This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

which van

transit
vivaro
hiace
transporter
vito
dispatch

big J

which van
« on: May 30, 2009, 07:01:15 pm »
which van is the best Value for Money for a 650 liter kit. If it helps i have up 5K to spend
modern day methods ......tradtional values

Sir Squeaky

Re: which van
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 07:04:51 pm »
This will start and argument between Vivaro/Trafic owners and Transit owners!

I'd go with the Trafic/Vivaro, but then I would do, I've got one...

Those are the only ones you need concern yourself with (before someone appears and says Citroen or Peugeot! :o)

Slash

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 07:22:44 pm »
Get a Transit,very reliable and parts are cheap plus they look better than the Vivaro type! :P

NWH

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2009, 07:50:29 pm »
Only if it`s a sport transit the others are reliable yes i agree but as for looks the sport version looks a totally different van IMO,the back of transits look ugly but the bumpers on the sport go a long way to making it much more desirable.

Slash

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2009, 07:56:10 pm »
Only if it`s a sport transit the others are reliable yes i agree but as for looks the sport version looks a totally different van IMO,the back of transits look ugly but the bumpers on the sport go a long way to making it much more desirable.
Can I just get some masking tape,would that make it more sporty ;D ;D ;D

GWCS

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2009, 08:00:31 pm »
I prefer the front end of the top end transits, but from side/rear view i prefer the traffic type.

Pittmonkey

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2009, 08:54:09 pm »
I liked the looks of the Traffic Vivaro etc but was really concerned about the gear box probs everyone seems to go on about. Also a little too big for the type of round I do mainly domestic.

I've just got a Vito and absolutely love it. (obviously) A lot more power and a little bit bigger than my old Dispatch 1.9D. A bit more than £5k but the Vito and Transporter keep their value more than all the others.
'Success is buried in the garden of failure'

concept

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2009, 10:03:41 pm »
if i had 5k for a van, transporter all day long.

tomy jackson

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2009, 10:21:25 pm »
hiace

Window Washers

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2009, 11:34:41 pm »
This will start and argument between Vivaro/Trafic owners and Transit owners!

I'd go with the Trafic/Vivaro, but then I would do, I've got one...

Those are the only ones you need concern yourself with (before someone appears and says Citroen or Peugeot! :o)
i have trnsit and citreon vans, have to say the vivaro do look nice, but that look comes at at cost so every garage I asked about them said, hence I did not buy one.

transit look and drive nice, citreon pulls like a steam train fully loaded
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2009, 01:10:53 am »
Get a Transit,very reliable and parts are cheap plus they look better than the Vivaro type! :P
Are you actually registered blind, or has it just come on lately? ;D

STEVE-UK

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2009, 08:30:35 am »
I would go for the vw transporter t5, t30 104bhp - reliable,good resale value,high payload,50mpg  ;)

Slash

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2009, 08:42:07 am »
Are you actually registered blind, or has it just come on lately? ;D
Only pulling your leg,the Traffic/Vivaro models do look good,better than the Trannys but I went for reliablity in the end,did want to test drive an ex-Sky model at the dealership but even he insisted I keep well clear and go for a Transit,glad I did when afterwards I heard about gearboxes etc. but at least they don't rust as quick as the transits,not saying that mine is rusting,well not yet anyway but I do see some awful ones about ;D

stephen s

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2009, 10:28:22 am »
avoid the Vivaro/traffic and primestar like the plague unless you fancy shelling out another £2K for a new gearbox after about 30-40,000 miles.

I have an 04 Vivaro and the gearbox has gone TWICE    will never buy Vauxhall again

if you are thinking of buying a vivaro then check google to find a forum dedicated to that model and get some 1st hand accounts about it.

GWCS

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2009, 10:35:34 am »
avoid the Vivaro/traffic and primestar like the plague unless you fancy shelling out another £2K for a new gearbox after about 30-40,000 miles.

I have an 04 Vivaro and the gearbox has gone TWICE    will never buy Vauxhall again

if you are thinking of buying a vivaro then check google to find a forum dedicated to that model and get some 1st hand accounts about it.

Buy it new, trade it in after a few years, and dont touch a 2nd hand van - i take it then :D

stephen s

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2009, 10:45:58 am »
when I bought it in 2005 it had 14,000 miles on clock    gearbox went at 56,000 and again at 77,000

apparently its the same 6 speed gearbox in the traffic and primestar

SonOfFormby

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2009, 11:23:37 am »
I would go for the vw transporter t5, t30 104bhp - reliable,good resale value,high payload,50mpg  ;)

Agree with Steve, as that's what I have recently bought, heard nightmare stories about other makes, but they will say the same about Volkswagen ::). It is economical, and pulls 650lt very well.

Lee

DaveG

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2009, 11:45:13 am »
i think if i had 5k to spend i would go for the Transporter too
You can't polish a turd

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2009, 12:14:00 pm »

I don't like the sound of that.  I already replaced a gearbox around 40,000 miles.  It's now done 74k so maybe I should start saving.

Pj

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2009, 08:53:12 pm »
if i had 5k for a van, transporter all day long.

You can get a nice Transporter for 5K.  Well worth it for what we do.  Everything is built tough and reliable and it carries a lot more weight than you think!

Not for softies who like speed and air con and cd players, this is for proper workers ;)