Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

On average how many calls do you get per day

0 to 1
21.3%
17 (21.3%)
2 to 3
38.8%
31 (38.8%)
4 to 6
18.8%
15 (18.8%)
7 to 10
8.8%
7 (8.8%)
11 +
12.5%
10 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 71

master-clean

How many calls per day
« on: July 27, 2009, 06:55:09 pm »
I was wondering what the average number of calls most of us get per day was. (please only vote for domestic carpet cleaning)

Thanks

Jim_77

Re: How many calls per day
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 07:43:35 pm »
I get almost as many enquiries as I do telesales chumps hassling me ::)

brianbarber

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 07:48:04 pm »
I'm with jim on this one!!!
They do my head in!!!

Mr B
If in doubt.....Leave it out !!

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 07:54:04 pm »
Not had many sales calls today 3 I think and that's quite good, Yell.com are the worst as they sell on your details. Monday is always a big phone day for me I have been known to book a full weeks work with phone calls just on a Monday morning especially at Xmas.

Shaun

derek west

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 07:54:32 pm »
i get between 100 and 102 calls a day, so i suppose i get 101 calls a day, but some days i get 100 a day and occasionally i get 103 calls a day, but mostly 101 but not always, but often. today i got 3, but thats a one off, apart from january the 7th when i got 3 as well so today wasn't a one off, you could say it was a 2 off. unless i get 3 tomorrow.

hope that wasn't too complicated an answer. ;D

why do people try and see how others are doing so they can compare. most on here will exagerate anyway. get on with getting the amount of calls you want instead of looking at others.

derek (fed up) west

wish this bloody baby would hurry up.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 08:02:47 pm »
Derek's right (as always)  ;D, getting people to call you doesn't mean that they are booking in, I get approx 6-10 new customers, old customers are usually 9-10 never can get the lot as some don't like the timing or the price which they paid last time or just want to know for future reference.

I do get alot of phone calls but I've been doing this job since I was 3 years old (slight fib)

Shaun

Jim_77

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2009, 08:03:19 pm »
should have taken robert's advice and gone to bed this morning, grumpy :D

derek west

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2009, 08:19:55 pm »
and missed all them calls? ;D
derek

master-clean

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2009, 08:22:36 pm »
I was interested in whats the average for a one man band c/cer.

I would say the majority of calls I get is price shoppers/time wasters, but theres the few genuine ones their usally the ones ask you to come out and quote my fav customers :),

the ones really annoy me is just wanting a single stain removed I tell them its my min £75 and think to myself.. 'yeah thats right miss's I aint coming out for penuts, bugger off and call someone else'  ;D ;D

David_Annable

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2009, 08:24:31 pm »
Hi

Slightly off topic.

How do you get rid off the telesales without being rude.

Or do you just tell the to ***** off!

Dave
NCCA, Woolsafe, IICRC Leather Cleaning Technician

Jim_77

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2009, 08:27:27 pm »
the easiest way of not being rude is simply hanging up :)

I couldn't promise not to be rude if i actually said something.

derek west

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2009, 08:34:49 pm »
did you not watch dragons den last week, its the future.
auto voice answers calls and asks who they are, records it, then plays it back to you while telling them to wait. you then decide wether to answer or zap the call with the zap button. once the zap button is deployed, the automated posh womens voice says...."our client does not want to speak to you, don't call again. goodbye". well funny

as soon as i get someone saying "can i speak to the owner of the business" i simply say, "bet you a tenner i'm not interested and by the way, this call is being recorded so if you answer yes to my wager i will use it in evidence to make you pay up" ;D
derek

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2009, 12:37:00 am »
When I get a telesales, I usually pass the phone to my 3 year old girl, who chats to them about Peppa Pig!!!

Goldfinch PCS

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2009, 02:09:26 am »
The best way to get rid of telesales is to register your numbers with the preferential service watch dog, they make sure your numbers home, office and mobile isn't on any marketing list or you can sue. Do it and feel and see the difference, they use to call me all time of day. Who wasn't selling ist place on google was selling adverts in hospitals to god knows what.

http://www.tpsonline.org.uk
Goldfinch PCS
0800 612 9244
LTT PROmite(Altec) Member of - IICRC
www.goldfinchpcs.co.uk

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2009, 06:25:46 am »
Depends what time of year it is. Cleaning enquiries as follows:

Jan thru March it's probably about 4/5 a day.

April thru May 5/6 a day

June thru Dec 10+ a day.

Since I've started to have a web presence this has started to add about 1 extra call a day (included within those figures).

No, I don't convert all enquiries, but a price shopper is only a price shopper if you can't convert them into booking in. So stay positive.

Tele-sales I find tends to go in waves. Nothing for a week or more then you'll get several weeks where I get around 4/5 a week, then back to nothing.

Favourite put down:

"Can I speak to the owner?"

ME: "No."

(After a short pause)

THem:"Thanks very much. Goodbye"
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

Ricky M

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2009, 06:58:35 am »
some times no calls some times a few , its nothing to do volume its all about conversion and job value for the single operator IMO
www.ability1975.co.uk
                          www.carpetcleaninguttoxeter.co.uk  
              NCCA !? but why have non of my clients herd of them ??

master-clean

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2009, 08:01:55 am »
There is a way to get rid of telesales without being rude when they ask if you are interested or just when they finished talking say.. "No Thanks" then hang up before they say anything else, (this parts very important) as if you wait they are trained to 'address your objections' so their reply would have been..

"Can I ask why your not interested sir?"  to lead you into talking about it more and then they can 'address that ojection.'

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2009, 08:31:56 am »
This is interesting.

Like Derek states, how true the poll is well thats another matter all together.

On the actual conversion from an enquiry to an actual sale is a very good point. You could get 100 calls a day but only convert 2 into actual sales.

Its also interesting to see that some of you are saying that towards Christmas that the CC seems to pick up. Have I read this correct?

Although we carry out carpet cleaning and have done so for the past 10 years and are expanding in this area even more so, we are mainly Contract Office Cleaners.

As for the calls we average around 30 + calls a day. These are then broken down into catergories. So for actual new enquires on carpet cleaning we probably only get around 4 - 5 calls a week. On average I would say at least 2 calls are converted. This is also including Upholstery as well.

Sales calls are around 3 - 5 a week. As for TPS it does not stop them calling. Actually you will find alot do not know what TPS is or who they are.

If you actually look at the law on sales calls - and the prosecution rates for these it is ALOT lower than 3% in the UK.

The rest of our calls is to do with other areas of the business. Which this poll does not relate to.

Cheers

Dave

colin thomas

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2009, 11:25:44 pm »
when i get a telesales person call me i always politely say sorry but i am with a customer at the moment and can't talk. they always say 'oh sorry, i'll call you later' but of course they don't because they are straight onto someone else, try it, no need to be rude to them,

colin
colin thomas

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2009, 11:41:26 pm »
I hate it when they use auto dialler and they come through but are still having a conversation with a collegue and you catch it.

Very rude.

Shaun