This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tolzy82

GLYDER OR SLX?
« on: July 07, 2009, 03:35:55 pm »
Not sure wether to wait for the slx or just get the Glyder, what are your opinons?

East coast window cleaning Services

Re: GLYDER OR SLX?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 03:43:23 pm »
i was thinking the same ive held a Glyder very rigid and light, but yet to test the slx
P&R Window Cleaning

pingu

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 03:44:22 pm »
Being as they are so very new poles and one of them has not been released yet it is going to be difficult to compare the both...

But we wait...

Cheers
Dave.

NWH

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 04:04:23 pm »
Glyder pole is heavy and at least 6.5ft closed,don`t be fooled that it`s a true top and bottoms pole in all 1 because it`s not.

tolzy82

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 04:06:01 pm »
im sure the slx is shorter when closed which is an advantage

NWH

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2009, 04:06:50 pm »
It is shorter and far lighter.

tolzy82

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2009, 04:08:03 pm »
Any idea when the slx is coming out?

NWH

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2009, 04:09:19 pm »
If i had 1 of those Glyders i would cut at least a foot off of each section,at least.

tolzy82

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2009, 04:10:44 pm »
didnt realise it was that long! think ive made my mind up

pingu

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2009, 04:11:10 pm »
The SL-X is due out around the 20th of this month, Alex posted this information a couple of days ago.

Cheers
Dave.

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2009, 04:12:16 pm »
after seeing the glyder i wasnt really impressed , the slx ive never seen but another option is the facelift fusion which is a good quality pole much better than the glyder .
where theres muck theres money

NWH

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2009, 05:11:25 pm »
24ft Facelift Carbon knocks the socks off of the Glyder and IMO all other poles on the market at the moment,the clamps are just so so easy to use but the main selling point for me is that it is so strong it goes on forever,i`ve had my Facelift pole 4 years + used daily and it is still in as new working order well well worth every penny.

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2009, 05:18:26 pm »
I felt that the Glyder was rather heavy compared to the SL-X.  In fact, I felt that the Glyder (with all its trimmings, was on a par with fibre glass for weight.

niceandclean

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2009, 06:40:15 pm »
24ft Facelift Carbon knocks the socks off of the Glyder and IMO all other poles on the market at the moment,the clamps are just so so easy to use but the main selling point for me is that it is so strong it goes on forever,i`ve had my Facelift pole 4 years + used daily and it is still in as new working order well well worth every penny.

Do you also have the SLX? Apart from the clamps, whats the difference in the poles?

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2009, 06:50:33 pm »
Is a new slx available on the 20th or are they just comimg back into stock?

macmac

« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2009, 06:52:21 pm »
Is a new slx available on the 20th or are they just comimg back into stock?

I think it's a new, longer version.

East coast window cleaning Services

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2009, 08:05:11 pm »
slx end of the month spoke to them friday
P&R Window Cleaning

chrismroberts

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2009, 08:07:42 pm »
I use both, and I can honestly say, the Glyder is OK, but the SLX is really in a different league. I dont know about the new, longer ones, but the 30 foot is light, rigid, very strong and very short when closed.

The Glyder is quite light compared to the glass fibre poles, but heavy compared to the SLX. The clamps are much bigger, so the closed length is much longer than the SLX. Whats more, the actual length of the Glyder is much less than the SLX, about 5 foot less I think. They're both good poles, but the SLX is far and away a better investment, and not far off the price of the Glyder.

Hope this helps :)

windowswashed

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2009, 11:06:33 pm »
Facelift clamps only brake (slow) collapsing or extending the pole if it hasn't been fully opened and locked in the open position. Try it for yourself. I only wish all poles had Extels clamps or Facelift's clamps as they are much better than most other types around.

NWH

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2009, 11:10:04 pm »
The Glyder pole is well over 6ft closed it makes no difference how long the sections are it`s still well over that height,they drill a hole through the actual top section of the pole and when i suggested that they don`t need to do this they said they`ll take that on board,they can drill a 10mm hole down through the end of the screw thread which would eliminate damaging the pole itself so they thought it through not.The clamps are the same as all there other poles just a different colour,all they have done is bring out a jazzie coloured pole with bright clamps with 5ft sections which dosen`t actually effect the overall length of the pole ie it`s still long and heavy,i have held this pole and used it to clean a couple of windows and believe me people it ain`t light for a so called tops and bottoms pole i could never imagine cleaning ups and downs with that pole.IMO it`s a quickly put together pole in which they`ve tried to snatch back some customers who might be thinking about an alternative pole.