This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

Which leaflet worked best for you.

Basic home made
Thin one sided paper
One sided gloss
double sided gloss
black and white

Pole 2 Pole

Re: THE BEST LEAFLET
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2009, 09:32:28 am »
I've had them too. Gives the impression the guy lives just round the corner. Clever. Very clever.

geefree

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2009, 09:34:26 am »
get the votes in lads please  ;D

Window Washers

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2009, 09:39:32 am »
can someone scan or email me bens gutter flyer

also looking for idea on other peoples flyers, im in st. neots and cambridge so will not be dropping them in your areas:

design@windowwashers.co.uk none will be shared with anyone else.

Ian
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Tosh

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2009, 09:40:11 am »
I voted basic home made because I've done that and had the glossy professional ones, and to be honest, even though I put 5000 of the glossy ones out earlier this year, I reckon (I haven't kept records) that I had a much better response from my homemade ones when I first started up; even though I probably put out about 3000 of these ones.

TC1

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2009, 09:55:42 am »
Tim whats your email?

Matt, Sorry to be a pain in the ar$e, but would it possible to send me a copy of your ad, I am new and had postcards made with vista, but they seem expensive so was looking at having somthing else done instead.

My e mail is: tcwindowcleaningservices@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks in advance,

Tony

Neil

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2009, 10:10:45 am »
My best leaflet is one I designed myself on Vista-Print. It generally gets me work, I think people like its presentation. It is all about impact. Currently working on a guttering one.

I wouldnt dream of putting them up on here, but if you put your email up gazza I'll send a copy of each.

Matt

Hi matt, What type of flyer is it you had from Vista Print? I had 5000 double sided full colour postcards printed by a local firm but it worked out a bit pricey.
I am not sure if its the flyer or just luck of the draw on the area you pick to deliver, I had 2500 delivered in one area and got 1 call from a tiny bungalow, I put 200 of the same flyer in a diferent area and got £200 worth of work from them in 3 days.
I would be very interested to see your flyer Matt as I am going to experiment with Vista I think to see if it will save me some money.

johnmaggy

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2009, 11:30:22 am »
Flyers are a funny thing, we had 10,000 glossy one side printed and delivered by a so called reputable company and got a total of 0, none, zip, not one single call from them, when I complained to the delivery company they swear blind the lot went out, I asked for delivery areas to check for myself and a few houses I contacted most said they couldnt remeber cuz they go straight in the bin but a few said that they recall having one. About this time last year we went out ourselves and started to do some leaflets, home made, we had done around 30 when the heavens opened and we packed it in, out of those few leaflets in one road we ended up with 5 drivecleaning jobs, so now I only ever deliver them myself. Think the problem with the 10000 was it was on a multi drop so a  few leaflets at a time get pushed thru the door and go straight in the in.

Window Washers

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2009, 11:32:24 am »
Flyers are a funny thing, we had 10,000 glossy one side printed and delivered by a so called reputable company and got a total of 0, none, zip, not one single call from them, when I complained to the delivery company they swear blind the lot went out, I asked for delivery areas to check for myself and a few houses I contacted most said they couldnt remeber cuz they go straight in the bin but a few said that they recall having one. About this time last year we went out ourselves and started to do some leaflets, home made, we had done around 30 when the heavens opened and we packed it in, out of those few leaflets in one road we ended up with 5 drivecleaning jobs, so now I only ever deliver them myself. Think the problem with the 10000 was it was on a multi drop so a  few leaflets at a time get pushed thru the door and go straight in the in.
There is a very got tip in this post:

Never have a leaflet in multi dropped.

Ian

p.s CIU PLEASE SORT OUT THIS ERROR
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2009, 12:01:09 pm »
 ???

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2009, 12:24:09 pm »

Anyone tried putting out leaflets through their local paper? Do 0800 numbers work? Or does it make you look too expensive?

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2009, 12:37:53 pm »
Best leaflet ive had from a company similar to ours is Bens Gutters, anyone who gets one will read it  ;)

The flyer I received form bens gutters was a compliment slip with a message written in felt tip pen lol

Matt
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

heathrow100

« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2009, 02:33:33 pm »
The good tip I recieved on another forum was to deliver the leaflet in a sealed envelpoe this way it does get noticed as many homes I knock say they havent recieved my leaflet as junk mail they get through the letterbox goes straight in the bin.Whoever thinks there is a 0.01 response rate on leaflets is a little nieve.

Heath

jonnyald

« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2009, 03:29:42 pm »
when i first started i wrote my own  1liner leaflets , i remember sitting in mymotor writing out a few hundred outside Tesco where id just bought the crappy coloured paper (OH HAPPY DAYS!) this got to be a real wrist aching exercise so later i ran  hundreds off on  my MA"S  printer and  i bought a paper punch that punched a line of stars thru the leaflet and then i added a star sticker to em.  these leaflets looked childish but brought in loads of work and as theyre small they get pinned up on fridges etc

geefree

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2009, 04:26:33 pm »
Home made so far,

is that because people have not spent money and tried the glossy ones do you think?

or used both?.... and home made are proving to work better  ???

South Coast Cleaning Services

« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2009, 06:09:30 pm »
Best leaflet ive had from a company similar to ours is Bens Gutters, anyone who gets one will read it  ;)

The flyer I received form bens gutters was a compliment slip with a message written in felt tip pen lol

Matt

You read it tho didnt you Matt, its the same message that 60,000 houses in my area got, its a leaflet, wasnt written especially for you  ;D

jaycee35

« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2010, 02:13:32 pm »
Has anybody got a copy of the Ben's Gutters flyer, or something similar explaining gutter clearance services they could email to me?

If so my email address is jaycichy@aol.com

Thanks in advance!

rg1

« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2010, 03:34:51 pm »
What's written on your flyer is far more important than whether its glossy, double sided or homemade.

The only reason I use a printer is because it's cheaper than doing your own. Have you ever bothered to work out the cost of printing 5000 colour flyers at home? I guarantee it will be more expensive than having them printed by a online printer.
The pen is mightier than the sword (and a lot easier to write with!)

Wrekin C S

Re: THE BEST LEAFLET New
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2010, 11:17:57 pm »
Home made postcard size for me not tried professional ones so cant compare on results!

Can you email your leaflets please so I can see what I might need to put on mine to get some ideas?

wrekinwindowcleaning@hotmail.co.uk

Cheers  :)