This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jim_77

Re: Jag
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2012, 11:27:11 pm »
Robin the two topics about the jag were moved from "carpet & upholstery cleaning" to the "machine troubleshooting & maintenance" forum - there were redirects still in place on the other forum where they were moved from!  For some reason the topic has moved back into the original place it was started, I reckon someone's getting senile!!

Funny to see more daggers being drawn immediately as soon as someone mentions deleted topics!  At no time were they ever deleted!

Of course I expect an immediate apology to follow!!!! Not :)

*Hector*

« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2012, 07:29:39 am »
Jim.... Jim......... JIM............ JIM..............

You have gone blue............  :P :P

Stop holding your breath ...  :o

;D ;D ;D ;D
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

Robin Ray

« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2012, 08:39:34 am »
Jim,
I didn't realise they had been moved. At the time it seemed like they had gone so I thought it was a fob off. But all has been explained now so I'm happy at least. :)

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2012, 09:06:29 am »
Of course I expect an immediate apology to follow!!!! Not :)

you were right Jim!!   ::)

Russ Chadd

« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2012, 09:47:01 am »
To be fair... when posts are moved to another part of the forum it doesn't say its been moved so its easy to assume the post has been deleted....

garry22

« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2012, 03:00:55 pm »
what altitude do you sail at? i find sea level to be the most effective  Wink

Asuming that's a sensible question  :D ...

Sailing is all about pressure differentials.

Cold, warm or very humid air affects pressure considerably.

A couple of friends did a championship in South Africa on a lake somewhere up on the Highveld. Apparently the altitude made a big difference as the air was less dense. The windspeed was the same but the pressure was much less. Honest.  :)

Jim_77

« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2012, 10:30:33 pm »
Not wishing to labour the point because it isn't worth getting worked up over... but there are redirects left behind when a topic gets moved... it juts looks like the normal topic title but when you click on it you end up at the moved topic in its new destination.  The redirects are normally set to expire after 2 or 3 days or something.

Still holding my breath by the way!!!! ;D

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2012, 10:35:58 pm »
Jim where are the bubbles coming from?

The trouble with moving topics are that it buries it, I've moved topics on here and people have said that they have been deleted but they haven't only trouble is that some threads can be moved to a distance part of the forum as not to find.

Shaun

Jim_77

« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2012, 10:44:17 pm »
The volume of traffic on the carpet & upholstery section of CT is generally the sort of level that,  without any further posts, nothing would get pushed off page 1 within 24 hours... I'd expect more like 48 hours or more because a lot of posts are replies on existing topics rather than endless new topics started that get one reply and then die a death.

With redirects lasting at least 2 days you'd expect someone checking back regularly to be able to see the topic!

Failing that, ask!

john martin

« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2012, 10:52:45 pm »
 The topics were more general than ' troubleshooting and maintenance ' so moving them somewhere obscure is really a form of deleting  ...

also ' troubleshooting and maintenance ' is blocked to us outsiders   :'(
I'm sure its selectively censored anyway ...  i didn't spot the     ' another 6.6 up in smoke '    thread   :D

Jim_77

« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2012, 10:58:31 pm »
There is no "obscure" part of the forum!  Maybe the concept of a  "redirect" isn't getting through... a redirect stays in the same place a topic was started but links through to where it currently resides.  You could say it... what's the word?  Oh yes "Redirects" you to the topic.  Ah yes a good word I think.

Maybe you should provide your real name, business name, location and telephone number so you can register an account and see all of the forum... and gain a bit of credibility ;)

Holding my breath for two things at the same time now, double asphyxiation imminent!! ;D

john martin

« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2012, 11:17:56 pm »
There is no "obscure" part of the forum!  Maybe the concept of a  "redirect" isn't getting through... a redirect stays in the same place a topic was started but links through to where it currently resides.  You could say it... what's the word?  Oh yes "Redirects" you to the topic.  Ah yes a good word I think.

Maybe you should provide your real name, business name, location and telephone number so you can register an account and see all of the forum... and gain a bit of credibility ;)

Holding my breath for two things at the same time now, double asphyxiation imminent!! ;D

The names John  ???

As far as i remember the redirect stayed for a couple or hours and then both vanished ... perhaps robin or whoever mentioned it could back that up ... also the Alltec evolution thread vanished without redirect before reappearing next day ...

don't matter , it was all nonsense anyway  ;D

Robin Ray

« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2012, 08:36:21 am »
They did vanish. Then reappear after I enquired about it.

Any way its all been sorted now. Clean Talk is what it is, Even though I probably started things with this thread I think Its time to give up on the whole Clean Talk thing now its getting a bit boring. I'm sure there are a lot better things to talk about.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2012, 09:26:55 am »
Bet its all helped Cleantalk' s viewing figures ;D ;D

Jim_77

« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2012, 12:02:32 am »
The names John  ???
Mighty pleased to meet you

As far as i remember the redirect stayed for a couple or hours and then both vanished ...

To how many decimal places would you like the figure inputting, to redirect for "a couple of hours"?  You talk out of your backside mate!  This is the default setting and it's normally the case that either this setting is used or the time is increased to 2 or 3 days, to allow people time to come back to the forum and still find a topic.

perhaps robin or whoever mentioned it could back that up

I've got a better idea.... get Stu Clark to back you up on that, he's relatively unbiased as well!

... also the Alltec evolution thread vanished without redirect before reappearing next day ...

More rubbish!  None of those topics were deleted at any time!

Every time you  post, you discredit yourself a little more, revealing your agenda.  Always side-stepping questions as to your identity (and don't give me any of that Dublin rubbish ;) )

Won't be long before the cat's out of the bag :)

john martin

« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2012, 12:15:57 am »
really jim , thats what happened with the threads , how or why , its really not that important to me as to care less . im just reporting the facts .

As for the ' cat out of the bag '   if i wanted to hide , i'd be sitting behind a proxy ,
surely some of the mods here can confirm an irish IP  ....
I never gave my full details as i wanted to speak my mind without been pestered ...
if they find me .... they will be sooo  disappointed  , a normal CC is all i'v ever claimed to be .  :)

Jim_77

« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2012, 12:36:28 am »
No you're not reporting the facts because that didn't happen, you're being insidious.

Plenty of people speak their mind on forums and everyone knows their real name, location, business name etc... it's called having a pair of balls.

If you have conviction in what you say and believe in, you should have no problem in people knowing your real name or how to get hold of you. 

Wanting to remain anonymous reeks of something to hide ;) ;)

Doug Holloway

« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2012, 07:53:09 am »
Hi Guys

Time to calm this one down, we will all no doubt have our perspectives but it's got out of proportion.

Please can we stick with discussing the relative merits of the machines.

I am interested in whether the 6.6 motor is inherently less robust than the 5.7, which is the most reliable I have ever found in my Altec, almost 2000 hours and both vacs still going.

I had almost as many vacs as Stuart in my Excel, admittedly in about 2000 hours too.

Cheers

Doug

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2012, 07:54:45 am »
There are lots of 'members' that lurk on this forum how do you think nick gets to know what's happening?

Ive always said that c t removes posts and moves threads and have said it for years BUT it's their forum I can't be bothered to get into inter forum politics I just take all forums as a bit of fun and banter I'd suggest everyone else should do life's far too complicated without falling out over a computer screen.

Stay calm and carry on.

Shaun

john martin

« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2012, 09:11:15 pm »
Hi Guys

Time to calm this one down, we will all no doubt have our perspectives but it's got out of proportion.

Please can we stick with discussing the relative merits of the machines.

I am interested in whether the 6.6 motor is inherently less robust than the 5.7, which is the most reliable I have ever found in my Altec, almost 2000 hours and both vacs still going.

I had almost as many vacs as Stuart in my Excel, admittedly in about 2000 hours too.

Cheers

Doug

Thats a good question , and one i should probably stay well away from  :-X

There are so many variables it would be pure speculation to say ...
If its heat related you would imagine the triple vac machines with the same bodies would be hotter inside , so its likely the 6.6 has some heat tolerance issues .
just looking at the spec it spins about 4000 rpm more than the 5.7 , and has a couple of new patent  design features which might be a factor ?
Would have to run internal temp tests on any likely machine i suppose checking for heat spike areas etc , and working out best cooling systems  ,  forced cooling might be necessary .