Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Moderator David@stives

My van for sale on ebay
« on: August 29, 2009, 07:23:42 pm »
I am selling my merc van on ebay, i am selling it without the system fitted but if anyone wants it I could add a cheap system to it.

item no 280390954377

I have just bought 2 Renault Traffic vans today for £10'750 plus vat each, both have electric windows and air con.

Is that a good deal

Re: My van for sale on ebay
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 07:47:04 pm »
I am selling my merc van on ebay, i am selling it without the system fitted but if anyone wants it I could add a cheap system to it.

item no 280390954377

I have just bought 2 Renault Traffic vans today for £10'750 plus vat each, both have electric windows and air con.

Is that a good deal

Sounds a decent deal if they come with spare gearboxes   :)  .
Which Trafics did you go for Dave?
SWB or LWB?
Also, I have found that going for the 2.9 tonner has been better for me (most are 2.7 tonnes).
2.7 is probably OK if you have electronic flow control and smaller bore hose/ smaller jets as you can carry less water.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 08:39:01 am »
I got the SL27 dci 115 short wheelbase on a 59 plate.

Got free aircon thrown in.

Mike_G

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 08:50:50 am »
Be interested to know if anyone with a vivaro trafic or primastar have had a problem with gearboxes on a model from the 56 plate onwards. A friend of mine works for vauxhall and he says they fixed whatever problem there was with the boxes by then. Only took 4 years!

ftp

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 09:26:52 am »
Someone told me it's the six speed boxes that cause all the trouble  ???

john tomkins

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2009, 09:50:24 am »
This is "Window Cleaning Issues"
The "Buy and Sell used equipment here" is futher down the board.

Mods please move ::)

;D

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2009, 10:53:17 am »
I got the SL27 dci 115 short wheelbase on a 59 plate.

Got free aircon thrown in.

Should be OK as you've bought them new.
I've got an 800 litre tank in the back of a 2.9 tonne SWB 100DCI.  With my other equipment (including ladder) it would be marginally overloaded if I filled it.  I can get it under the weight filling it when low on diesel but it's rare that I need the tank full anyway.  I've lost 1 and a half stone in weight myself since May so getting down to my right body weight will help too.
I reckon that if you fill a 650 litre tank in a 2.7 Trafic, you will be borderline.  With a passenger it may take you over so maybe check this out Dave?  You may be OK as I'm a lot fatter than you  :)
Depends what other equipment you carry too of course.

stephen s

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2009, 11:02:40 am »

;D

don't you use a van for cleaning windows then ?     and potential van buyers FOR CLEANING WINDOWS  may just find it useful as a guide to buying a good reliable van for WINDOW CLEANING

So Dave what warranty did you get with the vans ?

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2009, 11:08:51 am »

;D

don't you use a van for cleaning windows then ?     and potential van buyers FOR CLEANING WINDOWS  may just find it useful as a guide to buying a good reliable van for WINDOW CLEANING

So Dave what warranty did you get with the vans ?

I'm not Dave (obviously)  :)  but new Trafic, Vivaro, Primastar vans come with 3 years/60,000 miles warranty.
Gearboxes are not an exclusion   :)
This warranty was honoured with me even though I was the second owner (gearbox failed at 39,000 miles when it was 2 years and 10 months old).
Very important to keep the service record and to have them serviced at right time in case they try to wriggle.

john tomkins

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2009, 11:22:11 am »

You obviously didn't see the  ;D at the end of the post

Get out of bed the wrong side did we ::)

Pole 2 Pole

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2009, 11:29:38 am »
It's ok John. I got it  ;) Some people are sooooo tetchy  ;D

spotless2000

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2009, 11:37:39 am »
We run 3 Renault vans for our WC business and my wife used to have a Clio.  The Clio was 34 months old and had covered 8000 miles when we purchased it from our local BCA auction.  2 months after the Clio's warranty expired the ignition coils failed.  Although the dealer couldn't cover these under the warranty, as it had expired, they suggested that we contact Renault UK.  We received a cheque for the full cost of the repairs 7 days later.  The low mileage may have helped with their descision to honour the cost but it restored our faith in dealer after sales care.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2009, 11:39:28 am »
I got told that allowing for a driver and a tank of fuel, the carrying capacity is an additional 1092 kg

We only use 650l tank, one set of treble ladders , an a frame, 2 pumps and reels and 3 poles and a bucket, and a few other bits

stephen s

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2009, 11:40:06 am »

You obviously didn't see the  ;D at the end of the post

Get out of bed the wrong side did we ::)

oh sorry mate I didn't know your were being a comedian  ;D     I'll fetch my coat   and my VAN as my beds in the back  ;D

poole bay

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2009, 12:18:05 pm »
i have a traffic lwb dci100 and iv had new gear box clutch new gears it goes on and on i would say stay well clear of traffics iv spent a good 3 k on parts and it all goes just after your warranty

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2009, 12:30:21 pm »
I will trade them in as soon as the warranty runs out, that is the whole point of buying new, no costly repairs and no mots for 3 years.

Also you get to drive around in a smart new modern van with better crash safety and economy than older vehicles.

Talking of clutches etc, on my t4 vw i have had 2 clutches in 18 months, new steering rack and now the engine smokes like a chimney, I would be lucky to get £2k  for it, I am selling that one as well by the way

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2009, 12:32:16 pm »
I got told that allowing for a driver and a tank of fuel, the carrying capacity is an additional 1092 kg

We only use 650l tank, one set of treble ladders , an a frame, 2 pumps and reels and 3 poles and a bucket, and a few other bits

I'm having to go by memory Dave because the website where I used to check these things has changed format.
However, I believe that a 2.7 tonne Trafic had a tiny bit over 1 tonne payload (I think it was 1,012 kg but this may not be exact).  The driver and passenger weight, fuel and equipment have to be deducted from this.
If you have been told that you can carry 1,092 kg OVER AND ABOVE the weight of fuel and driver, you may want to check this elsewhere too.  Indeed, such a figure looks a little high even for a 2.9 tonner.
Say a driver weighs 90 kilos.  The fuel tank holds another 90 litres (say 90 kilos).  That's 180 kilos to come off the payload total if the diesel tank is full.  I reckon that's about 830 kilos (variable depending on driver weight) you have to fit a tank, carry water and tools etc.
I once did a weighbridge check with mine.  With all my tools and me in the van, I had room for about 770 litres.  Everything else being equal, this would allow you about 570 litres of water.  However, I am very overweight, my water system is heavier than some, and I was carrying more equipment than a lot of people do.
You may well get 650 litres in there but it could be borderline.
I suggest that you fill up with diesel, have an empty water tank, put in all the equipment you would normally expect to use and sit in the van while it is being weighed.  Deduct the total from 2,700 kilos and that will give you the amount of water (in litres) that you may carry legally.  If it's tight, you can always put less diesel in or only fill it when you will need less water than usual.
For the tenner it will cost, I reckon the peace of mind is worthwhile.

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2009, 12:38:35 pm »
I will trade them in as soon as the warranty runs out, that is the whole point of buying new, no costly repairs and no mots for 3 years.

Also you get to drive around in a smart new modern van with better crash safety and economy than older vehicles.

Talking of clutches etc, on my t4 vw i have had 2 clutches in 18 months, new steering rack and now the engine smokes like a chimney, I would be lucky to get £2k  for it, I am selling that one as well by the way

I was hoping to buy a brand new Hiace when the loan has been paid on my Trafic (October 2010), but I will probably try to squeeze extra time from it and hope there are no more big repairs needed.  My Trafic is currently 6 and a half years old and done 77,000 miles.
I would like to go brand new with the next one but I will see how my finances are by the time that day arrives.  It would be nice to have a year or so with not having to make any payments.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2009, 12:44:26 pm »
Thanks Paul

I will look into it

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2009, 03:06:22 pm »
I run a fleet of vivaro/traffic/and the Nissan ones and touch wood have never had any problems with gearboxes some have over 100k on them