This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

martinsadie

Re: Windows cleaned from £2!
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2009, 08:11:31 pm »
I'm assuming it's raing every where as it is in Plymouth with so many window cleaners on the PC!!!
didnt rain here till 4  ;D ;D ;D

windowswashed

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2009, 08:14:23 pm »
Rained from 9am in Paignton, I finished at 4pm

martinsadie

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2009, 08:15:21 pm »
Rained from 9am in Paignton, finished at 4pm
we must have got your rain then  ;D

windowswashed

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2009, 08:16:40 pm »
 ;D

martinsadie

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2009, 08:17:19 pm »
Under cut him and then dump his customers.

Tell all his new customers he has Swine Flu.

Give him a call and book him to do your house and then don't pay him.

Failing that just shake him off his ladder when he's up it.

I know his prices are boardering on the ridiculous but he'll learn soon enough I guess. Christ they sound the sort of prices I hear old ladies telling me that their old window cleaner used to charge ...... in1971  ::)

And I thought we were quite cheap  ;D

whats your problem?????? we all had to start somewhere..... for all you know , he could have a fleet of vans on the road.... with a good wfp setup, and his leaflet may just work....he put prices "from"...he may be expensive.... ::)

he may own his house , have no loans / credit cards etc and only nee a small amount to live on...iether way   ... who cares ???
totally agree to many on here say patches dont exist then moan when someone comes round trying to set up

windowswashed

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2009, 08:21:49 pm »
I've lost half a street of front only's to a trad cleaner doing the backs as well. (Too much hassle to do the backs wfp which I explained to the custies who were happy to accept F/O until someone came along who is prepared to do the backs as well.

However, I've picked up some nice big plush houses that some other wfp er was doing cause he does a crap job and I'm charging them more than he was.

All's fair in this game, you lose some, you win some.

martinsadie

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2009, 08:26:13 pm »
I've lost half a street of front only's to a trad cleaner doing the backs as well. (Too much hassle to do the backs wfp which I explained to the custies who were happy to accept F/O until someone came along who is prepared to do the backs as well.

However, I've picked up some nice big plush houses that some other wfp er was doing cause he does a crap job and I'm charging them more than he was.

cant blame the customer for wanting the backs done,funny thing is wfp boys claim they do all windows not like trad who miss over cons  ;D ;D

windowswashed

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2009, 08:31:05 pm »

cant blame the customer for wanting the backs done,funny thing is wfp boys claim they do all windows not like trad who miss over cons  ;D ;D

I don't blame the customers. Terrace houses were only temporary (one after the other) which were very quick and easy but would be a nightmare including the backs. ;D  Much prefer semi and detached houses any day.

martinsadie

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2009, 08:47:03 pm »
terraces cleaned trad are quick including backyards  ;D ;D

martinsadie

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2009, 08:48:00 pm »
but the quickest work is back to back with no gardens  ;D ;D

« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2009, 08:50:14 pm »

Get yourself a good trolley, I have wish I had done 6 years ago, what a doddle.

« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2009, 09:01:06 pm »
three months ago I lost two of the guest houses I do on the seafront, they let a new guy do their windows, he was charging a silly price. >:(

Two months ago I got one of the back, and today I got the other one. He was rubbish. They aren't very nice places (bit smelly, bit itchy I wouldn't stay there if you paid me) but even they want a decent window cleaner. Both are back on my books at the right price.

Interestingly the quality establishment 5 doors down (not smelly) never cancelled at all.

steve m

« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2009, 09:05:09 pm »
just got in - did I read it right, is that £2.00 per house or per frame

Wrekin C S

« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2009, 11:23:49 pm »
No address.
Only a mobile number.
That will put off at least 80% of potential customers.

I only have a mobile number on my leaflets no address either and have built my business up on that, I have thought of getting a second line at home for business but it would mean extra cost at least with just putting mobile number down the customer has direct call to me,

I wonder how many more calls I would get if I put down a landline number?

How many of you on here get calls on landline and how many on mobile?

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2009, 11:41:41 pm »
I get far more calls on my landline than mobile, tbh I wouldn't call a domestic cleaner without a landline.
Sussex by the sea

« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2009, 07:03:48 am »
Why would you not put all contact information on your leaflets or any business correspondance?
It shows a sign of running a legal business if you do...cowboys or dole cheats use the mobile number trick....proper businesses provide proper details.

easy

« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2009, 07:25:20 am »
Why would you not put all contact information on your leaflets or any business correspondance?
It shows a sign of running a legal business if you do...cowboys or dole cheats use the mobile number trick....proper businesses provide proper details.

I'll run a legal business with my mobile is the main number...BTW I'm not a dole cheat/cowboy....
Get real and dont speak rubbish....

Been doing window cleaning a long time with my mobile,easy as you can be in touch with your customers or new at once.....If you need the landline,divert calls to your mobiles when you out working...

peter holley

« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2009, 07:33:58 am »
I agree....everyone has mobiles, thats why we have them so that we can take a call wherever we are....
it has nothing to do with being unproffesional....
I do put my address on all correspondance however.

Londoner

« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2009, 07:58:38 am »
I can't begin to count all the people over the years who have commented favourably about the fact that I put my full name, address and home number on my fliers.

I've had people say the have other fliers but wouldn't phone them because they only gave a mobile number.

If you don't give your full details they will assume you are dodgy.

simon knight

« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2009, 08:15:19 am »

I think oop north you should give a landline number because all your customers are poor and can't afford to phone a mobile number at 25p a minute.  ;D