Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

On average how many calls do you get per day

0 to 1
21.3%
17 (21.3%)
2 to 3
38.8%
31 (38.8%)
4 to 6
18.8%
15 (18.8%)
7 to 10
8.8%
7 (8.8%)
11 +
12.5%
10 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

Re: How many calls per day
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2009, 08:15:30 am »
I hate it when they use auto dialler and they come through but are still having a conversation with a collegue and you catch it.

Very rude.

Shaun

Even worse when you've had to stop what you're doing, turn off your machine only to find that the power dialler hangs up on you because there is no "operative" available to speak to you. :-X
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

Jim_77

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2009, 06:39:14 pm »
Had 10 calls today :o

Its got busy all of a sudden, like someone flicked a switch or something!

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2009, 08:17:03 pm »
Jim I know what you mean.

I know it can be busy this time of the year but this is ridiculous!

I'm receiving (over the last 9 weeks) twice as many calls as I would expect. (Twenty two on Monday, 12 both Tuesday and today, whilst converting at 90%.

What's going on?

Money wise I'm not complaining it just my body cannot cope with working a 10-12 hour day, five/six days a week.

I really could do with a quiet patch-holidays are no good as you just try and fit work in before you go on them and end up storing up even more work for when you return.

(And knowing you lot I know I can't expect any sympathy) :'(

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2009, 08:18:35 pm »
Ask the nurse to give you something :o

Shaun

markpowell

« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2009, 08:27:01 pm »
I get between 3 and 10 calls per day, its up and down
Mark

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2009, 08:46:40 pm »
Ask the nurse to give you something :o

Shaun

If I asked the Nurse (ie Management ie Nurse Carpet) to give me something I would get even less sleep and have even less energy for the next day. ;)

« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2009, 08:58:17 pm »
Surely the number of phone calls are proportunal to the amount of advertising you do.
If you put out 10,000 eye catching leaflets then you'll get more calls than those of us who don't do that sort of advertising.
This week is up on phone calls for some reason, strangly more commercial enquiries than anytime previously.

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2009, 09:11:18 pm »
Not necessarily Neil

I only use YP and have just started using a website which is providing good returns.

I'm also taking a punt at Yell for one year only.

But as you can see those are all fixed costs and apart from the website cannot be changed from one year to the next.

But the longer you are in business then if you are doing things right you will have an ever expanding number of repeat jobs and referrals which cost pretty much nothing to canvass.

Don't forget it is so much more profitable to service existing clients rather than to be continually striving for a stream of new clients which cost so much more to acquire.

Roger

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2009, 09:43:02 pm »
At your age Roger you don't require much sleep :o

Shaun

kinder clean

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2009, 12:29:27 am »
Hi Mark (P)

What kind of percentage are you converting on your calls ? Am I right in saying you just do the postcard flyers (with prices ) and no other advertising ?

I know 95% on here would say putting prices on your advert is a no no, but when the phone rings you know it's not a price shopper.

Paul

derek west

« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2009, 07:36:47 am »
if you advertise prices and your true to them prices, you should be able to convert 100%.
derek

master-clean

« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2009, 07:54:09 am »
Hi Mark (P)

What kind of percentage are you converting on your calls ? Am I right in saying you just do the postcard flyers (with prices ) and no other advertising ?

I know 95% on here would say putting prices on your advert is a no no, but when the phone rings you know it's not a price shopper.

Paul

Most wont admit but real coversion rates from phone calls would be around 30%.

I get around 3 to 11 calls a day so as long as I book 2 a day its good (I like to do 2 jobs a day, hence need to book 2 a day)

I price high and let the ones that are not prepared to pay my prices go else where.

Maybe if I went out I could improve conversions but I been stacked out for 3 or 4 mths now and not got time, I'm only going out for good genuine enquiries, (The type of high end clients I want)

markpowell

« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2009, 07:40:57 pm »
I convert nearrly all calls, i advertise in 2 small local mags and flyers, i have my prices on all advertisments stops the price shoppers.

Mark

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2009, 07:52:11 pm »
Well done Mark you obviously have a turn key business, the prices are affordable but not cheap but how would you go on if you wanted to raise the prices? do you think that it would have a detrimental affect to your marketing as alot of people gasp when you mention £100 sometimes let alone £200, I have an issue with £300 which could be a suite clean and scotch and a thru lounge clean and scotch because there's only 3-3.5 hours there max.

Shaun

waynebarry

« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2009, 09:36:26 pm »
Hi Guys reading your posts and being a bit of a newbie after completing the Prochem course a year ago how do you get so many calls wot kind of advertising do you do?

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2009, 09:45:03 pm »
In my case it's over 20 years of cleaning carpets, usually 5 years gets you out of the poverty line (unless you live darn saff, where work seems to come easier) 10 years you start to get a nice life and 20 years you get a great standard of living but you don't get to see the money but your family do.

Shaun

waynebarry

« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2009, 09:49:25 pm »
Cheers shawn I do live dawn south so hopfully it will pick up soon but what have you found works for you best? leaflets, yellow pages, canvasing Etc.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2009, 09:53:44 pm »
Cheapest way is canvassing by a long way, my advice is don't do work cheap as you won't get to year 5 let alone 20 you need to make enough for a rainy day as you won't work everyday but your bills do come in everyday, whatever you were making in paid employment you need to get X3 as some will go in general day to day stuff and then for every full day you work they will be full days you don't.

Shaun

markpowell

« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2009, 10:02:35 pm »
Well done Mark you obviously have a turn key business, the prices are affordable but not cheap but how would you go on if you wanted to raise the prices? do you think that it would have a detrimental affect to your marketing as alot of people gasp when you mention £100 sometimes let alone £200, I have an issue with £300 which could be a suite clean and scotch and a thru lounge clean and scotch because there's only 3-3.5 hours there max.

Shaun

I up prices once a year Shaun on 1st Dec, between £5 and £10 per item cleaned, im fully booked for this and next week then on hols for 2 weeks, im happy doing £200 - £300 per day, i will be in the same boat as you Shaun no overheads been at it that long ;)
Mark

waynebarry

« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2009, 10:04:55 pm »
Thanks shawn I allready run a successfull window cleaning company but did the carpet cleaning course as I thought it would be a great add on but I havent done alot maybe about 4 jobs a month. Ill seriously look in to canvasing and look more into pricing.