This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

as above does the window cleaning section need more moderation

Yes
49%
25 (49%)
No
51%
26 (51%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Re: does this forum need more moderators ?
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2009, 08:40:42 pm »
Thinly?

;D ;D ;D ;D

matt

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2009, 08:43:14 pm »
Thinly?

;D ;D ;D ;D

i was being polite, a try sign of a forum user ready to step up to the challenge of a moderators job  :P

ftp

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2009, 08:47:19 pm »
HA! You just voted  YES!

FTP and MATT, also Matt Bateman for mods,

ANARCHY!!! ;D ;D

Aye  ???

HIGH LEVEL WINDOW CLEANERS (scrimmy)

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2009, 08:48:18 pm »
scrimmy for moderator ::)

it would be an honour to consider being made a mod.........all you need to is ask 8)

matt cloud

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2009, 08:54:54 pm »

Gaby P.

« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2009, 08:58:29 pm »
Ian

There are no vacancies
so your the only mod ? as Ian seems to have gone into hiding, and trevor left long ago and forum admin never posts anything  ::)

Who are the other mods on this section Dave that are on here daily ?

I'm not asking for an unpaid job by the way, if you asked nicely I may think about it in the future  ;D

Are you saying Dave can't cope?

It says at the top of this page, who the mods are ???
If you go to the home page, you can see which mods are online,
but I think you already know that  ::)

Window Washers

« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2009, 10:12:50 pm »
Thinly?

;D ;D ;D ;D

i was being polite, a try sign of a forum user ready to step up to the challenge of a moderators job  :P
you taken your pills today Matt  ::)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Tosh

« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2009, 10:25:12 pm »
I used to be a mod here, but resigned because I was naughtier than the kids I was moderating; but I also Mod another site.  Personally I wouldn't want to mod here again because I prefer being one of the kids, but if anyone wants to mod I suggest they send an e-mail FAO Mike Boxhall at admin (the e-mail is at the bottom of each page).

Just write a bit about yourself and explain why you want to mod the site.  If Mike agrees its not a problem adding another Mod, he'll just have to give the tech guys some details, and in a week or so you'll have all the extra 'mod buttons' and access to another part of this forum where the mods talk about us behind our backs.

But I don't think Mike comes here much these days, so he might either ignore you or tell you to f*** off.

Maybe Dave could stick a post up on the moderator section of this forum asking for more mods?  Personally I think we could do with another; just for when Dave is swanning off on one of his foriegn holidays!

Gaby P.

« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2009, 10:39:24 pm »
I used to be a mod here, but resigned because I was naughtier than the kids I was moderating; but I also Mod another site.  Personally I wouldn't want to mod here again because I prefer being one of the kids, but if anyone wants to mod I suggest they send an e-mail FAO Mike Boxhall at admin (the e-mail is at the bottom of each page).

Just write a bit about yourself and explain why you want to mod the site.  If Mike agrees its not a problem adding another Mod, he'll just have to give the tech guys some details, and in a week or so you'll have all the extra 'mod buttons' and access to another part of this forum where the mods talk about us behind our backs.

But I don't think Mike comes here much these days, so he might either ignore you or tell you to f*** off.

Maybe Dave could stick a post up on the moderator section of this forum asking for more mods?  Personally I think we could do with another; just for when Dave is swanning off on one of his foriegn holidays!

I bet Mike Boxhall's email inbox will be full in the morning ;D

matt

« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2009, 10:42:45 pm »

I bet Mike Boxhall's email inbox will be full in the morning ;D

it would be very wrong for everyone to e.mail him saying " can i be mod please " as the title of the e.mail

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2009, 10:52:11 pm »
I have the final vote btw

mark dew

« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2009, 10:57:16 pm »
I think this side needs more moderators.
The banter is amusing to read but it gets too personal at times. It's the ones  who jump on someone elses bandwagon that generally turn the laugh into something personal. This ends the laugh for me.
I think several more moderators would help and wouldn't kill off the banter. Much of personal stuff could have been nipped in the bud at the start if there were more than just dave actively moderating.
Some of the banter is class, but once a posse gets involved it becomes  downright nasty in my opinion.

cozy

« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2009, 10:57:34 pm »
If you've seen the "Top Gear" ads for series 13 on you tube, I imagine Dave Morris as the Stig at the end of the table.

cozy

« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2009, 11:04:47 pm »
Just like to add something, only my opinion, If you want "Good advice" and real businessmens opinions. Sage stuff and loads of respect. Help with burning issues and a " Lets just stick to business" sort of thing, where everyone only asks "Normal" questions and expects a fitting answer with "No rubbish", then try ASC forum. It's full of good stuff like that. If you want that AND a laugh now and then, stay here.

matt

« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2009, 11:05:58 pm »
I have the final vote btw

and so you should dave, afterall you are the number 1 man here and a all round good bloke  :P :P :P

matt

« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2009, 11:09:07 pm »
but once a posse gets involved it becomes  downright nasty in my opinion.

you called for the posse  :o :o :o

:o :o

:o

mark dew

« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2009, 11:55:42 pm »
Runnnnnnnnn!!!  ;D
It's always been a laugh on here though. And there has always been personal stuff going on as well. The professionally installed wfp users from years would take some beating on getting personal. Didn't like it then. Still don't like it now.
I never met phil hansons moderating, but he sounded a bit too extreme. What i think is needed is another dave or ian giles becoming obsessed with reading the posts.
Someone who isn't going to kill a topic, but will step upto the mark when things become too abusive. Humour is good. Abuse isn't necessary.

Tosh

« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2009, 07:32:34 am »
I never met phil hansons moderating, but he sounded a bit too extreme.

Phil Hanson was a real Taliban Moderator; he was always falling out with me, locking my posts and deleting my rubbish!  Then I would trawl through his posts and ressurect old 'off topic' posts he'd done, just to show that he wasn't whiter than white!  I used to wind the life out of him, but he was extremely professional.

I miss Phil.  The last I heard was that he was seen selling double glazing in a supermarket in Bristol.  Shame really.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2009, 09:50:43 am »
Runnnnnnnnn!!!  ;D
It's always been a laugh on here though. And there has always been personal stuff going on as well. The professionally installed wfp users from years would take some beating on getting personal. Didn't like it then. Still don't like it now.
I never met phil hansons moderating, but he sounded a bit too extreme. What i think is needed is another dave or ian giles becoming obsessed with reading the posts.
Someone who isn't going to kill a topic, but will step upto the mark when things become too abusive. Humour is good. Abuse isn't necessary.

Raises hand!  ;) - and I promise not to delete anyone's post on grounds of spelling and grammar deficiency.

(In a nibbling at the fish hook getting ready to scarper sort of way ...)
It's a game of three halves!