Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Darren O

Re: Alltec
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2009, 01:30:14 pm »
Thought this would happen it was only a matter of time before a supplier brought out a machine to rival the Scorpion as soon as it happens we get the usual suspects telling  us now its no longer about the 3 vacs its about the weight now.The Raptor must be one of the heaviest portys out ive been using it for nearly 2 years and the weight has never been a problem.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2009, 01:39:36 pm »
Hi Guys

I was really busy at the CCDO but did have a look at both the Alltec and Cleansmart machines.

The Alltec has a superb build quality and is based on the Advantage so a provenish product. Alltec used to have a four vac machine so they have experience.

Cleansmart machine also looked good but no real history although Matt is a good guy and won't con anyone.

The Scorpion is probably the ugliest machine I've seen but is powerful and although it looks as if it would fall apart, it has seemed to have lasted and some CC's are pleased with it.

As most of you know I wouldn't sacrifice heat as I believe it is fundamental to a good cleaning performance .

Cheers

Doug

bennymon

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2009, 01:51:32 pm »
i have a scorpion its a good machine  i saw the new altec at the ccdo it looks great and has heat i think i will be very populaur  del

clinton

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2009, 02:12:41 pm »
I  think the new alltec will outsell the scorpion by a long way not only on quallity and build but also for spares and much less dellivery times from order.

The 62 k is really no issue and even the twin from alltec is the same and have met guys who had them and never had a prob with the weight..

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2009, 05:01:41 pm »
A Pro Plus would just keep me awake at night.

Sorry I have no probs with the machine, I meant the caffiene tablets, thought at least someone would get it. ;D

Oh dear :-[ missed that one ;D

clinton

« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2009, 05:04:33 pm »
Mike ;D

clinton

« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2009, 05:07:29 pm »
You could always as an extra put a heater exchanger on the new set up for really dirty jobs ???

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2009, 05:36:10 pm »
I have to say this is an exciting time to be in the industry, lots of new equipment available because we have asked for it. Alltec and others can see the gap that the Scorpion does not fill and good luck to them. I was undecided between a Powerflite perfect heat, Ninja and a scorpion. Heat being my issue. Even if you are a cold water rinser the option on the machine is always a bonus. I have read that if you want it Solutions will put an element in the scorp but can't confirm it ??? I've used Alltec for years and trust them on quality and service, the new triple from them will likely find it's way into my shopping bag ;D

Lets not forget though most of us have been using twin vac kit with 100/135 psi pumps for years without problems. Chemicals have come on leaps and bounds and even a truckmount is no substitute for correct application and technique. There have been many threads about starting up in the industry recently and it's easy to be seduced by these monsters thinking it's the key to a successful business. Spending that kind of money may not be the best way forward and with options opening up for those with an established business there will be more twin vacs available for those starting out.

My hat comes off to our suppliers for continuing to advance chemicals and machines which can not be cheap, whilst most will have been in development for a while it shows confidence in the industry to launch in what most other sectors consider an uncertain climate.

Simon

Joe H

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2009, 05:54:09 pm »
Thank you Ken for pointing out my mistake - the Alltec is reported to weigh 62kg (not 82 as I originally stated-I will make an appointment with Specsavers as soon as).
OK - that works out at 9 stone 10 lbs (ish).

All I was doing was pointing out what "we" didnt know and some mentioned it.

Mike
Its so obvious that you are anti-Solution that it has got to the unhealthy state that if someone even mentions Solutions in a favourable light they have got to be in their pocket.
If I was so much a Solution fan why would I buy a TM 12 months ago and not stick it out with the Scorpion?
Why would I change my TM just in the last month to a Prowler and not wait and buy the ne TM outlletted thro Solutions?
I am like the vast majiroty of carpet cleaners I know - the machine "I" have is the is the best - otherwise we would not have it. Of course it probably isnt the best but we saved hard and put our money into it so it has to be the best.
I have posted recently that I expect someday, and it might be now, that someone is going to make a machine that will make the current Scorpion look like a dinasoar in terms of technical achievement - thats advancement for you - which no one can stop and what we all want.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2009, 06:09:42 pm »
Joe, I'm not anti Solution which if your memory was not failing you you would know, it was only last week i was standing up for Solutions on the Truckmounter forum ( apart from you I'm the only person over there who has anything good to say about them)  I'm not anti anyone only pro truth. 

you bought a T/m because it was on offer at a bargain price, you didn't buy the solutions truckmount because you didn't know about it ( or did you, no one else did but we aren't NO1 on Nicks speed-dial so might not be as well informed as you ;D )

Like I said my opinion is based on what I read.

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Joe H

« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2009, 06:13:24 pm »
I would like to thank Mike Haliday - not for what he has said because what he has said about me being in the pocket of a supplier is pure speculation on his behalf. The problem with speculation is that it aint necessarily the truth - and on this occassion Mike - YOU ARE WRONG, 100% WRONG.

However, what he has done is focussed my attention as to how much time I spend on the forums (wife been telling me I spend too much time on the forums as well).
So today, during the day, I have left the computer off and gone and enjoyed myself on other things and liked it.
So Mike, thanks to you, I have decided to curtail my forum activity. I frequent 4, this one more then the others but I am going to change that. Dont see any point hanging around somewhere where my character gets questioned whenever I mention a particular machine or supplier - it dont happen when other machines or suppliers get mentioned by other cleaners.

John Gregory

« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2009, 06:35:03 pm »
I was speaking to Robert Stubbs at the ccdo . he was telling me he needed a a new part for his scorpian, he was told by solutions he would have a five week wait for the part he needed , he rang Altec and they sorted him with the part he needed .   Last time I saw Robert he was loading a new  Alltec machine on the back of his van .

John

Mike Halliday

« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2009, 06:49:58 pm »
Joe is it true what I said? does anything I say effect your life or make you any less of the person that you are?

last years we had post started titled 'Mick halliday is a gayboy' & 'Mick Halliday is a tosser' I've had a lot worse than what I said to you posted ....who gives a rats bottom!!

if you don't agree with my 'opinion' tell me to get stuffed, don't go

Len Gribble

« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2009, 07:53:45 pm »

Mike

Get stuffed, ;) looking at 250bar 3600psi 15lpm Honda 13hp opinion is it worth it £450 trying to get for less. 8)

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Mike Halliday

« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2009, 09:00:05 pm »
cost new £1200ish plus vat, so if it in good nick its a bargain. comet pump fitted good, reducer gearbox cat pump even better.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2009, 10:37:40 am »
Mike

If my memory serves me correctly and I used to read all the posts, Joe bought his Scorpian secondhand because being a Northerner he is fast to spot a bargain.

Anyway i have limited my forum activities  so i will say bye for today

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2009, 01:20:04 pm »
I take offence at the comment Ian ;D

Shaun

clinton

« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2009, 01:23:47 pm »
Shaun ;D

Len Gribble

« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2009, 07:38:15 pm »
You northerners have something to learn, from us southerners we spot a bargain and want it cheaper. ;) ;D

Mike

Now we are getting into cleaning science  ;)what a reducer gearbox ;D

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Mike Halliday

« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2009, 07:44:26 pm »
engines run @3600rpm gearbox reduces it by half so the pump only runs at half the engine speed so it last longer but it cost a bit more.