Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Karen Waterworth

Re: Big job in South Need CCs for next week
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2010, 07:26:09 am »

How can you quote for a BIG job before you know how much each of the independent cc’s charge? Insurance costs must be great (46 personnel) OMG all the tea bags, paying for a person to stand by the trip switch all day (don’t forget to send them a cup of tea) May be it is a non profit org.
Good luck to pete, hope all the cc’s read your risk assessment and don’t trip on all them electric cords,
Again best of luck don’t for get the headache/migraine tables.

derek west

« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2010, 08:05:48 am »
my guess, out of season caravan park.

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2010, 08:36:06 am »
Why such a big secret it not as if we are going to try and steal the work Pete. Just interested in what you have managed to secure.

Cheers Tony
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

Art

« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2010, 10:54:41 am »
Good luck with the  job Pete  :)

Ignore the knockers on here mate...you know what some of the forums are like  ;)

Michael Smallwood

« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2010, 10:57:37 am »
Please keep the posts coming, this is better than a soap opera! :D

Good luck with the job Pete.
Mike Smallwood

www.mascleaning.com

Paul Redden Countryfresh

« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2010, 11:04:09 am »
Ok children....Fay nightes  ::)
"So basically its a big vax!"

JandS

« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2010, 11:06:10 am »
Good thinking Derek.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

JandS

« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2010, 11:08:13 am »
What's Simon's website called??

John

Dennis

richie

« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2010, 03:36:49 pm »
Art,
Look at the way this thread was started, bare minimum amount of information and 23 teams of 2 required at short notice.  Does that really sound like a well prepared job to you?  OK more info given upon calling Peter but still the job reuired so many people and only a week to find personel to do the job.  With that kind of information there was always going to be people voicing their opinion.  As this is a OPEN forum EVERYONE has a right to comment. Certain bad / negative comments should only be seen on a positive note.  These type of comments can & will help prepare for future BIG jobs. 

Richie.

Art

« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2010, 04:20:14 pm »
Hi Ritchie,

There's to many assumptions. Maybe CLEAN only got the go ahead with little notice.

I stopped reading the posts word for word a couple of pages back. It just seems that when ever anyone tries to do anything positive, out come the knockers.

Cleaners were being offered the chance to make money.

Anyone that was interested had nothing to lose and the ones who weren't interested or weren't selected, decided to look for faults...and by the way that wasn't directed at anyone in specific.

Your right it is an open forum and everyone has a right to comment ....people might want to sit back and think about how much work these guys have put into getting clean off the ground and either support it or at least cut them a bit of slack.

Arthur

jasonl

« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2010, 06:51:29 pm »
Setting up a team of 46 cleaners is very easy , maintaining the standards is easy too, I have  cleaned jos with 200 people before now ,, , you just need the right structure ,, one supervisor  for every 6-8 people , all supervisors report to manager .   Everyone inducted in methods and Health and Safety , and away you go.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

colin thomas

« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2010, 07:31:39 pm »
derek, are you back?

;) :D
colin thomas

Ricky M

« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2010, 07:32:28 pm »
Setting up a team of 46 cleaners is very easy , maintaining the standards is easy too, I have  cleaned jos with 200 people before now ,, , you just need the right structure ,, one supervisor  for every 6-8 people , all supervisors report to manager .   Everyone inducted in methods and Health and Safety , and away you go.

well put Jas, its about being organised highly motivated and having the balls to push for it ( and paper work !! )  . nice result pete ya southen fairy git  ;D ;)

www.ability1975.co.uk
                          www.carpetcleaninguttoxeter.co.uk  
              NCCA !? but why have non of my clients herd of them ??

Dave_Lee

« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2010, 08:32:24 pm »
It wouldn't surprise me at all if Pete knew most of those that have been chosen to carry out the job, from the CCDO forum, so will have a good idea of who he is dealing with.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

gwrightson

« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2010, 08:01:25 am »

one little thing keeps niggling me about this thread :-\

Alot of c/c at short notice, ok not immpossible, but what i cannot quite work out is , If so many are needed and all have to be compatant/trained insured and all the other criteria for the job, how come all of these c/c are available at such notice ? Do they just drop ever thing and forget about own custys ?
Surly, most established decent c/c have work booked in , dont they ?
How come they are all suddenly they are avaiable ?
Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Helen

« Reply #76 on: February 13, 2010, 08:15:06 am »
Don't believe everything you read on here about people being fully booked up for the next 3 months ;) there's an awful lot of 'bigging up' that goes on from some on forums.
And just perhaps CC'ers have been offered more for this single opportunity than what they already had booked, wouldn't you move your 2 or 3 smaller jobs and take the big one?

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #77 on: February 13, 2010, 08:17:46 am »
Geoff if a big job came in for you how would you go about it?

You'd twist, turn, move and shuffle other jobs just like those that do fire and flood have to with their domestic work.

Shaun

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #78 on: February 13, 2010, 09:21:13 am »
What troubles me is that people like Shaun who is based in Sheffield is going to drive all the way down south, passing the front doors and places of business of CC'ers local to the job, people who are every bit as capable as he of doing the work and may need the work far more than he does. Is this the way that all CLEAN jobs are going to be distributed, where the founding members and directors, ex or otherwise, get their noses in the trough first and only the jobs that aren't so lucrative get passed down the food chain?
This is one of the reasons why a pseudo-franchise operation like this won't work, because there will always be winners and losers and the losers will still be expected to pay into the system regardless of the fact that others are gaining the business.
There is a far simpler way of doing things, one where the Association doesn't see it's role as that of directly generating work for its members, but helps secure work for it's members by building credibility and prestige into the public persona of the Association and thereby boosting the credibility of the individual member in the eyes of his customer. This is something that can be done and it won't just benefit some of the members, but all of the members.
As it stands now some people will gain work from the association and I would suggest the vast majority will not and that reality may well doom the whole project.

Simon

JandS

« Reply #79 on: February 13, 2010, 10:49:12 am »
Presuming this job has got to be done on one certain day.
46 cc's all turn up on this same day at the same time?
1 goes sick, one's porty don't work, 2 stuck in traffic and 1 van breaksdown on the way.
Then what?

John