This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

Which leaflet worked best for you.

Basic home made
Thin one sided paper
One sided gloss
double sided gloss
black and white

geefree

THE BEST LEAFLET
« on: November 14, 2009, 08:37:30 am »
Hi,

I have had an A5 , one colour leaflet (blue)made for me in the past.

one sided, and thin cheap paper..... with very very poor results regarding phone calls from them.

I have had better results from making my own, no pictures, just...

" We are currently expanding our window cleaning services to your area "....blah blah..

But now  i am thinking of having glossy double sided ones made,
window cleaning on one side, with other services , including before and after pictures on the other.

one or two people say the full gloss leaflets gives the impression of us being expensive,

others say they give a professional look,

whilst some swear by a home made basic flyer,

have you tried and tested them all?

Which works best for you.?

I know door knocking is proven but this is just looking for a little help with leaflets.

Cheers  ;)

Window Washers

Re: THE BEST LEAFLET
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 08:54:24 am »
I could only use one button on the poll.

I use homemade and also colour glossy 2 sided ones.

both as good as each other really.

There are reasons why homemade leaflets do not work also why some will get nothing from flash leaflets

Some people have no idea about marketing at all (this is a top reason why a flyer will not work how ever cheap or expensive it looks.

this junk mail you are putting though peoples doors need to be different needs to be eye and thought catching (does not have to mean colour) but does mean impact.........

If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

South Coast Cleaning Services

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 08:56:49 am »
Best leaflet ive had from a company similar to ours is Bens Gutters, anyone who gets one will read it  ;)

geefree

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 09:02:24 am »
Hi Ian,

i understand the impact value, i had my van signs made with that in mind,

i also want that with my leaflets , without giving the impression that i look expensive,

in other trades , carpet cleaning, plumbing, etc... a good solid leaflet with the right impact can look very professional, and encourage people to ring... as they look "safe"

But in window cleaning its a variable attitude, as people tend to think its only window cleaning and a few pounds to clean,
so are looking for the cheapest,

although cheap looking leaflets may work for some, they did not for me...

i will be using double sided gloss this time, as i want the professional look, but i understand i need the impact factor as well.

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 09:03:18 am »
My best leaflet is one I designed myself on Vista-Print. It generally gets me work, I think people like its presentation. It is all about impact. Currently working on a guttering one.

I wouldnt dream of putting them up on here, but if you put your email up gazza I'll send a copy of each.

Matt

geefree

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009, 09:05:15 am »
Thanks Matt,

Its

gazasp8@aol.com

thanks

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2009, 09:07:38 am »
Thanks Matt,

Its

gazasp8@aol.com

thanks

are yo missing a "z" or does your profile just have a extra one

Window Washers

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2009, 09:10:08 am »
Best leaflet ive had from a company similar to ours is Bens Gutters, anyone who gets one will read it  ;)
Yeah a gutter cleaning customer called me and bens gutters and went for mine  ;D

dont surpose you have ben gutter flyer by any chance scan and upload it ?
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

geefree

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2009, 09:11:08 am »
yes my profile is different  ;D

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2009, 09:12:11 am »
Its on its way gazza, but its 5MB so dont be surprised.

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2009, 09:13:43 am »
yes my profile is different  ;D

just making sure it didnt get sent to the wrong person.

Yeah a gutter cleaning customer called me and bens gutters and went for mine  ;D

yer I got it as going to do something similar myself, cant get to scanner at the min

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2009, 09:13:50 am »

I get Bens gutters through the door regular, theyre not much to be honest, they look like theyre a note hand-written stating that 'ben' is doing some of my neighbours gutters soon and would I like to have mine done? You call them and its a friggin great call centre.

I rang them up and they ask for the postcode then tell you which houses in the street theyre doing. I called them again and they told me a different load of houses  :-X

They employ immigrants  ;D ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2009, 09:17:51 am »

I get Bens gutters through the door regular, theyre not much to be honest, they look like theyre a note hand-written stating that 'ben' is doing some of my neighbours gutters soon and would I like to have mine done? You call them and its a friggin great call centre.

I rang them up and they ask for the postcode then tell you which houses in the street theyre doing. I called them again and they told me a different load of houses  :-X

I rung and got the call centre too, I asked to speak to Benjamin Button, they said he not in at the minute  ;D

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2009, 09:19:01 am »
 ;D

geefree

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2009, 09:19:21 am »
Got it Matt thanks, looks very professional.

;)

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2009, 09:21:27 am »
Its on its way gazza, but its 5MB so dont be surprised.

Matt, would you mind sending me a copy as well?

Thank you kindly

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2009, 09:23:11 am »
Matt is that you in the spider man outfit  ;)

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2009, 09:28:20 am »
Matt is that you in the spider man outfit  ;)

I'd like to say yes, but actually no it isnt mate, its spider-man  ;D

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2009, 09:28:41 am »
Tim whats your email?

Tosh

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2009, 09:30:38 am »

Ah!  I've had Ben's Gutters through my letter box too; I thought it looked like a pretty good flyer too.