Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

LWC

"Your late" customers
« on: September 17, 2009, 08:17:44 pm »
Had one today, im behind at mo, mind you im behind quite a bit cause work wont stop coming in. But im just thinking, does it really matter! Its a piddly £6 and im not casting it off as work is work, but they aint had to part with their money for a extra 2 weeks, big deal "i thought you werent coming back" ... dear me i think some of them need to get out more, if it was me i wouldnt even notice, we have a gardener and i couldnt care less if he came this week or 6 weeks late, as long as he showed his face reasonably i wouldnt quarm about it, 3 - 4 months then fair enough THAT is late, but a few weeks here and there, what really gets me to is they dont ask is everything ok, anything could of happened, it just so happens id had 2 weeks holiday with my kids and wife over summer holidays, and had a very nice time at that, which has sent me out quite a bit...but i suppose we're not supposed to have holidays and have a life and clean their windows regardless .... rant over.

Steve CM

Re: "Your late" customers
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 08:21:34 pm »
if you run a regular service then you should be on time. if you are gonna be late through holiday then let your custys know. you wouldn't like it if they told you not this week, come back in 2 weeks would you?

LWC

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 08:23:31 pm »
Oh shut up Steven  ;D

Gimp

Steve CM

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 08:24:22 pm »
Gimp

you been chatting to my missus? ???

;D

LWC

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2009, 08:26:21 pm »
She did mention a few masks

G Griffin

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2009, 08:26:50 pm »
How dare you have a holiday  ::).
And 2 weeks! You`re earning too much  >:(

Gerry ;D.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

cozy

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2009, 08:38:05 pm »
I reckon I have about 1% that give a monky's if I am exactly on time. Most of my stuff is six weekly, and I tell them when I start them as new custies, that we are sometimes upto 2 weeks late. Still get the odd one that moans about us being a couple of days late, but who cares? So long as you don't lose half your custies, no problem I think.

Nice to have too much work than not enough innit? :)

martinsadie

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2009, 08:41:57 pm »
sometimes i get 3 or even 4 week behind and no one complains

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2009, 08:42:24 pm »
I'm always late, used to be 4 weeks, now it's 6. This has happened over time as my work has grown. Not had a complaint, think custys just accept with a weather dependent job I'll come when I come. Works for me, gives me flexibility.

Infact, when I was 4 weeks I used to get regular moans I was back too soon!

LWC

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2009, 08:45:14 pm »
I aint had it for a while like, but exaclty mate weather depnent etc etc...who cares!

Everone else is happy enough. Ill go round nxt week and do them again lol

NWH

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2009, 08:49:43 pm »
Loads of my stuff is like a month late,you can price higher if your not round what seems like every 5 minutes unless it`s commercial.

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2009, 08:50:11 pm »

Yea, that'll show em, bet they dont complain again after that.

Anyway, FYI, Im quite often late. I used to years ago have a 4 week round, now I tell em its 6, but not to bet on it being that regular.

LWC

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2009, 08:56:16 pm »

Anyway, FYI, Im quite often late. I used to years ago have a 4 week round, now I tell em its 6, but not to bet on it being that regular.

I use similar word to, 5 - 6 weeks, but sometimes i may be late with weather etc.

If they dont like it, theyre welcome to fid someone else, but i wont be tied down to a regimated 6 weeks(example) im sorry

luther1

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2009, 09:12:06 pm »
I'm always late unless its contract commercial jobs.Imo,if you on time then you haven't enough work!

john tomkins

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2009, 10:51:22 pm »
I ain't been up to date for about a year now, generally a week behind,  I've got a few that mark the calendar and may make a comment  so I just do those ones on time and the other 99% couldn't care less.

dave0123

« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2009, 11:09:47 pm »
am sure some customers think all you're there for is to clean theres only!!

same when people ring up and expect to give them a price over the phone then expect you to drop everything to go and clean theres right this second.
Dave.

ronnie paton

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2009, 11:46:00 pm »
i very rarely late for two reasons one i like te money an dknowing what iv got coming in and two i just think provideing a regular service is important.

if your getting behind all the time then its time to employ or work in the rain ;)

john tomkins

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2009, 11:53:11 pm »
i very rarely late for two reasons one i like te money an dknowing what iv got coming in and two i just think provideing a regular service is important.

if your getting behind all the time then its time to employ or work in the rain ;)

ronnie, if we are all behind and not losing customers through it......
then it proves providing a regular service is not important

ronnie paton

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2009, 11:57:44 pm »
ALL who is all??????

im sorry but there are millions of window cleaners out there and i guess alot of the sccesful companes do it by providing a regular profesional service..........by the wa thats not a guess i know for a fact ;)

Londoner

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2009, 07:20:46 am »
Some customers just need to get a life! They have nothing better to do most of them than to count the weeks since your last visit. How sad.