Jadecleaning

Allergy- stop
« on: June 01, 2005, 06:45:19 pm »
After all the hype this seems to have died a death
Is it going to be a one hit wonder or a global phenomenon!!!!!
I have just recieved the latest cleaning magazine and it did not get a mention!!!!!
Any input would be greatly appreciated

Darren

P.S... Nick from solutions need not reply as he is a tad biased ;D ;D

gwrightson

Re: Allergy- stop
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2005, 06:53:48 pm »
and so is everbody else using it , surly
 geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Jadecleaning

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2005, 06:59:39 pm »
but is it any good????

CARPET KNIGHTS

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2005, 07:18:40 pm »
hi Darren

My company is still very much in its infancy. Work has been slow but steady, and up until recently i was still working full time in my previous job. Recently meaning 2 - 3 weeks ago. I am now Allerg-STOP licensed and am now winning more jobs as a result of it and it put me into a position to quit my job and go ccing full time. Just by explaining to the customer what the product is and does on most occasions wins the job. I delivered 700 leaflets last weekend explaining allergstop and had 3 enquiries and got all jobs. Almost every call i have had from my yell pages ad has been converted into a job as a result of this product.

But then i'm biased, aren't i?

CARPET KNIGHTS

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2005, 07:23:59 pm »
sorry just one more thing

The custys that you clean for always know somebody who can benefit from this and nine times out of ten will always ask for some cards or some leaflets that they can pass on. anybody can find a half decent carpet cleaner but how many people can say they know somebody who can offer a product that elliminates all air allergens

cheers Goron

williamx

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2005, 07:54:27 pm »
What is Allergy-stop??

John_Flynn

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2005, 08:08:35 pm »
Carpet Knight have you always gone out to see the customer or priced over the phone??
I get better looking each day!!

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2005, 08:09:31 pm »
Allerg-STOP is a product that can help stop an allergic reaction by eliminating allergens  ::)

Biased or not, I have a son of 7 who has not used his inhaler since i cleaned carpets and sofas in my house with the product. It's a shame other people are catching onto it and i can't keep the stuff for my own use.
I suffer from mild hayfever and have noticed the difference since i cleaned my mattresses and used room spray, even sprayed into the van at the weekend and it feels like driving with the windows open breathing in fresh air.

You are unlikely to get an unbiased opinion on this thread as you either use the product or abuse it  :o
Allerg-STOP is fast becoming the 'marmite' of cleaning products, the difference being that the abusers have not tried it and felt the benefit.  ;)

garyj

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2005, 08:13:19 pm »
700 Leaflets & THREE jobs  :o :o :o

Are they your leaflets you've done yourself or part of the Allerg-Stop package? This seems like a poor return for such a service, I would have thought with the added health benefits  the the response would be much better than this.

williamx

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2005, 08:16:22 pm »
Where can I find more details??

paul@ctcs

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2005, 08:17:01 pm »
Allerg-stop has a huge future, I have a commercial customer who potentially will require CTCS to clean 20+ large rugs using allerg-stop a week every week, at 55p per square foot :)
Another Allerg-stop domestic customer today too ;D ;D

Paul

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2005, 08:18:01 pm »
Still not put out my leaflets yet as not had the time.
I understand some people leaflet 10,000 and only get 10 jobs, so i fancy the added benefits are upping the average in this case  8)

I have small website that will give you plenty of info, still not finished yet as a bit of a pc novice :-[

garyj

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2005, 08:23:23 pm »
Oooo, Chris with spin like that you could work for Mr Blair.

I am interested in Allerg-Stop, use Solutions and have spoken to Nick recently. But 3 jobs out of 700 is still poor, surely you are all expecting much higher than that, because if you're not, you should be. Thats why I asked about the source of the leaflets.

CARPET KNIGHTS

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2005, 08:30:36 pm »
sometimes i visit and sometimes i don't. really depends on the job. ie size and journey time etc.

Garyj

I think that you will find that this return is actually quite good! Most carpet cleaners reckon that they get a return of 0.01% that is 1 in a 1000 so by my calculations my leaflets at 0.04% 4 in a thousand is 4 times as good. And leaflets were only delivered this weekend gone. If you are getting a better return on your leaflets then i would like to see that leaflet as i am sure everybody else would. or are you going to take the sherlock stance on this one and keep them under lock and key?

Williamx

Also got info on my site and online shop so you can see what products are available.

Cheers Goron

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2005, 08:33:05 pm »
Nick sampled a leaflet that we could adapt to our needs. I have never leafletted before and watch posts on the subject.
0.01% seems to be the norm but the Allerg-STOP leaflet seems to have been a bit more successful. Not that into maths to work out that percentage rate  :-X
Sent out 16 info packs recently following small article and advert in my local paper. Have 4 jobs already booked in and 2 quotes to carry out next week.........they are odds that i can live with  ;)

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2005, 08:33:49 pm »
OOOOOPS Goron already beat me to it  :-[

HolmansUKLTD

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2005, 08:36:48 pm »
You are unlikely to get an unbiased opinion on this thread as you either use the product or abuse it  :o
Allerg-STOP is fast becoming the 'marmite' of cleaning products, the difference being that the abusers have not tried it and felt the benefit.  ;)

Dont agree with that Chris ::)  you know im not an abuser i ask you questions on alerg stop on a daily basis i think some people like myself just want to see how it pans out and dip their toes in the water by asking questions to users like yourself before commiting :D

Some of us are not as corageous as others :'(

And anyway i like marmite ;)
NIck
Surreys No1 Carpet & Upholstery cleaner
Surreys No1 Dart player
IICRC water restoration Technician

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2005, 08:40:23 pm »
quite right carpet nights under lock and key. cause you are happy with 1%. all the more work for people like me. i get 10 in athousend and im not happy with that.just goes to show how negative you are all getting. yours must be a great leaflet, not. perhaps you are all giving out the same one as well. that will really work wont it.youre just joining the numbers. still i hope you do well.
listen,learn.and benefit. try. reward.and love, peace harmony.feng shui. and all that. it improves ones selling .to ones customers.reap THE HARVEST WHILST YOU CAN. and try to crush the opposition.

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2005, 08:42:06 pm »
You ask questions, not make critical statements.
One hell of a difference  :o

I went into the network for 3 reasons:
1. To make money
2. To help my sons asthma
3. Because of Nick's track record with Solutions

Believe it or not, they are in no particular order  :-\

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2005, 08:44:16 pm »
Ron,

Thanks for the well timed perfect example of negativity  ;D

ps. even if our leaflets are similar, we are spread far and wide and not likely to overlap for some time yet.

CARPET KNIGHTS

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2005, 08:44:52 pm »
everybody else has said so i might as well too.

If your leaflet is so good, show us!

or you could show one person who is nowhere near you so that they could try it and report back to everyone whether it is true what you are saying!

HolmansUKLTD

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2005, 08:47:58 pm »
Chris i was going to ask you questions on the leaflets tomorrow ::)

Dont need to now mate ive got most of the info here

Thanks

Nick ;)
Surreys No1 Dart player

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2005, 08:48:43 pm »
Why not carry this out in real time in chat room.
Not got to be at job till pub shuts  :'(

HolmansUKLTD

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2005, 08:49:54 pm »
lets do it alergy boy 8)
Surreys No1 Dart player

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2005, 08:50:37 pm »
chris this is marketing at its best. cleverly the hits are going crazy. and others dont understand that by the fuel thats going on the fire brings that name as on top all the time. this is clever advertising. now if that can be used by a simple topic like this . think how good flyers would get such a reaction,nick will be rubbing his hands .
listen,learn.and benefit. try. reward.and love, peace harmony.feng shui. and all that. it improves ones selling .to ones customers.reap THE HARVEST WHILST YOU CAN. and try to crush the opposition.

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2005, 09:26:57 pm »
half an hour in chat room and no takers aprt from Gorn, Nick H and myself.
Sherlock, that was a flying 1 second visit!!

williamx

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2005, 09:32:29 pm »
How is Allergy-Stop applied to Carpets & upholstery is it via HWE?

Do you have to HWE clean first then apply? If so how?

HolmansUKLTD

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2005, 09:33:19 pm »
i do belive its just the same as using MS
Surreys No1 Dart player

williamx

« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2005, 09:41:35 pm »
MS?

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2005, 09:45:43 pm »
Goron what marketing do you get with A/stop?

Shaun

HolmansUKLTD

« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2005, 09:47:40 pm »
micro splitters
Surreys No1 Dart player

mark_roberts

« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2005, 10:42:09 pm »
I bought a sample of allerg stop a few weeks ago and doing my first job with it next week.  Have only tried to sell it a few times but with no real conviction as I dont really know how it works or if it really does work.

Two questions

1- Any comments back from customers both positive and negitive regarding improvement in breathing

2- due to the cost of the product how much have you increased your prices to cover the cost and make some extra too.  I think Ive got the pricing wrong.

thanks
Mark

Gavin Reardon

« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2005, 10:44:38 pm »
Hi All

Time for my say  ;D

I was on the first course for Aller-STOP, and since then in 5-6 weeks using it I have made a lot of money from it  ;D  ;D  ;D

I order more at least once a week and Im using it as quick as it gets delivered to me.

My next Aller-STOP job is this friday for a customer who has has me back now for the third time since I have used Aller-STOP everytime I go there the job ticket is between £200 - £300.

The customers husband has had serious breathing problems!! in there home  in the morning etc :o :o and the  customer has called me, hoping I can help!! well im am pleased  to tell you all since I have started using Aller-STOP in the home and with the customer using the other products I have sold her i.e room spray, surface cleaner, mattress spray etc, he has not had a problem with his breathing at all and is now leading a much better life,
 ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

COULD SOMEONE PLEASE PUT A PRICE ON THAT FOR ME PLEASE!

I Would like one of the persons on this forum who knock Aller-STOP to come to Cardiff on Friday morning I will pay for your train ticket and pick you up. I will  take you to this job show you how Aller-STOP works, and let you ask my customer her finding on Aller-STOP for yourself :D Then you must in return come one this forum and tell everyone your finding! do I have any takers ??

Comeone Sherlock and anyone else who wants to be made a fool  ;D  ;D

Regards Gavin

Gavin Reardon IICRC / NCCA

www.ace-cleaning.co.uk

therapist

« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2005, 11:03:32 pm »
Are you really saying, that one client has paid out six to nine hundred pounds on this product, or range of products ??????????

If this is the case and they don't live in a castle, what in God's name is going on /

In my, admittedly limited use of allergy control products, an application would be expected to last six to twelve months and not require a monthly top -up .

If I and presumably others, have got the wrong end of the stick, please elaborate, because this may sound like great business to some, but to others it sounds like something else altogether.

r m

« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2005, 11:05:30 pm »
im totally with you therapist .you know

Gavin Reardon

« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2005, 11:06:31 pm »
I invite you both to cardiff to see for yourself

Regards Gavin

www.ace-cleaning.co.uk

williamx

« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2005, 11:10:54 pm »
Gavin

I will take you up on your offer but can't make cardiff for about 2-3 weeks, I no fool but someone who feels that this could be a great new product to earn more money with.

I am quite willing to state the truth about this product on this forum

HolmansUKLTD

« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2005, 11:12:55 pm »
A bottle of deodorizer  £7

A bottle of sanitizer £16

Help a client breathe more easiley and lead a better life £PRICELESS£

Good post Gavin

Nick
Surreys No1 Dart player

Gavin Reardon

« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2005, 11:17:21 pm »
Hi William

Sorry mate 2-3 weeks no good as I won't this to shown to the forum asap

Regards Gavin

www.ace-cleaning.co.uk

darrenlee

« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2005, 01:17:34 am »
hi all

how easy is allergy-stop to apply and use, to get good results.
is it better to be more used to microsplitters, than normal powders and liquids.

as i gather the cleaning part works like microsplitters, or am i wrong.

darren

Doug Holloway

« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2005, 07:35:01 am »
Hi Guys,

As an ex scientist I find all this hype very frustrating and I think it damages the product.

I believe we should have a period of reflection on these allergy products and allow the market to decide.

A load of hype on here is not likely to affect the consumer market  but it is getting boring ;)

If any product is quality ,  this will shine through and customers will start to ask for it , look at the Shawshank Redemption , which became very successful by recommendation.

Is it insecurity on the part of some people who basically say the same thing over and over again , who are they trying to convince , us or themselves?

It would be intersting if samples were sent to members of this board to allow them to try 'objective' tests themselves.

Cheers,

Doug

« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2005, 09:05:13 am »
I suspect, as most reasonable people would, that Gavin has done some items in the house then returned to do other areas or items.
Anyone spending a few hundred pounds may wish to spread that cashflow and do it room by room or floor by floor.
Who now wants to antagonise and say that they should not be using product if they cannot afford it.................... ::)wait for it.

« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2005, 09:08:47 am »
ps. Doug,
Do you not think that we would not have to keep repeating ourselves if the inane questions were not being asked again and again  ;)

Most people accept an example but certain persons answer the examples with a negative and snide comment that needs to be qualified. ................sometimes it's like trying to mime to the blind  :-\

I should not say this but................ one advantage of being in the Network is the forum we use. A group of forward looking carpet cleaners uninterrupted by people too busy looking upwards into a dark place :-X

Gavin Reardon

« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2005, 09:22:26 am »
Hi Chris

That is right the property is to big to do in a day, the customer likes me to do a few rooms, rugs and mattress a day to save her home being turn up side down.  ;D

Doug

If Aller-STOP was getting boring why are so many people pm me and looking at the posts and also posting. Just to let you know the customer I write about come to me from a recommendation from a mother who child is feel much better in the morning, do you know how good it makes me feel when I make a different's in someones life like that!!!

AND I DON'T THINK THAT IS BORING FOR ONE MINUTE  :o  :o

If you what a sample I will send you one £87.00 plus vat for 10L Plus £9.00 delivery, and you can share it out with the rest of Aller-STOP knockers  :D  :D

LET ME KNOW AND I WILL GET IT IN THE POST FOR YOU

Hope this helps  ;)

Gavin

www.ace-cleaning.co.uk

ianharper

« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2005, 09:23:29 am »
doug

what with the "As an ex scientist I find all this hype very frustrating and I think it damages the product. " that sound like you are talking down to us.

"It would be intersting if samples were sent to members of this board to allow them to try 'objective' tests themselves." just ask and you sall recieve. or maybe you have a problem talking to nick?

And I find your comments in another post affensive about women not being able to use heavy machinary. you must have forgot about all the hard work they did in the war and that YOU cant say that any more. Chris got kicked off for comments like that one.

I wonder why you are not getting kicked off or at least made to say sorry. because you have your finger over the delete buttom.  double standards here i think! you get away with your comments and chris get kicked off.

« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2005, 09:30:58 am »
Never been 'kicked off' anything  :o
I made a comment once, on another forum, which caused uproar that only one or two people heard about. I left because of the situation that arose from the fallout.
Doug,
Still cant say naughty things about women or talk down to us allergy boys :P

ianharper

« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2005, 09:35:07 am »
sorry for getting it wrong Chris, thought it was this forum. sorry

« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2005, 09:36:27 am »
Hi All

Doug if you wish to try the product it can be purchased, it has been independantly tested, Any one wishing to try it can order some,

I seem to remember the same negative comments being made when I launched Solution in the UK two years ago. We have invested a considerable amount of money in research and development, our aim is to be at the forefront of technical development and innovation, in the last two years we have secured 1st prize at the European innovation awards for Nano technology protectors, 2 world patents and the introduction of the Eclipse machine to the UK, we have now lifted the bar taking micro-splitting technology to a new level. By all means keep knocking the product, the facts speak for themselves, some people have left the fence and become members of the Allergstop network, not one has regretted there decision. Those who have used the products have already experienced the change in air quality following using the system.

Best regards Nick

CARPET KNIGHTS

« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2005, 09:51:20 am »
Doug

As an ex ENGINEER i am getting very bored with the admins attitude on this forum

If the questions weren't asked, then they would not be answered.

Nearly all threads involving Allerg-STOP have been started by non members and are full of snide remarks from the knockers.

Cheers

« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2005, 10:01:54 am »
Goron,
When we were in the CIU chat room last night, Nick H came up with a great product to deal with such pests.............cant recall the name of it now  :P

You know when you post a reply to an 'allergy based question' you are odds on to get a "YEAH BUT NO BUT" type reply. Maybe it should be renamed ChavItUP :D

CARPET KNIGHTS

« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2005, 10:07:15 am »
morning Chris

Yeah but no but yeah i think that new product would really go places here ::)

Do i look bovard

Do i

do i look bovard

cheers Goron

dave washbrook

« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2005, 04:05:34 pm »
my turn

how many of you knocking this amazing new product have tried it? 

how long did it take for you all to develop your bussiness? more than 2 months i bet, cause thats all the time allerg-STOP has been going.

HOW MANY OF YOU ARE GOING TO MISS OUT?
 HOW MANY WILL HAVE THE GUTS TO COME BACK ON HERE IN A FEW MONTHS AND ADMIT THEY WERE WRONG ABOUT ALLERG-STOP AND OPENLY ADMIT HOW WRONG THEY WERE?

can anyone tell me what it is like on top of mount everest? i carnt knock it because i haven't tried it

moral of story: dont knock something you havent tried,
 BUY SOME AND TRY IT

dave

Gavin Reardon

« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2005, 04:07:45 pm »
WELL SAID DAVE  8)  8)  8)

www.ace-cleaning.co.uk

dave washbrook

« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2005, 04:10:45 pm »
gavin
 please can i have a free day out in cardif although i allready know how good allerg-stop is, sorry carnt make friday to busy making someones life better using the gold stuff

dave

Doug Holloway

« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2005, 04:30:11 pm »
Ian,

What on earth are you talking about?

As a moderator you receives lots of differing pm's some of which back you and some don't , thats fine.
I also receive emails from companies complaining that other companies are pushing their wares, you'd probably be surprised by some of them.

I am trying to ask for a slightly more balanced approach which I believe is part of the moderators function.

There is a wider picture.

Cheers,

Doug

T8769

« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2005, 04:47:47 pm »
I would be very wary of people claiming to help allergies.

I have noticed air filter companies claiming to help allergies, where no assistance can  be gained from filtration. Argos have just had a claim upheld against them by the ASA.

I have noticed other companies claiming to help allergies, where no help is possible.

Many firms claim to have their products independantly tested, this often ends up as asking the secretary what she thinks. Unless a product has been double blind tested on a wide basis, there really is no reason to belive any 'research' although many companies simply fake research.

There are many con men in the industry peddling cures that have no effect.

« Reply #59 on: June 02, 2005, 04:53:44 pm »
Are you with the 'for' or 'against'  :o
Even some people take the time to spell a silly name but numbers.
Then thats why i only drink 1664...........................all i can spell by the end of the evening  ;)

Gavin Reardon

« Reply #60 on: June 02, 2005, 05:40:14 pm »
Hi All

Well 19 hours ago I put a post up inviting any of you knockers of Aller-STOP to Cardiff at my expense, and see the differnce Aller-STOP has made to someones life!, and not ONE of you had the balls to take me up on it SHAME ONE YOU!!  :X
Also you could have seen for yourself the money I am making from it ;D  ;D  ;D

Regards Gavin

www.ace-cleaning.co.uk

Martin Smith

« Reply #61 on: June 02, 2005, 07:38:49 pm »
Hi,
The chap from the Solutions company must be extremely confident in the network members and success of the product, after all if it doesn't work out he stands to lose ALL the sale side of his business.

Remember that the implications for Solutions far out weigh a few lost customers by the network members, with Solution they will lose everything they have worked for in the UK.

Regards
Martin
ChemDry UK

Matt Read

« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2005, 08:00:17 pm »
this thread has actually been dominated by allerg stop users posting,,the questions asked are no more provocative than say a protector question or a micro splitter query, but the reaction to these questions seem a lot more volatile,..does applying the product make u more highly strung ?  ;)
Matt

therapist

« Reply #63 on: June 02, 2005, 08:40:03 pm »
Not sure if you regard me as a knocker Gavin, anyway I have never knocked the product, or the supplier, in fact I've chatted to Nick a couple of times and have an open mind on this product and any other, which might, increase our profitability.

Having been involved in this business for over 20 years, I've always been on the lookout for new ideas, whether in machines, or products and there have been many.

We all make choices, informed, or otherwise, good, or bad, but we won't all make the same choices, no matter the evidence, or the enthusiasm displayed by others.

I honestly have seen very little to get upset about on here including Ron Kings postings, which are usually amusing and frequently typed with tongue firmly in cheek.

Some of you need to RELAX and CALM  DOWN.

Have to collect my daughter, so cheers for now.

Incidentally Gavin, if I were a bit less than  400 miles away I'd be delighted to visit you.....

r m

ianharper

« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2005, 05:59:30 am »
Martin

With all due respect. if Nick lost every bit of other business apart from "the product" then he would still make shed loads of money. this is big.

Allergy show in london next wekk why not come along and see how big? i'll pay

Respect

Gavin Reardon

« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2005, 07:54:59 am »
Hi All

Im There on Friday  8)

Well im off now to my Aller-STOP job to make lots of money and to help inprove someone's quality life  ;D  ;D  ;D

Any last minute takers  ::)   ::)

Did't think so  ;)

Regards Gavin

www.ace-cleaning.co.uk

« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2005, 10:34:29 am »
T8769

Its a pity you make comment on a subject you so obviously know very little if anything about,  the causes of Allergies can either be treated or the symptoms. Medical science cannot clarify the singular triggers which cause allergic reactions because different triggers effect people in  different ways

You should be careful in your statements as some suppliers who do undertake very expensive, provable, independant testing may wish to redress their expense by taking legal issue with your statement.

Best regards Nick

John_Flynn

« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2005, 02:06:51 pm »
Martin

With all due respect. if Nick lost every bit of other business apart from "the product" then he would still make shed loads of money. this is big.

Allergy show in london next wekk why not come along and see how big? i'll pay

Respect

Heyup mate, me, wife and 10 sproggs comming to show when tha gooin to send some wad??

Comfort Sector

« Reply #68 on: June 03, 2005, 07:10:06 pm »
T8769
In reply to your post

(I would be very wary of people claiming to help allergies.)

I am the proprietor of an Indoor Air Quality Systems company who’s primary business is indoor air quality and allergy control. I am also a Chronic Asthmatic. This reply to your post is not in any way an advert or promotional ploy about the AllergSTOP product range. But clarification about the statements made in your post.

The AllergStop product range have been independently medically tested and yes.
Double blind testing was completed which included a 30 patch test over 72 hours at 5 times its normal level for harmful effect on the human body.
The tests returned were all positive, the current UK test/evaluation would be a 12 patch test over 24/48hours.
All tests carried out on this product range have been conducted to a higher standards than that required in the UK.

As a business man I would not allow my company to be associated with any product range that made false claims on the effectiveness or legality of its products. As a chronic Asthmatic I would never recommend any product that was not independently medically tested to any other Asthmatic or allergy sufferer.

I am sure that nick would be only too happy to discuss any questions that you might have about the testing that this product range has been subjected too.

Why not talk to him in person.

My company is AllergSTOP Member Network. But I would reply to a post of this nature about any product range that was being blatantly undermined.
All reputable suppliers of products are put in a no win situation with posts like this. Innuendoes and slurs should not be welcome on this forum. Now can we please get back to what this forum is all about, helping one another to improve the quality of the services that we provide to our customers.

Regards Richard.
Regards Richard McDade Comfort Sector Its only clean if its Blacklight Clean www.comfortsector.co.uk

Len Gribble

« Reply #69 on: June 03, 2005, 09:00:54 pm »
Am a bit with Robert would have put it this way claim down and relax tomorrows another day.

Dave W

Have you met the taffy nuttier, I would have taken a translator along and don’t mention the shirt that’s between him and Chris. ;D

Martin of CD if you are?

Look at your history CD’s that is! And where are you now? Core business that is! Could it be the jolly green giants syndrome and want to come back into the fold! Will I get another invite Join? Noted Homeserve have a office in bell green! :P

T8769

AND YOU ARE? HERE TODAY GONE TOMRROW THAT VERY SAID!

Len

Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

dave washbrook

« Reply #70 on: June 03, 2005, 09:44:11 pm »
len
 no i have not met the south waylen gavin yet but i have spoke to him on the phone when i was asking about allerg-stop (thanks gavin glad i joined the network) hope to meet you again len

dave

Doug Holloway

« Reply #71 on: June 04, 2005, 07:37:46 am »
Richard(Comfort),

Excellent post which helps us to understand the product and its development better.

This is what I was getting at when I expressed my frustration , we can have a reasoned scientific debate. ; :)

I would be intersted in some details of how this enzyme actually works in attacking the allergen , so that the body does not react to it.

A basic chemical formula would also help.

Cheers,

Doug

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #72 on: June 04, 2005, 09:49:25 am »
I'm sure that Allerg-STOP is a fantastic product/s but what is making you guys sell better?

Has it given you more direction or and urge?

Shaun

« Reply #73 on: June 04, 2005, 10:53:09 am »
Doug

I have already expalined how the enzyme works and the fact that it uses the "key lock" principle in that a specific enzyme reacts against specific protein strains to break them down to a level that makes them managable to the human body, the enzyme is derived from the papaya fuit and is called auxillase, and is almost identical to the enzyme produced by the human metabolism, the enzyme also conains an inhibitor which stops any reaction to other substances or indeed any hatmful effect to humans or pets.

With respect we are hardly going to publish a patented scientific formula for all to see.

Best regards Nick

Comfort Sector

« Reply #74 on: June 04, 2005, 03:09:56 pm »
Shaun
In reply to your post
(I'm sure that Allerg-STOP is a fantastic product/s but what is making you guys sell better)

The Product
In the society that we live in today people are more aware of the benefits to health and wellbeing in regards to Indoor Air Quality.

People are very worried about the safety issues in relation to the products that are used in their homes and businesses.

1)Allergstop Provides an Immediate and noticeable improvement in indoor air quality.

2) Safety the product has been medically independently tested.

The Marketing

All Allergstop Network members are in reference to the above confident in the product range This is very important you must believe in the product that you are supplying to your customers.

The Support
Network Support That is a great factor in how well this product range is selling.

We have a wealth of knowledge in the network in both professional techniques and Marketing skills.

This is how we are able to sell better as you put it.

The post above is not just allergStop it is the same for any similar product.

Just a small note THERE IS NO I IN NETWORK.

Regards Richard McDade Comfort Sector Its only clean if its Blacklight Clean www.comfortsector.co.uk

« Reply #75 on: June 04, 2005, 03:36:30 pm »
i take it you are not trying to promote this product ,are you comfort sector. or are you a paid spokesman for the company .IF NOT. YOU SHOULD BE.

dave washbrook

« Reply #76 on: June 04, 2005, 03:58:44 pm »
yes richard is a network member but he also knows what he is talking about when it comes to indoor air quality, as he says he has chronic asthma, but allerg-stop helps him live a better life, so all he is doing is telling the TRUTH which is what this forum is all about is it not,

shaun
 it is easy to sell allerg-stop to your customers because its something that your competetors are not able to offer and once they see the benefits it easy.

dave

Comfort Sector

« Reply #77 on: June 04, 2005, 04:10:14 pm »
Shrelock 89

Re you post

(i take it you are not trying to promote this product ,are you comfort sector. or are you a paid spokesman for the company .IF NOT. YOU SHOULD BE.)

If you look at the post this was a reply to you will see that the question was directed to. The Guys that sell the product.

I replied to the post because I sell the product  and was asked a specific question about the sales manner in which the product was marketed. I have answered this question.
I also stated in my post that this technique of marketing was not only specific to AllergSTOP.
And as to your other comment about being a paid spokesman for the company. If you looked at the left hand side of my post you would not need to ask the question.

I have the integrity to show what company that I belong to and my signature at the bottom off all my posts states MY REAL NAME VERY CLEARLY.

I hope this reply answers you questions Sherlock 89

« Reply #78 on: June 04, 2005, 04:12:21 pm »
you know what . whilst it dosent matter to me because i would not be selling this product. it occurs that i am amazed how hard and for how long you networkers are trying to convice us. you should be out there convincing the customer. to buy it, and seeing we are told how wonderfull and easy it is to sell.what on earth do you want all your local carpet cleaning firms having it on board. and taking what presumeably is the higher paying customers ie public.. sure its a network and sure you would like to load it on every plausible cc who reads about it. it doesent however convince me and others to take anything on board till we see the custard buying it. and i have not come accross any body who has a remote clue as to what as is. or indeed wanting to buy it. marketing this product should be advertised to the public by some form of media on a very regular basis. so perhaps a "£200.000 budget should be spent monthly by the distributor on getting his message accross to the public, now on this forum this product has reached a negative response time. ans a good time for it to lay down for a while you hAVE said all you can in its fa vour. time to stop, before you wreck its chances.

« Reply #79 on: June 04, 2005, 04:14:02 pm »
my email and my name are on profile but thanks ::)

Doug Holloway

« Reply #80 on: June 04, 2005, 05:02:02 pm »
Hi Guys,

Nick,  thanks for the comments and in the interest of sensible debate I am putting a link to the allergstop guide.

I have also placed two further links concerning Carica Papaya.
 http://www.allergstop.guide2care.com

http://www.tropilab.com/carica-pap.html

http://www.botgard.ucla.edu/html/botanytextbooks/economicbotany/Carica/
In one it says people have used the enzyme derived fron it to tenderise tough meats for many years.This enzyme is called pappain and is very similar to pepsin produced in the human stomach.

It also says it is very similar to bromelin found in pineapple.

I wonder if eating pineapple or papaya would help to combat allergens.

I'm coming into hayfever season so I think rather than taking anti histamine, I'll eat pineapple and papaya and see if it helps.Should be an interesting experiment.

Cheers,

Doug

Found another interesting link , where it actually mentions papaya leaves being smoked to relieve asthma!

http://www.geocities.com/nutriflip/Supplements/papain.html
My link doesn't seem to work , search papain on Google

craig b

« Reply #81 on: June 04, 2005, 05:04:14 pm »
allergy stop network members
 does  the product have an  endorsement from the british allergy foundation
and if it doesnt will it in the future?

Comfort Sector

« Reply #82 on: June 04, 2005, 06:14:33 pm »
Craig b
In reply to your post

(allergy stop network members
does  the product have an  endorsement from the british allergy foundation
and if it doesnt will it in the future?)

In reply to the first part of your post.
At present AllergSTOP does not have an endorsement from The British Allergy Foundation

In reply to the second part
All associations like The British Allergy Foundation only give endorsements to products when they have been extensively tested  by their own specialists. These tests take a long time to complete and rightly so. The creditability of organisations like these depend on tests that have conducted to be totally objective in all aspects.

On a commercial level no organisation will divulge what organisations if any are conducting endorsement evaluation of their products.

AllergStop is in the process of being evaluated by some of the major foundations. That is the only reply that I can give to you at the moment.

Hope this answers your question if not you could contact Nick in person.

Dave_Lee

« Reply #83 on: June 04, 2005, 07:20:14 pm »
Apart from purchasing AllerStop, what are the other criteria, in becoming a licensed user.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

« Reply #84 on: June 04, 2005, 07:33:40 pm »
perhaps it would be easier and more to the point comfortsector to say that  no organisation will divulge what organisations are conducting tests for endorsement evaluation because it only uses the positive endorsement and does not disclose the others. lets not forget to get an endorsement for anything is easy . ive done it for a slimming product. you pay your money to any number of oranisations. doctors, scientists etc and believe me there are 10 ns of thousends out there. you will get results you want.those yoy dont pay for are the hard ones to find.as the saying goes .what you read dont always believe, it also amazes me that your knowledge of the product seems to me to be almost a policy statement on behalf of the company. when others have stopped  on this forum a new leader has arrived,. 

« Reply #85 on: June 04, 2005, 07:58:00 pm »
Hi guys

Ron,We are in discussion with the  British Allergy Foundation who charge around £10K for the test we are also in discussions with two major university professors who work in aerobiology they use a system called ELISA which uses cultures of mites and protein, which are measured before and after treatment, I will keep you informed of their findings.
The product has already been extensively tested in Germany
and the results are documented, I have decided to undertake additional tests in the UK as the BAF cannot use the German test without additional cost in having everything translated, at leaast that is why they say they must test temselves.
Doug the active ellements in the papaya may help a little however the extracts need to be processed to give the best results, papain and auxillase will help to stimulate the bodies immune system, we have actually develpoed another product specifically for hay fever, which is applied as a paste under the nose, I understand this may be coming to the Uk soon but may have to be sold through chemists, I will let you know further as things develope.

Graig I have sent you a PM.

Best regards NIck

« Reply #86 on: June 04, 2005, 08:13:34 pm »
nick. for the first time a direct question has been answered that is worth so much more than these posed question and answers that have been promoted on this topic, the man himself has fired back with an answer that sattisfys the question without any hype. well done and i am not a knocker i am however dubious of the way it is being spoken about in such a theatrical way on this forum. and am pleased to see this response

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #87 on: June 04, 2005, 09:07:13 pm »
Sherlock like you I am not a user of these products but I do think the network members have got a good product that has given them a shot in the arm (or up the RS) to give them a lift up in the sales and pricing of thier businesses.

My question is - Why now have network members suddenly find that they can sell a product at a vastly superior prices and where are you finding your unique buyers from?

I know you have to cover your extra cost of chemical, but this could have been said when you first moved onto using Solutions products instead of the cheaper detergents that you can buy from prochem and the like,  I bet you didn't put your prices up then or feel that you have to go out a sell like you seem to be doing now.

I appreciate it is a unique product but if you were using an alternative way of cleaning say using Promite (I know it's not the same) what is so different to what you would say in the home, Promite will still relieve some if not all of the symptoms of Astma.

I guess what I am saying is - over the years some products have been close or halfway to doing what AllergStop is doing now and if you really wanted to go the allergy treatment way why didn't you use these products before?

What is making you go into this small uneducated market and where do you find the customers when they are just looking for a carpet clean.

Shaun

Comfort Sector

« Reply #88 on: June 04, 2005, 09:41:54 pm »
Shaun
In Reply to your post
(Sherlock like you I am not a user of these products but I do think the network members have got a good product that has given them a shot in the arm (or up the RS) to give them a lift up in the sales and pricing of thier businesses.)

Indoor Air Quality
That it in a nutshell

The vastly superior prices you suggest
The last part of you post answered your own question some other products have been close or halfway to do what allergStop is doing now.

And it is not over priced for the quality of service that it provides

This is a unique product range which provides for Superior Indoor Air Quality. at all levels carpets ,soft furnishings,mattress,hard surfaces,and air.That answers the unique buyers question.

Every one wants a Clean and Healthy Environment.
That means your existing customers!!!!

This product range is targeting people who like to live in an environment with good Indoor Air  Quality.

therapist

« Reply #89 on: June 04, 2005, 09:53:16 pm »
Interesting point Shaun and I think the word to describe the new approach , is, MOTIVATION.

We all experience it, at times, but the difficulty, is maintaining the NEW ENERGY AND ENTHUSIASM

If other manufacturers or suppliers were as enthusiastic and knowledgable as Nick and made use of this type of talking shop they would all benefit, because only a percentage of people will use any particular product, due to , personal preference/ convenience / budget / whatever.

It's all good for the trade / profession / business
and the debate will stimulate interest in a wider marketplace.

Mike Boxall should be given enormous credit for allowing this open debate on his site and I'm astonished that he doesn't make more use of it to promote his own range of products.

Best wishes

r m

Comfort Sector

« Reply #90 on: June 04, 2005, 10:04:52 pm »
Therapist

Re your last post

Well said sir

thats what this forum should be about.

Neil Mc Anulty

« Reply #91 on: June 04, 2005, 10:30:32 pm »
I know you have to cover your extra cost of chemical, but this could have been said when you first moved onto using Solutions products instead of the cheaper detergents that you can buy from prochem and the like,  I bet you didn't put your prices up then or feel that you have to go out a sell like you seem to be doing now.

I find I get superior results with Microsplitters at a cheaper price than prochem products.

With the added benefit of no premature resoiling which is a big issue and putting a lot of people off getting carpets cleaned when they have had their carpets done by the people I label " Old skool"

Why?
They have been around longer than I have. No interest in training and improving their service and either they are keeping customers who do not notice and are pleased with the initial results (optical brighteners etc) or putting people off hiring Carpet cleaners for life.

" When you get your carpets cleaned theyre f****d, never be the same again"
A conversation with builders on Tuesday. I then told him my techniques and the benefits of my cleaning agents.

« Reply #92 on: June 05, 2005, 11:37:18 am »
Hi Guys

The right motivation probably does play a part in this, if you have a product you can believe in it is easier to sell, I do however feel that most customers are becoming more aware of other cleaning related issues in the home and work place, having a unique product opens more doors

Best regards Nick

stevegunn

« Reply #93 on: June 05, 2005, 12:42:34 pm »
Why don't the non believers contact Nick and purchase the product at full price eg,1ltr of carpet & upholstery cleaner,500ml of room spray & 500ml mattress spray just to try at a cost of less than £60.Then you can make your own minds up instead of presuming the product is like all other allergy control products.You will at least double your £60 investment ;)

dave401uk

« Reply #94 on: June 05, 2005, 01:43:36 pm »
i find it so worrying that "people" are knocking a product, that they haven't  tried, i have never been negative to a product, chemical i haven't  tried, open mind is the way forward in any field, if this wasn't the case, then none of you would be using M/S, would you?

To this end, i am going on Nicks next course, with an open mind,but, that having been said,imo there are some very proff c/c using this product, they have all got reputation,s to protect, i for one don't think they would be singing so loud, if it "didn't do what it said on the box"

I look forward to meeting other open thinking professional c/c at the end of the month, when i will become "one of the converted"

Dave
Its never a pass of the wand,just a master stroke.

John_Flynn

« Reply #95 on: June 05, 2005, 03:36:39 pm »
Once again it boils down to the Fast Trak Syndrome!!

People who knock it are NOT willing to try it   ::) ::) ::)!!!

« Reply #96 on: June 05, 2005, 03:40:47 pm »
dave you said i cant read or write. perhaps you should get the dictionary out and look through the last post you left. not exactly queens english, is it. and again your constant sniping is tedious i have no wish to rappore with such a bore .

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #97 on: June 05, 2005, 04:59:32 pm »
Who's knocking the product?

Honest question.

Shaun

therapist

« Reply #98 on: June 05, 2005, 05:50:51 pm »
Agree with Shaun

OLD SKOOL

Don't judge a book by it's cover   nr-neil, the old school you refer to have been using m /s for 6-7 years and when I started in this business 20 plus years ago, the same comments were being made then

It's more likely to younger, inexperienced, untrained people who continue to use cheap, soapy products

The older statesmen among us may have considerably more training than you.

Don't assume and don't think that training on it's own makes you an expert....just gives you information....it's what you do with it that matters

I've been on many courses over the past 20 years including IICRC with Paul Pearce

A better answer to the re-soiling issue, might be to reassure the prospect, by letting them know the reasons for -soiling rather than behaving like an inexperienced juvenile, but then...................

r m

Neil Mc Anulty

« Reply #99 on: June 05, 2005, 10:07:01 pm »
Therapist

The Old Skool I made reference to do not use Microsplitters.
"It's more likely to younger, inexperienced, untrained people who continue to use cheap, soapy products"

Not over here, Its the new guy that is trying to educate The "old Skool" But they aint buying

It's more likely to younger, inexperienced, untrained people who continue to use cheap, soapy products

The older statesmen among us may have considerably more training than you.
Ridiculous to say the least.

Never did I say training makes you an expert
And I hope you were not referring to me with your last words.
"The prospect, by letting them know the reasons for -soiling rather than behaving like an inexperienced juvenile, but then"

Who are you to call me an inexperienced juvenile I may be young but like I said  I have been trying to educate the "Old Skool"To no avail.
These people are ruining this industry

« Reply #100 on: June 05, 2005, 10:17:03 pm »
the therapist gives a balanced opinion, without malice or afterthought. as he is a senior statesman he has seen and heard most things in this industry, but correctly young blood will and should at all times look for new and better options that are now more readily available than in latter years. it does not mean however that improvements should be expected or gaurenteed.

therapist

« Reply #101 on: June 05, 2005, 10:55:17 pm »
I could say " if the cap fits "  but I'd rather suggest you consider who YOU are and how did on earth did the industry cope, before you came along to rescue them, with your vast knowledge and experience.

I am not familiar with the c/c industry in Ireland, but I doubt that it's much different from here, in Scotland, or elsewhere in the UK.

As I stated, there was a group of people throughout the UK about 7 years ago, who got seriously involved with using m/s technology.

The new technology was taken on board enthusiastically and we were all greatly impressed with results

At that time, I reckon the average age of the group would have been about  45 and all experienced and established business owners.

We met, as a group several times and I can assure you, these were not wrecking the business, but were laying the foundation for the next generation, of which I presume you, to be one.

Finally, I only say what I see and your immature and uninformed attack on a specific group was pathetic and not justified

Read what you wrote and if you don't re consider you narrow minded opinion, you might keep such thoughts to yourself,

R M

« Reply #102 on: June 06, 2005, 12:06:42 am »
truly masterly. how i wishi had learnt from you. i would be by far so much better educated, thanks and god go wih you

Neil Mc Anulty

« Reply #103 on: June 06, 2005, 09:26:25 pm »
When I mentioned Old Skool I did not mean all older Carpet Cleaners. I was referring to some of the older c/c s in my locality.
I have been re-reading my posts to try and understand why I got insulted. This was the only reason I could find. >:(

*paul_moss

« Reply #104 on: June 07, 2005, 10:02:58 pm »
I think Sherlock is just a wind up merchant with minimal knowledge of the business.

Paul
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

« Reply #105 on: June 07, 2005, 10:09:09 pm »
Paul, That was my first thought but spoke to him in CHAT last night, 1 on 1.
Seems fairly sane and sensible to me.  :o

Neil Mc Anulty

« Reply #106 on: June 08, 2005, 09:22:11 pm »
Well Therapist

Can I have an answer?

Gavin Reardon

« Reply #107 on: June 08, 2005, 09:46:07 pm »
Hi Chris

You have got to be joking!  ;D  ;D  ;D

Hes crazy :P

www.ace-cleaning.co.uk

therapist

« Reply #108 on: June 09, 2005, 07:30:10 am »
nr-neil

you have provided the answer yourself in your last posting.

you should never assume that you know more than, or are better than anyone  just because you use a particular product, or method, or because you have been on more courses than someone else.

attending courses does not make someone better. it gives the opportunity to become better, but this only happens,if the attendee , really learns and secondly really puts into practice what has been taught.
many people do jobs all of their lives and never reach a reasonable standard, even although they might have " gone through the system "and have the little bits of paper to prove it.
on the other hand, there are people who have a 'touch' or a 'gift' or a ' feeling ' for a particular skill or vocation, who outperform everyone else.
they are just doe'rs
they exist in every walk of life and others can learn much from just observing the way they go about their business
incidentally. you could achieve the same results from the older type of chemiicals if you use them correctly and you could achieve poor results from m / s
much of the success in this business is reliant on the ability and diligence of the individual
finally and in case you don't know. your host, is a supplier of the chemicals you criticise.

good luck

r m