Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

clinton

Re: new van
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2009, 06:44:58 pm »
Joe

Yes it would be in my garage  in front of my motorbike and i would just reverse the van up to the garage door and even get my car at the front too :)

clinton

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2009, 06:45:40 pm »
Collin

Your right on that too :)

Joe H

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2009, 07:13:53 pm »
Theres a pictur on the Ashbys site of a TM in a twin axle trailer.
Dont know how to copy iy to get it on here.

richy27

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2009, 07:18:18 pm »
to be honest  Clinton wouldn fancy a trailer not with are dodgy small roads in devon. use a trailer on the farm all the time at dads and its a real sod when you meet someone who cant reverse

clinton

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2009, 07:23:10 pm »
Joe

I have seen that image from asbys think its a demo t mount :)

Richard

:)

gwrightson

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2009, 07:24:00 pm »
a small problem to be aware of , new laws coming in from 1st of may I think ,a van with trailer if capable of having a combined weight of 3 and 1/2 ton  loaded must have a tacho fitted at around £800 and of course all the pther problems associated with this.
geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Joe H

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2009, 07:42:05 pm »
Aaaaaaarrrrgggghhhhh!   Dont want to go down that road.

sherco

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2009, 07:54:57 pm »
a small problem to be aware of , new laws coming in from 1st of may I think ,a van with trailer if capable of having a combined weight of 3 and 1/2 ton  loaded must have a tacho fitted at around £800 and of course all the pther problems associated with this.
geoff
They have been talking about this for the last 5yrs, and still havent done it.
Natural stone floor restoration service.
Natural stone fixing and repairs.
www.poshstonefloors.co.uk

clinton

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2009, 08:43:40 pm »
They are trying it to stop europeans driving over here with a large trailer ???

Not sure if the law will come through ???

clinton

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2009, 08:46:24 pm »
Joe

Its not much of a worry  mate just gives us an option to just hook up and away you go.

Like the idea of presure washers doing it and i do know there are t mounts doing it :)

gwrightson

« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2009, 09:25:24 pm »
Sherco,
I,m afraid to say its very real  ,
 they are not just talking about it

Here is part of a vosa page

Tachograph Law for ACFO
The current law requires any vehicle with a maximum permissible weight exceeding
3,500 kilograms to have Tachograph recording equipment fitted, and that equipment
should be used in conjunction with Tachograph charts to record the activities of the
driver.
Until recently the effect of this legislation in relation to vehicles below 3,500 kilograms
maximum permissible weight when drawing trailers was slightly confusing. There was
guidance issued by the Department of Transport that stated that trailers not used for the
conveyance of goods need not be considered in the weight calculation. However this
has since been challenged in Court and the Court’s finding was that all trailers must be
considered in the weight calculation when considering whether recording equipment
should be used.
In simple terms it means that any vehicle with a gross train mass exceeding 3,500
kilograms drawing a trailer of any description, and used in connection with a trade or
business, is required to use activityrecording
equipment and comply with EU drivers
hours regulations.
Section 97 of the Transport Act 1968 [as substituted by reg.2 of the Passenger and
Goods Vehicles (Recording Equipment) Regulation 1979 and amended by reg.2 of the
Passenger and Goods Vehicles (Recording Equipment) (Amendment) Regulations 1984,
reg.2 of the Passenger and Goods Vehicles (Recording Equipment) Regulations 1989
and the Passenger and Goods Vehicles (Recording Equipment) Regulations 1996]
provides:
“(1) No person shall use, or cause or permit to be used, a vehicle to which this
subsection applies – (a) unless there is in the vehicle recording equipment
which – (i) has been installed in accordance with the Community Recording
Equipment Regulation….and any person who contravenes this subsection shall
be liable on summary conviction to a fine…..
(6) This subsection applies at any time to any vehicle to which this Part of this Act
applies if, at that time, Art.3 of the Community Recording Equipment
Regulation requires recording equipment to be installed and used in that
vehicle….
(7) In this Part of this Act – ‘the Community Recording Equipment Regulation’
means Council Regulation (EEC) 3821/85 on recording equipment in road
transport….as read with the Community Drivers’ Hours and recording
Equipment (Exemptions and Supplementary Provisions) Regulations 1986….”
Section 108(1) of the Road Traffic Act 1988 provides:
“In this Part of this Act …..’
permissible maximum weight’, in relation

who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

richie

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2009, 10:35:59 am »
Asbys, Chemspec & HydraMaster have all fitted Truckmounts into trailers at some point.  There is up & down sides to a trailer mounted TM.  Yes it means that you can use a smaller van lowering fuel consumption compared to larger vehicles although most vehicles when pulling all the weight of a trailer & TM will have the MPG drastically reduced.  Then there is the security of the trailer,  a company i used to work for had a TM fitted to a twin axled trailer.  It was stolen from my home,  luckily a friend of mine heard the local thief shouting his mouth off saying he had some kind of big pressure washer he had stolen on a trailer that he wanted to sell.  We got it all back about a week later.  We had a HM Maxx 450d fitted into a Renault Master van which had a fresh water tank & a hose reel that carried about 450 feet of hoses plus all the other stuff required.  On large night clubs we would hitch up the trailer that was fitted with a Prochem Legend to the Renault Master and travel upto about 180 miles away.  It wasnt very often we did this but when we did i was more than impressed with the Renault Master that was more than coping with the weight of a HM Maxx 450d, a PC Legend, a trailer plus all the hoses & stuff.  The van would pull off, pick up speed and hold steady up & down the motorway.  The renault did however go through alot of brake pads & discs,  this was even without the trailer.  A guy that i know works for renault & told me that the Ambulance service tend to stock pile pads & discs because of the amount they go through.  This was some years ago however so maybe Renault have sorted the wear problem out now?

Richie.

Phillip Mold

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2009, 12:03:39 pm »
My new van, it no longer belongs to the window cleaners, Wallace and Grommit, but not yet lettered up. Doaes 35 mpg round town and road tax is free. Also seems to attract attention for some reason!
Doing the best job in the world as well as I can

clinton

« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2009, 12:35:36 pm »
Philip

What a great marketing tool and that will pull in a lot of work :)

Think a lots of t mounted vans would be overweight at some time and if they did have an insurance claim it would be void  ???

If you did have a unit mounted in a trailer it would have to be garaged :)

robert stubbs

« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2009, 07:55:01 pm »
Trailer -mount

clinton

« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2009, 08:22:28 pm »
Robert

Thats one huger trailer ;D

robert stubbs

« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2009, 08:28:20 pm »
This one is bigger.

clinton

« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2009, 08:36:43 pm »
Robert

Thats one big unit :)

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2009, 09:06:22 pm »
I have had a Renault Master from new 50000 miles same front discs one set of pads one wheel bearing not bad is it.

CHEERS TONY
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

richy27

« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2009, 09:32:04 pm »
bought a trafic today 52 reg low miles with 6 months warranty good price too thanks for he pointers guys