This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

fitness for window cleaning......!
« on: April 04, 2010, 05:37:01 pm »
im 38 years old and been window cleaning for 16 years.i no longer drink anymore(3 and a half years sober)and i stopped smoking for 13 months a while a go but started again a few months ago! ::)

im planning on stopping again from tommorow one day at a time and start a bit of light swimming again and eating a bit better.do any of you guys do anything to improve your health to keep up with your workload?

im feeling pretty unhealthy and all of my 38 years today! ::) ::)

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

L.U.K.E

Re: fitness for window cleaning......!
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 05:46:58 pm »
Hi Dazmond,

Good Luck to you on quiting smoking. I have tried to do this many times and always failed.
Then I tried the NHS Stop Smoke and gave up using tablets called Champix, This worked for me
and I have now been off the smokes for a year.

Good Luck... :) :)

Luke..

jonnyald

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 05:50:57 pm »
ive only been a w/c 2 years but now the sheer workloads forced me to rethink .  my legs are no problem but my mid bod is too damn big  meaning my back ached at night and morning .

a week ago i started running even though a few years back i was told my knees were wore out prematurely . ive ran every day since last week ,determined to shed weight and cope with the work ahead

im running on grass verges /beach and not on the road ,so i dont pound my joints , about 30minutes a day and boy i feel better for it

first day though i puffed like an old steam engine !!

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 05:59:53 pm »
well done jonny keep it up!running is not for me though with my knees!i like swimming and maybe i should walk a bit more!

as i will be changing over to wfp soon my knees should be a bit better and hopefully ill manage to fit in a bit more exercise to get me in shape!i could do with losing a few stone! ::) ::)

best wishes

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 06:52:59 pm »
 ;D luke is right my friend took these and they are good she smoked heavey now stopped  :o
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2010, 06:56:50 pm »
Sticking to grass is good for your knees just dont make the mistake of increasing distance to quick or to fast. Good luck.keep it up.

Tom White

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2010, 06:57:49 pm »
Champix made me severely depressed for two days (I've never suffered with 'real' depression before); I couldn't see the point in living, I was glued to the sofa and didn't want anyone to bother with me.

Wor Lass suggested I stopped taking the tablets!  ;D  Within a couple of days, I was back to my old miserable (but not depressed) self!

People have committed suicide, attributable to Champix, and in Canada (I think it is) the company that makes these tablets are getting taken to court because of suicides.

Champix isn't the magic bullet when it comes to smoking, but if you've got no history of depression (like myself) you should be okay.  If you have got a history of depression; they may not give you the prescription.

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2010, 07:15:49 pm »
how dare you omg that makes me so angry starting a thread about window cleaning fitness just when im tucking into my third easter egg ;D

Sean Dyer

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2010, 07:37:39 pm »
im not a smoker

like a drink though and despite various new years plans to curb it alot, am back drinking as regularly as before

on my 3rd bud as we speak lol

im not someone who drinks heavy but i will drink often and is probably more than the recommended daily amount ! But i am gonna try stop for a month or so now and then try re introduce it just as weekend thing, maybe im dependant? only one way to see

however i am quite healthy do alot of bike riding off road, lad who works with me is supposedly fit and healthy but i athrash him up hill and at lasting longer on the bike, but the drink causes me too hold weight so its for the better if i sack it i think

biking is good for you though daz and loads of fun give it a go

paul rulton

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2010, 07:42:01 pm »
ive just joined the local gym where i clean the windys  :)
went in there yesterday morn  ;D
filping heck iam hurting like  :-X 2day  :P
& thats supposed 2b good 4 ya   ???  im knackered  :P :P :P

prestige cleaners

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2010, 08:31:18 pm »
hi daz, i smoked a bit when i was young, (mainly hash)  and took a lot of drugs, but havent taken any thing for 10 yrs now, (im 35 next month) and i feel so much better. the smell of fAgs now makes me feel sick. but i motorcycle a lot now, (get my high from that) and mountain bike. so that keeps me fit and is fun at the same time.

try and keep at it, you will feel better, age less, less chance of getting cancer, and more money.

i do like a whisky and coke on a weekend though, but not too much i hope.

i am addicted to chocolate though, which im trying to contain!  :(

bravo20

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2010, 08:43:26 pm »
Hi Daz

I gave up the cigs 8 years ago, no pills, no patches, just will power. Not easy, I had smoked since 13 years old, stopped at 40 with no stops in between. When you feel like a cig, say to yourself I'll have one in  5 minutes, it never comes, you'll either be busy doing something else or have forgotten. Craving will come back in half hour or so, but just say to yourself 5 minutes again. Try it, you'll be surprised.
Still like a drink though, think that would be harder to give up completely.

Good luck.

John

Frankybadboy

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2010, 09:21:07 pm »
 i give up drinking back in august. :o :o :o :o i didnt know when to stop.

i go to the gym twice a week to do toning with weights.and i run between 5-8 miles a night mon-thursday,on sat or sunday i do a 10 mile. :o :o
i run  afew half marthons and planning to run london 2011

prestige cleaners

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2010, 10:17:34 pm »
hi daz, i smoked a bit when i was young, (mainly hash)  and took a lot of drugs, but havent taken any thing for 10 yrs now, (im 35 next month) and i feel so much better. the smell of f*gs now makes me feel sick. but i motorcycle a lot now, (get my high from that) and mountain bike. so that keeps me fit and is fun at the same time.

try and keep at it, you will feel better, age less, less chance of getting cancer, and more money.

i do like a whisky and coke on a weekend though, but not too much i hope.

i am addicted to chocolate though, which im trying to contain!  :(

why one earth did someone asterix my post? is it a swear word now or something?  ???

Sean Dyer

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2010, 11:44:48 pm »
it can be a deregatory term for a homosexual  :o  :-*

prestige cleaners

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2010, 01:09:06 am »
yes but i wasnt using it in that context? some people  ::)

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2010, 07:32:36 am »
STAY AWAY FROM THE GOLDEN ARCHES... ;D ;D ;D

Eat a proper breakfast and lunch so you don't get tempted by burger vans, or haribo sweets.
These are messages to my self  ;D

Londoner

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2010, 08:35:50 am »
it can be a deregatory term for a homosexual  :o  :-*

Is that because you put them in your mouth and suck?

I ache and pull muscles all the time. Its just my age, I've spent the last three days laying a wood floor and three days on your knees bending forward really kills. Its what your body is used to.

Sean Dyer

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2010, 09:24:11 am »
yes but i wasnt using it in that context? some people  ::)

I know mate , wasnt saying you were

Just explaining why the software has asterixed your post, it doesnt understand the context or the point of what you are saying it just asterixes predetermined obscenities :)

John Walker

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2010, 10:04:11 am »

If you are planning to keep up the running it might be worth investing in a pair of the air cushioned running shoes.  I have a Nike pair and as well as being incredibly light they are so easy on the knees - makes running a real joy now.  Bought them cheap on Ebay brand new.
BaxWalker Window Cleaning