Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

hso

im sticking to my night job !!
« on: November 01, 2009, 05:49:34 pm »
can anyone help,.......20 years ago i would think nothing of loading up a team of staff in the mini bus and cleaning office carpets, we would either use a prochem extractor or buffer machines with tanks and carpet brushes and off we went, I only messed one carpet up in years and this was a white carpet with a black felt backing and it was over wet and dried out stained, but that was it!!!

20 years later and back to cleaning carpets. firstly i messed my own lounge carpet up and then last week i ventured out to clean one of my contracts reception carpets and was very nervous following my lounge cock up and guess what .....ive cocked this one up as well.

I used a numatic ct extractor and it appeared to look ok until it dried and then it looked like it was still wet and it left a big dark patch where i had been.!!! ended up scrubbing it by hand and that saved it.

What am i doing wrong, i used the prochem chemicals and hot water ....When i spoke to a carpet cleaner he said i did not wet it enough ",. when i did my lounge carpet i was told i had over wet it and the underlay was drenched.

As the commercial carpet had no underlay would it of been ok to really wet it....

Ive been asked about cleaning more carpets but i feel like giving up in this department !!

is a rotowash machine safe for me to use......if so has anyone got one and are they effective and fool proof for someone like me... :-\  :-\

Mark Lawrence

Re: im sticking to my night job !!
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 05:57:06 pm »
I would say that your problem lies with your equipment - its rubbish and not very professional. Sorry to be harsh but what do you expect ???

Get yourself some proper tools for the job, and you wont have many problems.

Mark

Joe H

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 06:19:50 pm »
Looking at your previous posts I think you are a wind up merchant.

So to quote from the dragons den ....... for that reason, I'm out.

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2009, 06:32:59 pm »
Looking at your previous posts I think you are a wind up merchant.

So to quote from the dragons den ....... for that reason, I'm out.

I'm with Joe on this one, you're obviously just toying with out affections and for that reason alone, am also oot! ;D

jasonl

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2009, 06:34:41 pm »
Clearly you need training and to purchase professional equipment
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Mr Dvae

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2009, 07:44:44 pm »
There's indians in them thar hills!

HQCS (John Kastrian)

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2009, 07:57:12 pm »
Due to your obvious lack of knowledge regarding the cleaning process or equipment,in 20 years you still don't know the very basics.
Now you are asking advice from professionals on how to use a Numatic CT machine which is nothing better than a wet & dry vac,and would
a Rotowash would be safe for you to use.
At your present level of expertise I would suggest you consider using "no wet wonder foam"  :)
John

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2009, 08:12:37 pm »
Give your work to a man that can!

Your fired!!!!!!!!

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2009, 08:51:21 pm »
fool proof for someone like me...

If there was a fool proof machine then I'm sure B&Q, Homebase etc would hire them out.
No machine is foolproof it's the person using them that can look the fool if they don't know what they are doing.
There's your answer.

hso

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2009, 08:51:59 pm »
oh dear, i was only asking for some advice..... :o

i was being serious by asking if the numatic ct machine should of done a better job, surely they should be able to spot clean without leaving it stained.

my expertise is providing contract cleaning and not a carpet cleaner ! but obviously i do get asked time to time to spot clean, anything other than this and i will look at shipping out to others that have the experience.

can someone answer me seriously if a rotawash machine cosing over a £1000 do a suitable carpet clean ...

not sure why you think im winding you up etc.

And yes i do agree the wonder foam on my lounge carpet did do a better job than the rotary machine and my numatic ct....and im not kidding.

sorry if ive annoyed people ....im confused as to why though...

jasonl

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2009, 08:53:53 pm »
Why not take the advice given ,, spend a day or 3 getting training
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

hso

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2009, 09:16:10 pm »
will give prochem a call and arrange one of the 2 day courses in chessington,

now i dare not ask any more questions, i did think that was the idea of a forum, sorry if i have upset any of you long timers in the carpet world with my lack of knowledge , ooooppppssss  :-X

garyfindlay

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2009, 09:21:43 pm »
I use a rotowash for agitation and its superb for that. You need something to rinse/sook the solution out the carpet. I wouldn`t pay a lot for the rotowash.

hso

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2009, 09:27:52 pm »
thank you Gary for that, Yes that is a good suggestion, but please can someone answer me as to why the numatic carpet shampoo leaves the carpets looking wet and even more stained.

Yes i will keep it for a wet pick up but i did really buy it for spot removal of which is not happening.

Mark Lawrence

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2009, 09:35:27 pm »
...but please can someone answer me as to why the numatic carpet shampoo leaves the carpets looking wet and even more stained.

Because its UNDERPOWERED  ::)

Yes it can do a spot clean, but thats about it. The reason why it looked worse was because it is leaving the carpet too wet and not actually removing the stains...guess why? Because it is too feeble!

Its not rocket science.

Mark

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2009, 10:42:17 pm »
Regretably the boss of Cleanitup decided not to go along with people using their real names and photos which is now the norm on lots of Forums.

We have no idea who you are or where you are located hence perhaps the reluctance to help.

I am no Carpet Cleaning Snob indeed one supplier tried to sell me a similiar machine to yours when I first started but I would have been highly anoyed

However i did see a local contract cleaner using one the other year.

But you need a twin vac with 135psi  to be serious and today the market has moved on to bigger machines.

Stick to contract cleaning and pass work on to friendly carpet cleaner

Its not unusal. 

Barry Livingstone

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2009, 11:34:38 am »
I can tell you that BANATYNES GYMS use the roto wash to clean the Gym carpets........My mates a manager in one...... the cleaner does it every week..........they tight bugger wont spend money on getting it done rite.......

And oh bet you didnt know he takes 100s of people to court every years and makes sure they get CCjs if they dont pay there member ships for the year....even IF they been put on the dole!!!!!

The man as NO morals.... dont let him kid you with his TV smlie.... and nice chat......robin hood had a mask on!!!!!! ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
Carpet, Upholstery cleaning & hard floor cleaning.
                     Fife, perth and tayside.

garyfindlay

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2009, 12:24:06 pm »
Was on the telly saying he doesn`t pay for contract cleaning, prefering to employ his own, to keep an ete on them.

Fraser Thom

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2009, 01:16:21 pm »
I can tell you that BANATYNES GYMS use the roto wash to clean the Gym carpets........My mates a manager in one...... the cleaner does it every week..........they tight bugger wont spend money on getting it done rite.......

And oh bet you didnt know he takes 100s of people to court every years and makes sure they get CCjs if they dont pay there member ships for the year....even IF they been put on the dole!!!!!

The man as NO morals.... dont let him kid you with his TV smlie.... and nice chat......robin hood had a mask on!!!!!! ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

The man isn't worth £300,000,000 because he gives his money away! 

More power to him, that's what I say - he started out, like most guys on this forum, as a one man band with a wee van(his was an ice cream van, not a carpet cleaning one) and look where he is now!

Go Duncan - you're the man  ;)

Joe H

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2009, 01:21:11 pm »
Depends what your aim in life is Fraser.

If you want to be the richest man around thats fine.
But you may make many unhappy people on the way.

Mine is to make people happy if I can.
I like happy customers  :-* :-* :-*