This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Window Washers

Re: THAT THREE CLEAN CON TRICK
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2009, 07:27:27 pm »

I certainly dont think telling a customer "it may take 3 cleans to get them perfect" is a con. As this seem to be the norm advise you get when you purchase a system from the companies that sell the systems

I do cos it is a con,  its utter drivel   hence the reason the 2nd customer today was happy to pay the extra £3 to have the windows cleaned PROPERLY      maybe its because some people are just too lazy to put the effort in so they come out with that tripe.

as for the norm advice you say ?  don't know what company you got your system from Bob but I'm afraid theve told you a bare faced pack of lies

will say it again HOW HARD IS IT TO CLEAN A PIECE OF GLASS ?????????????    answers over the next 3 months  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
You seem to have left yourself wide open here Stephen, there are many of us that do not con people, also many that do a very good job no cleaner can be perfect all the time.

Ian

CIU please sort out the annoying error when replying to posts, is getting right on my errm
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

stephen s

« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2009, 07:35:30 pm »
Quoted a house yesterday eve and was asked if I could clean today which I did ( £30 regular clean )

As I was round the back cleaning the lady brings me out a cuppa and starts chatting away when she quips now on month 3 the windows will be gleaming then ?

Now love your windows will be gleaming after Ive cleaned them today,       oh she says but my friend a couple of miles down the road has also just had her windows cleaned and the guy told her it would take 3 cleans before the windows were right.

I told her that the guy has told her friend a blatent pack of lies so he can rush through as quick as possible and get to the next job,  its a total con I told her and explained that if she took her car for a valet and was told that it would take 3 seperate valets to bring it up nice  would she pay ?      no way she said,   yet you were prepared 3 times beore your windows were cleaned properly I said.

I then told her that if the windows were not gleaming after I cleaned then she was NOT TO PAY
 anyway after I finished she told me how delighted she was and would be recommending me to others.

with that her friend calls and she tells her everything I said and her friend asked her if I could come to hers after I finished and have a look at her windows.        so I went down ther gave her a quote ( 25 )   and cleaned them there and then.

after I finished she said the difference was amazing and that I had actually taken 15 minutes longer than the other guy who she was now calling for everything and I don't blame her.

I don't feel bad about taking his job   in fact I feel quite good,    maybe if he did the job properly and not try to use that stupid 3 clean con trick he wouldn't lose his work.

I mean how hard is it to clean a window ?    it aint rocket science.
Could I ask how long you have been cleaning windows for and how long you have been using wfp ?

cleaned window many years ago  but have been WFP just over 3 years and I always clean frames on windows and doors and conservatories  and never had a 1st clean yet that hasn't looiked spot on when Ive finnished
Do you stanbd there and wait for the windows to all dry ? and also check them with a ladder ? I am not in anyway knocking your cleaning becaise I do not know what it is like, what I feel is a bit ott is that you seem to think you do not get any problems on any of your cleans, the reason some will say it can take upto three cleans is because they are being honest that there could be a problem, I feel you are leaving yourself wide open to people laughing at you

as I stated cleaning glass isn't rocket science although from some of the replies it is  bless em

as for people laughing chief then I have to be honest and say I couldn;t give 2 shiney poopes whether they do or not  but hey if they wanna pay my bills then I will worry what they say or think.  until then I won't worry.

as for standing waiting for windows to dry   I don't need to do that mate as I measure how good my cleans are by customer feedback and the feedback is always excellent so hey I must be doing something right.

I try to provide the best possible service to my customers,  I call each and everyone the night before I clean so they know I'm coming and leave access and payment out,  so by simple communication I don't have to do any collecting ever, well I tell a lie there the odd one or two do sometimes forget.

by doing this it also means I don't turn up at a customers and get all set up only for the customer to come out and say not this month,  they can tell me that when I phone up and if so I just say ok will call you next month.

my customers are my bread and butter and my bread and butter is my business so when I clean I always give them a good clean and thorough rinse.  

I know its not just me because Ive met quite a few window cleaners who share my views, in fact it was another w/c who first said to me  HOW HARD IS IT TO CLEAN A PIECE OF GLASS

john tomkins

« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2009, 07:37:14 pm »
steven, I'm surprised with all this bad weather we have been having, that you are able to just "fit in" a £30 and a £20 first clean.
You say you have been WFP 3 years..... don't you have a full round yet?

I'm behind with my work and like you have been going 3 years and I'm rammed out anyway, so any new customers needing that "Christmas clean" will have to wait till 2010 ;D

stephen s

« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2009, 07:44:46 pm »
Quoted a house yesterday eve and was asked if I could clean today which I did ( £30 regular clean )

As I was round the back cleaning the lady brings me out a cuppa and starts chatting away when she quips now on month 3 the windows will be gleaming then ?

Now love your windows will be gleaming after Ive cleaned them today,       oh she says but my friend a couple of miles down the road has also just had her windows cleaned and the guy told her it would take 3 cleans before the windows were right.

I told her that the guy has told her friend a blatent pack of lies so he can rush through as quick as possible and get to the next job,  its a total con I told her and explained that if she took her car for a valet and was told that it would take 3 seperate valets to bring it up nice  would she pay ?      no way she said,   yet you were prepared 3 times beore your windows were cleaned properly I said.

I then told her that if the windows were not gleaming after I cleaned then she was NOT TO PAY
 anyway after I finished she told me how delighted she was and would be recommending me to others.

with that her friend calls and she tells her everything I said and her friend asked her if I could come to hers after I finished and have a look at her windows.        so I went down ther gave her a quote ( 25 )   and cleaned them there and then.

after I finished she said the difference was amazing and that I had actually taken 15 minutes longer than the other guy who she was now calling for everything and I don't blame her.

I don't feel bad about taking his job   in fact I feel quite good,    maybe if he did the job properly and not try to use that stupid 3 clean con trick he wouldn't lose his work.

Could I ask how long you have been cleaning windows for and how long you have been using wfp ?

cleaned window many years ago  but have been WFP just over 3 years and I always clean frames on windows and doors and conservatories  and never had a 1st clean yet that hasn't looiked spot on when Ive finnished

You must be very arrogant or naive!!
I think the former, solely because the way you are talking to other members of this forum!!
You have been cleaning for 3 years?
not very long if you take into account most of us on here have been window cleaning for OVER 10 YEARS!
Cleaning windows and frames is different to restoring them!
some stains will not come off UPVC frames and sils!

no mush just have my own point of view,    ooooh so cos they have been cleaning windows for 10 whole years they can clean a piece of glass better than someone whos cleaned FOR ONLY 3 YEARS SAY

your abolutely true some stains wont come off pvc or sills  no excuse for not cleaning the glass though is it ?  and defo no excuse to tell a customer it will take 3 cleans to get that glass clean.

anyway another £25 job picked up because someone didn't know how to clean windows,   I just knew today was gonna be another good one  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

gotta go now as my dealer has just turned up so as phil Tuffnal would say HAPPY DAYS  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

stephen s

« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2009, 07:47:13 pm »
May I ask when was the last time you had an eye test?

about 2 years ago mush why ?

matt

« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2009, 07:47:30 pm »
so any new customers needing that "Christmas clean" will have to wait till 2010 ;D

i had one today  ::) ::)

i clean most in the close ( i have done them for the last allmsot 7 years )  she has seen me many many time and she comes out

her " oh hello, we need a window cleaner "

me, well here i am

her " how much to do mine "

me " 12.50 ( my new 10 quid price )"

her " oh thats fine "

me " great "

her " i will pay you after you do them "

me " i will not be able to fit you in today "

her " when can you do them "

me " i will try to fit you in before christmas ( i wasnt even going to try ) but if not, it will be in the new year "

her " well i need them done before christmas, if not, dont bother "

me " fair enough "

away i walk singing to myself

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2009, 07:49:09 pm »
S'pose it comes down to how much time you are prepared to spend on a first clean, especially if you're not charging any extra for it.

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2009, 07:52:38 pm »

Do you stanbd there and wait for the windows to all dry ? and also check them with a ladder ? I am not in anyway knocking your cleaning becaise I do not know what it is like, what I feel is a bit ott is that you seem to think you do not get any problems on any of your cleans, the reason some will say it can take upto three cleans is because they are being honest that there could be a problem, I feel you are leaving yourself wide open to people laughing at you

as I stated cleaning glass isn't rocket science although from some of the replies it is  bless em

as for people laughing chief then I have to be honest and say I couldn;t give 2 shiney poopes whether they do or not  but hey if they wanna pay my bills then I will worry what they say or think.  until then I won't worry.

as for standing waiting for windows to dry   I don't need to do that mate as I measure how good my cleans are by customer feedback and the feedback is always excellent so hey I must be doing something right.

I try to provide the best possible service to my customers,  I call each and everyone the night before I clean so they know I'm coming and leave access and payment out,  so by simple communication I don't have to do any collecting ever, well I tell a lie there the odd one or two do sometimes forget.

by doing this it also means I don't turn up at a customers and get all set up only for the customer to come out and say not this month,  they can tell me that when I phone up and if so I just say ok will call you next month.

my customers are my bread and butter and my bread and butter is my business so when I clean I always give them a good clean and thorough rinse.  

I know its not just me because Ive met quite a few window cleaners who share my views, in fact it was another w/c who first said to me  HOW HARD IS IT TO CLEAN A PIECE OF GLASS

Leaving payment out is as dodgey! what if they forget to leave it out, but are convinced that left it out, what if it gets nicked before you get there?

Good feedback DOES NOT! mean that your cleans are spottless and errorless!!

IF WE AREN'T DOING A GOOD ENOUGH JOB, WE WOULDN'T HAVE ANY CUSTOMERS!!!!!!!!!!

AS FOR THE 3 CLEANS STATEMENT, IT IS IN FACT A DISCLAIMER!! DO YOU KNOW WHAT A DISCLAIMER IS?
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

Bobs Window Cleaning

« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2009, 07:53:21 pm »
WOW you call all your customers the night before.

I can clean up to 30 houses on a good day which I presume you could too. Thats means 30 phones calls :o

Have you got a family? There is no way my wife and kids would let me spend that much time on the phone in the evening instead of quality time with them.
Why oh Why did he spell my name as bod & not bob on my wedding invites.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2009, 07:53:54 pm »
i had me first one today who said cause the windows stay lovely and clean longer,can i have then done every other mth,
and cause i know they will take longer i pay extra,so price was £17 now £22 and shes happy to pay that. ;D ;D ;D

stephen s

« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2009, 07:54:38 pm »
Stephen

Calm down bud

I got my systems (all 3 of them) from Pure Freedom who have one of the best reputations for honesty in their trade. Had they told me a  bare faced pack of lies, I wouldn't have used them.

You are saying that you tell your customers that you clean perfect from the first clean.

Tell me Stephen....from that statement.....Who sounds like a conman????

Bob

Bob believe me I calm mate and laughing like a gooden here.

as I stated in my post my 1st customer I told her about the 3 clean con trick and said if she wasn't happy when I cleaned then she was not to pay me,  she was happy to pay me   and Ive said that to lots of customers    DOES THAT MAKE ME A CON MAN BOB ?      think you could offer that to your customers Bob ?       I can and I know other w/cs who can and do.

anyway Bob  how hard just is it to clean a piece of glass

however Bob you did make me smile with your calm down bud line,    being a scouser calm down calm down is my middle name  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D    thought I would get that in before tha anti-scouse brigade get it in

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2009, 07:56:51 pm »
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH CCCHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2009, 07:59:57 pm »
sorry couldn't stop myself from sneezing, as I am alergic to BULLpoopE!!

Bobs Window Cleaning

« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2009, 08:00:28 pm »
Im beginning to like you Steve.

Someone with a good sense of humour :)

Anyway its bloody hard to clean a piece of glass :)

Bob
Why oh Why did he spell my name as bod & not bob on my wedding invites.

Window Washers

« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2009, 08:02:23 pm »
Stephen

Calm down bud

I got my systems (all 3 of them) from Pure Freedom who have one of the best reputations for honesty in their trade. Had they told me a  bare faced pack of lies, I wouldn't have used them.

You are saying that you tell your customers that you clean perfect from the first clean.

Tell me Stephen....from that statement.....Who sounds like a conman????

Bob

Bob believe me I calm mate and laughing like a gooden here.

as I stated in my post my 1st customer I told her about the 3 clean con trick and said if she wasn't happy when I cleaned then she was not to pay me,  she was happy to pay me   and Ive said that to lots of customers    DOES THAT MAKE ME A CON MAN BOB ?      think you could offer that to your customers Bob ?       I can and I know other w/cs who can and do.

anyway Bob  how hard just is it to clean a piece of glass

however Bob you did make me smile with your calm down bud line,    being a scouser calm down calm down is my middle name  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D    thought I would get that in before tha anti-scouse brigade get it in
do you wear a uniform ?
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

stephen s

« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2009, 08:09:17 pm »
I don't think the 3 clean rule is a con. I think its just a disclaimer to cover our arses.

I agree that time should be spent on first cleans and attention to detail is vital. But sometimes you could spend a long time on them and they won't be 100%

The odd spot, spec or run may still be visible. There are many variables why this may happen but it should only be minimal.

it can take 1, 2, 3 or even 4 cleans on some windows to get them perfect. not on many but it can happen.

I always say to the guys that we only get 1 chance to impress them and the first cleans are really important in building the relationship.

I think the 3 month rule is good because if there not expecting them to be 100% and you achieve that with 90% of new customers then they'll think your great! ;)

good post

the 3 clean is about right, we all know that the rubbers seals might not be 100 % and it takes a few cleans to get rid of the dirt trapped AND washing up liquid residue under the seals

of course you should aim to get them 100 % first time, BUT how many people clean a house even a few years on and its not 100 %, if you say your cleaning is 100 % clean 100 % of the time, you are kidding yourself

hi Matt.

have to say your reply is not only a great reply but a very accurate one,    your very right  you me or any other person will never get a perfect finish as perfect we are led to believe is not achieveable in any walk of life,  for instance a gymnast can score a perfect 10 but when the routine is analized minor inperfections are always found,   seen that in a docu a few years ago

and yes I do agree with you that I would be kidding myself if I thought I could,   but thats not to say a first class clean with windows sparkling and frames cleaned can not be achieved until it has been cleaned 3 times.

anyway yes it is a great post but also nice to get a non negative reply,  whether we agree or not I do value your points

stephen s

« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2009, 08:15:22 pm »
i m just glad we ve got some real experts on here now instead of people like us who have only been w/c 25 years and wfp about 7

so do you clean glass better with your 25 years of window cleaning ?    or can just anyone start window cleaning and clean glass just as good as you

I take it you must be one of those don't try and tell me anything about window cleaning cos Ive been in the game 25 years     bet you just love telling everyone that

Window Washers

« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2009, 08:18:41 pm »
i m just glad we ve got some real experts on here now instead of people like us who have only been w/c 25 years and wfp about 7

so do you clean glass better with your 25 years of window cleaning ?    or can just anyone start window cleaning and clean glass just as good as you

I take it you must be one of those don't try and tell me anything about window cleaning cos Ive been in the game 25 years     bet you just love telling everyone that
your a player Stephen love it lol

stephen s

« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2009, 08:21:21 pm »
I still get caught out, there are lots of unknowable reasons why a first clean might not come good.I could give you ten in a list, but it's pretty pointless telling you because you know it all already.

so keep it to yourself then mush

stephen s

« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2009, 08:23:43 pm »
steven may i say you are a c  o  c k ;D ;D

Thats a bit unfair.....................................on c o c k s
I like Stevens opinions, I like to ignore them.

oh bless you but if you like to ignore them why have you replied ?????  come on what villiage are you from  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D