This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

T J Stevens

Re: WFP BAN! (2010) New
« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2010, 12:04:42 pm »
Quite frankly the ratio's given here on this thread are "Whimsical" to say the very least!

A 40/40 is probably the best (and most expensive) as said by another post the merlin has an obscene amount of waste, anything less than than say the 500 system from RO-man(even with a 125 booster pump) would not get anywhere near 70%...
70% waste would be more accurate!

As for working using WFP during a drought, how tough do you think you are?
People can get nasty, slashing tyres, battery acid on the sign written van... need I go on?

I HAVE REMOVED THE LAST BIT, AS I WISH NOT TO OFFEND ANYONE, SORRY IF I DID!

cat9921

Re: WFP BAN! (2010)
« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2010, 05:24:14 pm »
You lot do know that if you get a hot summer that does not say that there will be less rain fall. you can have a fairly dry winter without rain,,,,, Its the rain fall that needs to be less not the heat of the summer  ;D

Sapphire Window Cleaning

Re: WFP BAN! (2010)
« Reply #82 on: March 28, 2010, 08:37:17 pm »
Quite frankly the ratio's given here on this thread are "Whimsical" to say the very least!

A 40/40 is probably the best (and most expensive) as said by another post the merlin has an obscene amount of waste, anything less than than say the 500 system from RO-man(even with a 125 booster pump) would not get anywhere near 70%...
70% waste would be more accurate!

As for working using WFP during a drought, how tough do you think you are?
People can get nasty, slashing tyres, battery acid on the sign written van... need I go on?

Nothings changed on this site!
I suppose the old saying still stands;
If there's enough nut's on a forum, someone's bound to talk Bo*****'S

Have you used a 500GPD?
you are more than welcome to come round my house and see it for yourself.

Matt

it takes 2m 12s to fill 1 litre of waste water and only 58s to fill 1 litre of pure water.

Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

T J Stevens

Re: WFP BAN! (2010) New
« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2010, 10:40:02 pm »
Matt I hope you notice I retracted the bit that was offensive, sorry!
back to the argument...

So what's the ratio then?
1 to 2.28 ?
How do you come by the % equation?

By brother in law has a 40/40 he can turn a valve and almost have no waste, however the RO suffers(reduces the life)
I went over to Rain-Harvesting 2yrs ago due to the fact I could not agree or accept the wastage of water, to me it's immoral(after-all it's only window cleaning!)

I have in front of me the Ionic' s cataloque 2010
on page 24, it reads;
Pro 6
The Ultimate Low Waste System...
A typical RO system rejects up to 60% of the incoming water supply in order to carry impurities down the drain. In industry this is an accepted part of the process. however window cleaning attracts the attention of consumers who are often more conscious of the cost of water as well as the environmental impact, especially in times of drought.
it goes on to say;
The PRO 6 uses an additional high spec filter which makes it possible to re-circulate a large percentage of the reject water back through the RO membrane.
Only 20% waste water
The cheapest machine is £3,995

Are you telling me that Ionic's have it wrong and we can do ALMOST the same thing with a RO-Man 500 system priced at £? (but RO-450 £299+vat)