This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

johns window kleen

Re: Decent footwear
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2009, 07:35:57 pm »
Doc Martains for me all year round

Doctor Martians??

What planet are you on Stanley. ;D

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2009, 07:52:30 pm »
just got some karrimor lightweight hikers only had em a couple of days but seem good very comf fairly breatheable and dry but early days
from mid oct on its alpines andes boot bit hot on milder days but wick lined so not too sweaty and totally waterproof where it matters ie on the toe of your leading foot
got some steels for site work but we dont do much of that any more

vivaro 013

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2009, 08:08:12 pm »
what ever there all say, go for something which a good quality waterproof boots, working all day with wet feet and winter approaching, you  are heading for problems if you allow your feet to get wet everyday

Mike #1

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2009, 08:15:43 pm »
you can try sealskinz socks to wear in winter i find my feet still get wet at times with boots never tried socks mind but have heard good reports

martinsadie

« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2009, 08:16:45 pm »
Doc Martains for me all year round

Doctor Martians??

What planet are you on Stanley. ;D
spaced out again  ;D

mileslake

« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2009, 07:38:32 am »
I've had two pairs of karrimor waterproof walking shoes. The second pair, with "vibram" soles have lasted ages,  the other pair wore out quickly. I get them from TK Maxx about £29.

At freezing or below my feet get wet for some reason.

stephen s

« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2009, 07:40:28 am »
you can try sealskinz socks to wear in winter i find my feet still get wet at times with boots never tried socks mind but have heard good reports

yes the seals swear by them  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Pole 2 Pole

« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2009, 07:49:28 am »
http://www.igtc.co.uk/acatalog/info_66098.html
I bought these in the winter last year. Excellent price......excellent price.........free delivery too. Would seriously recommend. In fact, they,re so good about 3 months after buying them,the company very kindly refunded the £67 quid back into my bank account. shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  ;)
Direct Link to website
http://www.igtc.co.uk/acatalog/Timberland.html

chuggers

« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2009, 10:30:19 am »
north face waterproof shoes. fantastic grip and very comfy. Seal skin socks are great in the winter.
It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

tony talbot

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2009, 10:26:31 pm »
any pair of steel toe cap boots, wet them then walk them dry then they fit like slippers, once dry proof them with spray, done it for 20 years never fails :)

John Walker

« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2009, 07:47:51 am »

I also wear Dr Martins.  I have the slip on boots with composite toe cap.  Very comfortable for all day working - totally waterproof - no gussetts etc.

Most of all, they are very quick to slip off when entering a customer's home and no worry about tieing laces etc etc.

Although they are my workboots, I keep them polished to maintain a good image.

(not cheap but last a very long time)
BaxWalker Window Cleaning

Londoner

« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2009, 08:06:17 am »
I've had all sorts in my time but I now just buy the cheapo safety boots from Toolstation for £14.99 .  Several types to choose from, all very hardwearing. Why pay more?

jefftemperley

« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2009, 02:00:05 pm »
decent hiking boots through the winter so your feet are always dry , and trainers during dry spells even flip flops if its hot........... mine have only seen about 2 weeks this year.

the trick with feet that give you trouble is to alternate different shoes as they will all take pressure in slightly different areas which can help to alleviate niggles
bad weather always looks worse through dirty windows

kenaltobelli

« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2009, 08:41:01 pm »
  adidas sambas you have to look good;sort of like a faild footballer