van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jay moley

Customer that irritates me
« on: March 23, 2021, 02:42:43 pm »
Got this one lady. Front only, £10. 5 minutes work, max.

Just think she is rude. Had a right go at me a few cleans back for not knocking first before I started.

Then on Friday I turned up and she was talking to a neighbour. She saw me but didn't acknowledge me.

At the end of the job I asked to use the toilet. She acted like it was the worst question in the world to ask and said no!

Torn between binning her or keeping as its such easy money.

Also she'd probably be the kind to leave a bad review on google, which I don't want.

May just say that we are only doing whole houses now and the price will be X, way above what she's paid in the past for whole house on the rare occasion that she has it done.

Thoughts?

NWH

Re: Customer that irritates me
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2021, 02:50:54 pm »
I would just get rid of anything like that for 10 quid and as for using the toilet I would only ask that if I was there a long time or doing inside windows,I would never ask if I could go in to use the toilet unless I was 💩 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 no but seriously I wouldn’t ask to use their toilet.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2021, 02:58:10 pm »
I must say asking to use a customer's toilet is a huge no in my book. Especially one that I don't like.

???
It's a game of three halves!

jay moley

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2021, 03:23:47 pm »
Obviously neither of you have never really needed to use the toilet. I'll leave you to wet yourself.

NWH

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2021, 03:27:53 pm »
I don’t think you should use customers toilet.

jay moley

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2021, 03:30:29 pm »
I don’t think you should use customers toilet.

If you are desperate what can you do?

Going off to a supermarket or other toilet is a massive waste of time.

Ive just gone in the street before but decided its not professional if someone saw me and the sign written van.

Bottom line is: when you've got to go, you've got to go.

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2021, 03:36:26 pm »
Obviously neither of you have never really needed to use the toilet. I'll leave you to wet yourself.

why have you not got a plastic sports bottle in your van?this is what i use(i lean into the side door of my van,then empty it out underneath the van).....these days you cant use customers grids like the good,old days as theres cameras everywhere at most customer properties.....i would never dream of asking to use a customers toilet these days....

if i have a customer who irritates me too much i just stop cleaning for them(and tell them im cutting my hours down to part time hours now)....
price higher/work harder!

jay moley

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2021, 03:43:05 pm »

why have you not got a plastic sports bottle in your van?this is what i use(i lean into the side door of my van,then empty it out underneath the van).....these days you cant use customers grids like the good,old days as theres cameras everywhere at most customer properties.....i would never dream of asking to use a customers toilet these days....

if i have a customer who irritates me too much i just stop cleaning for them(and tell them im cutting my hours down to part time hours now)....

Thats a good solution. I'll do that.

NWH

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2021, 03:52:19 pm »
I work near to plenty of lanes etc I have a pee there,we went through a stage when we had work done on the house whenever they came they almost waited until they got here before they used the toilet.
We once had a British Gas engineer come round and ask can I use the loo and my Mrs said yes no problem only to find that he was in there for 15 minutes only to find out to her horror that he had gone for a 💩,she hates it unless it’s family of someone asks to use the loo and tbh I agree.
We will be having work done later on in the year and they will be getting a mobile loo all of there own,that’s why you see them at domestic houses people don’t want  it and I don’t blame them.

NWH

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2021, 03:54:10 pm »
If I’m bustin the squeegees come out the bucket 🪣 🤣🤣🤣 that’s my long square loo 🤣🤣

jay moley

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2021, 04:06:04 pm »
I work near to plenty of lanes etc I have a pee there,we went through a stage when we had work done on the house whenever they came they almost waited until they got here before they used the toilet.
We once had a British Gas engineer come round and ask can I use the loo and my Mrs said yes no problem only to find that he was in there for 15 minutes only to find out to her horror that he had gone for a 💩,she hates it unless it’s family of someone asks to use the loo and tbh I agree.
We will be having work done later on in the year and they will be getting a mobile loo all of there own,that’s why you see them at domestic houses people don’t want  it and I don’t blame them.

I think its very weird to not let someone use your toilet. Even more so if you know them.

deeege

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2021, 04:35:31 pm »
Asking to use a customers toilet 😂 What was you needing a number 2?
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

simon w

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2021, 04:42:57 pm »
Maybe due to covid they didn't want outsiders in their home?

NWH

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2021, 04:53:06 pm »
I don’t want anyone coming into my house and peeing on my toilet seat or laying a cable no thanks,why would anyone want that I think that’s the weird part.

jay moley

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2021, 05:15:25 pm »
I don’t want anyone coming into my house and peeing on my toilet seat or laying a cable no thanks,why would anyone want that I think that’s the weird part.
Control freak and your missis.

Bet you're an annoying neighbour. pest

Smudger

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2021, 05:29:03 pm »
5 minute job - is that the clean or doing the do?

Never ever ask to use the customers toilet - that's what a trad bucket is for - on larger jobs where we are there most of the day it's still the trad bucket unless the customer offers the use of..

COVID would be the most obvious reason - I got caught short on a big commercial gutter clear last year at the start of lockdown when public toilets were closed and the office supervisor wouldnt let me use the company toilets even though I  have a medical condition so I just used the bucket and aimed carefully 😆
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

NWH

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2021, 06:12:33 pm »
Control freak and your missis.

Bet you're an annoying neighbour. pest

Yeah I am an annoying neighbour but luckily I have a fat woman that lives there with her husband so she doesn’t get the time of day off of me,I’m not fattiest towards women like that but if she’s around I won’t even look at her due to the fact I may be physically sick 🤣🤣

windowswashed

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2021, 06:16:34 pm »
It's not the done thing to go in someone's house to use the toilet as people are shielding from their family, relatives and friends because of covid19. Carry a spare container for if you get caught short,  or use public toilets.

NWH

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2021, 06:17:48 pm »
Control freak coz I won’t let someone squat on my toilet and make a stink lol some people actually get off on doing that in other peoples houses,I would never dream of doing that in someone’s house unless I was feeling ill 😷 can’t think of anything worse how embarrassing.

NWH

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2021, 06:18:22 pm »
Shielding or not you don’t do it what’s the matter with people.