This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Polewash

Gutter cleaner falls off Australian Premier Rudd's roof
« on: November 02, 2009, 11:06:15 am »
A worker cleaning the roof of the Prime Minister's house in Brisbane has been seriously injured in a fall.

Police say the man was cleaning leaves from the roof just after midday when he slipped and fell several metres to the ground.

He was taken to hospital by ambulance but authorities are not yet revealing the extent of his injuries.

WorkCover Queensland is investigating the accident.

A spokesman for the Prime Minister says Mr Rudd and his family are concerned for the injured worker.

"This morning there was a terrible accident involving a tradesman cleaning the gutters at the Rudd family house in Brisbane," he said.

"Following the accident an ambulance was called and the tradesman involved is now receiving medical treatment in a Brisbane hospital.

"This was a serious accident and as is appropriate both the Queensland Police and WorkCover Queensland were immediately notified."

He should have used a Gutter Vac   :o
John

Re: Gutter cleaner falls off Australian Premier Rudd's roof
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 12:40:24 pm »
Probably to many tinnies.....

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 11:19:17 pm »
Of coarse this is country where the term "GUTTER VAC" originated, before others jumped on the band wagon!!!! about 10 years later claiming to have spent 1000's coming up with such an original term!!!

mark dew

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 01:48:41 am »
john, i'm looking for your humour in your post. My condolences go to the man and his family.
The humour came after.  ;D

Polewash

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 04:48:48 am »
john, i'm looking for your humour in your post. My condolences go to the man and his family.
The humour came after.  ;D

Opened up a can of worms I did  ;D ;D.

There is a guy near me in Perth that has been cleaning gutters with some sort of vacuum cleaner for years. I did see a real fancy system on a small truck, it was on the freeway and I couldn't get close enough to have a good look but it did say gutter cleaning. It had a big drum on the back mounted at about 45 degrees from memory. Looked brand new too. I'm not getting into this argument just passing on the info. haven't seen or heard how the cleaner is today.

John

PS Had a browse this is the type of thing I was talking about.  http://www.housewashing.com.au/?page=63

Glyn H

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 07:29:08 am »
http://www.housewashing.com.au/?page=63

Thank you this confirms my post.

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 07:50:14 am »
Im confused. What does that page prove?

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2009, 07:59:16 am »
Come on Glynn,that web site just proves that in Oz they use systems where they can climb on roofs to do the job.Do you think that no one in Australia would have ever thought of attaching a pole to the tube so that they can use it from the safety of the ground.
I know you find it hard to believe that i saw what i did way back in the early nineties,but i do not need to argue the point,i know what was being used,ok it may not have been as sofisticated and modern like your system,but nevertheless i know what was being used....but it really makes no differance to me anyway if you take someone to court or not over your design.

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2009, 09:30:42 am »
Craig Trevain wrote
Of coarse this is country where the term "GUTTER VAC" originated, before others jumped on the band wagon!!!! about 10 years later claiming to have spent 1000's coming up with such an original term!!!
Craig
You claimed  through your solicitor that you first used a  gutter vac in 2000 after getting the idea from an "Australian friend", when in actual fact on the 13th October you were begging for help on this forum and Daniel Worgan replied with his claim to having seen a system in Australia.
He has no proof of this as no company producing a professional guttervac system exists in Australia.
 If it was available then Australian and New Zealand contractors would not be regulary purchassing from us and asking for distributorship rights.
You also claimed through your solicitor  that the Australian franchise company GutterVac actually uses Guttervacs and this was the source where you got your idea from.
You are obviously a stranger to the truth
It  is clear to anyone that looks at the Australian or New Zealand website that in both these nations they stand on roofs and blow or vac  the debris out of gutters.
Your bad copy of our original guttervac design is a blatent copy of our original design as the  drawings filed by our patent attourney will prove to the  court.

It was very foolish of you to make the claims to your solicetor without even bothering to check the facts.

No no Glyn, asking for a link not begging for help, the friend from oz told us of a company in his country that used a vac with a hose to clean gutters, so that we started doing by carrying the long hose up the ladder to Vac out guttering, NO BEGGING TOOK PLACE.

Then with the onset of the new working at height guide lines companies started to think of ways of cutting out the ladder part using many different concepts, Ionics, Brodex, Us, You, DIY, Numatic, Varitech, And a few more have it in the pipe line.

Glyn H

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2009, 09:31:32 am »
The whole purpose of the conception of the Omnipole GutterVac was for Health and Safety reasons. Which is why the Health & Safety Exective whent to the expense of producing a film of the GutterVac operating four years ago and then sent out 30,000  DVDs to the largest maintenace contractors and facility management companies in the UK.

Australians standing on a roof top blowing or vacumming debris from gutters is the exact opposite of our equipment, this is the reason why Australia and New Zealand are our third largest market place.

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2009, 09:39:02 am »
Im to bored to awnser. YAWN

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2009, 10:02:58 am »
The whole purpose of the conception of the Omnipole GutterVac was for Health and Safety reasons. Which is why the Health & Safety Exective whent to the expense of producing a film of the GutterVac operating four years ago and then sent out 30,000  DVDs to the largest maintenace contractors and facility management companies in the UK.

Australians standing on a roof top blowing or vacumming debris from gutters is the exact opposite of our equipment, this is the reason why Australia and New Zealand are our third largest market place.

It proves nothing about your product/legalities/patents or anything else that you habitually spout on here Glyn.

All that page proves is that there is a crowd in Oz that clean gutters with a leaf blower whilst standing on rooves. Bugger all to do with ImpotentVac.

Probably there are guys in the UK the same, but it doesnt have any relevance to your product.

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2009, 10:44:24 am »
Probably will not get an answer on this but...
What is actually being contested legally here?

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2009, 11:18:18 am »
Glyn

I have just read your comment again, and see that your hinting to everyone on here that it is IP infringment you want to take action on, NO ITS PASSING OFF your trying for as you think every one that purchases a polarvak thinks their buying a omni vac when this has never been the case, because we started by calling our product a Gutter Vak, you keep on with this B##l S### ill scan your solicitors letter onto here, to show all, that you can do nothing people putting a vac with a hose , its the gutter vac passing off you are pursuing, WE DID NOT COPY YOUR FIRST DESIGN, you have never had a retro fit type design. And i strongly refute your comment that our product is bad, i shall pass these comments onto Numatic today.

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2009, 11:31:20 am »
That makes more sense craig.....
So basically it has nothing to do with a hose on a vacuum which i saw many years before they were introduced into the uk it is just about using the name/term....get it now...lol

« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2009, 11:41:06 am »
Yes the non original generic term.

johnmaggy

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2009, 01:23:13 pm »
Instead of bickering about who did what and when and who said what and why can someone give me some advice on getting the jobs with a vac in the first place as everyone we approach looks at us as tho we are mad when we say we are going to use a vac to suck out the muck, have tried ads in the local press, have tried leaflets, have tried website, have tried ringing round what shall i try next, am thinking of offering it free when they have there drive cleaned just so I can get people to see it in action. Must add the few jobs we have done people do seem impressed.

wizard

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2009, 02:33:50 pm »
GLYN PLEASE MATE, STOP THIS CR.P IT’S JUST TO MUCH, FIGHT SOME WHERE ELSE. You are like a record you go on and on. You are doing your Company more harm than good. If you are so bent on this fight phone the man and have your fight. But we do not need it.

wizard

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2009, 02:41:24 pm »
DIRTY WASHING BELONG IN A WASHING MECHINE.IT SMELLS IN PUBLIC.

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2009, 04:18:36 pm »
Quote from: Glyn H

Why not write the same to Craig who has continued to snipe at me in virtually every post he has made over the last month.

Because Craig has no need to try to project an image of professionalism and integrity on here, like the vast majority who frequent this forum.

Unfortunately we are your customers Glyn, you need to slow down mate for your own good.

I would expect to be out of business if I spoke to my customers in the same way you speak to some on here, whether you agree with them or not, you need to wind it in. I say that simply for your own good. You dont have to heed any advice, its simply given with your interest in mind.