Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

clive ware

Re: Big job in South Need CCs for next week
« Reply #100 on: February 14, 2010, 02:19:56 pm »
What`s CLEAN?

JandS

« Reply #101 on: February 14, 2010, 03:53:03 pm »
Masons only cleaner.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #102 on: February 14, 2010, 04:02:14 pm »
Hi Art,
I think I've spoken to you, or was it Andre from Art of Clean about radio advertising. I know you guy's have done some of it as have we with  mixed results.
Yes, I have muted the idea of national advertising campaigns in the past and the last time it was discussed we contacted an Advertising Agency in London and put the very basics to them, that the carpet cleaning industry in this country is made up of approximately 7,500 individual companies serving around 25% of the population and we wanted to embark on a national advertising campaign to raise awareness of carpet cleaning, give us a ball park figure of how much that might cost. Answer, minimum £150,000 and that was just for a short tester campaign on TV and it would be around half that for national radio. Either way big money, all of which needed to be followed by follow-on campaign to keep carpet cleaning in the minds of the public on a regular basis.
Clearly this just was not going to happen - fullstop.

In America the market was cracked in th 80's by I think it was Sears, a huge company who got into carpet cleaning and had the resources to go national with it. The result of that was a huge increase in carpet cleaning activity which encouraged others into the market with yet more TV ad's and more awareness.

We need something like that to happen in this country. None of us as individual companies, nor the NCCA, or CLEAN have the resources or are ever likely to have the resources to do this and that is why it is only ever talked about.

Simon

derek west

« Reply #103 on: February 14, 2010, 04:13:33 pm »
8 week tv campaign concentrating on daytime tv such as loose women j kyle etc is £250,000. plus dale wintons fee  ;D

£200 mem fee just won't cut it.

£1000 mem fee with £50 per month ongoing would cover a full years campaign and with only 250 members.

wonder if T.A.C.C.A. could get 250 truckmounters together and promote truckmount carpet cleaning to the nation.

"CAN YOU DIG IT? CAAAAAAN YOOOOUUUUUUUU DIIIIIIIIIIG ITTTTTTTTT" ;D

Len Gribble

« Reply #104 on: February 14, 2010, 05:03:13 pm »
Derek

One of the best gang films going, think he lasted 5minites. ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Art

« Reply #105 on: February 14, 2010, 05:14:03 pm »
The warriors...poor sirus  ;D

derek west

« Reply #106 on: February 14, 2010, 05:17:03 pm »
"tacca members, come out to play-eee-ayyyyy" showing me age now, can't believe theres not been a remake.

baseball furies rock

Dave Carver

« Reply #107 on: February 14, 2010, 05:51:44 pm »
More like the mafia than masons Jan.

Been cleaning in the states for years, only thing is its half the price over there for work.

As CLEAN themselves admit, its an 'association' for newbies run by a President with 2 years experience in the industry.

The past was erased, the erasure was forgotten, the lie became truth - George Orwell, 1984

garyhumphreys

« Reply #108 on: February 14, 2010, 05:53:57 pm »
Whats better?  To be a paid up member of C.L.E.A.N. or not be a fully paid up member of C.L.E.A.N...................... theres only one way to find out ..............Fi.......

elliott cleaning

« Reply #109 on: February 14, 2010, 10:13:52 pm »

... run by a President with 2 years experience in the industry.

Dave
Many extremely successful corporation throughout the world are run by 'presidents'  imported without a great deal of experience in the company's particular field.
The expertise of a president lies in organising the minions at hand & overseeing the recruitment of the right ones if required. Both talents different from being an expert in the product or service the company offers

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #110 on: February 14, 2010, 11:18:51 pm »
Do you think Adam Crozier deliverd post when he was top of the Royal Mail? actually he's now taking the job at ITV do you think he may do light entertainment?

Shaun

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #111 on: February 15, 2010, 09:08:02 am »
Well it looks like an apology is due. Despite me saying that I didn't think job existed and that it was likely a ruse on the part of the CLEAN people to create interest in their new association. In actual fact the job does exist on a cruise ship called Boudicca in Southampton and so I apologies unreservedly for any offence caused.

Boudicca has had problems with Noro Virus lately and this mass clean might be something to do with that. If so, I would urge everyone involved to make sure that they wash all of their clothing and scrub themselves down very thoroughly indeed. And wash down all equipment used on the ship before taking into another customers house. Theoretically you should not work in another public place, including customers homes etc  for at least 48 hours afterwards. Norovirus is a very virulent and particularly unpleasant illness.

Simon

jasonl

« Reply #112 on: February 15, 2010, 09:52:51 am »
Do you think Adam Crozier deliverd post when he was top of the Royal Mail? actually he's now taking the job at ITV do you think he may do light entertainment?

Shaun

No he does not , all the light entertainers in this country are on CIU

http://www.yourholidayclaims.co.uk/blog/2010/01/norovirus-outbreak-on-boudicca-cruise.html

I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Joe H

« Reply #113 on: February 15, 2010, 01:06:32 pm »
Geoff,
Thats quiet good.  ;D ;D

mark shannon

« Reply #114 on: February 15, 2010, 01:06:40 pm »
Steve hope your getting a similar salary package to Adam Crozier ;)

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #115 on: February 15, 2010, 06:39:21 pm »
I wasn't going to bother posting tonight as I am knackered, having just got back from Southampton after what was a very hard but very successful project.

I'm not one for blowing my own trumpet, however as my credentials have been called into question by someone I dont even know (or do I ?), I thought I would give you some background to my experience.

I attended my first Prochem 2 day training course and 1 day upholstery course in 1996, being taught by the much respected Ron Tilley. 2 weeks after that I purchased my first portable - a Prochem Steameasy 400 which cost £1700 with wand, hoses etc; a lot of money then for what we now know is an underpowered machine.

Carpet cleaning was an add-on service for my carpet supply and fit clients, however I was cleaning something virtually every week.

3 years ago I decided to concentrate all my efforts into creating a stand alone carpet cleaning business, so I updated all my training and equipment and now here I am.

I am an LTT trained leather technician and an IICRC certified firm, certified in 3 disciplines and NCCA trained.

I've been in the carpet industry since I was 19, I'm 48 next month, so nearly 30 years. I've been supplying and fitting carpets ever since and I was trained at the Brintons factory.

So despite what Mr.Dave Carver says, if indeed that is his name, I have a fair few years experience, certainly more than some and equally not as much as others.

As I say, not blowing my own trumpet, just don't care for people casting doubts about me.

Steve

richie

« Reply #116 on: February 15, 2010, 07:39:24 pm »
Hi Simon,
One thing for sure....if the 23 x 2 man teams didnt know about the Noro Virus they do now. This type of job will require strict H&S.  I really do hope that any CCs that are on site de-contaminate ALL the equipment used.  In fact they are better off de-contaminating EVERYTHING that is in the van used or not on the job.  Plus i hope they dont do any other work for 48 hours.  This is not the type of job that i would want to go on.  Will the ships electric supply cope with over 20 portable extractors running?  Maybe they have hired a very large generator to use.

Richie.

« Reply #117 on: February 15, 2010, 07:53:33 pm »
I would urge everyone involved to make sure that they wash all of their clothing and scrub themselves down very thoroughly indeed. And wash down all equipment used on the ship before taking into another customers house.

Done, done and done.
A very hard days work as Steve mentioned but equally great to meet the people behind the faces on here and other forums.
Found a problem with my super scorpian.....it was too strong for some of the weak electrics on board. what can only be described as a ship that has seen better days :o

Richie, you're making it sound like people were all over the place hanging over the side of the ship throwing up. All the people I saw (passengers going off the ship and staff still on it) all looked very helathy.
Yes there were signs that obviously there had been concerns because therer were bottles of hand sanitisers everywhere. Plus all the rooms and corridors were being fogged to kill any bugs and mattresses and soft furnishings were being sprayed too.
If the ship had been in that bad a condition health wise then I doubt it have been allowed to take on new passengers for it's departure tonight.

Colin Day

« Reply #118 on: February 15, 2010, 09:49:34 pm »
Hi Simon,
One thing for sure....if the 23 x 2 man teams didnt know about the Noro Virus they do now. This type of job will require strict H&S.  I really do hope that any CCs that are on site de-contaminate ALL the equipment used.  In fact they are better off de-contaminating EVERYTHING that is in the van used or not on the job.  Plus i hope they dont do any other work for 48 hours.  This is not the type of job that i would want to go on.  Will the ships electric supply cope with over 20 portable extractors running?  Maybe they have hired a very large generator to use.

Richie.

Don't worry your pretty little head ;D ;D ;D

Karen Waterworth

« Reply #119 on: February 15, 2010, 10:10:39 pm »
Richie, you're making it sound like people were all over the place hanging over the side of the ship throwing up. All the people I saw (passengers going off the ship and staff still on it) all looked very helathy.
Yes there were signs that obviously there had been concerns because therer were bottles of hand sanitisers everywhere. Plus all the rooms and corridors were being fogged to kill any bugs and mattresses and soft furnishings were being sprayed too.
If the ship had been in that bad a condition health wise then I doubt it have been allowed to take on new passengers for it's departure tonight.

Have you ever been on a ship? that ship will set sail, i have been on a ship before when a dead body was being taken off and the ropes where untied before the boby was on the dock. Also been on board when most of the passengers and staff where being sick in front of your feet and other stuff was leaving their bodys before they could get to the toilet. we got off that same day it set sail, the next week it was on the news and holidays from hell.  Simon is correct he knows what he is talking about when it comes to this sort of thing.
ps when it comes to this illness the passengers that are able to walk off the ship are the lucky ones. the others are still on the toilet