This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

john martin

Re: Jag
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2012, 09:19:22 pm »
John;

You stated:   
"Steembrite tested the jag at 274 with the silencer on"

You will note that our web site states a figure of:  288

That is a difference of only 14 , which seems to anyone as being minimal. Therefore, IMHO, the Steembrite testing would be acceptable.

Your assumptions:

"
ED V's explanation  was the 230v version is more efficient , but when it was shown to him that the US/UK version has the same test spec from ameteks lab , and amp draw is the only difference , he had no answers" .

...respectfully is nothing more than horse manure once again. Were you aware that the 230v runs at 10,000 rpm's more?

I must say however obvious is appears, that you represent the competition very well, sir!

best to all;
Ed Valentine

No ones disputing your 288 figure  just the 325 , I simply choose the steambrite 274 as a more independent test figure . I would trust them over some guys u paid .

Both the 120v and 230v version have the same test specs from ametek  ,
139CFM  133"lift  and  646 airwatts .

How you end up at 325 from two 139's  is what Robin is asking here  ...

I believe he's awaiting your response    :)

Robin Ray

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2012, 11:42:00 pm »
I don't think I will be getting a response as two whole threads have now been deleted now on Clean Talk. I can only conclude there is no real explanation.

I'm sure the Jag is a great machine and very powerful. After all all those owners cant be wrong. But it can't perform the impossible. I must say I am a tad disappointed.

???

richie

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2012, 12:11:51 am »
no surprise that some threads have been deleted though is it :)

Russ Chadd

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2012, 12:58:10 am »
Hey Robin where are you based?
If you are anywhere in the Surrey area why not pop over and have a go with mine, then you can see for your self.

stuart_clark

« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2012, 08:29:40 am »
Robin
dont get me wrong mate the jaguar is a great machine whilst its going! I must admit i miss mine, but its not a reliable machine, so i had to bin it as i need reliability with my job

Russ
I can see why you have had no problems, with your machine! Cos its only your back up machine isnt it ? Dont you use a Prowler now as your full time machine ?

Robin Ray

« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2012, 08:31:33 am »
Well.. The posts have re appeared :D Which is good.

Russ, Thanks for the offer, I'm in Devon so Surrey is a but of a way for me, but I might pop in to Solutions next time I am down that way for a Surf.

Russ Chadd

« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2012, 09:47:52 am »
Robin
dont get me wrong mate the jaguar is a great machine whilst its going! I must admit i miss mine, but its not a reliable machine, so i had to bin it as i need reliability with my job

Russ
I can see why you have had no problems, with your machine! Cos its only your back up machine isnt it ? Dont you use a Prowler now as your full time machine ?

Up until recently the Jag was my primary machine, it has and still serves me very well and to be fair it has never failed on me, regardless of what pre spray i would use i would ALWAYS without fail use a de foamer, also simple maintenance on things like the auto pump out... keeping filters clean and lint free, adding a lint hog helped to keep my waste tank clean.
Storing the unit with the waste tank lid off would stop condensation forming in the tank, wrapping it up in a blanket when the weather turned cold and always running the vacs for a few minutes at the end of each job.
This is just routine machine care which i have carried out on all my HWE machines and not one of them has let me down in the past.
The prowler was purchased for several reasons, volume of work and type of work required a TM and i was on a budget, the Jag is still used for all my upholstery cleaning and for those jobs where a TM simply cant get to.

If equipment is properly cared for then you reduce the risk of it failing... simple

JandS

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2012, 10:54:28 am »
Wrapping a blanket round it when it's cold  ??? ???
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

richie

« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2012, 11:05:53 am »
many people during the colder months tend to put blankets or duvets over equipment.  I myself used to do it HOWEVER, it wont stop freezing from happening.  Blankets & duvets work in the same way.  They capture the heat from your body and hold it within.  So a cold machine will stay cold whereas a human body generates heat and this is what makes a blanket / duvet effective.  Its the same as loft insulation, Loft insulation traps the warm air and prevents it escaping through the roof.  Some people tend to lay loft boards over the top of insulation to store things.  This is a bad idea because when you put boards over the top of the insulation it flattens the insulation down this in turn prevents the insulation from trapping heat as effective as it would normally be able to.

Robin Ray

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2012, 02:58:40 pm »
Just an update on the Jag figures.

It seems in testing today by Nick the Jag with new internal plumbing to reduce heat produced 394.8 CFM which I do find impressive yet strange because of the figures quoted by Ametek. I will however say Nick stands by those figures and is having his metre tested, and I have herd some independent testing will take place which will settle matters. So we will wait and see.
It seems the 6.6 motor really has revolutionised the industry.

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2012, 03:23:57 pm »
with nearly 400 CFM I am sure there will be a lot of TM owners upgrading to Jags, I must say they are impressive figures if they can be confirmed and it does not include a booster vac. If they bench test @ 139 CFM x 2 that's 278 CFM so the Jag is developing  nearly 117 additional CFM, that's very impressive.

Andrew Briscoe

« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2012, 04:04:14 pm »
with nearly 400 CFM I am sure there will be a lot of TM owners upgrading to Jags, I must say they are impressive figures if they can be confirmed and it does not include a booster vac. If they bench test @ 139 CFM x 2 that's 278 CFM so the Jag is developing  nearly 117 additional CFM, that's very impressive.

I saw on CT that the JAG ran flat out at 8.5 HG
my TM produces that ticking over, then there are 2 further throttle settings,
most TM's run at 14-15 hg, almost double, I let my scorpion go recently,must say it was a fair machine that never let me down and was quite old as it was an upgraded recoil.

Wont be down grading machine from tm to portable anytime soon,

Paul Moss

« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2012, 05:55:09 pm »
 ;)

Russ Chadd

« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2012, 07:01:41 pm »
My machinery gets wrapped in blankets, the ply lining and roof of my van has been insulated and i have a heater in the back too.
Blankets are also used on all the equipment and chemicals in storage too.

Lewis Newby

« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2012, 07:17:16 pm »
Does hot or cold ambient air temperature or altitude make a difference?

Not as daft as you think. I know it makes a difference in sailing  ;)

what altitude do you sail at? i find sea level to be the most effective  ;)

lew

john martin

« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2012, 08:17:33 pm »
Just an update on the Jag figures.

It seems in testing today by Nick the Jag with new internal plumbing to reduce heat produced 394.8 CFM which I do find impressive yet strange because of the figures quoted by Ametek. I will however say Nick stands by those figures and is having his metre tested, and I have herd some independent testing will take place which will settle matters. So we will wait and see.
It seems the 6.6 motor really has revolutionised the industry.

This chap is either having a laugh or hes the worst instrumentation technician ever .

Hard to know whats behind this , in fairness to one of the CT guys , the JB chap , i felt he was distancing himself from the nonsense lately .
They need to recall the Jags to fix CA's poor plumbing and cooling issues , so perhaps this its all a ploy to get the disciples to pay for the recall on the pretense of it been a ' performance ' upgrade .

Ed V  himself is attracted to hype like a fly to horse $h!t  ,  but i think this 400cfm biz might be even a step too far for even him ... if he endorses it and gets back to the USA forums he knows he'll be a laughing stock .    :-X

Richard Cole

« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2012, 09:24:23 pm »

You certainly know your stuff John, just out of curiosity what machine do you have? :)
former carpet cleaner, now retired!

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2012, 09:29:00 pm »
John that's a bit harsh based on assuptions I like your no nonesense attitude challenging figures can stop manufacturers over stretching the truth but lets not start a witch hunt.

Shaun

john martin

« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2012, 09:45:04 pm »
John that's a bit harsh based on assuptions I like your no nonesense attitude challenging figures can stop manufacturers over stretching the truth but lets not start a witch hunt.

Shaun

Yes Shaun ,  I'll take that onboard .

Richard , a collection of older used machines mostly  , I'l buy /build something new / more powerful when i get time   :)