This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

vacman

Re: A Minute for Madeleine‏
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2009, 11:38:24 am »
Why is it so hard to believe I wouldn't take such stupid chances with my child.

Don't worry, it isn't, or to put it another way, i thought what you were saying was clear enough, at least to me. I think anyone can say that -esp. in light of the cause of which we are replying to- that anyone with even half a brain would never leave a child alone.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2009, 05:55:06 pm »
Maybe the McCanns come from that generation that went to Butlins as a kid and the kids would be left in the chalets and the Redcoats would do a patrol and keep an eye on them? And yes any parent would kick themselves silly for the rest of their lives if it had happened then.

It would only take a gap of a few minutes for some ne'erdowell to clock when they were passing and take/injure a child. It is phenomenally rare for a child to be taken in such circumstances.

I beleive that there is as much chance of a "Sarah Payne" or a child being snatched on the way to/from school or from the local playground or even your garden as there was of the McCann girl going missing.

No I wouldn't leave kids that young in those circumstances but you can't wrap kids in cotton wool - my heart is in my mouth when my 11 year old goes to and from school with her friends and no adult accompanying, but they need to taste independence gradually.
It's a game of three halves!

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2009, 06:20:54 pm »
 ??? The bit I dont get is why did they leave the child in another country alone,they may well have only been a small distance away,its something you dont do :-\ the world can be a bad place,just hope they do find her :-\
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

G Griffin

« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2009, 06:32:58 pm »
This conjecture doesn`t really help the McCanns.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

davids3511

« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2009, 06:56:11 pm »
What exactly can any of us do to help them? If nothing else the debate is helping to keep the topic near the top of the forum where more people are likely to see it. You can't sanitise the topic just because you don't like or happen to agree with the views being posted.

G Griffin

« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2009, 07:43:03 pm »
 1.You help by doing what the original post asks.
 2.It wasn`t a debate and can be kept near the top without making judgements.
 3. I never said I liked/ disliked the views posted.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

davids3511

« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2009, 08:59:13 pm »
It was posted on an open forum, blatantly in the wrong section, and we are not allowed to discuss it? Anything else you would like to decree while you are at it?

vacman

« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2009, 09:11:27 pm »

And clog more people's email boxes up with the message? Why? I rarely watch the news but even i couldn't avoid seeing the mcganns on TV (yet again). I don't see how circulating amongst our contacts an email on the subject (which was what the original post asked for) is going to help find this poor little girl  ???

ryanst1982

« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2009, 09:15:27 pm »
I agree but surely it cant do any harm either so why not. Worth a go, if it were my child (regardless of negligence parents played) Id appreciate any help from any one no matter how small or seemingly pointless

G Griffin

« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2009, 09:42:53 pm »
It was posted on an open forum, blatantly in the wrong section, and we are not allowed to discuss it? Anything else you would like to decree while you are at it?
Discuss all you want but start a new thread.

" I decree today that life is simply taking and not giving, England is mine and it owes me living".
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Window Washers

« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2009, 07:53:38 am »

And clog more people's email boxes up with the message? Why? I rarely watch the news but even i couldn't avoid seeing the mcganns on TV (yet again). I don't see how circulating amongst our contacts an email on the subject (which was what the original post asked for) is going to help find this poor little girl  ???
it could help the right person could read it and find the little Madeleine, if this was your child would you send the email ?
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

martinsadie

« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2009, 09:37:15 am »
bit of topic but why are the page numbers on this thread going backwards  ???

vacman

« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2009, 10:18:00 am »

it could help the right person could read it and find the little Madeleine, if this was your child would you send the email ?

Can't answer that as i don't have kids. I don't like kids, have never wanted kids. Wouldn't see any harm to one, but i have other interests in life.

martinsadie

« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2009, 10:24:33 am »
you must have had an unhappy childhood or else you are just a miserable sod

vacman

« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2009, 10:30:21 am »
you must have had an unhappy childhood or else you are just a miserable sod

Neither, but probably more the latter  :D I like old people. So many people support children and their charities, well thats good. I do my bit for our older generation.

martinsadie

« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2009, 10:42:31 am »
every one to there own i have 2 grand children aged 7 months and 3 years and they are brill,might get harder work as they get older  ;D ;D

vacman

« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2009, 10:52:32 am »
There you go then stan.....look after your grandkids and i'll look after you  ;D

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2009, 12:33:32 pm »
The One thing I do understand is the sadness that is going on in her family,Feb
this year I took my son for a normal blood test,just 25 mins later we were in a shopping like tesco,I was walking slighty ahead he was looking around,next thing I was at the check out thinking where is he,then to my shock some one said is that your son,he was faced down on the floor he passed out,hit his face nose collapsed out,long story short,the Ambulance came it was 30 mins before
we moved out of the carpark they were very concerned about time,I was watching him die,I could not belive my eyes,he spent the rest of that day eveing
in hospital,test after test they found nothing,they put it down to the blood test.he is just 17,what am I getting to, I dont know what I would have done if he went that day,now when he is with me I am looking round every all the time.
thank god he made a full recovery :) its the not knowing of where she has gone
as a parent of boy and a girl I cant even begin to think..... there is an old saying you will kill for your children, I know I would........
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

gordonswindows

« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2009, 02:12:31 pm »
Smokescreen smokscreen smokescreen

Choosing to go out and leave your children alone....  WRONG

Choosing to become international celebrities over your loss.... WRONG

Its not all about ''looking for their daughter" its about salving their guilt....   IMPOSSIBLY DIFFICULT

No i do not like them and yes i do think they are responsibile

Can I blame them ?????

There but for the grace of god.

Don't Give Up
@askforthemoney

martinsadie

« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2009, 03:34:01 pm »
Smokescreen smokscreen smokescreen

Choosing to go out and leave your children alone....  WRONG

Choosing to become international celebrities over your loss.... WRONG

Its not all about ''looking for their daughter" its about salving their guilt....   IMPOSSIBLY DIFFICULT

No i do not like them and yes i do think they are responsibile

Can I blame them ?????

There but for the grace of god.

i think thats how most people feel but lots wont say.i mean an audiance with the pope what was that all about