This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Pole 2 Pole

Re: SLX Review
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2009, 05:42:25 pm »
I totally agree that would solve it. With hindsight, I should have done exactly that. I was too stressed out to think logically.   ::) It does defeat the object though, doesn't it? If i wanted a pole with hose wrapped around it, i woulda bought one  ::)

traps7

« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2009, 05:44:26 pm »
Had a bad day today with my slx. I suspected the first time i had to use this on a really wet day, that the grit picked up would screw me. I wasn't dissapointed. First job.....wet ground. The bloody thing seized up on me. Couldn't extent the bottom section at all. Even if i had of, it would have happened again and again and again. Love the pole............but what happened today really p*ssed me off  ::) Luckily i have a spare Harris DIY jobbie. Hate to say it, but it saved my backside. I coulda been well n truly mullered.  :-\

Exactly the same happened to me today twice. Didn't lock up totally but were grinding and stiff. Had to dismantle the first two sections and hose off with a customers hose pipe. Don't want it wearing any quicker than it already is.  I can't get enough flow from my pump to clean it out with pure water.

I find it worse on block pave driveways as they're often quite sandy.

As I've said before though, I'd still buy it again.

Pole 2 Pole

« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2009, 05:46:13 pm »
What's that grinding sound like???? I dunno what grinds more when that happens, the pole or my teeth  ;D

jouk45

« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2009, 08:32:43 pm »
if an automatic cleaner was available to clean your tubing as you work, no manual cleaning, would you buy it, will stop all dirt and grit getting into your pole and damaging it,, price would be around 14.99 for any size pole,

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2009, 08:39:46 pm »
if an automatic cleaner was available to clean your tubing as you work, no manual cleaning, would you buy it, will stop all dirt and grit getting into your pole and damaging it,, price would be around 14.99 for any size pole,

Absolutely, I would buy three. No doubt about it.

But......how easy will the pole hose come out when lowering the pole? That might be the biggest issue.

Tell us more please.

jouk45

« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2009, 08:50:12 pm »
very easy, it took me a little bit to work it out, working on 2 prototypes now, am just surprised it has not been done yet, all the parts i ordered should be here tomorrow so can do more testing, just need to know what the market would be like if i go ahead and make them, or convince a supplier like gardiners to take it on,

traps7

« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2009, 08:56:34 pm »
Well if it works I think a lot of people will be interested.

jouk45

« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2009, 09:01:12 pm »
yes i hope it will traps7, i do a lot of inventions, so have a good knowlege of what has a chance of working, as tim said working the problem out lowering the pole, which am 95% certain i have worked it out, it looks good to  8)

ftp

« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2009, 09:06:47 pm »
I had thought of fitting a brush system in the base of the pole maybe in place of the butt ring (ooerr).

traps7

« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2009, 09:07:40 pm »
Yeh, sounds painful.

jouk45

« Reply #70 on: October 06, 2009, 09:10:28 pm »
what i have is simply fitted to the base,

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #71 on: October 06, 2009, 09:30:51 pm »
Jouk is this your master plan you told me you had a couple of months ago?
Good on ya.
Hope it works, are you taking one to the show on Friday?

Matt
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

concept

« Reply #72 on: October 06, 2009, 09:35:21 pm »
i was drinkin a lucozade sport the other day, and examining the system they have in the lid, and wondered if that would work on the base section of all poles?

for those who dont know what it is, its like a rubber section with an x cut into it, that under the correct pressure, opens to let the liquid through. clearly there would be no pressure required, but a rubber section with slots cut so the pole hose can be pushed through, tight enough to clean the hose, but loose enough to allow it to move freely upon extension.

jouk45

« Reply #73 on: October 06, 2009, 09:38:05 pm »
Jouk is this your master plan you told me you had a couple of months ago?
Good on ya.
Hope it works, are you taking one to the show on Friday?

Matt
no matt, that was my ufobrush  ;D  sorry i cant make it to the show, i never knew there was one until 2 weeks ago  :'(

jouk45

« Reply #74 on: October 06, 2009, 09:47:38 pm »
i was drinkin a lucozade sport the other day, and examining the system they have in the lid, and wondered if that would work on the base section of all poles?

for those who dont know what it is, its like a rubber section with an x cut into it, that under the correct pressure, opens to let the liquid through. clearly there would be no pressure required, but a rubber section with slots cut so the pole hose can be pushed through, tight enough to clean the hose, but loose enough to allow it to move freely upon extension.

you mean like this  dish towel holder ;D

concept

« Reply #75 on: October 06, 2009, 09:52:12 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

jouk45

« Reply #76 on: October 06, 2009, 09:53:26 pm »
am not drinking out of that  ;D ;D ;D

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #77 on: October 07, 2009, 10:34:02 am »
Jo, if you need any one to fieldtest it for a week, I would be more then happy to do so, I would gladly pay for it as well.

I can do a minireview with some pictures etc.

master cleaner

« Reply #78 on: October 07, 2009, 10:54:20 am »
the reason the pole sticks is because you let the hose trail on the floor and pick up grit, if you carry the hose in your hand and only have the hose as long as is needed you wont have this problem i do this and have just ordered an slx for myself iv used my mates a couple of times and i have had a facelift pole for nearly 4 years
Simples

gary

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #79 on: October 07, 2009, 11:11:00 am »
the reason the pole sticks is because you let the hose trail on the floor and pick up grit, if you carry the hose in your hand and only have the hose as long as is needed you wont have this problem i do this and have just ordered an slx for myself iv used my mates a couple of times and i have had a facelift pole for nearly 4 years
Simples

gary

Or, even better, get a pole hose tidy from Purefreedom :

http://www.purefreedom.co.uk/store_polespares.html