This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jim_77

Re: Jag
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2012, 01:19:07 am »
Still no balls in sight :)

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2012, 10:12:07 am »
Hi Guys

Time to calm this one down, we will all no doubt have our perspectives but it's got out of proportion.

Please can we stick with discussing the relative merits of the machines.

I am interested in whether the 6.6 motor is inherently less robust than the 5.7, which is the most reliable I have ever found in my Altec, almost 2000 hours and both vacs still going.

I had almost as many vacs as Stuart in my Excel, admittedly in about 2000 hours too.

Cheers

Doug

Thats a good question , and one i should probably stay well away from  :-X

There are so many variables it would be pure speculation to say ...
If its heat related you would imagine the triple vac machines with the same bodies would be hotter inside , so its likely the 6.6 has some heat tolerance issues .
just looking at the spec it spins about 4000 rpm more than the 5.7 , and has a couple of new patent  design features which might be a factor ?
Would have to run internal temp tests on any likely machine i suppose checking for heat spike areas etc , and working out best cooling systems  ,  forced cooling might be necessary .

I have been wondering about the new motors since this topic rared its head. But if it was the motors surely we would have heard about it on other machines fitted with the same motor.

I also wonder why a triple vac version is not made with the new motor

stuart_clark

« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2012, 10:12:37 am »
I personaly think that Jags problems could easily be rectified, if internal extraction fans were fitted

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2012, 10:27:49 am »
I've had no issues with the 6.6 vacs in my airflex, they are now a year in and have performed very well. I suspect someone will do a tripple 6.6, not quite enough room in some machines so it would mean case modifications for some.

stuart_clark

« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2012, 11:47:25 am »
Simon
Are there extraction fans buit into the Airflexs base? If there is IMHO I think thats where the Jag falls short! but yes its only time i think before a tripple 6.6 but it wont be a Jag as there is little enough room for two never mind three! I dont think the Altec could squeeze another one in either

tim handley

« Reply #65 on: September 29, 2012, 05:17:00 pm »
There are lots of 'members' that lurk on this forum how do you think nick gets to know what's happening?

Ive always said that c t removes posts and moves threads and have said it for years BUT it's their forum I can't be bothered to get into inter forum politics I just take all forums as a bit of fun and banter I'd suggest everyone else should do life's far too complicated without falling out over a computer screen.

Stay calm and carry on.

Shaun
do you mean keep calm and carry on???   just to remain historically correct!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #66 on: September 29, 2012, 05:28:04 pm »
Probably but cooling down is a must!

Shaun

john martin

« Reply #67 on: September 29, 2012, 07:11:02 pm »
Still no balls in sight :)

You also need those sometimes to admit you might be wrong  :D

john martin

« Reply #68 on: September 29, 2012, 07:12:52 pm »
I personaly think that Jags problems could easily be rectified, if internal extraction fans were fitted

Is there only the front vents !  I thought there was one at the rear somewhere , but don't see it in this vid  .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCfSmWk8hdE&feature=plcp

Yes , a $10 fan extracting heat would probably have prevented failure .

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2012, 09:58:27 pm »
Simon
Are there extraction fans buit into the Airflexs base? If there is IMHO I think thats where the Jag falls short! but yes its only time i think before a tripple 6.6 but it wont be a Jag as there is little enough room for two never mind three! I dont think the Altec could squeeze another one in either

Yes there's a big fan on one side, vents underneath and one the other side at the rear. To keep machines at a 'portable' size most would need to give up tank space to get them in or become much wider which would mean retooling moulds etc. A booster would be the easiest but just adds to set up time so i never bothered getting one.

john martin

« Reply #70 on: September 29, 2012, 10:39:00 pm »

Not fond of inline boosters either as they end up near where your working adding noise an clutter .  And they only increase cfm not lift .

A twin vac series booster like in this vid  , would add huge lift and not get in the way ,
they can be very small as they have no tanks , could run off one extension cord in this country .   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVIBnuq50h4

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2012, 11:51:15 pm »
John. The airflex does have a single port on the back for a booster so it would be behind your main machine or it could be inline as the norm. The one in the vid is interesting but I see it uses two ports. What happens if they are linked into a single port? I did toy with hooking an alltec pro plus into the airflex port just to see what happens ;D Though it's hardly practical as a usable solution. Perfectly happy as I am but if you have kit lying around and like a tinker it can be fun.

john martin

Re: Jag New
« Reply #72 on: September 30, 2012, 12:11:55 am »
John. The airflex does have a single port on the back for a booster so it would be behind your main machine or it could be inline as the norm. The one in the vid is interesting but I see it uses two ports. What happens if they are linked into a single port? I did toy with hooking an alltec pro plus into the airflex port just to see what happens ;D Though it's hardly practical as a usable solution. Perfectly happy as I am but if you have kit lying around and like a tinker it can be fun.

I'd say the back port on the airflex is more for easy connection to they're external exhaust more than for a booster ... if u connect your twin vac to that port u will get some lift increase but as both machines are parallel u will not get benefit of two motors as shown in the vid ...  you will if you just put a Y splitter between the two machines and just run them side by side .
In the mytee vid each motor in the main machine has a port from its exhaust ,  they are then connected to two more motors , so you have two in parallel in front connected to two in series behind ...
also the motors in the above are electro 5.7s hence the 300cfm ...  if u did that with two regular 5.7s u would get about  220 " lift and  230 cfm  or there about .

shows drop after long hose run , but still useable
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXeEa6MKLwA