Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

steve cardy

Re: Big job in South Need CCs for next week
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2010, 08:40:18 pm »
Although they do not have any paid up members as yet as you say they havnt run a course they do have a find a cleaner section on cleans website so they must have some founder members.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2010, 09:11:09 pm »
Tony,
But only a few posts ago on this very subject, Doug Holloway said this; 'Clean has a lot of positive energy.' Which is hardly a denial that this is a CLEAN job, or at least it would be if it were for real.

Mark,
You can call me a D H if you like, it doesn't make you look very big though, especially as everyone reading your remarks knows that unlike me, you have no direct experience of what the hell you are talking about, but if you do, why not share it with us instead of making moronic comments about someone you don't even know.
I do jobs worth tens of thousands of £'s, some so big in value that many of you would happy accept them as a years takings, so I do know what I am talking about. And let me tell you this, there are few and far between jobs on the scale suggested on this topic that are thrown together at the very last minute and then miraculously land in the laps of the people who started CLEAN.

Simon

richie

« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2010, 09:31:46 pm »
It would appear that this BIG job has been thrown together regarding getting teams of CCs to complete it.  If i were to take on a job that required 20+ teams of 2 to complete i would at the very least want to make sure that everyone involved had a set standard that would be worked to, using the same chemicals and CC machines that were of a certain standard.  Is this the way this BIG job ahs been put together? Does Peter know each & every CC that will be on site and does he know that the whole job will be completed to the same standard with EVERY CC working on it?  As Simon has said, it appears that this has not even been thought about, just simply advertised on a CC forum for ANYONE to call & join the team. 

Has this now turned into a heated debate because Peter decided to attack one of my posts and got all defensive for NO REASON instead of reading it properly.....thats the way it seems to me.  Some people on here have purely added some constructive comments and concerns about certain things and its all blown up.....WHY????  If you dont want people to add comments that may or may not be to your liking then i suggest you dont use OPEN forums.  People like Simon who have massive experience with BIG jobs have a wealth of knowledge and im sure would be only to pleased to give advice on how to manage such a big job however, verbally attacking him is not the right way to go about it is it!

Richie.

Mark Lawrence

« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2010, 09:39:18 pm »
I do jobs worth tens of thousands of £'s, some so big in value that many of you would happy accept them as a years takings

Simon

Thats nice, so we are purely grateful of your presence I presume? Hey guys there's nothing like making all of us 'normal' cc's seem small and stupid is there  ::)

Mark

p.s. Richie  So how do all the NCCA members justify their work - being part of an organisation??? Everyone uses different machines, and know how etc - but that doesnt stop them being part of that organisation an promoting that fact does it.

ANSWER THAT!

richie

« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2010, 09:48:27 pm »
Mark

You obviously have severe communication problems which need addressing.  I will answer your question plain and simple...  I am NOT talking about NCCA or CLEAN or ANY other organisation.  My comment was regarding the BIG job that required CCs.  I NEVER mentioned anything about any organisation or anything about promoting one. 

If people with attitude such as yours are going to be on this BIG job then im glad that i am not have anything to do with it. 

Richie.

elliott cleaning

« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2010, 09:50:24 pm »
Mark
Being part of an association is one thing. Being part of a multi operational job is another.

And maybe why some in the industry are sceptical of NCCA is that they can't guarantee a uniform end service although their aim is to put out to the public that this is in a way what they are about

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2010, 09:59:06 pm »
Mark,
I'm not trying to make you, or anyone else seem stupid, especially not you as you seem to be doing a perfectly good job of it all by yourself. You called me a dick head purely and simply because I expressed an opinion on a subject that I have considerable expertise in and upon which you clearly have none. You didn't need to be quite so rude, you could have replied, 'Simon, I disagree' and then told us why you disagree, but no, you have to go down the 'dickhead' route. And all that I have done in reply is put forward my credentials and the fact of the matter is that I do some very big and very prestigious jobs and have done for many years, so I am at the very least qualified to make my comments, whereas it's oh so easy for someone like you just to shout 'dickhead' from the touchline.

Simon

Mark Lawrence

« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2010, 10:02:17 pm »
If people with attitude such as yours are going to be on this BIG job then im glad that i am not have anything to do with it. 

Richie.

Not on it mate. Also I really dont have an attitude but do like to speak up when I hear nonsense, not necessarily from you.

Mark

Mark Lawrence

« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2010, 10:07:51 pm »
Mark,
I'm not trying to make you, or anyone else seem stupid, especially not you as you seem to be doing a perfectly good job of it all by yourself. You called me a dick head purely and simply because I expressed an opinion on a subject that I have considerable expertise in and upon which you clearly have none. You didn't need to be quite so rude, you could have replied, 'Simon, I disagree' and then told us why you disagree, but no, you have to go down the 'dickhead' route. And all that I have done in reply is put forward my credentials and the fact of the matter is that I do some very big and very prestigious jobs and have done for many years, so I am at the very least qualified to make my comments, whereas it's oh so easy for someone like you just to shout 'dickhead' from the touchline.

Simon

Yeah, whatever ::)  By the way I didnt call you a dickhead :-\

Mark

richie

« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2010, 10:22:16 pm »
Mark,
with respect you have thrown abuse on here for what i see as no reason giving the impression that you have a attitude problem with myself and Simon.  All we have done is make what i believe to be open comments on a open forum without the need to feel that we needed to be abusive unlike yourself.

Mark Lawrence
Cleanitup Full Member

« Reply #34 on: Today at 07:39:02pm » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here we go, Simon being a d_ck....AGAIN! yawn yawn   Hurry up and get your 15 to 20 replies that your no doubt going to put on here, so we can all get back to normal when you gone 

Mark

You may not have used the actual words DICKHEAD regarding Simon, but look at your post and that is certainly what you were implied or at the very least you attacked him using the term DICK.  I know that some peoples posts on these OPEN FORUMS can be frustrating but all Simon did was voice his opinion.  The fact that you do not personally know Simon makes your comment even more outrageous.

Richie.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2010, 10:37:37 pm »
Mark,

Sorry, I stand corrected, you didn't call me a dickhead, you called me a 'Dick.'
Whatever the word, I do have to wonder why you need to call anyone a dick, or dickhead just because they express a view that is not your own and having done so doesn't that make you look a bit of a dick too? Most right thinking people would look at what I, or you, or anyone else has said and thought, 'well, I disagree with that, but he / she has a perfect right to express that opinion, especially in a place the lifeblood of which is the exchange of views and opinions, that's why it's called a forum.

Simon

Dave Whittaker

« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2010, 10:40:51 pm »
What's with all the mud slinging on this forum?

It seems to me that there is a selection process taking place for these large jobs.

6 days before the job - Get as many people interested as possible, spend the next couple of days getting names of potential appropriate cc'ers and look at their credentials, qualifications, experience etc.
Then weed out the less experienced/unqualified operatives. This will give you a decent team of cc'ers within a few days leaving a few more days to plan the job in hand.

I reckon it's an effective way of putting (not throwing) a professional team together. Or am I wrong?

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2010, 10:48:11 pm »
Mark,
There you go again. Just because I happen to think that this whole CLEAN Association project is ill-considered and practically doomed to failure that I must be wrong and because I am (in your eyes at least) wrong I must be vilified for it. Why can't you accept that I have a right as a fully fledged member of this forum a right to express my view just as you have?

Simon

richie

« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2010, 10:49:24 pm »
Mark,
Having spoken to others on the phone & on forums regarding CLEAN it appears that there is a fair few people that are just stating that they think CLEAN is good in some ways yet is bad in others.  Simon has even stated in a post on this thread that if Pete or anyone can do CC some good then they have his respect.....is that not a positive comment???  
Yes we know its a new venture unlike the NCCA.  Its not that people want it to fail its more a case of voicing opinions all be it good or bad ones.  Any bad opinions should be taken on board by the leaders of CLEAN and talked about.  Negative comments in many ways are good comments because it gives you the chance to sit down & talk about them to see if there is a issue regarding the negatives given.

Richie.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2010, 11:00:31 pm »
Dave,

The problem with committing to a big job that requires 46 personnel is that you had better have thought it out in every way LONG before you actually do the job. The organiser of the job has the responsibility of putting the team together and making sure that every part of that team will support every other part of the team. If a mere week before such a big job you're still looking for people to actually do the job then there is something terribly wrong.
Here is the opening post on this topic:
      Big job in South Need CCs for next week
« on: February 08, 2010, 07:03:03 PM »    Reply with quote
Call me if interested.

Pete
07816 276290

And please, no phishing calls, your so obvious but a waste of my time

Now come on, does that seriously read like there is a big drive to find the very best people to carry out a very big professional job???
Believe me, big jobs require lots of planning and the guy in charge has to know that he has the best possible team behind him and not just a bunch of people recruited at the very last moment who he hopes will do the deed on the day.

Simon

Mark Lawrence

« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2010, 11:02:37 pm »
Simon has even stated in a post on this thread that if Pete or anyone can do CC some good then they have his respect.....is that not a positive comment??? Richie.

So thats a positive comment as opposed to the other 98.999% negative ::) Maybe you need to read all of his negative comments? Ooh look theres another one from Simon above ::)

Mark

robert meldrum

« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2010, 11:06:21 pm »
Mark

Take a look at Gerrards web site if you thought Simon was boasting. I'm not in anyone's camp and although Simon has a " forceful " way of communicating he's been Walking the Walk for some years.
As far as the early start to CLEAN's concerned I understand the scepticism but some job's DO come on stream unexpectedly and urgently and with CLEAN having started along the road many months ago there's bound to have been marketing activity so their presence will be known where it matters

Dave Whittaker

« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2010, 12:01:39 am »
I see where you're coming from Si.

However, an awful lot of posts on this thread are purely speculative.
We have no idea how much prep has gone into this job before the labour is sourced. We don't know how many trusted teams Pete has in mind before looking for interested parties...could be 23? Time constaints are also an issue.

Speaking as somebody who played a part in the last large job, I saw a team of professionals work their arses off to a great standard whilst under the supervision of the organiser within a very limited timeframe. The ops manager who was working on behalf of the customer was delighted with the results as were his staff.  Considering the logistics of the job in hand I reckon the day was a resounding success.

I see no reason why this cannot be repeated time and time again.

peter maybury

« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2010, 12:17:00 am »
Do the inexperienced people on this forum understand what is being talked about here. Before being a truckmount operator I used to do a lot of volume with portables and just working with a team of maybe 15 people takes a lot of organising, it takes time to build a team like that  to be able to work together . It does not happen overnight. I have worked with a lot of carpet cleaners across the country and I just cannot see that a job like this would be done like this. Anybody managing areas that size do not just wake up one morning and decide they want their carpets cleaning straight away. I know the conference centres, function halls offices etc  that our customers have are booked weeks or so in advance. I wish I had time to go into more detail but am very busy. I will try to compile something soon and post it.  There are a lot of things that dont seem right..........

Peter
www.

richie

« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2010, 12:53:38 am »
Hi Peter, long time no see/speak. hope all is good with you mate.  It will be interesting to see if you get the same kind of reply as Simon did.  You have said things on your post above that were along the same lines as what Simon posted.

Dave,
Fair enough the last job went well and you never know this one may go the same way BUT.....in the opinion of some on here (myself included) a job like this will sooner or later go wrong due to lack of organising.  This is not my way of saying OMG.....CLEAN is poope. This is not what im saying, what i am saying is that more care should be taken in the organisation. The last thing that CLEAN or peter Sweeney needs is for it to go wrong. There are alot of different companies on site so its likely to have a bad effect on all the companies not just Peter or CLEAN or whoevers job it is.

Richie.
Richie.