jay moley

Customer that irritates me
« on: March 23, 2021, 02:42:43 pm »
Got this one lady. Front only, £10. 5 minutes work, max.

Just think she is rude. Had a right go at me a few cleans back for not knocking first before I started.

Then on Friday I turned up and she was talking to a neighbour. She saw me but didn't acknowledge me.

At the end of the job I asked to use the toilet. She acted like it was the worst question in the world to ask and said no!

Torn between binning her or keeping as its such easy money.

Also she'd probably be the kind to leave a bad review on google, which I don't want.

May just say that we are only doing whole houses now and the price will be X, way above what she's paid in the past for whole house on the rare occasion that she has it done.

Thoughts?

NWH

Re: Customer that irritates me
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2021, 02:50:54 pm »
I would just get rid of anything like that for 10 quid and as for using the toilet I would only ask that if I was there a long time or doing inside windows,I would never ask if I could go in to use the toilet unless I was 💩 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 no but seriously I wouldn’t ask to use their toilet.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2021, 02:58:10 pm »
I must say asking to use a customer's toilet is a huge no in my book. Especially one that I don't like.

???
It's a game of three halves!

jay moley

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2021, 03:23:47 pm »
Obviously neither of you have never really needed to use the toilet. I'll leave you to wet yourself.

NWH

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2021, 03:27:53 pm »
I don’t think you should use customers toilet.

jay moley

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2021, 03:30:29 pm »
I don’t think you should use customers toilet.

If you are desperate what can you do?

Going off to a supermarket or other toilet is a massive waste of time.

Ive just gone in the street before but decided its not professional if someone saw me and the sign written van.

Bottom line is: when you've got to go, you've got to go.

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2021, 03:36:26 pm »
Obviously neither of you have never really needed to use the toilet. I'll leave you to wet yourself.

why have you not got a plastic sports bottle in your van?this is what i use(i lean into the side door of my van,then empty it out underneath the van).....these days you cant use customers grids like the good,old days as theres cameras everywhere at most customer properties.....i would never dream of asking to use a customers toilet these days....

if i have a customer who irritates me too much i just stop cleaning for them(and tell them im cutting my hours down to part time hours now)....
price higher/work harder!

jay moley

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2021, 03:43:05 pm »

why have you not got a plastic sports bottle in your van?this is what i use(i lean into the side door of my van,then empty it out underneath the van).....these days you cant use customers grids like the good,old days as theres cameras everywhere at most customer properties.....i would never dream of asking to use a customers toilet these days....

if i have a customer who irritates me too much i just stop cleaning for them(and tell them im cutting my hours down to part time hours now)....

Thats a good solution. I'll do that.

NWH

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2021, 03:52:19 pm »
I work near to plenty of lanes etc I have a pee there,we went through a stage when we had work done on the house whenever they came they almost waited until they got here before they used the toilet.
We once had a British Gas engineer come round and ask can I use the loo and my Mrs said yes no problem only to find that he was in there for 15 minutes only to find out to her horror that he had gone for a 💩,she hates it unless it’s family of someone asks to use the loo and tbh I agree.
We will be having work done later on in the year and they will be getting a mobile loo all of there own,that’s why you see them at domestic houses people don’t want  it and I don’t blame them.

NWH

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2021, 03:54:10 pm »
If I’m bustin the squeegees come out the bucket 🪣 🤣🤣🤣 that’s my long square loo 🤣🤣

jay moley

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2021, 04:06:04 pm »
I work near to plenty of lanes etc I have a pee there,we went through a stage when we had work done on the house whenever they came they almost waited until they got here before they used the toilet.
We once had a British Gas engineer come round and ask can I use the loo and my Mrs said yes no problem only to find that he was in there for 15 minutes only to find out to her horror that he had gone for a 💩,she hates it unless it’s family of someone asks to use the loo and tbh I agree.
We will be having work done later on in the year and they will be getting a mobile loo all of there own,that’s why you see them at domestic houses people don’t want  it and I don’t blame them.

I think its very weird to not let someone use your toilet. Even more so if you know them.

deeege

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2021, 04:35:31 pm »
Asking to use a customers toilet 😂 What was you needing a number 2?
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

simon w

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2021, 04:42:57 pm »
Maybe due to covid they didn't want outsiders in their home?

NWH

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2021, 04:53:06 pm »
I don’t want anyone coming into my house and peeing on my toilet seat or laying a cable no thanks,why would anyone want that I think that’s the weird part.

jay moley

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2021, 05:15:25 pm »
I don’t want anyone coming into my house and peeing on my toilet seat or laying a cable no thanks,why would anyone want that I think that’s the weird part.
Control freak and your missis.

Bet you're an annoying neighbour. pest

Smudger

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2021, 05:29:03 pm »
5 minute job - is that the clean or doing the do?

Never ever ask to use the customers toilet - that's what a trad bucket is for - on larger jobs where we are there most of the day it's still the trad bucket unless the customer offers the use of..

COVID would be the most obvious reason - I got caught short on a big commercial gutter clear last year at the start of lockdown when public toilets were closed and the office supervisor wouldnt let me use the company toilets even though I  have a medical condition so I just used the bucket and aimed carefully 😆
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

NWH

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2021, 06:12:33 pm »
Control freak and your missis.

Bet you're an annoying neighbour. pest

Yeah I am an annoying neighbour but luckily I have a fat woman that lives there with her husband so she doesn’t get the time of day off of me,I’m not fattiest towards women like that but if she’s around I won’t even look at her due to the fact I may be physically sick 🤣🤣

windowswashed

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2021, 06:16:34 pm »
It's not the done thing to go in someone's house to use the toilet as people are shielding from their family, relatives and friends because of covid19. Carry a spare container for if you get caught short,  or use public toilets.

NWH

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2021, 06:17:48 pm »
Control freak coz I won’t let someone squat on my toilet and make a stink lol some people actually get off on doing that in other peoples houses,I would never dream of doing that in someone’s house unless I was feeling ill 😷 can’t think of anything worse how embarrassing.

NWH

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2021, 06:18:22 pm »
Shielding or not you don’t do it what’s the matter with people.

Don Kee

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2021, 07:32:57 pm »
How small are peoples bladders that they need to ask customers or use sports bottles??

Maybe instead of driving to her house to clean her windows, you could of driven somewhere to go for your dump.

JandS

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2021, 07:35:38 pm »
I know where all the nearest supermarkets are when I'm working.....if it's a pee just climb in back of van and pee in bucket......empty down drain and bit of fairy and pure soon cleans it out.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

dazmond

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2021, 07:50:11 pm »
How small are peoples bladders that they need to ask customers or use sports bottles??

Maybe instead of driving to her house to clean her windows, you could of driven somewhere to go for your dump.

Do you go all day without having a pee?I doubt that very much....

Twice while I'm out working,maybe more if I have a couple of brews....😄👍

Don Kee

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2021, 08:07:24 pm »

Of course I do.

But seeing as I’m recently potty trained, I manage not to wait until last moment and let myself get so desperate I have to take a leak in my nice tidy van or have to ask my customers whilst squeezing my winky before it bursts.

That’s with two protein shakes and as many brews as I can get.
Even the lad that works with me manages it.

Maybe it’s an age thing, I know it can be hard to hold your bladders for you old gits.

zesty

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2021, 08:44:44 pm »

Same, and always use bottle if desperate.

james peters

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2021, 09:13:42 pm »
my daughter works with me ;D
I have to plan my day carefully ;D
we have a map of all the toilets .....
and sometimes  in the month it is more essential :o

but I  dont ask customers during covid  ::)roll

Stoots

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2021, 10:19:29 pm »
I wouldnt dream of asking to use a customers pot. What were you thinking  :-X even more so now during covid.

Why can you not jump in the back of the van with a bottle like any sane individual

As for a dump, ive used a carrier bag before if needs be.

Always have a waz at least twice whilst working.

Bin Juice

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2021, 10:48:50 pm »
this forum has gone down the pan

NWH

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2021, 11:53:43 pm »
A carrier bag 💼 🤣🤣🤣🤣👍💩

Granny

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2021, 08:11:37 am »
Maybe you should change the title of the post to "Window cleaner that irritates customer!"
"Well- that's the windows cleaned do you mind if I have a dump in your toilet now?"

dazmond

« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2021, 08:18:11 am »

Of course I do.

But seeing as I’m recently potty trained, I manage not to wait until last moment and let myself get so desperate I have to take a leak in my nice tidy van or have to ask my customers whilst squeezing my winky before it bursts.

That’s with two protein shakes and as many brews as I can get.
Even the lad that works with me manages it.

Maybe it’s an age thing, I know it can be hard to hold your bladders for you old gits.

you talk some rubbish mate... ;D.....theres no way you can go all day and not have a pee at least once while your working unless your under 35? ;D

trust me when you get to 49(nearly 50) youll be peeing in a bottle at the side of your van at least twice a day...... ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2021, 08:21:27 am »
Now if you lot still did trad from time to time you could use your bucket on a belt.

Bit of washing up liquid, a wash out from your wfp. Chuck under the van.
Job jobbed.
It's a game of three halves!

NBwcs

« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2021, 08:42:25 am »
Part of the joys of getting older. I used to be able to go all day with out a toilet break, now it's probably twice a day on average. I have certain places I know I  can drive to and discreetly pee using the van as cover without being seen, that or the public loos in town but I reckon I must lose nearly  30mins a day just through going for a waz. Times this by at least 5 days a week and it impacts on your earnings  more than you think. I'd still never ask to use a customers toilet though.

mike1986

« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2021, 08:52:48 am »
I really don’t see a problem asking to use a customers toilet. If someone is working on my house and asked to use the toilet I would just say of course! It’s just basic manners isn’t it  ??? ???

Smudger

« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2021, 08:59:17 am »
what for a 5 minute job ?
would you expect the post to pop in and leave a deposit while he/she is passing?

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

NWH

« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2021, 09:00:53 am »
No I don’t think there’s anything wrong with saying to a customer errr Luv I had a dodgy curry last night I couldn’t lay a cable and pebbledash some porcelain could I lol,beggars believe how some people can think that’s ok.

lal

« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2021, 10:55:06 am »

Just think she is rude. Had a right go at me a few cleans back for not knocking first before I started.

Then on Friday I turned up and she was talking to a neighbour. She saw me but didn't acknowledge me.

At the end of the job I asked to use the toilet. She acted like it was the worst question in the world to ask and said no!

Also she'd probably be the kind to leave a bad review on google, which I don't want.

May just say that we are only doing whole houses now and the price will be X, way above what she's paid in the past for whole house on the rare occasion that she has it done.

Thoughts?

All this agro from this woman, you say for an easy £10,   its very very rare that i get very obnoxious rude customers,
ive had a couple like this in the past, i just tell them this isn't working, and that they should get someone else.

mike1986

« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2021, 11:41:12 am »
would you expect the post to pop in and leave a deposit while he/she is passing?

Darran

I wouldn't expect it...but i wouldn't say no if he asked! lol whats wrong with people  ::) If it was a woman would you refuse? Probably not

NWH

« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2021, 12:12:23 pm »
I’ve got 0 customers like that I wouldn’t clean any job these days for people like this or with that attitude,I had this conversation only on Monday with a lady that looks after a house for the owners I said to her I only work for nice people I’ve been at it too long for problem people.

Smudger

« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2021, 12:18:28 pm »

Darran

Yes I would unless they had been at the house for a couple of hours - and as you brought it up - perhaps a lady (possibly on her own allow a man into the house ?

Darran
I wouldn't expect it...but i wouldn't say no if he asked! lol whats wrong with people  ::) If it was a woman would you refuse? Probably not

Don Kee

« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2021, 01:29:59 pm »

you talk some rubbish mate... ;D.....theres no way you can go all day and not have a pee at least once while your working unless your under 35? ;D

I’m 33

And it’s quite ironic you telling someone they talk rubbish  ;D

nathankaye

« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2021, 03:33:46 pm »
wow,  this has to be a wind up surely.   You caome for a five min job to splash water on the windows and then knock to splash water around in the house.
come on, your having a laugh arent you!  you only asked them for a pee, as you dont like her.

facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2021, 03:54:48 pm »
I really don’t see a problem asking to use a customers toilet. If someone is working on my house and asked to use the toilet I would just say of course! It’s just basic manners isn’t it  ??? ???

i agree. dont see anything wrong with asking normally.. although with covid i wouldn't, and also i wouldn't ever ask someone who i didn't like and who didn't like me... AND i p in the van or down a country lane when i need to go. i have asked customers probably twice in 10 years
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

robbo333

« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2021, 05:53:33 pm »

Thoughts?

It's not easy is it?  ::)roll
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

the king

« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2021, 06:03:48 pm »
I got a pee pot in back of  van when needed also bucket and bin liner if i need a  💩 🤣🤣 always carry toilet role  in are game these days you got to be prepared 😂😂😂

dazmond

« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2021, 06:19:01 pm »
Part of the joys of getting older. I used to be able to go all day with out a toilet break, now it's probably twice a day on average. I have certain places I know I  can drive to and discreetly pee using the van as cover without being seen, that or the public loos in town but I reckon I must lose nearly  30mins a day just through going for a waz. Times this by at least 5 days a week and it impacts on your earnings  more than you think. I'd still never ask to use a customers toilet though.

why cant you open your side door of your van,lean in and pee in a bottle and empty it out under the van?it takes 2 mins then you can get back to work.....joe public cant see you...ive been doing this for years now

dazmond

« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2021, 06:20:08 pm »

I’m 33

And it’s quite ironic you telling someone they talk rubbish  ;D

i probably talk more sense than 95% of window cleaners on here mate! ;D

Slacky

« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2021, 10:12:12 pm »
I had a crap in a bucket in the back of the van once, about 3 years ago.

I was doing a large recently built domestic on the edge of Hampstead Heath, the only toilet I had access to was no better than the Egyptian street toilets Ive used when travelling round the country. So, a bucket, a turd and a rinse down the kerb was what occured. Has anyone else ever had a crap in their van. They stink afterwards.

simon w

« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2021, 10:22:24 pm »
I left one in bucket  in the van a few years ago and forgot to do away with it before finishing for the August bank holiday weekend needless to say the van didn't get stollen over the weekend  8)

the king

« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2021, 06:01:28 am »
I saw half way through a commercial job once so had to 💩 in the bucket back of van then people was talking out side so i was stuck in back for ages till they went 🤣

dazmond

« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2021, 08:16:22 am »
I would drive home rather than crap in the back of my van...luckily I never need to go during my working day..another reason to work short days!😄👍

simon w

« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2021, 08:22:45 am »
I would drive home rather than crap in the back of my van...luckily I never need to go during my working day..another reason to work short days!😄👍

It's not that bad daz apart from the few times you miss the bucket. A bit hard in the back of a Mondeo though 🤗

NWH

« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2021, 08:40:40 am »
I just knocked on a customer and asked if I could lay a cable in the loo if they didn’t mind,come in she said would you like a paper 🤣🤣🤣🤣 unbelievable if you ask me lol good old blue oblong bucket 🪣 when you are desperate 👌

nathankaye

« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2021, 10:18:15 am »
you can actually buy a bucket with a toilet seat plus lid for camping purposes, along with chemicals to put in.    store away discretely in van and use for those moments when you get caught short
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

NWH

« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2021, 10:53:01 am »
Don’t worry about it Nathan m8 I just go on a Moreman squeegee you wouldn’t know any different afterwards when you start using it,it’s still crap 💩 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😘🪣🪣🪣

Bungle

« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2021, 01:37:16 pm »
^^ poster that irritates me
We look at them, they look through them.

jay moley

« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2021, 08:08:53 pm »

At last someone with a bit of common sense.

jay moley

« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2021, 08:09:55 pm »

Darran

Its a pi55 not a poo

Gringo

« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2021, 11:42:29 am »
So you needed the loo
Not for a poo
But for a pee
I'm absolutely bursting said me
Customer bit of a moaner
Said no chance not in corona

KS Cleaning

« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2021, 12:03:40 pm »
So you needed the loo
Not for a poo
But for a pee
I'm absolutely bursting said me
Customer bit of a moaner
Said no chance not in corona
Stick to the day job😜

NWH

« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2021, 04:10:29 pm »
I would let someone I know have a pee or a builder I knew,if someone said can I use you’re loo and had a poo I would not be happy and they’d know it.
If it was a good looking woman she could do what she likes in my toilet 🤣🤣

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2021, 12:46:18 pm »
Just read this thread. Literally couldn’t stop laughing. Just what we all need at the moment.  Personally  I use a 1.5 litre Volvic bottle but the rim is a little narrow for my winker so I have to aim a couple of inches away and into the bottle. I got caught short on using a smaller bottle once and couldn’t stop mid flow and it over spilt. So I’ve learned my lesson 😂

NWH

« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2021, 01:25:24 pm »
I don’t think needing a pee is the issue tbh when you’re out working or letting people in the house.

dazmond

« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2021, 02:06:49 pm »
Just read this thread. Literally couldn’t stop laughing. Just what we all need at the moment.  Personally  I use a 1.5 litre Volvic bottle but the rim is a little narrow for my winker so I have to aim a couple of inches away and into the bottle. I got caught short on using a smaller bottle once and couldn’t stop mid flow and it over spilt. So I’ve learned my lesson 😂

buy a plastic sports bottle with a screw top...their about £2-50 from your local supermarket

Gringo

« Reply #64 on: March 29, 2021, 06:55:57 pm »
Buy a 4pint milk bottle, after using milk, can use for portable p pot, a full £1 saving on Daz's recommendation, also tax deduct able so win win, my tallywacker is massive and this system is perfectly user friendly

NWH

« Reply #65 on: March 29, 2021, 06:57:14 pm »
It ain’t that big m8 if you can get it in the end of a milk 🥛 bottle 🤣🤣🤣

NWH

« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2021, 06:57:41 pm »
I hope you’re a grower lol.

Gringo

« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2021, 10:50:56 pm »
I'm talking a 4 pint bottle Nige, not your normal 1 pint