This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Nathanael Jones

Re: GLYDER OR SLX?
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2009, 11:17:48 pm »
Taken from the Ionic website:
The GLYDER pole:
Weighing just 2.61Kg and made using only 5ft sections, this new pole will appeal to the window cleaner who does a lot of work under 30ft. Perfect for those who need a pole light and narrow enough (35mm) to comfortably use all day.

From Gardiners Website:
SL-X25 £320 (this is the stiffest pole in the range, no other competitors pole is as rigid or as light)

Reach 30ft - Actual length 24' 7"

5 Sections

Closed length 5ft 5 inches

Base diameter 36.5mm

Approximate Weight 1450g

So over 1kg in the difference!!!

windowswashed

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2009, 01:07:32 am »
Hey windowswashed,

I dont know about your pole mate but mine is utter pants. I have never had so much trouble with a pole and I don't let any of my guy's use it at all. The silly red lines they had attempted to paint on rubbed off in literally one week and clamps and levers snapping within a month not to mention the piddly little nuts falling out and the top coming loose.

E-65 Compact is the one! I'm seriously thinking of treating myself ;)

A.J

The piddly nuts do fall out, I agree with you on that. I replaced all those piddly normal nuts with nylon locking nuts so they'll never come undone again. Never had any other problems unlike yourself with my Facelift poles.

Darren O

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2009, 08:12:04 am »
Ive been using my 24ft Facelift for 2 years now not had a single problem with it realy good pole.

stephen s

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2009, 09:11:28 am »
there seems to be for and against cases for all 3 poles Glyder,  SLX, and Facelift   so my view is that its down to individual choice.    Having used only Ionics poles and with great success my choice would be the Glyder pole and will be getting one very soon.

as the saying goes if it ain't broke don't fix it  so with no complaints about Ionic I think I will stick with them.

macmac

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2009, 05:06:51 pm »

as the saying goes if it ain't broke don't fix it  so with no complaints about Ionic I think I will stick with them. 

The problem is, you don't know it's broke 'till you try something else! You're stuck with what you think is ok & doesn't have problems.

I thought my carbon facelift was unbeatable untill I tried the SLX, I couldn't go back to the facelift now after using the slx since it's release (the original one).

I always thought vikan rectangular brushes were great, suited me down to the ground, untill I tried gardiner super-lite dual trim! Same again, vikans in bin & could never go back to them.

Never had a problem with washing up liquid, untill I tried squeegee off!

Never had any problem with pulex rubber, 'till I tried ettore!

See what I mean?

stephen s

« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2009, 07:57:42 pm »

The problem is, you don't know it's broke 'till you try something else! You're stuck with what you think is ok & doesn't have problems.

I thought my carbon facelift was unbeatable untill I tried the SLX, I couldn't go back to the facelift now after using the slx since it's release (the original one).

I always thought vikan rectangular brushes were great, suited me down to the ground, untill I tried gardiner super-lite dual trim! Same again, vikans in bin & could never go back to them.

See what I mean?

I see what you mean    but when you have a Ionic pro5 Thermapure system  you really don't want to try any other system,   none of that 3 clean rubbish on new cleans     one clean and its the business and windows always look great  and feedback is excellent.

as I say its down to individual choice but if your happy with the haircut off one hairdresser/barber  why go to another ?    see what I mean ?

ftp

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2009, 08:09:33 pm »
What difference does an Ionics sytem make to cleaning windows with a cheapo trolley system? Please explain how the ionics water is so much better than anyone elses.  ???

macmac

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2009, 08:56:25 pm »

See what I mean?

I see what you mean    but when you have a Ionic pro5 Thermapure system  you really don't want to try any other system,   none of that 3 clean rubbish on new cleans     one clean and its the business and windows always look great  and feedback is excellent.

as I say its down to individual choice but if your happy with the haircut off one hairdresser/barber  why go to another ?    see what I mean ?

Ok, but remember, there is far better, lighter, faster, easier equipment out there that you're missing out on, all for less money too, but if you don't want to improve your working life that's ok too.

There's no 3 clean rubbish for me either! ;)

IMO Ionics poles are way, way behind the leaders, they are primerily a business aimed at the gullable IMO.

stephen s

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2009, 10:25:46 pm »
What difference does an Ionics sytem make to cleaning windows with a cheapo trolley system? Please explain how the ionics water is so much better than anyone elses.  ???

well the Ionics pro 6 produces water to parts of a billion for starters,     also with Ionics systems there is no such thing as this 3 cleans before its spot on rubbish,   if you took your car to a car wash and they said that to you you wouldn't pay  unless you were extremely stupid   Ionics filters defo last longer than others  Ionics make quality systems which not only look professional but produce the most amazing cleaning results   I could continue but I rest my case there

NWH

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2009, 10:28:11 pm »

well the Ionics pro 6 produces water to parts of a billion for starters,     also with Ionics systems there is no such thing as this 3 cleans before its spot on rubbish,   if you took your car to a car wash and they said that to you you wouldn't pay  unless you were extremely stupid   Ionics filters defo last longer than others  Ionics make quality systems which not only look professional but produce the most amazing cleaning results   I could continue but I rest my case there
Toilet talk if you want the truth.

stephen s

« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2009, 10:29:02 pm »

See what I mean?

Ok, but remember, there is far better, lighter, faster, easier equipment out there that you're missing out on, all for less money too, but if you don't want to improve your working life that's ok too.

There's no 3 clean rubbish for me either! ;)

IMO Ionics poles are way, way behind the leaders, they are primerily a business aimed at the gullable IMO.

looks like were just gonna have to agree to disagree mate,  but thats what forums are for airing your views and like minded

stephen s

« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2009, 10:30:34 pm »

my opinion and I value it,  regardless of what you think

Toilet talk if you want the truth.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2009, 10:35:59 pm »
Do you work for Ionics, or did they really brainwash you to believe that?

The technology used by other companies and even DIY'ers is identical to Ionics filters. The Heated systems are defo a step up from cold, but anyone can add heat and get the same result.

I agree with 3 cleans being a silly idea. I get mine right from the first clean.

stephen s

« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2009, 10:52:16 pm »
Do you work for Ionics, or did they really brainwash you to believe that?

The technology used by other companies and even DIY'ers is identical to Ionics filters. The Heated systems are defo a step up from cold, but anyone can add heat and get the same result.

I agree with 3 cleans being a silly idea. I get mine right from the first clean.

neither to your questions mate  and as I said its my opinion and I VALUE IT  regardless of what anyone else thinks  and yes I will buy another Ionics system soon ( 2nd van )

I agree with you that you can build a good diy system  but then again you can go out and canvass but lots of people prefer to pay someone to do it for them

as I stated about the pole question is all about personal preference  and although I fully respect your views that doesn't mean I agree with them  but thank you for your imput

drwindows

« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2009, 10:57:26 pm »
Stephen S, there's no need to defend your choice on here, I realised a while ago most people on this forum who have massive opinions about ionics dont actually know hardly anything about the systems, and usually have never owned one.  All they know is that they are expensive, and that they cannot afford them.  You'll never change the mind of people like that.

I have a pro-6 thermo, and I think it is the business. If I ever buy another systems, it will be another Ionics.

I've seen other systems, including DIY and IMO they are a load of pants in comparison, but those who own those don't think so and that is their perogative.

Ionics has its fan boys, (like me ha) and also its haters.  Everyones entitled to their opinion, just ignore mate.

stephen s

« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2009, 08:47:12 am »
hi Dave

yes I know what you mean mate,   there are such a lot of them on here that just love to have their Ego's stroked ( oh bless em )    and they will try to force their opinion on you, doesn't work on me though mate as Ive always valued my own opinion.

Strange though isn't it  as you have a core of read guys ( not all I may add )  who will tell everyone they meet that WFP is crap but really they would love to own one,   and the next stage up is that you get a core of WFP owners ( again not all I may add )   who just love to slag of the better more professional makes when once again they would love to own one.

Don't get me wrong mate I have nothing against backpacks, DIY's  and trolleys  ( even getting a trolley myself  Ionics of course )    but when the Ego maniacs on here go on and think their gods gift to window cleaning I just smile,     which reminds me there is a new series of ROGUE TRADERS on soon  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

macmac

« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2009, 05:20:25 pm »
hi Dave

yes I know what you mean mate,   there are such a lot of them on here that just love to have their Ego's stroked ( oh bless em )    and they will try to force their opinion on you, doesn't work on me though mate as Ive always valued my own opinion.

Strange though isn't it  as you have a core of read guys ( not all I may add )  who will tell everyone they meet that WFP is crap but really they would love to own one,   and the next stage up is that you get a core of WFP owners ( again not all I may add )   who just love to slag of the better more professional makes when once again they would love to own one.

Don't get me wrong mate I have nothing against backpacks, DIY's  and trolleys  ( even getting a trolley myself  Ionics of course )    but when the Ego maniacs on here go on and think their gods gift to window cleaning I just smile,     which reminds me there is a new series of ROGUE TRADERS on soon  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

There's some truth there (& some bollox of course!). Good post though. by the way, Ionics are on the next series! ;D

stephen s

« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2009, 06:06:01 pm »
hi Dave

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

There's some truth there (& some bollox of course!). Good post though. by the way, Ionics are on the next series! ;D

cant wait  ;D ;D ;D