Chris Straker

Re: Nice Service
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2013, 09:14:36 am »
Blacky (or whoever it is) obviously does not know me that well or else he would not have posted such Scheiße but all I can say in response to his post is ....... PARP  ;)

Those in the know will appreciate but unable to elaborate as it lost me my moderator post last time  ::)roll

Paul Moss

« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2013, 09:31:08 am »
PARP Perfectly Addicted Retail p ussey cat  :D

Billy Russell

« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2013, 09:35:25 am »
PARP, Professional Anal Rectifying Probing?

:-*  ;D ;D

Simon Gerrard

john martin

« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2013, 11:42:41 am »
Simon, thats how service should be, Hydramaster are the same, service is second to none. In contrast, i bought an Airflex Storm November 2011 and have had nothing but trouble with it blowing vac motors, it only comes out for the odd job as we use a truckmount, Cleansmart recieved a vac motor back on monday before 1 pm(its now Saturday) with less than 2 hours use on it, had no reply so i phoned wednesday, they hadnt even looked at it, said they would look at it thursday and call me, nobody phoned, i am still without a machine for a week, poor poor service Cleansmart. Its usually how you find the good companies service from bad, fine when you're handing over money, super fast delivery and all that, when a problem arises they don't want to know.

I think its fair to say that there seems to an erratic reliability pattern reported with the 6.6 motor ...  some have no issues , some have reported multiple failures .

You are the first i know of to mention the storm having these issues and there seems to have been no effort to hush you up , so if it was widespread with storm users I'd say others would have mentioned it . Its possible the 6.6 is prone to failure in certain conditions but the fact that the storm has forced cooling and no reported water ingress issues it might be less prone than machines that don't  have such design features .
It would be interesting to hear Cleansmarts thoughts on the issue and 6.6 in general .
Bet Ashbys are glad they went with Electros !  so far anyway .

Chris Straker

« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2013, 01:29:50 pm »
As John says, maybe there are issue with 6.6 vacs ........ but water ingress can clearly be avoided, in general use, so some of the issues can be avoided !!

Not sure how long & hard they need to be run for overheating problems but I have had mine in use for 5 hours with only one 10 minute stop for refreshment & 2 refill/empties ..... that never seemed to do any overheating and was indoors without open windows (but large corridors/chambers)  ;D

Dennis

« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2013, 01:32:29 pm »
I'm really surprised you never have overheating problems with all that residual hot air in that place.  ;D ;)

stuart_clark

« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2013, 02:42:43 pm »
The thing is, with the Scorpion and the Jag, neither have cooling fans in the body , they only have small 3"  round vents, I think if they were a couple of small extraction fans fitted, it might rectify the over heating problems! All the other machines i have owned have had these iincorpareted in there bodys

Chris Straker

« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2013, 03:19:19 pm »
My old Mytee Speedster had fans but over the years they packed up and I never noticed  :o

Obviously not that needed after all  :)

john martin

« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2013, 03:40:45 pm »
My old Mytee Speedster had fans but over the years they packed up and I never noticed  :o

Obviously not that needed after all  :)

But Chris , isn't better  to have these features than not ,  for the money you pay shouldn't you want as many extras and usefull features as possible .
I believe he had to practically petitioned by customers to fit a PSI gauge , the scorpion had none ...  its as though hardline Jag fans would find some reason to defend the non use if a psi gauge if it was criticized .
To me its just looks a policy of building a machine as cheaply as possible .

Chris Straker

« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2013, 04:03:50 pm »
John, you may be right, who am I to say otherwise but I have air con in my van, although I never use it ...... I have not overheated yet  ;D

Never owned a Scorpion but I know a few that have, gauge would have helped but it never hindered them. Time will tell if there is an issue with heat but mine is 17 months old now and it seems to be fine ..... I have not had internals/cut out mod yet  :)

john martin

« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2013, 05:11:26 pm »
John, you may be right, who am I to say otherwise but I have air con in my van, although I never use it ...... I have not overheated yet  ;D

Never owned a Scorpion but I know a few that have, gauge would have helped but it never hindered them. Time will tell if there is an issue with heat but mine is 17 months old now and it seems to be fine ..... I have not had internals/cut out mod yet  :)

well don't go paying for those internal/cutout mods , u could do them your self in 20 min with two bits of vac hose and a holesaw ...
and please don't believe you are gaining performance like those poor misguided individuals on the 6.6 thread on CT  .... 
I would love to hear their technical explanation on how they think they have 370cfm and 11hg ,  ( you have 280cfm and 9hg folks , live with it   :D)

Chris Straker

« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2013, 06:37:26 pm »
John, I know what I believe from someone who personally tested on the cfm so neither of us should listen to propaganda ...... we are both old enough to believe our own eyes and not what prejudice others tell us  ;)

If you have personally seen the cfm meter on a Jaguar 6.6, then I apologise. I can only go by performance & results that Solutions kits allows me to deliver to my clients and if the largest one is prepared to pay me three times what they pay their own contract cleaners, it can't be just my opinion  :)

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2013, 06:37:38 pm »
Simon, thats how service should be, Hydramaster are the same, service is second to none. In contrast, i bought an Airflex Storm November 2011 and have had nothing but trouble with it blowing vac motors, it only comes out for the odd job as we use a truckmount, Cleansmart recieved a vac motor back on monday before 1 pm(its now Saturday) with less than 2 hours use on it, had no reply so i phoned wednesday, they hadnt even looked at it, said they would look at it thursday and call me, nobody phoned, i am still without a machine for a week, poor poor service Cleansmart. Its usually how you find the good companies service from bad, fine when you're handing over money, super fast delivery and all that, when a problem arises they don't want to know.

I think its fair to say that there seems to an erratic reliability pattern reported with the 6.6 motor ...  some have no issues , some have reported multiple failures .

You are the first i know of to mention the storm having these issues and there seems to have been no effort to hush you up , so if it was widespread with storm users I'd say others would have mentioned it . Its possible the 6.6 is prone to failure in certain conditions but the fact that the storm has forced cooling and no reported water ingress issues it might be less prone than machines that don't  have such design features .
It would be interesting to hear Cleansmarts thoughts on the issue and 6.6 in general .
Bet Ashbys are glad they went with Electros !  so far anyway .

To be honest, I dont take anyone that has three posts to thier name that serious in all fairness... He mentiones bad service but this is totally the opposite to what I and others on here have from Cleansmart over the years. Anytime that I've had parts replaced under warrenty with my previous airflex, they where all delivered free, next day and they also sent it so that it would arrive before 9.30am! Anytime I needed little things like replacement decals, wheel caps etc they where all sent to me free.

I've had nothing but great service from Matt and his team. I find it really hard to beleive that you would get anything less.

Dave mentions he's had vacs always blowing. How many is that? 2? 3? All of amtech lamb vacs are rated at 500 hours. He bought his machine in November 2011, that pretty much a year and a half ago! Its very normal/common to replacing two vacs a year on a two vac machine.
If its vac2 that your having problems with, THE ONE THATS DIRECTLY UNDER THE STACK! then its probably more likely that your sucking in alot of foam and debris and lint.  Plus these vacs are alot more powerful, its an easier thing to do. My tips would be use defomer, empty more otfen, let the vacs run 5 minutes after every job and leave the lid off when not using the machine.

Please beleive me when I say I am not biased what so ever. I have only ever bought two machines from cleansmart in 3 and half years. I get all my other cleaning supplys, chems etc from another company. Just posting what I find.

Tony,
Airflex Storm user 6 months and counting of hard work and no problems what so ever. Cleans and looks fantastic!

Dont buy one if you live near me!!

Chris Straker

« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2013, 06:41:15 pm »
Love that last line ..... I hope the Jag haters are within my working zone now  ;D

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2013, 06:46:41 pm »
Chris, do you have 6.6 vacs in your jag or 5.7s? I'm sure I heard someone say they had replaced the 6.6s for 5.7s on another thread.

Chris Straker

« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2013, 06:53:59 pm »
Mine is 6.6 and 17 months on, working hassle free  ;D

john martin

« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2013, 07:00:46 pm »
John, I know what I believe from someone who personally tested on the cfm so neither of us should listen to propaganda ...... we are both old enough to believe our own eyes and not what prejudice others tell us  ;)

If you have personally seen the cfm meter on a Jaguar 6.6, then I apologise. I can only go by performance & results that Solutions kits allows me to deliver to my clients and if the largest one is prepared to pay me three times what they pay their own contract cleaners, it can't be just my opinion  :)

Chris ,  yes i have !  skip to 4 min on this vid .   :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD-sRySlSkU

But really i don't have to see , its simply a matter of looking at the data sheet provided by Ametek and doing simple math ...

Of coarse i don't doubt you can work well this or any machine ,   
But some are better build and incorporate more features for your money than others .

Len Gribble

« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2013, 07:07:47 pm »
The only decent Jag was series 1 3.8 roadster ops wrong forum :o
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Dave_Watson

« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2013, 04:45:44 pm »
To be honest, I dont take anyone that has three posts to thier name that serious in all fairness... He mentiones bad service but this is totally the opposite to what I and others on here have from Cleansmart ov

To be honest, I don't take anyone with there name carpet that serious in all fairness...