This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: just been stopped for no insurance!!
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2010, 05:15:00 pm »
With a driving ban and a speeding conviction under your belt, I guess the roads will be a bit safer without you on them.

Alistair@AWC

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2010, 05:17:02 pm »
A bit harsh Wally, this guy could lose his livelihood because he trusted a friend!

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2010, 05:18:12 pm »
I can't understand how you got to keep your van ???

So they let you drive off again un-insured??

East coast window cleaning Services

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2010, 05:32:22 pm »
With a driving ban and a speeding conviction under your belt, I guess the roads will be a bit safer without you on them.

Bit harsh fella aint it????

where they pull ya??
P&R Window Cleaning

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2010, 05:50:20 pm »
got any motor trader m8s to say u were
doing a bit ov valeting for them  ;)
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

Ryan @ Transparent, Carlisle

« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2010, 07:56:24 pm »
just a note on this subject

Insurance companies will not "void" policies without notice, even if you fail to keep up payments

LWC

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2010, 08:31:53 pm »
Sorry mate, 6 points coming your way, IN10 and be prepared for people to refuse to insure you. You could possibly have a fine to of at least £250.

I know this because 6 years ago i drove my dads car as you under the impression i was insured as i insured 2 vehicles fully comp in my name and thought i was covered. I got the points and the annoying refusals!

Sorry bud, just the way it goes. But has taught me a lesson, i will never drive anyones vehicles, not even sit in their seat.

daz1977

« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2010, 08:32:43 pm »
could of been worse mate, u could of ran someone over then found out u had no insurance,

look on bright side, u still got van,  employ some one to drive and get them insursed and carry on with ur business and dont trust anyone

davids3511

« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2010, 08:41:06 pm »
A bit harsh Wally, this guy could lose his livelihood because he trusted a friend!
He's already had one ban and was 3 points short of another one when he is now about to get 6 more. If his livelyhood was that important to him he would take more care. Harsh I know but I would never put myself in this position, I've had 3 points in 14 years of uk driving. I know that if I had done a retest and only had elbow room of 6 points I would not have got 3 points for speeding.

I am sure he is a great guy and a decent fella but what about those he is sharing the road with. He owes them a bit more responsibility and care.

Mike_G

« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2010, 08:49:01 pm »
Check your insurance and see if you are allowed to drive another vehicle with the owners permission, most insurances used to do this as standard but they have phased it out over the past few years. Check both your car and van policies just incase one or the other has it. My van insurance only allows me in my van but the wifes policy on her car allows her to drive any other vehicle it all depends on the insurance company.  I agree with some of the other comments it does seem very strange that they let you keep the van normally they wouldn't let you back in it, so make sure the van isn't insured thru your mate because police databases are not always correct.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2010, 08:53:15 pm »
really feel for you mate.   Makes you think though after something like this for the reast of us.  Check ya paperwork.  I just made a call to my insurance for my partners car to include for business use for the times my vehicle is off the road.  Cost me £15, small pprice really.

Sorry again.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2010, 08:57:53 pm »
He's already had one ban and was 3 points short of another one when he is now about to get 6 more. If his livelyhood was that important to him he would take more care. Harsh I know but I would never put myself in this position, I've had 3 points in 14 years of uk driving. I know that if I had done a retest and only had elbow room of 6 points I would not have got 3 points for speeding.

I am sure he is a great guy and a decent fella but what about those he is sharing the road with. He owes them a bit more responsibility and care.
he is a descent guy a gud lad its his m8s fault end ov
i no both guys personally n richy will learn a valuable lesson fr this
he'll no who is m8s r if i av to work along side him , if he gets banned i will
 help the lad all i can cuz i no he'd do same 4 me  :D :D

richywilts

« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2010, 09:20:06 pm »
iv been in touch with the insurance company today and been down the cop shop we didnt take policy out till november the 4th 2009 and i paid the initial £115 then ste was meant to pay the monthly installments, december 4th payment not made, they tried to contact him via phone and email, jan 4th 2009 payment not made, jan 8th they said they gave 7 days notice to pay 16th still no payment policy cancelled. he said no ones been in touch at all. the police said if i can prove that i really wasnt aware then i may get away with it.weve borrowed the van to a friend since feb to end of march n he wasnt pulled he said he'l write a letter etc if need be, im goin to visit a solicitor tmoz see wat they can do to help.

i had been asking ste if the payments had been made n he said yeah i think so.
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2010, 09:21:51 pm »
iv been in touch with the insurance company today and been down the cop shop we didnt take policy out till november the 4th 2009 and i paid the initial £115 then ste was meant to pay the monthly installments, december 4th payment not made, they tried to contact him via phone and email, jan 4th 2009 payment not made, jan 8th they said they gave 7 days notice to pay 16th still no payment policy cancelled. he said no ones been in touch at all. the police said if i can prove that i really wasnt aware then i may get away with it.weve borrowed the van to a friend since feb to end of march n he wasnt pulled he said he'l write a letter etc if need be, im goin to visit a solicitor tmoz see wat they can do to help.

i had been asking ste if the payments had been made n he said yeah i think so.
do u want ma cousins num she a barrister lad  ;D ;D

Proclean ne

« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2010, 09:26:19 pm »
Every fully comp van insurance i have had over the years has not let me drive another van 3rd party car yes but not van?

richywilts

« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2010, 09:31:17 pm »
why didnt they take it off you at the side of the road, if you had no insurance they would of took it,  did they think you was insured give you a produced, u have gone to get ur insurnace and then ste said he has no insurance

because it was late at nite and i think the fact they believed my story n the fact that i wouldnt drive uninsured 400miles intentionally luckily i had just renewed the insurance on my new car the nite before and had the confirmation email on my blackberry so they gave me a producer to see what i could arrange, they could see that i had fully comp insurance etc
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richywilts

« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2010, 09:32:40 pm »
sod this im gna go n c mr loophole who celebritys use!!!
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2010, 09:33:02 pm »
hope u get this sorted m8 ;D

richywilts

« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2010, 09:34:05 pm »

Bit harsh fella aint it????

where they pull ya??

i got caught in staffordshire ricky bout 50miles from home
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2010, 09:37:26 pm »
staffs bobbies r the worst jus ask dean tab lol ;D ;D