This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Wheechair Trolley
« on: February 12, 2009, 10:24:34 pm »
Anyone got the link to that thread with the pic of a wheelchair kitted out as trolley system?

TIA

Matt

Jeff Brimble

Re: Wheechair Trolley
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 05:58:32 am »

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 07:22:05 am »
Aye, thats the one  ;D

Thanks Jeff.

Tell me, has it ever actually been used in a professional sense in its current form?

Matt

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 08:19:48 am »
Thats a very  early version, the hose reel is missing. Its very fast and the upright position is great, folds up and you can put a lot on it, I now use an electric  golf trolley.
Wheelchairs or as in the picture a transit chair are difficult to get hold of.

tomy jackson

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 08:27:57 am »
YES  the peps in them dont let you have em with out a srugel  ;D ;D ;D ;D

ftp

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 05:11:05 pm »
Jeff, whats the stumpy brush in gallery pic 3?

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2009, 05:40:27 pm »
The guy that built the site is from italy and found my photobucket account and downloaded it all  ;D anyway I decide to leave there for other people like yourself to find ! for fun( as I cannot find the way back into it ?? , not very pro for the public but then I have enough work.
Yellow bog brush from Motor World cut down 2 ft handle for cleaning wheels. I use I still use it for frames only.

ftp

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2009, 05:47:40 pm »
Looked like it could make a good gutter washing brush.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2009, 05:58:47 pm »
Yes but its a thick head  :o and wont go up and under into the area between the soffits and the gutter so easy as one that will splay. But it does scrub well.

trike

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2009, 10:25:30 pm »
what about turning a street bin cleaner into wfp trolley system,heres mine,my wfp brush has seen better days ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2009, 11:13:48 pm »

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2009, 11:22:07 pm »
what about turning a street bin cleaner into wfp trolley system,heres mine,my wfp brush has seen better days ;D ;D ;D

Making the wheelchair trolley is ingenuity taken to the 'nth degree, but continuing to try to improve the design and style of this kind of piece of equipment is also an ingenious way of harnessing our creative minds in one. Well done Trike, how about some more ideas, perhaps one of the better known suppliers might like to come up with a sponsorship deal or prize for those best designing something out of what might otherwise be called $h!te  ;D

www.electricwindowcleaner.com/gallery19.htm
Please tell me you dont use that  :o
Dreadful for the street cred isnt it Ian  ;D

I bet those that secretly  knock DIY on this forum have that wheelchair pic as their desktop on their pc  ;)

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2009, 12:48:32 am »

Making the wheelchair trolley is ingenuity taken to the 'nth degree, but continuing to try to improve the design and style of this kind of piece of equipment is also an ingenious way of harnessing our creative minds in one. Well done Trike, how about some more ideas, perhaps one of the better known suppliers might like to come up with a sponsorship deal or prize for those best designing something out of what might otherwise be called $h!te  ;D

www.electricwindowcleaner.com/gallery19.htm
Please tell me you dont use that  :o
Dreadful for the street cred isnt it Ian  ;D

I bet those that secretly  knock DIY on this forum have that wheelchair pic as their desktop on their pc  ;)
Im know knocking it at all, it is just something that i would not let my busienss look like, wrong image for me. I also do not have a problem with diy, i just like my kit to look professional, some does some does not. maybe I should be called a window clening snob lol, i just dont like looking pony.

mark dew

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2009, 03:28:32 am »

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2009, 07:18:47 am »
The problem was when your sitting on top of the container and going downhill at 35mph   ::) you cannot reach the footbrake unless you have 3ft arms  ;D-oh and you cannot steer it !!!!!!
Sadly you actually have to push it up hill :-[ so I went for the motorised golf trolley which flies along at 8mph.
If you only have a 2 wheel trolley try a 4WD one  ;)

dai

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2009, 11:16:27 am »
The problem was when your sitting on top of the container and going downhill at 35mph   ::) you cannot reach the footbrake unless you have 3ft arms  ;D-oh and you cannot steer it !!!!!!
Sadly you actually have to push it up hill :-[ so I went for the motorised golf trolley which flies along at 8mph.
If you only have a 2 wheel trolley try a 4WD one  ;)

Jeff have you got more details of your trolley on the DIY site? I have been thinking of going motorised myself.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2009, 11:59:44 am »
I suppose you can justify a blue badge with that for easier parking! ;D
It's a game of three halves!

[GQC] Tim

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2009, 12:23:45 pm »
Street cred ha ha ha. See above no it was originally an April1st joke that I didnt do, but it does work well,wait and see what my mrs is going to be using  :D  because I am modular the £99 eleccy golf trolley holds the poles to hand and at the right angle.
Dai never really written it up but its just a powered  elecy golf troll with a couple of roofing brackets cold bent with a big hammer to carry the container.There is a bit in "my diy bits and pieces" on the diy site where I did say I would post how to do it. But aint done it yet as nobody asked ?

Chameleon

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2009, 02:06:00 pm »
 :o I have never looked at your site Jeff.. I only wish I had sooner!
I love all those idea's... it's like coming home DIY Rules!

I've been making a Gooseneck from just ordinary 10/20mm pluming pipe seems to be working fine, on my converted fishing pole! ::)
My brush is rubbish, but easily changed, I hate wasting £30 on a brush head, just seems a rip off!
Could you tell me what the brush is in picture one, never seen anything like it?

As for street cred, your van looks good, the sites are impressive... Airbus, that block of flats is high (love pic 23)
Street cred no problems there! 8)