This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jimboo

Re: THAT THREE CLEAN CON TRICK
« Reply #80 on: November 25, 2009, 10:49:07 pm »
lot of bitches on here ::)

peter holley

« Reply #81 on: November 26, 2009, 08:19:27 am »
I spend a lot longer on   first cleans, I am very thorough, an if I feel here will be a problem downstairs window...eg.  a window with 2 top opening sashes, I will squeegy off that window...I do tell th customer, that the first clean may not be to the usual standard, even though it nearlly always is...

It covers my back, as sometimes it may be just one window that may be a pain....lol ::) 

Tosh

« Reply #82 on: November 26, 2009, 08:51:38 am »
I know my customers fairly well and I often will tailor a clean to suit their personalities; if they're fussy - I'm a little more fussy with my cleaning.  If they're not fussy, I'm fast!  If they're too fussy they'd be dumped; but this hasn't happened I don't think.

This is a business at the end of the day, we're here to make money, not to hang around waiting for windows to dry so we can check them, nor are we here to provide 'perfectly clean' windows; acceptable is good enough for me, and it must be good enough for my customers too.  I haven't lost one in ages and I've never lost a load in one go due to how I/we work (or for any other reason for that matter).

Other window cleaners may clean windows to a higher standard than I, but I don't give a fat WRACs pump; I'm happy with the way we work!

JRDEasiReach

« Reply #83 on: November 26, 2009, 11:48:03 am »
wow this topic has opened several cans of worms hasnt it.
JRD Easi Reach
'The Ladderless Window Cleaning System'

cozy

« Reply #84 on: November 26, 2009, 12:57:33 pm »
Yes mate, and always charge more for worms ;D

jouk45

« Reply #85 on: November 26, 2009, 01:05:58 pm »
firstly steven, what do you drive around with, an hgv  tanker  ::) to spend all that time, and guarantee spottless clean windows and frames  first time round,  you must be using tons of water, if it was glass only  i would agree, the 3 clean con, as you call it is not a con, it is there for several reasons, the main reason is, surprising  not for making sure they are clean, but for w/c who have a  very large customer base changing over to wfp, now can you imagine what that would be like having 300 or more customers, and converting over from trad  to wfp? it would take far to long  if they had to spend 30mins or more on each house, the 3 cleans helps them to slowly but gradualy convert over from trad  to wfp,
steven, you may know this, or not, trad w/c are now being advice before changing over, to clean and wipe all frames, sills,air vents by hand, and by doing it that way, almost certainly cuts out the 3 cleans. also it is a protection for newbies to give them the chance to perfect there skills at wfp, and at the same time given them some protection from complaints. there are many reasons for the 3 clean con  ;D

gewindows

« Reply #86 on: November 26, 2009, 01:41:01 pm »
Excellent post Joe.

Its all well and good saying 'Oh I got a new one today that came up spotless' when you are only do one new one a week or a day or wahtever, but when converting a whole round over its entirely unreasonable. You'd be a fool NOT to tell your custys there may just be occasional detergent issues.

ftp

« Reply #87 on: November 26, 2009, 04:44:28 pm »
I've just done one for the third time today and it's still very poor - painted windows with deep frames - absolute nightmare.
Mind you it would be perfect if I didn't look at it when I'd finished.  ::)

« Reply #88 on: November 26, 2009, 05:26:45 pm »

I certainly dont think telling a customer "it may take 3 cleans to get them perfect" is a con. As this seem to be the norm advise you get when you purchase a system from the companies that sell the systems

I do cos it is a con,  its utter drivel   hence the reason the 2nd customer today was happy to pay the extra £3 to have the windows cleaned PROPERLY      maybe its because some people are just too lazy to put the effort in so they come out with that tripe.

as for the norm advice you say ?  don't know what company you got your system from Bob but I'm afraid theve told you a bare faced pack of lies

will say it again HOW HARD IS IT TO CLEAN A PIECE OF GLASS ?????????????    answers over the next 3 months  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

The issue with that is that if the other cleaner came back and did a second clean, his work would probably have been fine too.  He did the first clean for you and you reaped the reward.  You crafty git   ;D

South Coast Cleaning Services

« Reply #89 on: November 26, 2009, 05:28:31 pm »
What about leaded windows, do you know how much soap gets caught up in them  ;)

« Reply #90 on: November 26, 2009, 05:31:59 pm »

I certainly dont think telling a customer "it may take 3 cleans to get them perfect" is a con. As this seem to be the norm advise you get when you purchase a system from the companies that sell the systems

I do cos it is a con,  its utter drivel   hence the reason the 2nd customer today was happy to pay the extra £3 to have the windows cleaned PROPERLY      maybe its because some people are just too lazy to put the effort in so they come out with that tripe.

as for the norm advice you say ?  don't know what company you got your system from Bob but I'm afraid theve told you a bare faced pack of lies

will say it again HOW HARD IS IT TO CLEAN A PIECE OF GLASS ?????????????    answers over the next 3 months  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
You seem to have left yourself wide open here Stephen, there are many of us that do not con people, also many that do a very good job no cleaner can be perfect all the time.

Ian

CIU please sort out the annoying error when replying to posts, is getting right on my errm

It's a browser issue.  My firefox browser does it.  IE 8 did it (until I uninstalled the update and reverted to v.6)  but IE6 doesn't do it.

matt cloud

« Reply #91 on: November 26, 2009, 05:47:24 pm »
Excellent post Joe.

Its all well and good saying 'Oh I got a new one today that came up spotless' when you are only do one new one a week or a day or wahtever, but when converting a whole round over its entirely unreasonable. You'd be a fool NOT to tell your custys there may just be occasional detergent issues.

Well said matt  ;)

elite mike

« Reply #92 on: November 26, 2009, 05:50:38 pm »

You seem to have left yourself wide open here Stephen, there are many of us that do not con people, also many that do a very good job no cleaner can be perfect all the time.

Ian

CIU please sort out the annoying error when replying to posts, is getting right on my errm

It's a browser issue.  My firefox browser does it.  IE 8 did it (until I uninstalled the update and reverted to v.6)  but IE6 doesn't do it.

hey leaps try google chrome, its brilliant

gary999

« Reply #93 on: November 26, 2009, 06:09:59 pm »
i have personally have never told a customer it can take three cleans
to get your windows cleaned correctly,i do tell the customer when
ihave cleaned their windows for the first time that there is a small
chance that there could be some spotting and to feel free to call me
if there is a problem so i can correct it.

in last three years i have only been called back twice

i clean windows to my customers satisfaction
if they are satisfied im happy.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #94 on: November 26, 2009, 07:02:45 pm »
well i must say that this for turned into a very good debate.

now this is what the forums are really about,
not just asking them same old silly questions which have been posted 1000 times before,cause you cant be assed to do a search :P :P :P

keep it up lads.

steven have you got pictures of yourself dressed up plz, ;) ;) ;) ;) :P

s.w.c

« Reply #95 on: November 26, 2009, 09:22:46 pm »
here is a pic of stephen dressed up,

Frankybadboy

« Reply #96 on: November 26, 2009, 09:27:37 pm »
here is a pic of stephen dressed up,

classic smithy ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

just spat me tea out everywhere ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D