Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

DP

Seeking precinct sweeper
« on: March 23, 2005, 07:33:06 pm »
I’m looking for a used precinct sweeper (not pedestrian sweeper unless its diesel and large) i.e. Green Machine type but preferably a Madvac.

Any idea's? or can anyone advise regarding Council Plant Auctions.

Looked at 3 green machines today (all in one place), but all very seriously beaten up. (I’m also watching ebay like a hawk)

Its a long shot I know, but any advice or information would be very gratefully received.

Many Thanks.
Everyone seems normal untill you get to know them!

Gum

Re: Seeking precinct sweeper
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2005, 07:15:30 pm »
Ring NMS in Brighouse they sell all soughts of used sweepers, and are Johnston agents for repairs to the Madvav

Tel 01484 400111

Tell me how you go on...

Regards

Jim..........

DP

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2005, 12:37:42 pm »
Just got to see this again, sorry.

Many thanks Jim I will give them a ring

Was at Johnstons in Dorking  last Friday and Warrick on Tues, they have a couple but at a premium (as you would expect) so still looking.

thanks again.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2005, 07:42:29 am »

this any good?

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

DP

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2005, 12:12:50 pm »
Hi Mike
I was a bit stuck because the pic hasn’t shown, but got the info from the pic address.

I have just seen this today on the internet, its very tired but could be worth the refurbishment investment however this can creep up to many thousands so might go and see it first.

Many thanks for taking the time to post, very much appreciated.

I have never know equipment like this that you can get so caught on repairs costs as I’m discovering. Others beware the sweeping industry is dominated by the manufacturers and you WILL pay their prices so do your homework first.

GUM:
I called and they do have a couple which represent the best value for money in respect or ready to go machines. They are a long way from me, so I am trying to arrange to get up there very soon.

The odd thing about this one, is that I had been talking to someone who was trying to sell me these same machines at £1,000 higher price. So if I do buy I will definitely owe you a beer.

Best Regards
DP

DP

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2005, 11:53:39 am »
A bit old, but I thought I would conclude this one. After travelling all over the place, I finally bought a Green Machine, seemed ok, until I got it back and realised I had bought a lemon. After spending the best part of another £2k (120 new parts) and about 100 hours on refurbishment, we ended up with a good machine which is now working. Never mind, lesson learnt.

Many thanks to all who answered post.
Question, has anyone else ventured into this industry?

DP

david_h

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2005, 06:24:52 pm »
Bit late now but  there's a diesel powered walk-behind sweeped om adtrader.co.uk:

"FOR SALE
Road Sweeper Green Machine, diesel engine, walk along, new battery, good condition, £695. - , (swadt-49-3315)* Tel: (07092) 624533 
Price: £695.00
Town: Exeter
Postcode: EX68
"

(I have no connection so cannot vouch for it)