Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Small but perfectley formed

Alltec
« on: April 08, 2009, 03:30:41 pm »
What are their machines like is ? are they a good company to deal with ie service ?
Spit and polish

cleanability

Re: Alltec
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 03:40:22 pm »
Well I've just posted a comment about the Ninja. I refer to the Alltec Pro Plus in the comment. I've also had Extractas Excel. The Alltec machine is by far the best. Ive had mine for about 10yrs and its still going strong. I'll be straight down to Alltec in the summer for a replacement for my Pro Plus when I've sold my Ninja. And Alltecs after sales service is great too. Always found them helpful.

Chris

clinton

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 03:43:03 pm »
Jason

They are a good set up and have used them for 15 years.Also they do the new 3 vac with a heater so thats going to be worth a look.

Am with the above post i found ashbys v poor to deal with and would not buy from them..

Robert Watson

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 04:21:48 pm »
You`ve got to let this go Clinton  ;D
The Kitchen Door Centre

clinton

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 04:26:01 pm »
Rabby ;D

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 11:14:49 pm »
I've been using a Pro plus for years and it's still pulling its weight. Great guys excellent service. Would not hesitate to buy again.
Simon

Griffus

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 11:21:13 pm »
We have an Advance 600 which we bought in February.

Very impressed with the machine and easy to recommend.

Customer service has also been great.

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2009, 11:37:22 pm »
A Pro Plus would just keep me awake at night.

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2009, 11:47:03 pm »
Mike ???

You mean it's noisy, unreliable, poorly built? Have to say i've not had any problems.

clinton

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2009, 07:39:11 am »
Hes just messing :)

You will get a great machine from them :)

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2009, 06:08:41 pm »
They are pretty tough as well. I have had a mc to repair that went out of the back of a van at 30 mph. The corner of the vac tank was abraded through where it had skidded on the road. A nice lump of fibreglass and gellcoat finish and of it went for another 10 years.

Trevor
God must love stupid people---He made so many.

clinton

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2009, 06:34:45 pm »
Trevor

Must agree there :)

Joe H

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2009, 07:08:22 am »
Someone posted on another site yesterday that the new Alltec portable machine weighs in at 82 kg.

Is that correct does anyone know?

If it is correct and I think I am right in saying there is 2.2lbs per kg, then that is 180 lbs.
14lbs = 1 stone

That makes the machine 12.8 stone (or about 12 stone 11lbs).

Phew! 

Mike Halliday

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2009, 07:48:11 am »
Joe, why do you always try and get it onto a weight issue? we know you are a Solutions Puppet who needs to push the scorpion when ever a better machine is mentioned but its really harming your credibility, people are just seeing you as a stooge.

if you are building a quality machine then it will have quality parts. which will not be light, you could make a machine out of flimsy plastic and make it weigh 40kl but it would be crap

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Joe H

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2009, 08:24:29 am »
Mike
Bit sad when we cant have an open discussion without being criticised.
In the last couple of weeks the possible weight of these new machine has been discussed openly by others. Think it was the thread on New Airflex Pics... I mentioned engineereing, others mentioned weight.
No one seemed to know the weight then.
I saw a post last night which mentioned a weight.
Whats wrong with bringing it to the attention on this forum to those who were queurying but didnt know.

I never mentioned Scorpion in my post - seems its not me that has a thing about that machine - its you.
And now because the Scorpion only weighs 40kg its rubbish according to YOU.
I think the people who own one can better judge if its rubbish or not  - and they still rare on the 2nd hand market.

No matter what weight the machines are, no matter how they look, no matter how they perform - I am sure c/cleaners will make there own minds up as to what they will buy - be it Alltec, Texatherm, Airfex, Ninja, Scorpion or any other.

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2009, 08:32:18 am »
A Pro Plus would just keep me awake at night.

Sorry I have no probs with the machine, I meant the caffiene tablets, thought at least someone would get it. ;D

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2009, 09:29:43 am »
Joe and others

The new Alltec triple vac machine in both 200 and 600psi specs weighs in @ 62kg.

Size, weight and bulk are very important factors to some CCers, especially if working out of smaller vans, estate cars or SUV's. The Alltec may be too heavy for some and the at least one person I mentored couldn't get a Scorp in his vehicle because it was too tall.

Safe and happy weighing :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

david_green

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2009, 09:48:18 am »
Hi
Another factor to bear in mind is pump flow rate. I believe the Scorpion is 2.1 U.S. Gallons per minute. Doea anyone know about the Alltec?

clinton

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2009, 10:18:02 am »
Never had a prob with the weight issue and rather have a good built machine than a lightweight :)

Mike Halliday

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2009, 01:20:52 pm »
Joe, of course we can have open discussion without criticism, I'm not being critical just giving my opinion based on what I read ( and I read everything ), In my opinion you have  biased views of anything to do with solutions.

when I say this harms your credibility this is because I've shared a joke with other carpet cleaners on this very subject.

as for scorpions being rare on the 2nd hand market of course they are, compared to other machine hardly any have been sold  to be available 2nd hand.

Do I think the scorpion is crap? no its a functional machine that does its job but some people need to stop treating us carpet cleaners as being stupid we can see who's biased towards certain suppliers and know thier answers & question are loaded to cast doubt against competitors machine.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk