Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

thewaterwizard

Re: SLX Review
« Reply #100 on: October 07, 2009, 05:35:03 pm »
i agree

aftercare and customer service makes up for it and i am sure given a bit of time alex will solve the faults.

im having the same problems as the rest of you Ive got the  slx and super max and wouldn't change them
once these problems are sorted its got to be the best available

but i do not understand why people keep knocking gardiners and alex when they are doing their best
 to put things right for all of us

robin

jouk45

« Reply #101 on: October 07, 2009, 05:44:07 pm »
dispite everything i have heard, i have still ordered a 30ft  sl-x pole, simply because of  gardiners after care service,

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #102 on: October 07, 2009, 05:44:26 pm »
i agree

aftercare and customer service makes up for it and i am sure given a bit of time alex will solve the faults.

im having the same problems as the rest of you Ive got the  slx and super max and wouldn't change them
once these problems are sorted its got to be the best available

but i do not understand why people keep knocking gardiners and alex when they are doing their best
 to put things right for all of us

I understand why, it is a way of venting their frustration at having their day's work interrupted or made harder. The best way would be to contact me directly as then I am better able to assess the problem and take steps to rectify. The forum works but is less direct.

Fortunately these issues do not affect most users, but they are still annoying to those that it does affect.

« Reply #103 on: October 07, 2009, 05:49:10 pm »
I think Alex bears the brunt as he is about the only supplier that will come on the forums and 'fess up to prob's and try to offer solutions. As has been said by others the attitude of the supplier goes a long way to the choices customers make. ;)

« Reply #104 on: October 07, 2009, 05:51:26 pm »
My pole is great, if you are one of the  owners who has just bought an SL-X and ALSO find it is great at least you know now that you are not alone  ;D

pingu

« Reply #105 on: October 07, 2009, 06:30:41 pm »
My mk1 is now a dwarf..I've been out in the garden and cut the whole thing down is is now a stumpy short pole..I have removed the old mk1 clamps and fitted the new mk3 clamps...what I did find was significant wear down the pole sections lengthwise....so lopping the tops/bottoms off has now given it a new lease of life as my 2x3ft g/f pole which was used for 3 years is now in the bin.

It did hurt cutting the mk1 down even more but hey at least I don't look at it in the corner and curse it every time I pass it.

Cheers
Dave.

jouk45

« Reply #106 on: October 07, 2009, 06:32:00 pm »
you have changed your name  ;D

pingu

« Reply #107 on: October 07, 2009, 06:33:48 pm »
You can just call me Monkey if you want...keep's it less formal ;D ;D

Alistair@AWC

« Reply #108 on: October 07, 2009, 06:36:32 pm »

With regard to the external pole hose idea, this would greatly reduce, if not eliminate, pole wear on almost any pole. I had thought about a similar idea of hoops to hold the hose in situation.

Alex any chance of you producing these hoops for the SL2?

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #109 on: October 07, 2009, 06:48:11 pm »

With regard to the external pole hose idea, this would greatly reduce, if not eliminate, pole wear on almost any pole. I had thought about a similar idea of hoops to hold the hose in situation.

There is, but I will probably save it for the SL3......

Window Washers

« Reply #110 on: October 07, 2009, 06:54:40 pm »

There is, but I will probably save it for the SL3......
when is that out? would like a month and day in concrete please :D
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #111 on: October 07, 2009, 07:10:46 pm »
July the 12th 2010 at approximately 10.05 am.  Seriously though we haven't even decided if there is going to be an SL3 but we are throwing some ideas about. 

The hose holders is one idea that will make it through regardless of any other changes but that won't be within the next four months.

jouk45

« Reply #112 on: October 07, 2009, 07:13:41 pm »
hoops that a new one to me, please explain,  ::)

williamx

« Reply #113 on: October 07, 2009, 07:30:09 pm »
When I started this tread, it was not an opportunity to knock alex or gardiners, over the years I have purchased quite a lot of equipment from them and I have been quite happy with it.

Their SL2 modular pole is in my opinion the best high level cleaning pole on the market, I also like their brushheads and their fan jets are fantastic.

Their customer service is very good, but other suppliers also offer this type of excellence, Cleantech are a good example.

The only gripe I have ever had, has been the wait we have had to endur for the new products they bring out.

When I started this topic I pointed out the problems that I have come across, the clamps  are not that important in the long run, but the poles jamming all the time is very worrying, if I cannot use the pole all the time, what is the point of having it? it might be the lighest pole on the market, but its useless if you cannot extend it to clean the upper windows.

Some have said, why worry about these small problems, but when you have spent over £400 on a pole you expect it to last more than 2 months.

Tonight I have had to strip it down again to clean it, except now I cannot take the final 2 sections apart, they just will not budge past the yellow mark.

I also have had to re-glue the collars back on the  2nd and 4th pole again for the 4th time in the last 10 days.

The reason why the pole seems to jam more often than the other telesopic poles on the market, is I think, because the pole diameters are too close together, if they were 1 or 2mm smaller, I think this would cure the problem.

I also believe that the pole hose should be on the outside of the pole.

Alistair@AWC

« Reply #114 on: October 07, 2009, 07:37:09 pm »
Sorry Alex,

I wrote the hoop comment as I was reading the thread thinking it would be the same thing I was thinking about but you explained it further on and I realised your idea is much more engineered.

I was only thinking of a replacement for the velcro straps, rather than try to explain Ive just knocked up a mock up in paint...........................Dont laugh  ;)

Sorry couldn't seem to upload it, Alex I will email it to you!

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #115 on: October 07, 2009, 08:05:45 pm »
When I started this tread, it was not an opportunity to knock alex or gardiners, over the years I have purchased quite a lot of equipment from them and I have been quite happy with it.

Their SL2 modular pole is in my opinion the best high level cleaning pole on the market, I also like their brushheads and their fan jets are fantastic.

Their customer service is very good, but other suppliers also offer this type of excellence, Cleantech are a good example.

The only gripe I have ever had, has been the wait we have had to endur for the new products they bring out.

When I started this topic I pointed out the problems that I have come across, the clamps  are not that important in the long run, but the poles jamming all the time is very worrying, if I cannot use the pole all the time, what is the point of having it? it might be the lighest pole on the market, but its useless if you cannot extend it to clean the upper windows.

Some have said, why worry about these small problems, but when you have spent over £400 on a pole you expect it to last more than 2 months.

Tonight I have had to strip it down again to clean it, except now I cannot take the final 2 sections apart, they just will not budge past the yellow mark.

I also have had to re-glue the collars back on the  2nd and 4th pole again for the 4th time in the last 10 days.

The reason why the pole seems to jam more often than the other telesopic poles on the market, is I think, because the pole diameters are too close together, if they were 1 or 2mm smaller, I think this would cure the problem.

I also believe that the pole hose should be on the outside of the pole.

Sounds like I need to have this pole back to give it a 'once-over' in the workshop. I will drop you an email.

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #116 on: October 07, 2009, 09:05:39 pm »
Any one know how long till the new clamp levers, I've managed to snap another so I'm out of spares now.

Simon.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #117 on: October 07, 2009, 09:07:55 pm »
Any one know how long till the new clamp levers, I've managed to snap another so I'm out of spares now.

Simon.

If you email or ring the Office they would be able to answer your question and send you out some FOC replacements.  As previously posted, the new lever, barrel nut, bolt and bolt cup arrangement will be going out next week automatically to all SL-X and Super-Max owners regardless of whether they need them or not.  In the meantime I will get the girls in the Office to post some spare levers out to you tomorrow.

Pole 2 Pole

« Reply #118 on: October 07, 2009, 09:44:11 pm »
Sorry Alex. I had to go out this afternoon after my rant.I'll give you a bell tommorrow if that's ok? I got your number still. Just a word of warning. If you get a call from a mobile,ending in 780,put it on divert  ;D

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #119 on: October 07, 2009, 09:50:40 pm »
Sorry Alex. I had to go out this afternoon after my rant.I'll give you a bell tommorrow if that's ok? I got your number still. Just a word of warning. If you get a call from a mobile,ending in 780,put it on divert  ;D

:D  No probs.