Robin Ray

Jag
« on: September 22, 2012, 11:58:53 am »
With all this talk of cfms and lift from the the enforcer and the turbo, I noticed the someone posted somewhere a video of the jag producing 325 cfm. I wondered what the specs for the 6.6 motors are so looked them up on the Ametek website. http://dev.ametekfsm.com/Bulletins/122235-00.pdf
So if one 6.6 motor can produce 139.9 cfm two can only produce a maximum of 279.8 cfm. So how does the Jag produce 325 cfm?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReOUQ6f2IYA

john martin

Re: Jag
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 12:17:32 pm »
 Ray , its all nonsense ,  those cfm gauges can be calibrated to read anything .

They will be lucky to get 275 cfm .

I suspect because they used to state on the CA website that the scorpion had 326 cfm , they had to come up with a figure the same to keep up the pretense the jag is more powerfull .

The vid was mentioned on a US forum ,  ED V's explanation  was the 230v version is more efficient , but when it was shown to him that the US/UK version has the same test spec from ameteks lab , and amp draw is the only difference , he had no answers .

Steambrites testing shows 274 cfm .

stuart_clark

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 01:11:16 pm »
The Guy on the Vid sounds like Nick White!

Richard Basey-Fisher

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2012, 04:55:46 pm »
I really want a jag

XF

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2012, 06:36:32 pm »
My Mum has an XF. Great car (if you like that kinda thing)

stuart_clark

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2012, 07:36:24 pm »
Richard
Believe me you dont mate !

Richard Basey-Fisher

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2012, 11:05:40 am »
I am torn between a 5 series bmw or an xf at the moment .

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2012, 11:56:06 am »
My dad had 6 x 5 series BMW's in a row.
He claims the XF is a better car.
He had 530 and 525 diesels.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2012, 12:08:23 pm »
We had an xf to try I thought it was ok but that's it looks a bit old man but that's more of a personal thing also there wasn't much room for the tm.

Shaun

Robin Ray

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2012, 01:02:38 pm »

I suspect because they used to state on the CA website that the scorpion had 326 cfm , they had to come up with a figure the same to keep up the pretense the jag is more powerfull .

The vid was mentioned on a US forum ,  ED V's explanation  was the 230v version is more efficient , but when it was shown to him that the US/UK version has the same test spec from ameteks lab , and amp draw is the only difference , he had no answers .

It does seem as if the figures have been fabricated some how. But I don't see why, 279 cfm is pretty good from 2 vacs. Maybe there is a real explanation but I cant seem to get anyone who is suposed to know to answer. Where is Ed Valentine or Nick or any one with a Jag?

And yes I would like a Jag XF too but a M5 would be a lot better.

john martin

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2012, 01:41:17 pm »

It does seem as if the figures have been fabricated some how. But I don't see why, 279 cfm is pretty good from 2 vacs. Maybe there is a real explanation but I cant seem to get anyone who is suposed to know to answer. Where is Ed Valentine or Nick or any one with a Jag?

And yes I would like a Jag XF too but a M5 would be a lot better.

Robin ( got your name right this time )  :)

You simply cant believe anything from CT or camp CA
Respect to u for raising your question on CT  , im sure they are in a kerfuffle thinking up a plasable excuse ,
or they will just fob off the queston .

Also , did i see some chap suggesting he had 400cfm by removing the silencer ?  no disrespect to anyone trying to improve their machine , but this is nuts also .... It reminds me of guys who used to fit 4" exhausts to 1.3 novas and think they gained 50bhp , when all they gained was noise .
Steembrite tested the jag at 274 with the silencer on , this suggests it makes little or no difference and the couple of cfm u might gain by removing it is far out weighed by the benefit of reduced noise imo .

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2012, 03:00:20 pm »
400cfms is what a truck mount produces not but most suppliers will manipulate to suit ashbys being another the figures are interesting but the vac at the end of the wand is the proof or even better the dryness of the carpet.

Shaun

stuart_clark

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2012, 04:25:14 pm »
I have noticed on Clean Talk, that Anthony Nash has fitted 2" internal pipes in his Jag and is now claiming near the 400 cfm mark! I wonder how he camt to this figure!
I can see why removing the exhast will let the machine breath better, as without the exhaust it will be less restrictive!  Oh yes I can Still get on CT by the way I  Just cant Post, JB Said it was my Cooling off period! Ha Ha Ha

john martin

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2012, 07:22:02 pm »
I have noticed on Clean Talk, that Anthony Nash has fitted 2" internal pipes in his Jag and is now claiming near the 400 cfm mark! I wonder how he camt to this figure!
I can see why removing the exhast will let the machine breath better, as without the exhaust it will be less restrictive!  Oh yes I can Still get on CT by the way I  Just cant Post, JB Said it was my Cooling off period! Ha Ha Ha

As Robin suggested 279 is around the maximum achievable based on Ameteks Lab figures , any machine design will only help prevent  losses it cant increase that figure .

I don't blame anyone for tinkering and improving their machines , but the dishonest exaggeration of figures and implausible hype comes from the top down , the core is rotten ...

And this dishonesty spreads and infects others  ...   look at Ashbys , they've gone completely mad !    :o

garry22

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2012, 07:43:41 pm »
Does hot or cold ambient air temperature or altitude make a difference?

Not as daft as you think. I know it makes a difference in sailing  ;)

john martin

« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2012, 07:58:56 pm »

Waterlift test is effected by atmospheric pressure  .

Not significant in CFM testing .

richie

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2012, 02:02:09 am »
Its no surprise that the figures are been hyped up really.  Now, as for those figures....who tested them?  At what length hose were those figures given?  I have used the Jag and Scorpion.  Neither come close to the vac power of a truckmount....even those truckmounts with say a 33 blower are more powerful.  Yes i know its because they have Positive Dispacement blowers and cant really be comparable to electric motors.  Regardless of what portable (Jag, Scrpion, Airflex) to name just a few.....these machines are good but once you go over 50 feet of hose you start to notice the drop in CFM

Russ Chadd

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2012, 10:13:20 am »
My Jag has now had the exhaust removed and i have opted for 1.5" hose throughout the machine with duel exhausts.
The increase in airflow has been quite remarkable, yes the noise level has increased, however this is a trade off you would expect.
I doubt i will get the chance to measure my machines performance but then i feel the increase at the wand so im not that bothered about figures...

Ed Valentine

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2012, 02:33:44 pm »
John;

You stated:   
"Steembrite tested the jag at 274 with the silencer on"

You will note that our web site states a figure of:  288

That is a difference of only 14 , which seems to anyone as being minimal. Therefore, IMHO, the Steembrite testing would be acceptable.

Your assumptions:

"
ED V's explanation  was the 230v version is more efficient , but when it was shown to him that the US/UK version has the same test spec from ameteks lab , and amp draw is the only difference , he had no answers" .

...respectfully is nothing more than horse manure once again. Were you aware that the 230v runs at 10,000 rpm's more?

I must say however obvious is appears, that you represent the competition very well, sir!

best to all;
Ed Valentine

Robin Ray

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2012, 03:33:11 pm »
Hi Ed

As you are here now can I ask you if the specs for your motors are different to the ones here on the Ametek web sitehttp://dev.ametekfsm.com/Bulletins/122235-00.pdf

Not saying thay arn't, Im just wondering how two vacs in the jag can produce more power than they had in the first place. After all Ametek say the 6.6 has 139.9 cfm two would therefore have a max of 279.8 however 240v version of the jag shows over 325 cfm. How is this possible? thats an increse of over 45 cfm!!

john martin

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2012, 09:19:22 pm »
John;

You stated:   
"Steembrite tested the jag at 274 with the silencer on"

You will note that our web site states a figure of:  288

That is a difference of only 14 , which seems to anyone as being minimal. Therefore, IMHO, the Steembrite testing would be acceptable.

Your assumptions:

"
ED V's explanation  was the 230v version is more efficient , but when it was shown to him that the US/UK version has the same test spec from ameteks lab , and amp draw is the only difference , he had no answers" .

...respectfully is nothing more than horse manure once again. Were you aware that the 230v runs at 10,000 rpm's more?

I must say however obvious is appears, that you represent the competition very well, sir!

best to all;
Ed Valentine

No ones disputing your 288 figure  just the 325 , I simply choose the steambrite 274 as a more independent test figure . I would trust them over some guys u paid .

Both the 120v and 230v version have the same test specs from ametek  ,
139CFM  133"lift  and  646 airwatts .

How you end up at 325 from two 139's  is what Robin is asking here  ...

I believe he's awaiting your response    :)

Robin Ray

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2012, 11:42:00 pm »
I don't think I will be getting a response as two whole threads have now been deleted now on Clean Talk. I can only conclude there is no real explanation.

I'm sure the Jag is a great machine and very powerful. After all all those owners cant be wrong. But it can't perform the impossible. I must say I am a tad disappointed.

???

richie

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2012, 12:11:51 am »
no surprise that some threads have been deleted though is it :)

Russ Chadd

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2012, 12:58:10 am »
Hey Robin where are you based?
If you are anywhere in the Surrey area why not pop over and have a go with mine, then you can see for your self.

stuart_clark

« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2012, 08:29:40 am »
Robin
dont get me wrong mate the jaguar is a great machine whilst its going! I must admit i miss mine, but its not a reliable machine, so i had to bin it as i need reliability with my job

Russ
I can see why you have had no problems, with your machine! Cos its only your back up machine isnt it ? Dont you use a Prowler now as your full time machine ?

Robin Ray

« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2012, 08:31:33 am »
Well.. The posts have re appeared :D Which is good.

Russ, Thanks for the offer, I'm in Devon so Surrey is a but of a way for me, but I might pop in to Solutions next time I am down that way for a Surf.

Russ Chadd

« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2012, 09:47:52 am »
Robin
dont get me wrong mate the jaguar is a great machine whilst its going! I must admit i miss mine, but its not a reliable machine, so i had to bin it as i need reliability with my job

Russ
I can see why you have had no problems, with your machine! Cos its only your back up machine isnt it ? Dont you use a Prowler now as your full time machine ?

Up until recently the Jag was my primary machine, it has and still serves me very well and to be fair it has never failed on me, regardless of what pre spray i would use i would ALWAYS without fail use a de foamer, also simple maintenance on things like the auto pump out... keeping filters clean and lint free, adding a lint hog helped to keep my waste tank clean.
Storing the unit with the waste tank lid off would stop condensation forming in the tank, wrapping it up in a blanket when the weather turned cold and always running the vacs for a few minutes at the end of each job.
This is just routine machine care which i have carried out on all my HWE machines and not one of them has let me down in the past.
The prowler was purchased for several reasons, volume of work and type of work required a TM and i was on a budget, the Jag is still used for all my upholstery cleaning and for those jobs where a TM simply cant get to.

If equipment is properly cared for then you reduce the risk of it failing... simple

JandS

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2012, 10:54:28 am »
Wrapping a blanket round it when it's cold  ??? ???
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

richie

« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2012, 11:05:53 am »
many people during the colder months tend to put blankets or duvets over equipment.  I myself used to do it HOWEVER, it wont stop freezing from happening.  Blankets & duvets work in the same way.  They capture the heat from your body and hold it within.  So a cold machine will stay cold whereas a human body generates heat and this is what makes a blanket / duvet effective.  Its the same as loft insulation, Loft insulation traps the warm air and prevents it escaping through the roof.  Some people tend to lay loft boards over the top of insulation to store things.  This is a bad idea because when you put boards over the top of the insulation it flattens the insulation down this in turn prevents the insulation from trapping heat as effective as it would normally be able to.

Robin Ray

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2012, 02:58:40 pm »
Just an update on the Jag figures.

It seems in testing today by Nick the Jag with new internal plumbing to reduce heat produced 394.8 CFM which I do find impressive yet strange because of the figures quoted by Ametek. I will however say Nick stands by those figures and is having his metre tested, and I have herd some independent testing will take place which will settle matters. So we will wait and see.
It seems the 6.6 motor really has revolutionised the industry.

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2012, 03:23:57 pm »
with nearly 400 CFM I am sure there will be a lot of TM owners upgrading to Jags, I must say they are impressive figures if they can be confirmed and it does not include a booster vac. If they bench test @ 139 CFM x 2 that's 278 CFM so the Jag is developing  nearly 117 additional CFM, that's very impressive.

Andrew Briscoe

« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2012, 04:04:14 pm »
with nearly 400 CFM I am sure there will be a lot of TM owners upgrading to Jags, I must say they are impressive figures if they can be confirmed and it does not include a booster vac. If they bench test @ 139 CFM x 2 that's 278 CFM so the Jag is developing  nearly 117 additional CFM, that's very impressive.

I saw on CT that the JAG ran flat out at 8.5 HG
my TM produces that ticking over, then there are 2 further throttle settings,
most TM's run at 14-15 hg, almost double, I let my scorpion go recently,must say it was a fair machine that never let me down and was quite old as it was an upgraded recoil.

Wont be down grading machine from tm to portable anytime soon,

Paul Moss

« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2012, 05:55:09 pm »
 ;)

Russ Chadd

« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2012, 07:01:41 pm »
My machinery gets wrapped in blankets, the ply lining and roof of my van has been insulated and i have a heater in the back too.
Blankets are also used on all the equipment and chemicals in storage too.

Lewis Newby

« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2012, 07:17:16 pm »

what altitude do you sail at? i find sea level to be the most effective  ;)

lew

john martin

« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2012, 08:17:33 pm »
Just an update on the Jag figures.

It seems in testing today by Nick the Jag with new internal plumbing to reduce heat produced 394.8 CFM which I do find impressive yet strange because of the figures quoted by Ametek. I will however say Nick stands by those figures and is having his metre tested, and I have herd some independent testing will take place which will settle matters. So we will wait and see.
It seems the 6.6 motor really has revolutionised the industry.

This chap is either having a laugh or hes the worst instrumentation technician ever .

Hard to know whats behind this , in fairness to one of the CT guys , the JB chap , i felt he was distancing himself from the nonsense lately .
They need to recall the Jags to fix CA's poor plumbing and cooling issues , so perhaps this its all a ploy to get the disciples to pay for the recall on the pretense of it been a ' performance ' upgrade .

Ed V  himself is attracted to hype like a fly to horse $h!t  ,  but i think this 400cfm biz might be even a step too far for even him ... if he endorses it and gets back to the USA forums he knows he'll be a laughing stock .    :-X

Richard Cole

« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2012, 09:24:23 pm »

You certainly know your stuff John, just out of curiosity what machine do you have? :)
former carpet cleaner, now retired!

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2012, 09:29:00 pm »
John that's a bit harsh based on assuptions I like your no nonesense attitude challenging figures can stop manufacturers over stretching the truth but lets not start a witch hunt.

Shaun

john martin

« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2012, 09:45:04 pm »
John that's a bit harsh based on assuptions I like your no nonesense attitude challenging figures can stop manufacturers over stretching the truth but lets not start a witch hunt.

Shaun

Yes Shaun ,  I'll take that onboard .

Richard , a collection of older used machines mostly  , I'l buy /build something new / more powerful when i get time   :)

Jim_77

« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2012, 11:27:11 pm »
Robin the two topics about the jag were moved from "carpet & upholstery cleaning" to the "machine troubleshooting & maintenance" forum - there were redirects still in place on the other forum where they were moved from!  For some reason the topic has moved back into the original place it was started, I reckon someone's getting senile!!

Funny to see more daggers being drawn immediately as soon as someone mentions deleted topics!  At no time were they ever deleted!

Of course I expect an immediate apology to follow!!!! Not :)

*Hector*

« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2012, 07:29:39 am »
Jim.... Jim......... JIM............ JIM..............

You have gone blue............  :P :P

Stop holding your breath ...  :o

;D ;D ;D ;D
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

Robin Ray

« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2012, 08:39:34 am »
Jim,
I didn't realise they had been moved. At the time it seemed like they had gone so I thought it was a fob off. But all has been explained now so I'm happy at least. :)

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2012, 09:06:29 am »
Of course I expect an immediate apology to follow!!!! Not :)

you were right Jim!!   ::)

Russ Chadd

« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2012, 09:47:01 am »
To be fair... when posts are moved to another part of the forum it doesn't say its been moved so its easy to assume the post has been deleted....

garry22

« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2012, 03:00:55 pm »
what altitude do you sail at? i find sea level to be the most effective  Wink

Asuming that's a sensible question  :D ...

Sailing is all about pressure differentials.

Cold, warm or very humid air affects pressure considerably.

A couple of friends did a championship in South Africa on a lake somewhere up on the Highveld. Apparently the altitude made a big difference as the air was less dense. The windspeed was the same but the pressure was much less. Honest.  :)

Jim_77

« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2012, 10:30:33 pm »
Not wishing to labour the point because it isn't worth getting worked up over... but there are redirects left behind when a topic gets moved... it juts looks like the normal topic title but when you click on it you end up at the moved topic in its new destination.  The redirects are normally set to expire after 2 or 3 days or something.

Still holding my breath by the way!!!! ;D

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2012, 10:35:58 pm »
Jim where are the bubbles coming from?

The trouble with moving topics are that it buries it, I've moved topics on here and people have said that they have been deleted but they haven't only trouble is that some threads can be moved to a distance part of the forum as not to find.

Shaun

Jim_77

« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2012, 10:44:17 pm »
The volume of traffic on the carpet & upholstery section of CT is generally the sort of level that,  without any further posts, nothing would get pushed off page 1 within 24 hours... I'd expect more like 48 hours or more because a lot of posts are replies on existing topics rather than endless new topics started that get one reply and then die a death.

With redirects lasting at least 2 days you'd expect someone checking back regularly to be able to see the topic!

Failing that, ask!

john martin

« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2012, 10:52:45 pm »
 The topics were more general than ' troubleshooting and maintenance ' so moving them somewhere obscure is really a form of deleting  ...

also ' troubleshooting and maintenance ' is blocked to us outsiders   :'(
I'm sure its selectively censored anyway ...  i didn't spot the     ' another 6.6 up in smoke '    thread   :D

Jim_77

« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2012, 10:58:31 pm »
There is no "obscure" part of the forum!  Maybe the concept of a  "redirect" isn't getting through... a redirect stays in the same place a topic was started but links through to where it currently resides.  You could say it... what's the word?  Oh yes "Redirects" you to the topic.  Ah yes a good word I think.

Maybe you should provide your real name, business name, location and telephone number so you can register an account and see all of the forum... and gain a bit of credibility ;)

Holding my breath for two things at the same time now, double asphyxiation imminent!! ;D

john martin

« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2012, 11:17:56 pm »
There is no "obscure" part of the forum!  Maybe the concept of a  "redirect" isn't getting through... a redirect stays in the same place a topic was started but links through to where it currently resides.  You could say it... what's the word?  Oh yes "Redirects" you to the topic.  Ah yes a good word I think.

Maybe you should provide your real name, business name, location and telephone number so you can register an account and see all of the forum... and gain a bit of credibility ;)

Holding my breath for two things at the same time now, double asphyxiation imminent!! ;D

The names John  ???

As far as i remember the redirect stayed for a couple or hours and then both vanished ... perhaps robin or whoever mentioned it could back that up ... also the Alltec evolution thread vanished without redirect before reappearing next day ...

don't matter , it was all nonsense anyway  ;D

Robin Ray

« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2012, 08:36:21 am »
They did vanish. Then reappear after I enquired about it.

Any way its all been sorted now. Clean Talk is what it is, Even though I probably started things with this thread I think Its time to give up on the whole Clean Talk thing now its getting a bit boring. I'm sure there are a lot better things to talk about.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2012, 09:26:55 am »
Bet its all helped Cleantalk' s viewing figures ;D ;D

Jim_77

« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2012, 12:02:32 am »
The names John  ???
Mighty pleased to meet you

As far as i remember the redirect stayed for a couple or hours and then both vanished ...

To how many decimal places would you like the figure inputting, to redirect for "a couple of hours"?  You talk out of your backside mate!  This is the default setting and it's normally the case that either this setting is used or the time is increased to 2 or 3 days, to allow people time to come back to the forum and still find a topic.

perhaps robin or whoever mentioned it could back that up

I've got a better idea.... get Stu Clark to back you up on that, he's relatively unbiased as well!

... also the Alltec evolution thread vanished without redirect before reappearing next day ...

More rubbish!  None of those topics were deleted at any time!

Every time you  post, you discredit yourself a little more, revealing your agenda.  Always side-stepping questions as to your identity (and don't give me any of that Dublin rubbish ;) )

Won't be long before the cat's out of the bag :)

john martin

« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2012, 12:15:57 am »
really jim , thats what happened with the threads , how or why , its really not that important to me as to care less . im just reporting the facts .

As for the ' cat out of the bag '   if i wanted to hide , i'd be sitting behind a proxy ,
surely some of the mods here can confirm an irish IP  ....
I never gave my full details as i wanted to speak my mind without been pestered ...
if they find me .... they will be sooo  disappointed  , a normal CC is all i'v ever claimed to be .  :)

Jim_77

« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2012, 12:36:28 am »
No you're not reporting the facts because that didn't happen, you're being insidious.

Plenty of people speak their mind on forums and everyone knows their real name, location, business name etc... it's called having a pair of balls.

If you have conviction in what you say and believe in, you should have no problem in people knowing your real name or how to get hold of you. 

Wanting to remain anonymous reeks of something to hide ;) ;)

Doug Holloway

« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2012, 07:53:09 am »
Hi Guys

Time to calm this one down, we will all no doubt have our perspectives but it's got out of proportion.

Please can we stick with discussing the relative merits of the machines.

I am interested in whether the 6.6 motor is inherently less robust than the 5.7, which is the most reliable I have ever found in my Altec, almost 2000 hours and both vacs still going.

I had almost as many vacs as Stuart in my Excel, admittedly in about 2000 hours too.

Cheers

Doug

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2012, 07:54:45 am »
There are lots of 'members' that lurk on this forum how do you think nick gets to know what's happening?

Ive always said that c t removes posts and moves threads and have said it for years BUT it's their forum I can't be bothered to get into inter forum politics I just take all forums as a bit of fun and banter I'd suggest everyone else should do life's far too complicated without falling out over a computer screen.

Stay calm and carry on.

Shaun

john martin

« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2012, 09:11:15 pm »
Hi Guys

Time to calm this one down, we will all no doubt have our perspectives but it's got out of proportion.

I am interested in whether the 6.6 motor is inherently less robust than the 5.7, which is the most reliable I have ever found in my Altec, almost 2000 hours and both vacs still going.

I had almost as many vacs as Stuart in my Excel, admittedly in about 2000 hours too.

Cheers

Doug

Thats a good question , and one i should probably stay well away from  :-X

There are so many variables it would be pure speculation to say ...
If its heat related you would imagine the triple vac machines with the same bodies would be hotter inside , so its likely the 6.6 has some heat tolerance issues .
just looking at the spec it spins about 4000 rpm more than the 5.7 , and has a couple of new patent  design features which might be a factor ?
Would have to run internal temp tests on any likely machine i suppose checking for heat spike areas etc , and working out best cooling systems  ,  forced cooling might be necessary .

Jim_77

« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2012, 01:19:07 am »
Still no balls in sight :)

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2012, 10:12:07 am »
Hi Guys

Cheers

Doug

Thats a good question , and one i should probably stay well away from  :-X

There are so many variables it would be pure speculation to say ...
If its heat related you would imagine the triple vac machines with the same bodies would be hotter inside , so its likely the 6.6 has some heat tolerance issues .
just looking at the spec it spins about 4000 rpm more than the 5.7 , and has a couple of new patent  design features which might be a factor ?
Would have to run internal temp tests on any likely machine i suppose checking for heat spike areas etc , and working out best cooling systems  ,  forced cooling might be necessary .

I have been wondering about the new motors since this topic rared its head. But if it was the motors surely we would have heard about it on other machines fitted with the same motor.

I also wonder why a triple vac version is not made with the new motor

stuart_clark

« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2012, 10:12:37 am »
I personaly think that Jags problems could easily be rectified, if internal extraction fans were fitted

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2012, 10:27:49 am »
I've had no issues with the 6.6 vacs in my airflex, they are now a year in and have performed very well. I suspect someone will do a tripple 6.6, not quite enough room in some machines so it would mean case modifications for some.

stuart_clark

« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2012, 11:47:25 am »
Simon
Are there extraction fans buit into the Airflexs base? If there is IMHO I think thats where the Jag falls short! but yes its only time i think before a tripple 6.6 but it wont be a Jag as there is little enough room for two never mind three! I dont think the Altec could squeeze another one in either

tim handley

« Reply #65 on: September 29, 2012, 05:17:00 pm »
There are lots of 'members' that lurk on this forum how do you think nick gets to know what's happening?

Ive always said that c t removes posts and moves threads and have said it for years BUT it's their forum I can't be bothered to get into inter forum politics I just take all forums as a bit of fun and banter I'd suggest everyone else should do life's far too complicated without falling out over a computer screen.

Stay calm and carry on.

Shaun
do you mean keep calm and carry on???   just to remain historically correct!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #66 on: September 29, 2012, 05:28:04 pm »
Probably but cooling down is a must!

Shaun

john martin

« Reply #67 on: September 29, 2012, 07:11:02 pm »
Still no balls in sight :)

You also need those sometimes to admit you might be wrong  :D

john martin

« Reply #68 on: September 29, 2012, 07:12:52 pm »
I personaly think that Jags problems could easily be rectified, if internal extraction fans were fitted

Is there only the front vents !  I thought there was one at the rear somewhere , but don't see it in this vid  .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCfSmWk8hdE&feature=plcp

Yes , a $10 fan extracting heat would probably have prevented failure .

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2012, 09:58:27 pm »
Simon
Are there extraction fans buit into the Airflexs base? If there is IMHO I think thats where the Jag falls short! but yes its only time i think before a tripple 6.6 but it wont be a Jag as there is little enough room for two never mind three! I dont think the Altec could squeeze another one in either

Yes there's a big fan on one side, vents underneath and one the other side at the rear. To keep machines at a 'portable' size most would need to give up tank space to get them in or become much wider which would mean retooling moulds etc. A booster would be the easiest but just adds to set up time so i never bothered getting one.

john martin

« Reply #70 on: September 29, 2012, 10:39:00 pm »

Not fond of inline boosters either as they end up near where your working adding noise an clutter .  And they only increase cfm not lift .

A twin vac series booster like in this vid  , would add huge lift and not get in the way ,
they can be very small as they have no tanks , could run off one extension cord in this country .   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVIBnuq50h4

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2012, 11:51:15 pm »
John. The airflex does have a single port on the back for a booster so it would be behind your main machine or it could be inline as the norm. The one in the vid is interesting but I see it uses two ports. What happens if they are linked into a single port? I did toy with hooking an alltec pro plus into the airflex port just to see what happens ;D Though it's hardly practical as a usable solution. Perfectly happy as I am but if you have kit lying around and like a tinker it can be fun.

john martin

Re: Jag New
« Reply #72 on: September 30, 2012, 12:11:55 am »
John. The airflex does have a single port on the back for a booster so it would be behind your main machine or it could be inline as the norm. The one in the vid is interesting but I see it uses two ports. What happens if they are linked into a single port? I did toy with hooking an alltec pro plus into the airflex port just to see what happens ;D Though it's hardly practical as a usable solution. Perfectly happy as I am but if you have kit lying around and like a tinker it can be fun.

I'd say the back port on the airflex is more for easy connection to they're external exhaust more than for a booster ... if u connect your twin vac to that port u will get some lift increase but as both machines are parallel u will not get benefit of two motors as shown in the vid ...  you will if you just put a Y splitter between the two machines and just run them side by side .
In the mytee vid each motor in the main machine has a port from its exhaust ,  they are then connected to two more motors , so you have two in parallel in front connected to two in series behind ...
also the motors in the above are electro 5.7s hence the 300cfm ...  if u did that with two regular 5.7s u would get about  220 " lift and  230 cfm  or there about .

shows drop after long hose run , but still useable
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXeEa6MKLwA