Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

as above does the window cleaning section need more moderation

Yes
49%
25 (49%)
No
51%
26 (51%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Window Washers

does this forum need more moderators ?
« on: November 23, 2009, 07:51:17 pm »
Simple, if you think this section should have more moderators click yes.

If you think it is fine as it is click no.

Simple as.......

Please feel free to add your grips..
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

cozy

Re: does this forum need more moderators ?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 08:04:13 pm »
I voted no because I think if this section is left to run, 99% of the time it's ticking over quite nicely. Around July and August there was alot of people moaning about posts being deleted with no explanation.

I think Dave Morris mostly seems to be left to do it all. Ian Giles is about less often, but I wouldn't like to have a full time biz all day at full throttle, then come on here and trawl through all the stuff we stick up on here.

If you put more Mods on, it would turn into a real dictatorship and guys would be afraid to post what they post.On the other side of this. I reckon about 150 regular bods that post on here keep it going. Those that have been in it for years and only post once a month, then come on and moan about this forum hack me off. If they were the only guys on here, it would be dead.

Nobody makes anyone read anything. I agree with what Matt said, it's like an online WC's pub. That's why it rocks, like earlier today.

matt

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 08:09:36 pm »
from the other thread, that the dictator dave has locked

cut and paste as cozy mentioned it

this place has evolved into a place that window cleaners hang out, have a bit of a laugh, a bit like a online window cleaners pub

we all know of other forums where they are all very serious and jokes and banter get deleted inside the hour, where you are banned for making a post that isnt serious enough

people choose CIU because it isnt up its own backside
and long may it continue

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 08:15:09 pm »
Matt

I tried to keep one post open but it descended into war between a couple of posters, i interviened to calm things down and ended up getting some my stick myself, so i had enough and locked that one too.

youre damned if you do and damned if you dont

cozy

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 08:18:08 pm »
HA! You just voted  YES!

FTP and MATT, also Matt Bateman for mods,

ANARCHY!!! ;D ;D

matt

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 08:20:46 pm »
Matt

I tried to keep one post open but it descended into war between a couple of posters, i interviened to calm things down and ended up getting some my stick myself, so i had enough and locked that one too.

;D ;D ;D

i was only joking dave

i have / do mod ( and admin ) on enough message boards to know that you cannot please everyone, it was makes it rather funny to watch when people ( you ) try to calm the situation and then end up getting flack in the same thread

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 08:22:25 pm »
sometimes i would love to say ......................

I know what you mean though, has anyone got a noose

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2009, 08:22:41 pm »
Dave, it wasnt a war.

I simply asked Squeaky why he thought I was an offensive person, when we have barely uttered 2 words between us.

If you believe him when he says he left because of me then you are being tricked  ;D (wasnt that a polite way of saying it!)

He is generally an okay guy in my opinion, but when he gets bored at home and hasnt earnt enough money and his tax bill is imminent he panics and takes it out on the forum.

As for it being okay to say those things about his wife, you better ask her if its okay; then we'll both know.

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2009, 08:23:11 pm »
do personalized threads stay open longer if they don't start shifting towards the mods???

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2009, 08:24:10 pm »
here we go again,

LEAVE IT !!!

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2009, 08:25:47 pm »
 :P

Window Washers

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2009, 08:26:45 pm »
Matt

You then moved my reply to non related, work that one out ????????? was related just you locked it Dave.

You are damed if you do or dont I agree.

but very annoying sometimes but to some respect for you I will not add another post just to say this  ;)

You need help doing moderating I am not sure what happend during the day as some work in the rain but , pimped window cleaning car, whats next lol

Ian

Boo ya.... shut it  :P your not helping  ::) ;D
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

cozy

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2009, 08:27:09 pm »
Mahem here we go, The thread should have been "Who would want to be a mod"? ;D

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2009, 08:27:30 pm »
 ;D   ;D   ;D

We do love you Dave.

I feel like a 12 year old on a school trip, Daves the teacher, trying to make sure we all go to bed, but we keep sneaking out and running up and down the corridor making a noise ;D ;D

'Ssshh!! Sirs coming'

cozy

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2009, 08:29:08 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D It's been a great day

Window Washers

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2009, 08:30:30 pm »
Mahem here we go, The thread should have been "Who would want to be a mod"? ;D
I would be as I am a fair person, and some on here clearly are not and like to bully

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2009, 08:31:26 pm »
remember when they would send in supply teachers ;D ;D ;D
they never stood a chance :o

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2009, 08:33:58 pm »
Ian

There are no vacancies

Window Washers

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2009, 08:37:03 pm »
Ian

There are no vacancies
so your the only mod ? as Ian seems to have gone into hiding, and trevor left long ago and forum admin never posts anything  ::)

Who are the other mods on this section Dave that are on here daily ?

I'm not asking for an unpaid job by the way, if you asked nicely I may think about it in the future  ;D

matt

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2009, 08:40:12 pm »
Ian

There are no vacancies

this thread / poll was a very thinly disguised " shall i post my C.V " question