This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

alanwilson

Re: just been stopped for no insurance!!
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2010, 09:46:56 pm »
richy, someone has already said it but check with the insurance company to see if they will reinstate the policy in order to post-cover you for the time you were caught driving the van.

its unfortunate for you mate and I'm sure many of us have had to take the word of a friend or business partner in the past that the insurance has been paid.

keep communicating with the insurance company and the cops to show that it really was unintentional and that you genuinely believed you were insured.

good luck old boy
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

East coast window cleaning Services

« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2010, 09:54:45 pm »
rich

You should be covered via your insurance on your car it maybe only thrid party but will get you out of trouble.
P&R Window Cleaning

ronnie paton

« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2010, 09:58:17 pm »
the vehcle has to be insured for you to be insured third party.

if vehicles isnt insured your insurance will not cover you

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2010, 09:58:44 pm »
the van ad no insurance keep up
got to have insurance on the van  ??? ???
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

richywilts

« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2010, 10:03:41 pm »

yeah an if carlsberg did bloody van insurance i wouldnt be in this bloody mess hahaha
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2010, 10:05:54 pm »
thats rite richy lol gud job im at hand
to help you get thru this mess hey lad did we get the golf place m8
or that office building  ;D ;D

East coast window cleaning Services

« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2010, 10:17:24 pm »
the van ad no insurance keep up
got to have insurance on the van  ??? ???

alright alright calm down  ;)
P&R Window Cleaning

mark dew

« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2010, 11:44:38 pm »
richy, you are screwed unless you get that insurance policy paid up. Screwed.
It doesn't matter what your story is. You are screwed without that insurance policy.
Every other thought on this is just dancing around the real issue.
You need that insurance policy resurrected.

Or you are screwed!!!!!  :)

« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2010, 11:49:40 pm »
Am I missing something here?

Can anyone direct me to an insurance company that will back date an insurance policy?

Can anyone direct me to an insurance company that will go out of its way to help someone who has defaulted on payments?

Is it me that's totally lost my grip on reality or is it some of you guys?

mark dew

« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2010, 12:05:09 am »
Am I missing something here?

Can anyone direct me to an insurance company that will back date an insurance policy?

Can anyone direct me to an insurance company that will go out of its way to help someone who has defaulted on payments?

Is it me that's totally lost my grip on reality or is it some of you guys?

You might be wally. He's not looking for a backdated policy. There was one in place already. The insurance policy might be suspended and not cancelled, due to non payment.
There is no accident at stake and the insurance company might be happy to continue  the policy if paid up.
It doesn't make a jot of difference to the insurance company whether he gets stopped or not. The lack of payment could be down to an admin issue. Like a letter sent to insurance company from richy (which they never received) stating the new bank details for the payments.
I do understand where you are coming from though. This is naivety in the extreme, bordering on stupidity and is hard to sympathise with.
But it doesn't mean there isn't a softer landing for him if he puts his own brain into gear instead of blaming someone else for his own mistake. Sorry richy, it had to be said.

Johnny B

« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2010, 12:32:11 am »
Rich, your friend needs to be truthful if you are to get out of this unscathed. I find it difficult to believe he didn't receive any notice from the insurers. They usually write more than once in cases like this, and not every letter is going to go astray, unless his address details are registered incorrectly. He needs to check what details the insurance company hold, or held, on the policy. He would, or should, know what is coming out of his bank account. If, as you say, he couldn't afford the payments, he cancelled the payments, and allowed you to drive it knowing it was uninsured.

Hope you can get it sorted, but get your friend to 'fess up.

John.
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

davids3511

« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2010, 04:50:04 pm »
Isn't it an offence to knowingly allow someone to drive your vehicle with no insurance?

What's the chances of his mate confessing and getting into trouble when hecouldn't be arsed to tell him there was no insurance in the first place?

3rd paragraph  - http://www.motoroffence.co.uk/services/insurance.php

Mike_G

« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2010, 04:54:48 pm »
iv been in touch with the insurance company today and been down the cop shop we didnt take policy out till november the 4th 2009 and i paid the initial £115 then ste was meant to pay the monthly installments, december 4th payment not made, they tried to contact him via phone and email, jan 4th 2009 payment not made, jan 8th they said they gave 7 days notice to pay 16th still no payment policy cancelled. he said no ones been in touch at all. the police said if i can prove that i really wasnt aware then i may get away with it.weve borrowed the van to a friend since feb to end of march n he wasnt pulled he said he'l write a letter etc if need be, im goin to visit a solicitor tmoz see wat they can do to help.

i had been asking ste if the payments had been made n he said yeah i think so.

If your mate who borrowed the van writes a letter to say he used as well and thought the van was insured he might well end up with a summons as well!

South Coast Cleaning Services

« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2010, 05:30:54 pm »
I would of thought even if someone is not earning a lot of money the insurance of a business vehicle has to be a priority as its what you use to earn you money for all your other bills, I know dates and amounts of every direct debit that comes out of my bank, along with my mortgage my insurasnce is just as important.

Dave Willis

« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2010, 06:18:26 pm »
Um, surely there are two people here that are likely to get done for no insurance? If you aren't covered then your mate certainly is not either?

WCE

« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2010, 06:49:31 pm »
Something is not right here.
 AFAIK the police don't give out producers for insurance anymore. One of the reasons they started using the database was because under the producer system there was a chance that someone who was stopped on suspision of no insurance was given 7 days to produce the Docs. The trouble from the polices point of view was that if the person did have no insurance (and in a lot of cases no licence) they were effectively sent on the way with 7 days where it was possible for them to drive around with out fear of punishment (as if you had a producer it would be pointless to issue a second.) If someone got injured or even killed by an uninsured driver that the police had just sent on his way then I am sure questions would be asked and the police potentially held liable for not preventing the offender from driving and any subsequent incident hence why the legislation was tightened up to allow cars to be confiscated and producers done away with.

Either the police believes that you were covered to drive the van or something else as gone on as you wouldn't be getting a producer these days rather the van impounded and 14 days from that to provide evidence (which it is unlikely you have if it isn't on the database). 
WCE- For Windows that shine everytime!

richywilts

« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2010, 10:21:15 pm »
anyone know if id get away with just takin the policy in and acting dumb or do they check on the computer system
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2010, 10:28:54 pm »
it get checked n double checked m8
esp now they av traffic act 165 siezing ya motors like  >:( >:(

karygate

« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2010, 07:39:18 am »
i took mine in once. they just looked at it and passes it me back. go on a sat morning five minutes before closing like our police station is
gary

LWC

« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2010, 02:21:02 pm »
You could try that with your papers mate. If i handnt of been honest in the police station i doubt i wouldve got in trouble. They check the papers like they do when your applying for tax. Try it and see.