clarkson

jaguar
« on: June 30, 2011, 06:44:34 pm »

Hi All
  Has anyone had a jaguar porty from world of clean?

I am interested in it, looks like a scorpion which i know is highly thought of.

Its only twin vac, but these have very powerful sealed motors for incredible lift, sales speak or is this true?

Everyone you speak to has a different opinion on porty.s. I hear texatherm emv201 is good, and i have texatherm rotary system so would make sense for me.  but not many have them? and 3200 plus vat its a hefty price tag.

might buy harrys ninja if it doesnt sale away on fleabay :)

cheers

john

gwrightson

Re: jaguar
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 06:58:57 pm »

So is this another cpl plastic buckets  ? ;)
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

M.Acorn

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 07:05:20 pm »
Just had a look myself,and it looks like it's been put together in someone's garage,using readily available plastic containers,spec looks pretty impressive though
What goes around comes around

gwrightson

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 07:09:35 pm »

To be fair the spec of the scorpion is pretty good apart from the fact you do have to use cold water, " yes i know heat is an additional add on"   and it does look very cheap and nasty , like i said a cpl of plastic buckets.
Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 08:05:30 pm »
Spec might be good, (i've just looked and they are pretty much the same as whats on the market already) but what I dont understand is why dont they make the body of the machine more attractive??

If I was in the market for  a new mchine it would not be the Jag or the scorpian.

markpowell

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 08:52:50 pm »
Cant re-invent the wheel, twin vac machine same power as the scorpion.
Mark

john martin

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2011, 09:33:26 pm »
This again  ;D this is my take on it ..

Think of the new motors as the equivalent of "energy saving lightbulbs" insted of high powered .

They produce almost the same power CFM and lift as the current three stage while drawing a couple of less amps ...  this perhaps a move by the manufacturer to produce  'greener ' motors , and also because amps are precious in the states as they draw twice as many amps per watt at 120v as us at 230v.

The cross american website states the CFM of the scorpion as 326  ... and the Jaguar as 298 . 
Why people think the jaguar with two motors has as much power as scorpion im do not know ... cross america did list the 'combined' cfm and lift ratings for the 6.6 in a confusing way , so perhaps  rumor spread from there ...
That said the Jaguar has lots of features and should work well ...
but the design is Based on the american 120v market to me ...  over here we could get away with three motors or two and heat .

Darren O

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2011, 10:13:04 pm »
Joe Hatton should be along in a minute

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2011, 08:41:20 am »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2011, 09:07:14 am »
Take and entry level Truck Mount for a test drive before thinking of spending that kind of money on what is at the end of the day a plastic bucket with a few motors attached. >:(

Simon

CARPET KNIGHTS

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2011, 09:13:01 am »
John I think you will find that the motors actually draw more current than the normal 3 stage vacs this is why there can only be 2 fitted.

Where cfms are involved it does have less but it has much higher lift, so where in the past you either had a machine that was vacuum optimised or airflow optimised the jaguar is both.

I have seen and used this new machine and it is good.

As for the looks of the machine they have been discussed time and time again, It is a rather ugly looking machine but it works and looks like it is made to. It is not meant to be a fashion statement.

Cheers Goron

clarkson

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2011, 02:57:54 pm »

hi Guys
 Thanks for comments, although the picture isnt any clearer.

It is ugly, but i always thought that about the scorpion, as said its about what is the best for cleaning carpets.

Someone mentioned a truckmount but the jaguar is 2000 +vat. iam not going to get a truckmount for that.

Also i have noticed most truckmount operators have a porty as well, sometimes you simply cant get the van close enough to the cleaning area however many hoses you have got.

i cant afford both so will search on for the best porty.

cheers

john

fenman

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2011, 03:37:16 pm »
Yawn, yawn.
Customers want clean carpets and are not remotely interested in your nice looking machine.
If you are that bothered by looks rather than performance you can always put some go faster stripes on it.
What we need is a machine that does a good job, is reliable and lasts for years.
I do not know whether the Jaguar is better than any other machine but do not dismiss it because it does not fit your idea of how a machine should look.
There is an old fly fishing saying that bright flashy flies catch more anglers in the shop than they do actual fish.

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2011, 04:05:40 pm »
If I was not finishing ccing as age has crept up on me, I would get a Jaguar.

My customers do not know or care what machine I use or chemicals- all they want is a clean carpet at a reasonable price.

God must love stupid people---He made so many.

Colin Day

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2011, 04:46:19 pm »
Take and entry level Truck Mount for a test drive before thinking of spending that kind of money on what is at the end of the day a plastic bucket with a few motors attached. >:(

Simon

...remembering of course to have a couple of grand spare in the bank for when your TM breaks down >:(

The most expensive fix on a porty is probably the pump... :)

Colin Day

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2011, 04:50:37 pm »
The Jaguar is an industrial carpet cleaning machine, has anyone ever seen a "nice looking" cement mixer on a building site, or a dump truck in the style of a Ferrari ??? I have been lucky enough to get up close and personal with this machine, and I'm having one.... ;)

Colin Day

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2011, 05:20:29 pm »
Yawn, yawn.
Customers want clean carpets and are not remotely interested in your nice looking machine.
If you are that bothered by looks rather than performance you can always put some go faster stripes on it.
What we need is a machine that does a good job, is reliable and lasts for years.
I do not know whether the Jaguar is better than any other machine but do not dismiss it because it does not fit your idea of how a machine should look.
There is an old fly fishing saying that bright flashy flies catch more anglers in the shop than they do actual fish.

;D How true, my choice would be a Hairy Mary and a Greenwell's Glory ;D

clarkson

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2011, 05:49:01 pm »

hi
 what do the people who know think of the two super motors are as good as 3 stage claim?

cheers

john

Mike Halliday

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2011, 06:06:06 pm »
if the machine has the space for 3 vac motors why not fit 3 of these 'new' vac motors instead of just 2, I would think everyone would agree that you can never have too much vacuum.

the actual chassis look that same as the scorpion so 3 motors would fit.... unless they are bigger dimensionally.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

richy27

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2011, 06:09:38 pm »
although many threads seem to turn into truckmount vs portable i happen to agree and disagree with some comments.

firstly yes correct some jobs you cant do with a tm  but generally speaking they tend to be jobs you dont want to do anyway

on the other hand there are jobs you cant do with a portable but these are jobs you def do want because of the £££££.

colin is correct if a truckmount does go down yes it could be expensive but with good maintanance you can touching wood do your bit to help prevent this .  and any ways the main parts of the tm are the most expensive pump, blower , engine . But there are truckmounts about that have done 5-10000 hours because they were maintained well.

each to there own but most people who are vehemently opposed to truckmounts deep down would love one really. i know a chap who used to tell me i was mad for having a tm bla bla bla all the time funny thing was he inherited some money guess what next month he had a tm funny that.

now i speak from experience i started my business with very little money , bought a porty, had no intention of getting tm d at the start because i believed it was out of my league and was not going to borrow to do it . took the chance on a decent used machine 2 years later  and never looked back.

ps to add if the jag looks mingin who cares if it does what it claims i am sure it is a cracking bit of kit . But in the words of dragons den lovely concept great idea but not for me   SO I AM OUT

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2011, 06:28:38 pm »
...remembering of course to have a couple of grand spare in the bank for when your TM breaks down
Colin,
That is a complete and utter fallacy, usually utter by people who have no expereicne of them and want to use it as an excuse not to have one ::) Unless you buy a pig in a poke, a TM needs very little by way of maintenance and nothing more than waer and tear replacements parts wise.
And then of course there is the massive difference in productivity that you get from a TM and that alone pays for the extra cost of it a thousand times over.

Simon

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2011, 07:02:39 pm »
When TM's go down they don't cost £000's to repair the worst thing is not having it repaired straight away, being a tmer of 11 years and a porty owner for 12 or so, a TM will increase productivity considerably and that's why TMers do more work and why I have moved onto them, which ever porty you get you still have to set it up and this takes time and also the refilling and refilling and refilling.

Shaun

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2011, 07:16:07 pm »
And emptying and emptying, oh, and filling and then humping it in an out of the van. >:( All the time the TM guy's are working non-stop.
I did an upholstery job the other day and thought I'd did with my twin vac port (god knows why.) Got it filled and off I went - at a snails pace. Did two chairs and chucked it back in the van and got the TM going and it whistled through the rest of them. Hats off to you porty guy's.

Simon

john martin

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2011, 07:38:03 pm »
John I think you will find that the motors actually draw more current than the normal 3 stage vacs this is why there can only be 2 fitted.

Where cfms are involved it does have less but it has much higher lift, so where in the past you either had a machine that was vacuum optimised or airflow optimised the jaguar is both.

Cheers Goron

Goran , can you post data links to  back up your statment ...
can you explain the results of this test .... two new 6.6 vs two"old"ametek 3 stage ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KKAzll_-NA

richy27

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2011, 07:39:33 pm »
And emptying and emptying, oh, and filling and then humping it in an out of the van. >:( All the time the TM guy's are working non-stop.
I did an upholstery job the other day and thought I'd did with my twin vac port (god knows why.) Got it filled and off I went - at a snails pace. Did two chairs and chucked it back in the van and got the TM going and it whistled through the rest of them. Hats off to you porty guy's.

Simon

simon you forgot    and get home earlier to watch the tennis

Simon Gerrard

Colin Day

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2011, 08:00:52 pm »
No filling/emptying with the Jaguar, it has auto-fill/dump. You can easily set it up so it stays on the van and if access is a problem, you can cap of the auto-fill/dump inlets and outlets respectively and use it as a normal porty... How versatile is that? So the hardest part's going to be plugging the machine in.... Oh bugger, that's going to be so difficult to do...  ;D ;D ;D

Colin Day

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2011, 08:06:16 pm »
...remembering of course to have a couple of grand spare in the bank for when your TM breaks down
Colin,
That is a complete and utter fallacy, usually utter by people who have no expereicne of them and want to use it as an excuse not to have one ::) Unless you buy a pig in a poke, a TM needs very little by way of maintenance and nothing more than waer and tear replacements parts wise.
And then of course there is the massive difference in productivity that you get from a TM and that alone pays for the extra cost of it a thousand times over.

Simon

Also, if your van breaks down, you can't exactly swap the TM over to another vehicle :-*

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2011, 08:16:54 pm »
Colin,
Can't remember being off the road with van problem in the last 30 years.
All these negative waves, not like you ???

Billy Russell

« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2011, 08:28:23 pm »
I was in cornwall on weds having a service on my TM, and yes i could of done it myself or got it done closer but i enjoy the drive down there, enjoy talking to John and the team and i'm lucky enough to be in a position to have a day off to do it!!!!( Just thought i would add that in case anyone try's adding that to TM costs  ;D ) While i was there i popped in to see Nick and he was good enough to show me and to explain to me the workings of the Jag and yes it doe's seem to be a good machine but it needs to be on the market a bit longer before you see if it has any reliability issue's but if it doesn't great, not a bad machine!!!!

I've been TM'd since Jan after years of using porty's and i can honestly say if i had to do it all over again i would go with Simon on this one and look for a decent 2nd hand TM first and when the times right i might get a porty as back up for those couple of jobs a year i'd use it on!!!

I don't want to go into a TM v Porty debate, the above is just what i've found!!!!!!! and before anyone asks, yes i owned a scorpion before my TM!!!! and it does not compare to a TM in the slightest same as the Jag doesn't.  I think it was Mike Halliday or Doug Holloway on another post made an interesting point that the closer people try getting a portable to get truckmount performance, well it stops becoming so portable and becomes heavier and heavier!!!!!!

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2011, 08:35:01 pm »
Colin you still have to put hoses to a tap not all taps are outside or round the front of a house I know that I wouldn't feel that comfortable thinking that I had a hose attached to a posh tap in the kitchen thinking it would scratch it or pull off wetting the expensive decor, I can see the scenario of a hose coming from the tap to the machine then 2 leads going to 2 sockets all coming potentially through the hallway then there's the vacuum and solution hoses heath and safety would be having kittens.

Shaun

derek west

« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2011, 08:54:04 pm »
last time i used a porty was when i was 2 years old, filling was easy but my mum didn't like the emptying,

i'm getting mixed up here aren't i?  ;D

john martin

« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2011, 08:58:14 pm »
not to on about it  ;D  but i would like to know where folk get confused  

Figures from the cross-american site ..  jaguar
"One of the highest combined vacuum ratings: 263" lift
A combined motors rating an amazing 298 cfm's

The Jaguar is a two stack parallel machine ..
so the lift will be half the above " combined " figure that you would get in series configuration ...ie about 131"
cfm in parallel will be 298

so based on those figures the jaguar has 131" lift and 298 cfm.

Ie. same or less lift than a good twin 3stage machine ...

Colin Day

« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2011, 09:10:41 pm »
Colin,
Can't remember being off the road with van problem in the last 30 years.
All these negative waves, not like you ???

I'm actually just being positive about porty's and counter-acting your claims. I'm not getting a TM, simple as that, I only have a few hours play time in the day being sissy stay at home Dad so-to-speak, so a TM would be a lot of money sitting on my drive... Maybe when the kids have grown up and can walk to school on their own, I'll have a TM!

Don't take anything personally Simon, I have a lot of respect for you fella!!! :)

Colin Day

« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2011, 09:17:16 pm »
Colin you still have to put hoses to a tap not all taps are outside or round the front of a house I know that I wouldn't feel that comfortable thinking that I had a hose attached to a posh tap in the kitchen thinking it would scratch it or pull off wetting the expensive decor, I can see the scenario of a hose coming from the tap to the machine then 2 leads going to 2 sockets all coming potentially through the hallway then there's the vacuum and solution hoses heath and safety would be having kittens.

Shaun

You can have the water coming from an on-board water tank, obviously a pump will be required.... But that's how the Yanks manage it...

steven Banks

« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2011, 09:19:51 pm »
The Jaguar is an industrial carpet cleaning machine, has anyone ever seen a "nice looking" cement mixer on a building site, or a dump truck in the style of a Ferrari ??? I have been lucky enough to get up close and personal with this machine, and I'm having one.... ;)

Best post ever!  ;D

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2011, 09:32:05 pm »
Colin if I were in your position I wouldn't buy one but imagine if you got busier but you still needed to be home intime for the school run how many jobs could you get done with a TM?

Took me 15 years to get a petrol TM it doubles your productivity in most cases also makes people ask about your services more when they see it and they prefer having you back as they perceive a better clean.

Shaun

Colin Day

« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2011, 09:38:24 pm »
I'm only 3 years in Shaun and as I've said a few times on CIU, I never say never..... :)

« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2011, 09:52:07 pm »
When I buy another van maybe next year I will buy one for the time saved in filling and emptying, but i would always need a portable and rotary as alot of my work could never be done with a van mounted system.   

clarkson

« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2011, 10:01:03 pm »

hi
 forgive this question as i have never considered tm. but i have experience with hoses having wfp. i also have a 15 meter  hose  on our guttevac. it is  a nightmare to deal with. i would rather move my old porty than fight with that hose for the same time.

surely dragging a hundred foot plus of 2 or 3 inch vac hose and the same in high pressure hose, across the path, down the garden through the door up the stairs etc. is as hard as wheeling the porty in?

and with 400-800psi plus huge extraction on new porty's where is the massive time saving tm operators claim? surely with both the time is down to the strokes of the operator on the wand.

most are prespraying which is really the cleaning now. the hwe is just a rinse. i just cant see where claims of two and three times productivity are coming from.

not calling tm'ers just trying to understand

cheers

john

richy27

« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2011, 10:03:18 pm »

hi
 forgive this question as i have never considered tm. but i have experience with hoses having wfp. i also have a 15 meter  hose  on our guttevac. it is  a nightmare to deal with. i would rather move my old porty than fight with that hose for the same time.

surely dragging a hundred foot plus of 2 or 3 inch vac hose and the same in high pressure hose, across the path, down the garden through the door up the stairs etc. is as hard as wheeling the porty in?

and with 400-800psi plus huge extraction on new porty's where is the massive time saving tm operators claim? surely with both the time is down to the strokes of the operator on the wand.

most are prespraying which is really the cleaning now. the hwe is just a rinse. i just cant see where claims of two and three times productivity are coming from.

not calling tm'ers just trying to understand

cheers

john

beg to differ job the other day i had 150 ft of hoses from the van before i got to the door . prob took me an extra 5 min to set up and pack up ( hose reel ).

Doug Holloway

« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2011, 10:10:08 pm »
Hi Guys

It's pretty obvious from the a couple of posts that people have no concept of the difference between a TM and a porty.

I would seriously suggest that those using a porty ask for on the job demo from a TM CC, it is very different.

I was a porty user  for over 20 years and had the same negative ideas.

Cheers

Doug

p.s
If anyone local wants to come out with me I would be more than happy to oblige.

Joe H

« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2011, 10:36:25 pm »

Well, it was a long minute............ in fact virtually 1440 minutes (24 hours)

True to form I really only comment about something I know about.

Not seen or used the Jaguar so cannot really comment - except to say that I respect the engineers behind the machine.

I have commented a lot in the past about Scorpion because I am am owner a Scorpion for the last 3 years. - its now 6 years old, still working strong with only 2 new vac motors and 1 new pump in that time - how does that match up to some of you users with 2 vac machines of whatever make and age that always seem to be repairing them every 5 minutes yet comment how ugly the Scorpion looks. Get real.

« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2011, 10:40:11 pm »
Doug, so say for arguments sake, you had two jobs booked in for an elderley persons residence which I have done today, parking was poor, you could lets say get approx 25 metres from the entrance, the 1st floor flat was at the rear of the building the ground floor was also at the rear, and your only option was to run your hose's right through the building from your van. I myself even if I had a tm, would use a portable and take it up the stairs or as they always have a lift use that, with the tm apart from h and s issues you would need to extract using at least 150 - 160 metres of hose, I used a 7.5 metre hose and 100psi the carpets were clean and touch dry when I had packed up. I am sure if a tm'er had arrived today and ran hoses right through the building the manager of the home would have sent them packing. I have a flymo and I have a petrol lawnmower, I know which is best, the petrol one everytime, but mowing lawns isnt always the same as cleaning carpets and upholstery.

« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2011, 10:50:25 pm »

Well, it was a long minute............ in fact virtually 1440 minutes (24 hours)

True to form I really only comment about something I know about.

Not seen or used the Jaguar so cannot really comment - except to say that I respect the engineers behind the machine.

I have commented a lot in the past about Scorpion because I am am owner a Scorpion for the last 3 years. - its now 6 years old, still working strong with only 2 new vac motors and 1 new pump in that time - how does that match up to some of you users with 2 vac machines of whatever make and age that always seem to be repairing them every 5 minutes yet comment how ugly the Scorpion looks. Get real.

Joe,

Also very pleased with my extracta exel, bought new around 18 months ago, never had one problem with it.  Also got a numatic ctd 902 that is 7 years old and has had alot of use, its been on my van for every winter since I bought it, never spent one penny on it, it still works as it did when it was new.

« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2011, 11:11:11 pm »
I am am owner a Scorpion for the last 3 years. - its now 6 years old, still working strong with only 2 new vac motors and 1 new pump in that time

Had a scorpian about 5 years, in that time only thing is one vac motor.
Ugly.....possibly but the basis of any machine is clean bucket and waste bucket ;D if that is what you want to call them. No it doesn't have flashy mouldings but as it stays strapped into the van 99 jobs out a hundred the customer doesn't see it anyway.
Constant filling up....not really as I have got an auto feed from a 250L fresh tank.
Cold water.....no, a 3kw heater element sorts that out for starters.

Now would I prefere a TM? Yes but I can't see how the cost justifies the work. If you're flat out constantly with a porty then yes a TM would help you work quicker, but if you're not flat out then how do you justify £15k (if you want new, reliability, service guarentee).

Matt Lindus

« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2011, 11:34:05 pm »
You need to keep your setup simple, and charge more for doing less.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2011, 07:59:03 am »
Matt as always you are in front of everyone but to get the hourly or daily rate of a TM you would need to increase prices significantly or add personnel to the equation and if you don't like extra cost then a helper is out and most cleaners complain that they can't reach the high prices as sometimes stated- chicken and egg scenario really.

Shaun

clarkson

« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2011, 08:45:44 am »
Doug, so say for arguments sake, you had two jobs booked in for an elderley persons residence which I have done today, parking was poor, you could lets say get approx 25 metres from the entrance, the 1st floor flat was at the rear of the building the ground floor was also at the rear, and your only option was to run your hose's right through the building from your van. I myself even if I had a tm, would use a portable and take it up the stairs or as they always have a lift use that, with the tm apart from h and s issues you would need to extract using at least 150 - 160 metres of hose, I used a 7.5 metre hose and 100psi the carpets were clean and touch dry when I had packed up. I am sure if a tm'er had arrived today and ran hoses right through the building the manager of the home would have sent them packing. I have a flymo and I have a petrol lawnmower, I know which is best, the petrol one everytime, but mowing lawns isnt always the same as cleaning carpets and upholstery.

hi
this is my reasoning as well. it doesnt matter how superb carlos fandago tms  are at cleaning carpets. you have to be within 200m of the property. i window clean as well, we have a 650 wfp on a vivaro, with a 100meter of 8mm microbore. we also carry a 36litre trolley and a 18litre backpack. ever increasingly we get the trolley of to do the backs it just is quicker than reeling hoses out.

Do i believe tms clean carpets better and quicker than portys  from all the comments they obviously do, you tms are all singing the same song about the advantages. however i do think if you have a porty you can do anything. thats despite being a tenth of the price.

john

ps does anyone actually own a jaguar who could comment(see first post) :)

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2011, 09:16:39 am »
John,
however i do think if you have a porty you can do anything.
I think the complete opposite is the case. A TM allows you to do almost any job and any size of job quickly and efficiently and that is where you get the return on your investment, which by-the-way is peanuts in comparison to a TM's ability to earn money.

Happy Mondays,
Do you have a name? >:(
Most TM'ers own a porty and would use it in the situation you describe. On the other hand there are a thousand other scenarios where the TM will out perform, out clean and out earn any portable system. In marketing terms it helps you to stand out of the crowd and that in itself is worth a good few grand a year and let's you dominate the market in your area, if you know what you're doing that is.

Simon ;)

Colin Day

« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2011, 10:07:11 am »
What are the negatives of a TM, from a TM users point of view ???

I'm just interested to know!

tomsy

« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2011, 10:28:30 am »
Colin, the negative is that they HAVE to be more productive so they can afford a holiday in Cornwall........ ;D ;D ;D
trev

John Kelly

« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2011, 10:59:30 am »
Negatives of a truckmount, having to clean the waste tank out, fuel costs, stopping it freezing in winter.
Main postives easier and faster to use.
As with most machinery the more you pay the easier and faster you can do the job. Doesn't mean its a better job, although to be fair I would say the flushing action of a truckmount must remove more dirt.
Nobody cleaning a carpet removes all the dirt, doesn't matter what size machine you have.
You only have to submerge clean a rug to understand this. Sometimes takes 10-15 minutes with a hose pipe before the water runs clear.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2011, 01:11:02 pm »
The negatives are so few that the benefits in sheer volume of work and therefore earning potential out weigh them a thousand fold.

Simon 8)

Colin Day

« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2011, 01:26:33 pm »
Colin, the negative is that they HAVE to be more productive so they can afford a holiday in Cornwall........ ;D ;D ;D
trev

;D

Actually, my biggest concern is how much would my water bill be! We pay the largest amount in the country and I'm on a water meter. I suppose I could use a neighbour's outside tap ;D I was paying £115 a month for my water when I kept 2 biggish fish tanks and made my own RO. I've got it down to £70 per month at the moment!

clarkson

« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2011, 02:13:06 pm »
John,
I think the complete opposite is the case. A TM allows you to do almost any job and any size of job quickly and efficiently and that is where you get the return on your investment, which by-the-way is peanuts in comparison to a TM's ability to earn money.

hi
i have a job in  an office on the fifth floor of a very tall building on  a busy dual carrigeway, double yellow lines no parking under any circumstances. how you going to do that then?

cheers

john

John Kelly

« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2011, 02:37:39 pm »
Get the bonnets out ;D

clinton

« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2011, 03:17:58 pm »
John ;D and an old 50 quid rotary :D

gwrightson

« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2011, 06:58:14 pm »

I have a porty and and the last time I used it was around 4 yrs ago, infact if the situation arose where i would need the porty i would simply turn the work down, i just could not be arsed to have all the hassle of setting up fpr 1 job. as for offices on the  200th floor .......... encap ,simples ;)

Geoff

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #59 on: July 02, 2011, 09:33:34 pm »
Colin the cost of the water is prohibitive, if the water bill goes up £30 you'll probably earn you another £2-3 k a month.

Shaun

CARPET KNIGHTS

« Reply #60 on: July 02, 2011, 10:54:37 pm »
negatives

need a big van with at least 1800kg capacity
extra strain on van suspension, breaks and over mechanical parts
van needs tyres replaced more often and they are more expensive
higher fuel costs not only for the tm but for the van carrying extra weight
tm parts are super expensive as already discussed in another topic
Dog/cat poop on hoses
high water usage from home
Noisy
if the van breaks down your shut
if the tm breaks down your shut
if you can't park at or on the same side of the road of the property you can't do the job

the list could just go on and on.

I run two vans one tm and one porty, the tm is obviously quicker but not by as much as everybody is saying.

Don't get me wrong i love my TM but many people just don't want one for whatever reason and the Jaguar is an excellent machine for those that want to go porty.

Cheers Goron

Colin Day

« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2011, 07:36:59 am »
Goron...

You had me at cat/dog poop ;D

Cheers, Col...

dek

« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2011, 08:24:27 am »
So much for the TM/Porty debate which could go on for ever.But in reference to the original question does any one own a Jaguar and just how good are they?

cheers
Derrick.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2011, 10:22:52 am »
from what i can gather and hopefully someone will correct me if Im wrong but not a lot( if any) have been sold, no one has come forward to say they are an owner...... but not everyone frequents this forum.

some might have been put out on loan to evaluate them which would be a good idea

lots of people have said how good they are and how they will  buy one in the future.... but words are cheap when you are not actually putting your hand in your pocket.

we can all speculate about it with opinions for & against but the only real judge is the carpet cleaner who have the cash ready and are in the market to buy a replacement portable. I say replacement portable because all this hype about any new machine is to lure in the new starter who will believe anything that is said to them.

an experienced C/C will see the hype for what it is.

Dennis

« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2011, 10:33:40 am »

Colin Day

« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2011, 11:25:31 am »
So much for the TM/Porty debate which could go on for ever.But in reference to the original question does any one own a Jaguar and just how good are they?

cheers
Derrick.

You'll find that there are a few people who have bought it and are in receipt of the "Beast of Bodmin" and have given it a write up on the other channel. I haven't actually used it as such, but I have had the pleasure of putting my hand over the 2" vacuum inlet while it is switched on. I appreciate that this is the equivalent of tyre kicking, but it did seem very powerful... ;D

I guess the guys who frequent the other forum could be seen to be biased in their opinions, but I find that they don't mind speaking their minds if there is something they aren't happy with, which I know Nick always addresses with swift and lively action.

I should hopefully be running one from the van at the end of the month, I might even start advertising the fact that I run a "van mounted" system ;D

Doug Holloway

« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2011, 12:09:03 pm »
Hi Guys

Is it correct that the Jaguar is replacing the Scorpian and if so is it better?

Cheers

Doug

Darren O

« Reply #67 on: July 03, 2011, 12:45:43 pm »
is it true they got shot of the 3 vacs so they could fit a preasure gauge

Colin Day

« Reply #68 on: July 03, 2011, 01:11:53 pm »
Hi Guys

Is it correct that the Jaguar is replacing the Scorpian and if so is it better?

Cheers

Doug

I haven't heard anyone say that it's better than the Scorp yet, but I read someone measured it up against their other triple vac (of which I'm not at liberty to name) and the Jag was a lot more powerful in their opinion...

john martin

« Reply #69 on: July 03, 2011, 01:41:54 pm »
"I haven't heard anyone say that it's better than the Scorp yet, but I read someone measured it up against their other triple vac (of which I'm not at liberty to name) and the Jag was a lot more powerful in their opinion..."

They're 'opinion' means nothing ... without testing with gauges and providing data .

The 6.6 motor has the same or less output than a higher watt three stage ...

It is not as powerfull as a scorpion ...

If the triplevac has three high watt three stages  , it is more powerfull .

Which is' better' is subjective ...

Colin Day

« Reply #70 on: July 03, 2011, 01:52:20 pm »
"I haven't heard anyone say that it's better than the Scorp yet, but I read someone measured it up against their other triple vac (of which I'm not at liberty to name) and the Jag was a lot more powerful in their opinion..."

They're 'opinion' means nothing ... without testing with gauges and providing data .

The 6.6 motor has the same or less output than a higher watt three stage ...

It is not as powerfull as a scorpion ...

If the triplevac has three high watt three stages  , it is more powerfull .

Which is' better' is subjective ...

I thought that someone wanted to know what someone's opinion of the Jag were and I have relayed what I have read. They did not test the Jaguar against the Scorpion, but another triple vac... Someone else suggested that they now need a glide due to the lock down of the wand. Again, this isn't MY opinion, it's what someone else has found by using the New Jag....

Billy Russell

« Reply #71 on: July 03, 2011, 02:39:59 pm »
It was the airflex turbo it was tested againest!!! I kow the guy that tested it and he disliked the scorpion thats why he had a airflex! so he's not biased what so ever, if he didn't like it he would say, he told me it seems very powerful compared to the airflex, but like i said in an earlier post, lets give it a few months to establish any reliability issues, because i can remeber on here and other places where the airflex was slated because it was new and not proven and the scorpion had been out a long time and was proven blah blah blah Same as the Jag it's not proven, it seems good right now but still needs time on the market to prove its self, I've owned a scorpion and sold it after 4months for £1500, i just didn't like it, but others rave about them, same with anything really you need to see it in the field in a real working situation before you can really evaluate it!

john martin

« Reply #72 on: July 03, 2011, 02:43:57 pm »
Yes ,but vague statements just add to the confusion out there ...
Why not name the triple vac ...  Is it the alltec ?   If you name it , folk can look up the machine spec and deduce why it would be more or less powerfull .

If its some old two stage triple vac , it may not be as powerfull .
If it is the new alltec with three parellel three stages(comparable to the scorpion ) then it is not as powerfull .

Colin Day

« Reply #73 on: July 03, 2011, 02:47:58 pm »
Yes ,but vague statements just add to the confusion out there ...
Why not name the triple vac ...  Is it the alltec ?   If you name it , folk can look up the machine spec and deduce why it would be more or less powerfull .

If its some old two stage triple vac , it may not be as powerfull .
If it is the new alltec with three parellel three stages(comparable to the scorpion ) then it is not as powerfull .

Could you possibly elaborate on your findings? I am genuinely interested :)

By the way, I can't say on here as I don't want to upset anyone. Please email me and I'll tell you John :)

john martin

« Reply #74 on: July 03, 2011, 02:58:11 pm »

"Could you possibly elaborate on your findings? I am genuinely interested Smiley"

I would be delighted to ....

But i will be repeating myself and boring lots of folk in the process :)

The cross american website states that the CFM for scorpion is 326  ... Jag is 298
 The water lift is no greater for the 6.6 as a high watt three stage ...

Here is a video of some one using gauges etc to test the two  jag motors against two ( shall we call then alltec )  ametec 5.7 three stages .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KKAzll_-NA

Colin Day

« Reply #75 on: July 03, 2011, 03:04:10 pm »
Yes, but even that video is questionable. What it needs is a test to be carried out with total impartiality.

As you may or may not know, these new motors cannot be accurately measured like the old type, because you cannot measure vacuum lift and airflow at the same time!!!

And because the new ones are far more balanced in this respect, they are deemed more powerful!

john martin

« Reply #76 on: July 03, 2011, 03:13:52 pm »
Well at least your getting specific now ...
But can you at least post a link to data supporting your theory ...
Or link to a discussion where the point you make is discussed ..

If not ... it sound like the same ol vagueness ....

Mike Halliday

« Reply #77 on: July 03, 2011, 04:03:42 pm »

it would shut up all the non believers if a link was put up to the lamb/amtech website showing the vac motors and the official performance figures. but using make fanciful, believe names like Ultra-Tech Wind Tunnel Vac Motors just fuels the scepticism,

Colin Day

« Reply #78 on: July 03, 2011, 04:11:02 pm »
John, the best I can do try the machine out and tell you of my findings, I currently run an Altec Triple Vac which I am more than pleased with. But I will be in a position to try the Jag and my Alltec side by side at the end of this month. If I knew who you were or what you were about, I could maybe be bothered to research further than I have, but for all we know, you could be Tosh in disguise.... ;D

Colin Day

« Reply #79 on: July 03, 2011, 04:29:00 pm »

it would shut up all the non believers if a link was put up to the lamb/amtech website showing the vac motors and the official performance figures. but using make fanciful, believe names like Ultra-Tech Wind Tunnel Vac Motors just fuels the scepticism,

I think it's a case of "Time will tell!"

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #80 on: July 03, 2011, 04:35:29 pm »
It's an extraction machine - it squirts and sucks !

Anyone would think the wheel had just been invented  ::)

richy27

« Reply #81 on: July 03, 2011, 05:38:49 pm »
makes me chukle all the big words all the companys use     bi bore, ultra tech, makes me wonder that most companies aim there marketting at the new bys as in this climate there seems to be a lot starting off and its attracts them. as steve says not re inventing the wheel squirts sucks in a diff package sure to be improvements.

when i was younger feeling old today i was attracted by fancy marketting flashing lights like spearmint rhino like most entered there too with notes in my pocket and and ended up with dissapointment and an empty wallet   so i grew up bought a tm and got married and have a few more quid now

Colin Day

« Reply #82 on: July 03, 2011, 05:51:26 pm »
Happy Birthday Rich... If you're talking the way your typing, your pretty sozzled mate.... ;D

richy27

« Reply #83 on: July 03, 2011, 05:58:13 pm »
rick steins was pretty good mate

Colin Day

« Reply #84 on: July 03, 2011, 06:02:26 pm »
I've only ever had fish and chips from his plaice... ;D Did you see what I did there...?

richy27

« Reply #85 on: July 03, 2011, 06:08:44 pm »
never been to padstow before went to his seafood restaurant and was very nice  3 course lunch menu £37 good value for the quality . why what you do colin cleaned his ovens by any chance

clarkson

« Reply #86 on: July 03, 2011, 06:16:09 pm »
  www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hydramaster-Spitfire-Truckmount-Carpet-Cleaning-Machine-    /140570826813#ht_886wt_1141

Hi

Thanks for that but wouldnt i have to buy a dedicated van for that. with a porty i can use one of the window cleaning vans as we do now.

cheers

john

Colin Day

« Reply #87 on: July 03, 2011, 06:28:24 pm »
never been to padstow before went to his seafood restaurant and was very nice  3 course lunch menu £37 good value for the quality . why what you do colin cleaned his ovens by any chance

No, we happened to be in Cornwall on Holiday about in 2002 or 3 and went to Rick Stein's Chippy the night it opened.
They opened one in Falmouth last year and I went. I sent an email complaining about the poor service I got in there, but still haven't heard from Rick >:(

The Fish and Chips are good though...

When I was there they were not open

Colin Day

« Reply #88 on: July 03, 2011, 08:59:33 pm »
Well at least your getting specific now ...
But can you at least post a link to data supporting your theory ...
Or link to a discussion where the point you make is discussed ..

If not ... it sound like the same ol vagueness ....

Are you a carpet cleaner, John ???

Joe H

« Reply #89 on: July 03, 2011, 09:15:42 pm »
It would appear that the Jaguar is now in the hands of a few new owners (as Colin has already said) and I would think more are being sent out soon.
Initial reports are coming back from these users - experienced cleaners, not newbies, who are respected carpet cleaners, who, mostly, choose not to post on here.
These initial reports suggest it is a very good machine.
No doubt as time goes on more feedback will come through.

« Reply #90 on: July 03, 2011, 10:06:05 pm »
John,

Happy Mondays,
Do you have a name? >:(
Most TM'ers own a porty and would use it in the situation you describe. On the other hand there are a thousand other scenarios where the TM will out perform, out clean and out earn any portable system. In marketing terms it helps you to stand out of the crowd and that in itself is worth a good few grand a year and let's you dominate the market in your area, if you know what you're doing that is.

Simon ;)

Hi Guys

It's pretty obvious from the a couple of posts that people have no concept of the difference between a TM and a porty.

I would seriously suggest that those using a porty ask for on the job demo from a TM CC, it is very different.

I was a porty user  for over 20 years and had the same negative ideas.

Cheers

Doug

p.s
If anyone local wants to come out with me I would be more than happy to oblige.

Of course they are different, no one is saying they are as powerful. like I said doug its just like with lawnmowers, but cleaning isnt like mowing lawns.

Domination of market share in your area isnt down to a truck mount.

A smart appearance, being polite to customers and a nice modern sign written van should be at the top of anyones list to suceed.

Simple fact is a portable is far more versatile than a tm, even if I had one I would still need my ultra reliable extracta exel and a rotary for jobs like I mentioned earlier.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #91 on: July 04, 2011, 08:34:21 am »
Domination of market share in your area isn't down to a truck mount.
Then I would respectfully suggest that you don't know anything about dominating a market. A truck mount is as much a fantastic marketing tool as it it is a fabulous piece of kit. We get phone call after phone call, 'Are you the ones with the big machine in the van?' Rightly or wrongly, customers see a nice shiny machine in your van and your credibility shoots up before you've even done anything. And, that usually provokes all the stories like, 'Crikey, the last guy turned up with a little machine and ...'
Credibility is a huge thing in this business - huge! And standing not with  - but out of the crowd, with something totally different to everyone else gives you a unique selling point and something for your customers to remember you by, 'are you the guy's with the big machine in the van?'
TM's are worth thousands just in the credibility stakes. That said, you can do just as good a job with a portable, it will just take you a lot longer.  :-\

Simple fact is a portable is far more versatile than a tm,   ;D ;D ;D

Simon

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #92 on: July 04, 2011, 11:20:08 am »
If you had Martin Rileys stuff you would know you can do well with a portable,although he did end his CC carrer with a Truckmount

Colin Day

« Reply #93 on: July 04, 2011, 12:37:22 pm »
Like Joe said "Initial reports are coming back from these users - experienced cleaners, not newbies, who are respected carpet cleaners, who, mostly, choose not to post on here.
These initial reports suggest it is a very good machine."

These respected and very successful people use a porty, so a TM isn't necessarily "THE" gateway to a successful carpet cleaning business. 

D Ingram

« Reply #94 on: July 04, 2011, 01:52:22 pm »
Colin you’re quite right the skill is in the hands of the user and as your say it’s the first impression the client has when meeting you no matter what machinery you run.
The secret to success in any business is the marketing and any recommends that come from the service you have provided is down to the skills you posses.
Having started my business both in Newbury Berks and again in Wolverhampton having a truckmount did not make a blind bit of difference !

It’s MARKETING that got the phone to ring all the truckmount did was make the work easer. Saying this I do pad a lot more carpets now than I ever did, but that’s another story.

The only time size matters is in the porn industry and all the big guy's get the work :(
Dave Ingram

Joe H

« Reply #95 on: July 04, 2011, 06:42:19 pm »
I have gone from a truckmount back to a portable as my main machine and can defiantly say I have not lost jobs because I no longer have a truckmount.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #96 on: July 04, 2011, 06:54:34 pm »
Joe,

I thought you'd retired. Is your back better now?

Simon

Joe H

« Reply #97 on: July 04, 2011, 06:59:32 pm »
I was'nt retiring at all.
Just slowing down a bit because of the trapped nerve in the back (that was'nt affecting the back) causing pain in left arm.
Its settled down a lot now, just odd twinges.

but retained my old customers and still get referrals, despite using a porty.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #98 on: July 04, 2011, 07:23:36 pm »
Dave is right in much of what he says, but I disagree that the TM doesn't get the phone ringing, it most certainly does. The majority of new customers, or should I say the ones that comment, say they chose us because of the TM, but there again we do push the TM aspect a lot in our market, others don't.

Simon

derek west

« Reply #99 on: July 04, 2011, 07:29:40 pm »
i get 1 or 2 a month insisting they only want a truckmount cleaner, so i wouldn't say a truckmount gets customers, exploiting the fact you have a truckmount gets customers. but thats no different to exploiting your bonnet method leaves carpets dryer of dry granules means no disruption etc... you exploit your own USP to your advantage.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #100 on: July 04, 2011, 07:32:37 pm »
Joe,
But when you're dealing with existing customers, as you are, they are buying you, not a system, because they know and trust you. It's a different ball game when dealing with new potential customers, many of whom are looking for something better than what they had last time around and that is where the Truck Mounted System appears more attractive to them, becuae, rightly or wrongly, they believe that such a big machine must do a better job.

Simon

Glynn

« Reply #101 on: July 04, 2011, 07:37:41 pm »
Colin you’re quite right the skill is in the hands of the user and as your say it’s the first impression the client has when meeting you no matter what machinery you run.
The secret to success in any business is the marketing and any recommends that come from the service you have provided is down to the skills you posses.
Having started my business both in Newbury Berks and again in Wolverhampton having a truckmount did not make a blind bit of difference !

It’s MARKETING that got the phone to ring all the truckmount did was make the work easer. Saying this I do pad a lot more carpets now than I ever did, but that’s another story.

The only time size matters is in the porn industry and all the big guy's get the work :(

A truckmount DOES generate a lot of potential new customers.
And good old fashioned business methods combined with top quality service that keep them coming back to you time and again.

Regards
Glynn

Nigel_W

« Reply #102 on: July 04, 2011, 07:54:55 pm »
I think people buy from people they like, respect and have confidence in.

Which machine is used to produce a result is a secondary matter in my opinion. It helps having a truckmount because it makes the job easier and it does impress some people once they have seen it in action. Many others couldn't care less :o

This business is first and foremost about people skills -  not machines, chemicals, cleaning systems, advertising etc.

Nigel

www.designcare.co.uk

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #103 on: July 04, 2011, 07:55:35 pm »
Derek you are spot on with your comments, if you focus your customers on the USP then they tell their friends about you and your unique cleaning features, birds of a feather flock together and if one person from that demographic likes your style of service then you can guarantee the others in that demographic will.

Shaun

« Reply #104 on: July 04, 2011, 08:10:34 pm »
I think people buy from people they like, respect and have confidence in.

Which machine is used to produce a result is a secondary matter in my opinion. It helps having a truckmount because it makes the job easier and it does impress some people once they have seen it in action. Many others couldn't care less :o

This business is first and foremost about people skills -  not machines, chemicals, cleaning systems, advertising etc.

Nigel

www.designcare.co.uk

Well said - if you can't deal with people and offer exceptional service then you have no chance, in any service industry.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #105 on: July 04, 2011, 08:40:11 pm »
'Well said - if you can't deal with people and offer exceptional service then you have no chance, in any service industry.'

I think that pretty much goes without saying, doesn't it?
Simon

« Reply #106 on: July 04, 2011, 09:05:12 pm »
I have gone from a truckmount back to a portable as my main machine and can defiantly say I have not lost jobs because I no longer have a truckmount.

Thats prob because you only do 3 jobs a week, if your lucky. ;D

It does not really matter what you clean with, as said above, its about how you market and run your business. ::)

Common wakey wakey

« Reply #107 on: July 04, 2011, 09:19:49 pm »
'Well said - if you can't deal with people and offer exceptional service then you have no chance, in any service industry.'

I think that pretty much goes without saying, doesn't it?
Simon

What I mean by that is, for example, both sides of my family are full of tradesmen - builders, master carpenters, plumbers. Most of them are experts in their trades with years of experience but I cringe when I hear them speaking to clients or prospects - no people skills whatsoever and particularly when they speak to women clients. It beggars belief that they get any work at all.

Meet, Like, Know, Trust - the key to any healthy working relationship.

derek west

« Reply #108 on: July 04, 2011, 09:38:32 pm »
as far as i'm concerned, the jaguar makes the grade for becoming tacca registered. so it'll do for me tommy ;D

Billy Russell

« Reply #109 on: July 04, 2011, 09:42:49 pm »
as far as i'm concerned, the jaguar makes the grade for becoming tacca registered. so it'll do for me tommy ;D

You Likkle Liar!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

derek west

« Reply #110 on: July 04, 2011, 09:44:39 pm »
its just them pheonix's that just aren't quite powerful enough to make the grade ;D

Billy Russell

« Reply #111 on: July 04, 2011, 09:46:47 pm »
Don't be like that!!!!! Just because Dave said mines got more suck than yours!!!!!!!  ;D

« Reply #112 on: July 04, 2011, 10:17:24 pm »
Although Doug has yet to agree  :-\

Simon,

I am glad you agree that a portable is more versatile than a truckmount, because it is. I dont know if it is just me and the area I work in, but I have yet another job tomorrow and another on Thursday that has parking issues where a tm couldnt do it. So even if I had one, I would still have to use a portable.

As has already been said, its you they buy off and not what you use to clean with. Its very easy for a business to try and justify to others the amount of £'s spent on such a great fast system, when really a £2k portable will actually give a better return on investment for most businesses, the best thing for return on investment I have ever made was a £400 rotary eight years ago.    

derek west

« Reply #113 on: July 04, 2011, 10:22:07 pm »
Don't be like that!!!!! Just because Dave said mines got more suck than yours!!!!!!!  ;D

gutted :'( :'( :'( ;D

Joe H

« Reply #114 on: July 04, 2011, 10:24:18 pm »

In recent months I have done 3 jobs a day and 3 jobs a week.

What YOU dont know is what was the job price when I did  the 3 jobs a week.   ;)

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #115 on: July 04, 2011, 10:36:31 pm »

What YOU dont know is what was the job price when I did  the 3 jobs a week.   ;)

No wonder your super-duper pump lasts for years  :P

D Ingram

« Reply #116 on: July 05, 2011, 12:23:54 am »
Colin £400 for a rotary, that's a bit steep ever Simon would'nt pay that much.
The one I used on Saturday at the workshop with the guy's cost me £35 off flea bay last year and by now it must have earn't me over £10,000 with the help of SPM and encap.
Dave Ingram

Joe H

« Reply #117 on: July 05, 2011, 07:46:48 am »

No wonder your super-duper pump lasts for years  :P

but what YOU dont know is how many times I have done 3 jobs a day or 3 jobs a week, nor how long the jobs are.

All you are doing carpetdawg (or whoever) is highlight WHY so many really good carpet cleaners choose NOT to use CIU, which is a shame as they have so much to offer.

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #118 on: July 05, 2011, 09:51:12 pm »
Or maybe they are tired of YOU banging on about Solutions every other post!!!  :-*

Bob Robertson

« Reply #119 on: July 05, 2011, 10:24:50 pm »
Now now, put the hand bags away ladies. ;D

« Reply #120 on: July 05, 2011, 10:36:40 pm »
Colin £400 for a rotary, that's a bit steep ever Simon would'nt pay that much.
The one I used on Saturday at the workshop with the guy's cost me £35 off flea bay last year and by now it must have earn't me over £10,000 with the help of SPM and encap.

Hi Dave, well done, 10k is that all  :) no its not "Colin" that paid £400 for a new rotary 8 years ago it was me, it was very much the same as JK's package at the time but aimed at hard floor cleaning, and it has earnt me for a "return on investment" much much more than any truckmount could ever do, this is my point on the thread and nothing else, just trying to make others see that you dont have to spend many thousands of £'s to make money in the cleaning industry.  

Btw, my youngest daughter who is just 14 years old earns more than the 10k each year doing a few hrs a week putting stamps on envelopes for us  ;)

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #121 on: July 06, 2011, 07:52:40 pm »
Or maybe they are tired of YOU banging on about Solutions every other post!!!  :-*

That's a bit uncalled for Carpet Dawg, whoever you are

« Reply #122 on: July 06, 2011, 08:40:40 pm »

Hmm .... He has got a point though Simon. I thought Joe had shares in the company. :-\

derek west

« Reply #123 on: July 06, 2011, 08:55:35 pm »
so he likes solutions and therefore reccomends them and there products, does anyone find solutions rubbish?

do joes posts actually physically hurt anyone, does anyone find joes posts offensive.

give the guy a break FFS.

joes been around the block a few times and has a lot to offer. you don't have to take his advice.

i don't when it comes to solutions, but i don't diss it either.

got a lot of respect for joe, he's one of the nice guys. show some respect.

« Reply #124 on: July 06, 2011, 09:02:48 pm »
So its ok for Joe to diss any one else ,but we can't say anything against the old codger.

Naa

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #125 on: July 06, 2011, 09:07:32 pm »

So its ok for Joe to diss any one else ,but we can't say anything against the old codger.
[/]
No need for that. Joe is a highly respected member of the carpet cleaning community and doesn't deserve to be spoken about in that tone.
Simon

derek west

« Reply #126 on: July 06, 2011, 10:01:58 pm »
when has joe dissed anyone without being provoked first?

richy27

« Reply #127 on: July 06, 2011, 10:08:52 pm »
this thread is getting a bit  catty  if you will pardon the pun   ;D

clarkson

« Reply #128 on: July 06, 2011, 10:15:01 pm »

Hi
 this is my post an anyone going to say stupid comments like this can you please get off it.

Friendly banter is one thing, out and out slagging another.

Joe has been helpful to me several times whilst i have been reviewing and upgrading my cc set up.

I particularly like when he vouches for someone in the classifieds as this helps you make a decision on a deal.

if you havnt got anything constructive to say dont bother saying anything.

john

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #129 on: July 07, 2011, 01:12:52 am »
This post is now locked.

I would just like to remind you that you should be polite at all time.

Joe  is a good chap and is loyal.

Solutions are a Good Company  along with many other suppliers.

If you have the money to buy you look at the entire market place and ask questions then make a purchasing decision.