making decent money.
No-one's going to stop you doing it, any more than anybody's going to tell you to get down from your ladder.

IT'S ALL A LOAD OF TALK! Don't be poofs.

dave.e

« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2010, 04:36:54 pm »
If there was an hose pipe ban they would insist on you have a water meter fitted if not done so allready and then you are paying for what you use so you would be safe.

dazmond

« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2010, 05:11:21 pm »
EVEN IF THERE WAS A BAN i would be ok!id go back to trad/ladders/trad pole for a bit.some of you would be stuck as you cant trad or use extension poles to a professional standard and at a good pace!!

SHAME ON YOU!!CALL YOURSELF WINDOW CLEANERS!! ::) ::) :P :P

never been a hosppipe ban for years in the north west.you southern softies will have to go on an nvq course to learn trad then!! :P ;D ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

gary999

« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2010, 06:25:45 pm »
EVEN IF THERE WAS A BAN i would be ok!id go back to trad/ladders/trad pole for a bit.some of you would be stuck as you cant trad or use extension poles to a professional standard and at a good pace!!

never been a hosppipe ban for years in the north west.you southern softies will have to go on an nvq course to learn trad then!! :P ;D ;D ;D ;D

i can use a squeegee when i need to im not lightening fast
but can move at a reasonable pace.

but if i couldnt i would learn just like evrybody else would

lets face it..its hardly brain surgery ;D

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2010, 07:19:05 pm »

I'm a great trad cleaner. Did it for 10 years with virtually no complaint ever, and I'm fast.
I just choose not to, because it's so much more work!

Adam Boss

« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2010, 07:45:20 pm »
cleewindows still banging on about ladder bans, let it go fella it's not gonna happen, ban on wfp is very possible if we get a hosepipe ban.
Won't bother me as my wfp is a tool and will trad along nicely thankyou.
Panic stations polers. :P
EST: 1988

Steve_c

« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2010, 07:58:37 pm »
lets set this straight!

1st I doubt very much that we will be having a scorching summer like 2003!
The Met Office have stopped giving long range forecast as they unpredictable!

2nd WFP will NOT be banned if they implement a hosepipe ban!
This is because we alter the state of the water before we use it!

Right everyone got that?

Maybe if people stopped putting posts up here without reading some facts from the appropriate websites, we won't have the scare mongering.
There's a lot of guys on here that have only been set up 12 months or less, and scare mongering like this could make them quit the industry!

Spot on matt
Matt