Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

pingu

Re: SLX Review
« Reply #80 on: October 07, 2009, 01:18:27 pm »
I personally feel that my SL-X mk3 is jamming far more that the mk1 ever did...I have had the mk3 since it's release and it jams weekly but the mk1 only ever jammed aprox 3 to 4 times are there tighter tolerences with the mk3 than the mk1?

Cheers
Dave.

ftp

« Reply #81 on: October 07, 2009, 01:26:20 pm »
Think so, also the mk1 had a different clamping system that actually distorted the carbon it moved so much and split around the drilled hole. When that clamp was released it seemed to be much looser.

pingu

« Reply #82 on: October 07, 2009, 02:05:39 pm »
Yes I have just had a look at my old mk1 and there does seem to be alot more gap but then again I am looking at a old pole...

Cheers
Dave.

traps7

« Reply #83 on: October 07, 2009, 02:26:35 pm »
G,L,R let us know how you get on.

I've only been wfp for a few months but I can't see how you can not drag the pole hose sometimes. It's unavoidable.

And how is a hose tidy going to help? I can see the point in the van but not whilst working.

ftp

« Reply #84 on: October 07, 2009, 02:36:35 pm »
How about something like this:

http://www.raisedfloorgrommets.com/snap-in-brush-grommets.asp

Hmmmm, I reckon I could cut up my sons car wheel cleaning brush and coil that inside the base section for the hose to pass through - shouldn't be too difficult.

traps7

« Reply #85 on: October 07, 2009, 02:54:14 pm »
Looks good. The only thing I worry about with this whole idea is that whatever is used will trap grit inside the pole.

We'll have to wait for someone to make something and get it tested.

« Reply #86 on: October 07, 2009, 02:58:03 pm »
If it has the ability to trap grit inside the pole doesnt it therefore also have the ability to trap grit outside the pole?

We'll have to wait for someone to make something and get it tested.

Of you go then  ;D

ftp

« Reply #87 on: October 07, 2009, 02:58:16 pm »
Maybe a brush ring that sits around the hose then as you extend the pole the ring simply butts up to the pole base and automatically rubs the hose clean. Collapse the pole and the ring just falls away.

I have the wheel brush in my hand - I think I might take the wire brush out of it and and simply ziptie the loop to the base of the pole and try that first. (nothing else to do - it's hissing down)

Pole 2 Pole

« Reply #88 on: October 07, 2009, 03:27:04 pm »
I wrapped my hose round the outside of the pole today as mentioned yesterday. Yep, same problem. Grit now finds itself attached to the outside of the pole. Same dilemma to be honest. Call me a cynic........and i hate talkin like this,i really do. But  as good as the weight of the pole is...........I feel like i been mugged for £200 odd quid and earned the title of Guinea pig of the year. There is no way my pole was tested for as long as has been said. Not on a wet day anyway. I didn't buy a pole to wipe it down,break it down,flush it out every 2 seconds. I'm that close to selling it......though i wouldn't recommend buying  >:(

« Reply #89 on: October 07, 2009, 03:29:55 pm »
Which pole would you recommend pole 2 pole to avoid your problems?

Pole 2 Pole

« Reply #90 on: October 07, 2009, 03:31:20 pm »
the reason the pole sticks is because you let the hose trail on the floor and pick up grit, if you carry the hose in your hand and only have the hose as long as is needed you wont have this problem i do this and have just ordered an slx for myself iv used my mates a couple of times and i have had a facelift pole for nearly 4 years
Simples

gary
As for keeping the hose off the ground...........i'm far too busy trying to work to think about keeping the hose levitated off the ground. I'm sure most others are too.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #91 on: October 07, 2009, 03:34:03 pm »
I wrapped my hose round the outside of the pole today as mentioned yesterday. Yep, same problem. Grit now finds itself attached to the outside of the pole. Same dilemma to be honest. Call me a cynic........and i hate talkin like this,i really do. But  as good as the weight of the pole is...........I feel like i been mugged for £200 odd quid and earned the title of Guinea pig of the year. There is no way my pole was tested for as long as has been said. Not on a wet day anyway. I didn't buy a pole to wipe it down,break it down,flush it out every 2 seconds. I'm that close to selling it......though i wouldn't recommend buying  >:(

Email me your phone number and I'll have a chat with you - alex@agardiner.co.uk.

pingu

« Reply #92 on: October 07, 2009, 03:34:15 pm »
Hey anyone from Facelift?..hey could you make your poles a little shorter and perhaps lighten them a bit and whilst your there could you make them a little cheaper than the SL-X ft for ft...I'll buy one and I think so would a few other people here...

Cheer
Dave.

Pole 2 Pole

« Reply #93 on: October 07, 2009, 03:38:35 pm »
I had the extel mate. No problems in the wet whatsoever. Even on wet days

Pole 2 Pole

« Reply #94 on: October 07, 2009, 03:44:22 pm »
I had the extel mate. No problems in the wet whatsoever. Even on wet days
Sorry for stating the bleeding obvious  ;D I could have edited that......but i don't mind having the numptiest quote of the week  ;D

« Reply #95 on: October 07, 2009, 04:47:07 pm »
Problems in the  dry then? On dry days  ;D

macmac

« Reply #96 on: October 07, 2009, 04:51:28 pm »
My MKI is still going strong, I must just be better than you all!!!!!! 8) 8)

Anyone want to buy a 44ft carbon facelift????

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #97 on: October 07, 2009, 05:00:36 pm »
Pole2Pole you still haven't emailed me.  :)

trevor perry

« Reply #98 on: October 07, 2009, 05:16:07 pm »
alex when will the new levers be sent out i had one of mine break today and its pointless ordering another if the new ones are being sent out soon.

just for the record i have tried most poles facelift, brodex, ionics, peter fogwells first clampless model and others but the SLX in my opinion is still the best and even though it does have its faults the aftercare and customer service makes up for it and i am sure given a bit of time alex will solve the faults.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #99 on: October 07, 2009, 05:22:05 pm »
alex when will the new levers be sent out i had one of mine break today and its pointless ordering another if the new ones are being sent out soon.

just for the record i have tried most poles facelift, brodex, ionics, peter fogwells first clampless model and others but the SLX in my opinion is still the best and even though it does have its faults the aftercare and customer service makes up for it and i am sure given a bit of time alex will solve the faults.

We'll send some more out to you Trevor, no probs.  The new levers and barrel nuts are due in at the end of the week so will start going out next Monday.