Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

clinton

Re: new van
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2009, 04:56:05 pm »
Think we all have had problems with dif makes and models ???

Wonder what van is the most reliable ???

Hyunai

Merc

Nissan ???

Len Gribble

« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2009, 07:12:00 pm »
Clinton

Pop into them today gone down to 27% think they got told off by Peugeot, he started to give me BS about must be business vat ltd etc I said I don’t want to hire it, just want to buy it.

Give W J King Sidcup call
020 8309 7788

Have to say Merc 8 years old and only last year problems (dash, starter motor, battery and exhaust) 

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2009, 07:32:01 pm »
It's done you proud Len, especially considering it's lugging the TM.

carpet_care

« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2009, 07:36:49 pm »
I bought a vauxhall vivaro from brand new in march 2007 only did 500 miles in it and needed new gear box seals had been leaking from day one and long story but lookers vauxhall dismissed it as being wax :'(

Joe will remember because it finally whent when I was on a leather restoration course with him and paul moss in warrington managed to just about make it too the venue then had to be taken back to liverpool on a pick up truck organised by the AA later that day.

Touch wood been alright since and the good thing about the vivaro is it just about fits in my garage so its kept above freezing and no heaters needed in the winter :)

Regards Andy Locke.

clinton

« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2009, 07:39:12 pm »
Cheers len :)

The citreon dispatch is the same van as the peugeot and its under 10 k plus vat  here in stockport

Same here got my peugeot van 10 yrs old with 48k on the clock and trouble is also same as you just little parts to replace :)

Len Gribble

« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2009, 08:44:09 pm »
Mike

Not only the TM also a trailer some times.

Clinton

Confused with the f.o.g’s state owned ant they. ;D

Ps sparshatts sent me a letter today more or less begging me to have the van serviced, think a deal may be forthcoming. 8)

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2009, 08:57:14 pm »
Think we all have had problems with dif makes and models ???

Wonder what van is the most reliable ???

Hyunai

Merc

Nissan ???

Talking to a guy today about the Toyota Hi-ace vans. Totally bullet proof he said, thats why you see so many in Afghanistan I thought.

Don't think the look much cop though, but I guess that shouldn't come into it really.

Len Gribble

« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2009, 09:16:20 pm »
Didn’t top gear do an exposé on them? Totally bullet proof, Clarkson also liked the VW what a petrol head considering it a diesel. ;) ;D

Len

Paul_Ashworth

« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2009, 09:34:18 pm »
Len,
Are you after a Brand new car ?? If you after one 6 months old try Motorpoint-WWW.   motorpoint.co.uk I bought a six months old astra 1.6 sxi with 14k on the clock from them 18 months ago paid £8,500.00  when other dealers wanted £7.5k for a 3 year old model evn got to pick the colour and they brought up from there Derby site.

Paul
P.s £8,999.00 for a 6 month old 1.6 308

clinton

« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2009, 10:08:02 pm »
Forgot about the toyota :)

A top van by all accounts :)

Len

You mean the french companys are all state owned ???

What do you tow ???

Someone has a t mount set up in a box trailer ???

« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2009, 10:20:45 pm »
Clinton

I know you don't want to be tempted, but have you seen JK post on the other forum about the that 15hp prowler. That flood company are def flogging it now.  ;)

clinton

« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2009, 10:26:22 pm »
Mike :)

Yes i have mike,still not sure what i want and my only thing is i can not use it on most of my commercial as  the access is not viable.

Not a bad price mind you ???

Got vat on that as well :(

« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2009, 10:30:56 pm »
How much is the 15hp new?

clinton

« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2009, 10:33:31 pm »
Mike

Think its 6 k ???

« Reply #74 on: February 20, 2009, 10:39:45 pm »
Clinton

I think thats the price for the new design 13hp. So it's probably even better value than you thought. ;)

clinton

« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2009, 10:42:34 pm »
Mike think your right on that :)

A liitle more power etc,the 13 hp was good when i had a go at dave p,s prowler :)

There are a lot of set ups for sale mike at the mo ???

Len Gribble

« Reply #76 on: February 21, 2009, 08:22:02 pm »
Paul

Yes (she is) and thanks for the info.

Clinton

Yes state owned, a little know secret  ::)

Twin wheel a right bugger to reverse. Cant see the logic in having a TM on a trailer unless for demo purposes.

Prowler did catch my eye, if the gentlemen is will to wait till I finalise a few jobs (end of April) and take a knock on it and adjust the vat I may be up for it, need to replace one of my machines, ambiguous I know sun sea and top less and it rains some where ;)

Len

clinton

« Reply #77 on: February 21, 2009, 10:46:51 pm »
Len

Just what i was thinking with the vat  ;)

richy27

« Reply #78 on: February 25, 2009, 09:08:42 pm »
picked up the new van today chuffed with it. can actually order my bits and pieces in there now and still have room for the golf clubs. Plus picked up 4 jobs today not a bad day.

Thanks for the new van advice

derek west

« Reply #79 on: February 25, 2009, 09:24:00 pm »
sorry if youve all ready said somewhere in the thread but i can't be assed to look through it again, but what did you get in the end?
derek