This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Blue Frog Systems

Decent footwear
« on: August 04, 2009, 07:22:32 am »
Well after wearing trainer for the last four months my feet are killing me. I cant walk on the kitchen floor bare foot now because they hurt so much.

Whats good window cleaning footwear ? What you got on your feet when cleaning ?
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

Chris Cottrell

Re: Decent footwear
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 07:37:16 am »
Whatever you choose make sure there saftey footwear (steel toe caps)

stephen s

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 07:58:16 am »
Timberland pro are excellent and are breathable and very comfy, cost about £50 - £60 a pair but long lasting and as I said comfy

pingu

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 08:10:17 am »
Meindl boots...the do cost but I never get wet feet and they are very comfortable.

Cheers
Dave.

jonnyald

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 08:13:40 am »
i wear mercury  trainers but theyre like running shoes with a spongey heel .  theyve a grippy toothed sole

they were only a tenner  but iv been back to the shop to get another pair as a reserve and might go get another  

Mike #1

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009, 08:16:31 am »
during the summer i wear karrimor trekking shoe you can get them from sports direct for abouut £20 really comy and durable ,Winter time i wear karrimor hiking boot i wfp so no good for ladder work there is always bargains to be had somewhere try mandmdirect also

karygate

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2009, 08:20:21 am »
i wear walking trainers and your feet stay dry and comfortable.pick em up from sports world 15 to 20 quid.
gary

stephen s

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2009, 08:26:44 am »
yes but are any of these other cheaper ones STEEL TOECAP ?  because if there not then you haven't got the correct footwear.

after all spending hundreds and thousands of pounds on WFP equipment and then cheap flimsy trainers to protect your feet in just don't add up.

Rob_Mac

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2009, 08:38:42 am »
Unless you are on a construction/building site there is no legal requirement to wear steel toe capped footwear.

Unless the legislation has changed - which I would know about and this now includes working on domestic properties there is no need.

Where do some of you guys get your thinking from.

Oh dear I've dropped water on my trainer, I will be maimed for life!! get a grip!!!.

Should we all walk round in our every day life completely kitted out in full PPE just in case something might happen. There are no footwear police wandering round - unless you do site work.

In 10 years no domestic customer has ever asked me to get off their property because I wear trainers.

Wear what you want to wear, if steel toe caps suit wear them but don't tell people they should be wearing them because that just is not correct!!

Rob ;D

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2009, 08:47:25 am »
Thanks for the replys guys. Will have a loook at what you heave suggested :)
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

stephen s

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2009, 08:53:00 am »
no its not legal to wear them on domestic, I was just pointing out the reason why you should wear them,  like the window cleaner I met who dropped a ladder on his foot and broke 2 toes,    accidents do happen and as they say more accidents happen in the home and that means anyone else's home.

so smug remarks from people like you carry no weight,

people wear what they wear just that some take H&S more than others and value the protection of themselves plus they like the idea of having a long lasting and comfy pair of shoe/boots to work in.

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2009, 09:18:55 am »
i wear the karrimor leather hiking boots all year round.waterproof,good grip for roofs and ladders and support ankles well.40quid half price.well worth it :).reinforced toe as well
price higher/work harder!

Rob_Mac

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2009, 09:27:15 am »
Stephen

You have a couple of pictures on your website that look like the operative is wearing flip flops!!

Rob ;D

ok cleaning

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2009, 09:31:17 am »
try strauss direct good stuff

stoneleech

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2009, 10:05:47 am »
Stephen

You have a couple of pictures on your website that look like the operative is wearing flip flops!!

Rob ;D
They are safty flip flops  ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2009, 11:17:04 am »
Another karrimor boots guy here (for winter) - I bought mine 5 years ago and they're still good. No steel toe cap though.

Summer - a light pair of aldi walking boots or trainers.
It's a game of three halves!

Llaaww

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2009, 11:20:02 am »
wrangler boots do for me, buy a tin of fabsil and give them a squirt at the start of the week.
if it is dirty it is fair game

brianbarber

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2009, 01:46:30 pm »
Merrell trainers. had since jan08
cost £55.
Assuming i replace august(hole now on sole)
Approx 2.75 per month !!!!!!

Mr B
If in doubt.....Leave it out !!

stephen s

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2009, 07:26:31 pm »
Stephen

Rob ;D

Rob

I know but thats because he has replacement toes as his old ones fell off  ;D ;D ;D

martinsadie

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2009, 07:33:40 pm »
Doc Martains for me all year round