Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Scrimble

Windows cleaned from £2!
« on: July 16, 2009, 10:36:06 am »
This fool wont last long, i wonder what kind of a job he does for 2-3.50?

i'm not bothered in the slightist he is easy competition for me i offer a high quality service i'm marks and spencers this guy is the local polish corner shop.

jp bradley i hope this aint you! your the guy from meadow croft who did the office furniture aint you?

this is in staffordshire west mids

Re: Windows cleaned from £2!
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 11:16:44 am »
No address.
Only a mobile number.
That will put off at least 80% of potential customers.

Jimmy1

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 11:59:28 am »
I believe its actually illegal not to put your address on buiness corrospondance (including flyers) - may be wrong though??

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 12:01:17 pm »
I believe its actually illegal not to put your address on buiness corrospondance (including flyers) - may be wrong though??
Hope not I just had 10.000 new flyers delivered  :o they do have a home number on though.
Sussex by the sea

seandyer2003

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 12:10:36 pm »
He probably has no job and thinks, "if i do 3-4 semid an hour thats 3.50 x 4 = £14 an hour!!!

If someone told me that i when i earned 5.00 an hr id of been there like a shot!!

He will learn soon enough though why that is ridiculous :) wish i could watch him earn 3.50 an hour s he does first cleans, leads, and non compact work hahahahahaha in the heat too , and then the rain and then more rain and the the snow and more rain hehehe

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2009, 12:16:26 pm »
Under cut him and then dump his customers.

Tell all his new customers he has Swine Flu.

Give him a call and book him to do your house and then don't pay him.

Failing that just shake him off his ladder when he's up it.

I know his prices are boardering on the ridiculous but he'll learn soon enough I guess. Christ they sound the sort of prices I hear old ladies telling me that their old window cleaner used to charge ...... in1971  ::)

And I thought we were quite cheap  ;D
Come and talk dirty to us!!!

seandyer2003

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2009, 12:19:09 pm »
It annoys me when they say my window cleaner charged the same as you 15 years ago, i always think ok ill double it then lol

unless they are making it up?? :)

Glass Cleaner

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2009, 12:20:10 pm »

Correct!

Ask trading standards.

If you have a website without an address they will close it down.

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2009, 12:22:30 pm »
Not me ST1,

Just wanted to say I wasn't trying to find out prices when I asked you to come round. I did want a window cleaner and did loose my job when I rang you.

The flyers don't bother me either. Can't be a good job at that price.

Customers know you get what you pay for. This guy will pick up yhe custys that want the cheapest possible quote.
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2009, 12:23:03 pm »
If their window cleaner charged the same as you 15 years ago does that not mean it'd be a good idea to look at your pricing ???

Either that or their old window cleaner was a robbing bugger ;D

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2009, 12:24:26 pm »
I'm assuming it's raing every where as it is in Plymouth with so many window cleaners on the PC!!!

HIGH LEVEL WINDOW CLEANERS (scrimmy)

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2009, 12:52:12 pm »
his flyer states FROM £2....any bet when you call him up he will say your bungalow is bigger than the £2 one, and that will be 15 quid 8)

matt

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2009, 01:53:04 pm »

Correct!

Ask trading standards.

so your saying a website without a address will be shut down by trading standards ? ? ?  ?

ftp

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2009, 03:57:25 pm »
That's mine finished then  :-[

Glass Cleaner

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2009, 04:33:51 pm »

Correct!

Ask trading standards.

so your saying a website without a address will be shut down by trading standards ? ? ?  ?

I know one that was when reported; it was reported for not having an address, trading standards had it closed in matter of 2 or 3 days. It is still closed, and no I wont tell you which one; I do have my reasons as to why I wont tell which one, but I have no reason to lie; in fact Im only reporting on here what has happened.

LWC

« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2009, 04:34:57 pm »
Get him to do all your work, you pay him £2 and you collect the money from the customer ;)

Glass Cleaner

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2009, 05:07:04 pm »

Correct!

Ask trading standards.

Just to confirm

http://www.out-law.com/page-7594

* The name, geographic address and email address of the service provider. The name of the organisation with which the customer is contracting must be given.  This might differ from the trading name. Any such difference should be explained – e.g. "XYZ.com is the trading name of XYZ Enterprises Limited."

It is not sufficient to include a 'contact us' form without also providing an email address and geographic address somewhere easily accessible on the site. A PO Box is unlikely to suffice as a geographic address; but a registered office address would. If the business is a company, the registered office address must be included.

easy

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2009, 06:56:11 pm »
No address.
Only a mobile number.
That will put off at least 80% of potential customers.

Really!!!!  Can't see why it will put off new customers because of his mobile number on his flyer?

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2009, 07:03:08 pm »
I say good luck to the guy.

His prices say "from" 

There is room for everyone, whilst he is cleaning the low value "price conscious" customers he is leaving you alone to pick up the work you want.

A one man band cant clean all the houses, after all there are 28 million residences in the UK

peter holley

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2009, 07:34:48 pm »
Under cut him and then dump his customers.

Tell all his new customers he has Swine Flu.

Give him a call and book him to do your house and then don't pay him.

Failing that just shake him off his ladder when he's up it.

I know his prices are boardering on the ridiculous but he'll learn soon enough I guess. Christ they sound the sort of prices I hear old ladies telling me that their old window cleaner used to charge ...... in1971  ::)

And I thought we were quite cheap  ;D

whats your problem?????? we all had to start somewhere..... for all you know , he could have a fleet of vans on the road.... with a good wfp setup, and his leaflet may just work....he put prices "from"...he may be expensive.... ::)

he may own his house , have no loans / credit cards etc and only nee a small amount to live on...iether way   ... who cares ???