This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Pole 2 Pole

Income Tax Fiddle
« on: January 12, 2009, 04:32:33 pm »
Yeh,i knew that'd grab ya attention  ;) OK i bought meters of 1 1/4 inch hose yesterday from a certain nationwide chain of stores. Anyways, to cut a long one....it was cheap cr*p which kept splittin every 2 seconds. I took it back today and they happily refunded me, no problem whatsoever. The dilemma i got is...................they credited my card but gave me the original receipt back to me. I know this is gonna cause a good v's (not so) good debate........but i now have this receipt of goods that i haven't actually bought. Would you...............put the receipt thru ya expenses....or not????????  ::)

East coast window cleaning Services

Re: Income Tax Fiddle
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 04:34:23 pm »
That happened to me a screwfix the otherday.

Put it this way i didnt throw away the receipt ;D
P&R Window Cleaning

Bobs Window Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 04:37:25 pm »
 ;)
Why oh Why did he spell my name as bod & not bob on my wedding invites.

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 04:38:20 pm »
If you saw a tenner  in the street would you pick it up?  ;)

Should be able to determine those who're going to burn in hell from this thread  ;D

Pole 2 Pole

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 04:41:56 pm »
Screwfix P&R? ? ? ? ? ? Really? ? ? ? Funny you should say that  ;)

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 04:50:48 pm »
If you saw a tenner  in the street would you pick it up?  ;)

Should be able to determine those who're going to burn in hell from this thread  ;D

im defo going down when i snuff it ;D ;D
P&R Window Cleaning

Pole 2 Pole

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 04:55:39 pm »
Me too by the looks of it  ::) Do ya think a respected member or our parliament would dare do such a thing???? As far as victimless crime goes.........it's gotta be up there aint it?  ;D I bet some miserable sod comes along and spoils this party  8)

luther1

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2009, 05:04:51 pm »
The credit will come up on your bank statement.As you obviously declare all of your cash,every little helps i suppose!

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2009, 05:10:45 pm »
The problem for you would be when the Tax man asks to see your bank account for the last year whilst doing a possible spot check. As soon as he sees that you have deliberately claimed for something which has been refunded then he will put you through the wringer on everything else.

Is it worth the chance that you will be done for fraud and tax evasion? Obviously from your comments you can live with doing it, but can you live with the chance that it may cause you a major headache in about a years time?

Pole 2 Pole

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2009, 05:14:15 pm »
Only if ya get inspected tho???????????? You'd have to be unlucky  ;D

luther1

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2009, 05:14:24 pm »
Spot on Alex. While you're on the fiddle,why don't you pay for the diesel in your mates car on your card and get him to give you the cash!!!

Pole 2 Pole

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2009, 05:22:23 pm »
Ya know what.....I respect alex for the sound fella that he is.................but come on? ? ? ? Are we all really whiter than white? ? ? I know i aint...............Years of feeling like if "they" do it.....it's an oversight......if "we" do it..............it's a crime. I aint a criminal....i aint got a bad mark against my name, but if every tom dick n harry can find themselves in need of incapacity benefit, due to summet like depression(poor lambs) i'm damn sure i'm gonna get one up on them,however small

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2009, 05:22:55 pm »
The problem for you would be when the Tax man asks to see your bank account for the last year whilst doing a possible spot check. As soon as he sees that you have deliberately claimed for something which has been refunded then he will put you through the wringer on everything else.

Is it worth the chance that you will be done for fraud and tax evasion? Obviously from your comments you can live with doing it, but can you live with the chance that it may cause you a major headache in about a years time?

im talking about 8 quid alex bloody hell mate chill out. I Pay a decent amount of tax each year. I Bet you the sort of fella if he found a tenner you would take it to the police station. ;D
P&R Window Cleaning

Pole 2 Pole

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2009, 05:24:36 pm »
Are we singing from the same hymn sheet P&R  ;) See i knew this would cause unrest in the camp  ;D

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2009, 05:28:03 pm »
Not really i just dont like people who pretend there whiter then white. Everyone must hve done something they shouldnt off in there life time. Jesus with all the spongers illegals, and worthless that we all pay for, Surely the country wont collapse for £8.
P&R Window Cleaning

luther1

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2009, 05:33:03 pm »
The point of the answer is....you can't fiddle what is on paper.The tax man is entitled to look at your bank statements.If its a big deal,just don't declare the next £8 house you clean.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2009, 05:33:03 pm »
Ya know what.....I respect alex for the sound fella that he is.................but come on? ? ? ? Are we all really whiter than white? ? ? I know i aint...............Years of feeling like if "they" do it.....it's an oversight......if "we" do it..............it's a crime. I aint a criminal....i aint got a bad mark against my name, but if every tom dick n harry can find themselves in need of incapacity benefit, due to summet like depression(poor lambs) i'm damn sure i'm gonna get one up on them,however small

I have never been inspected by the Tax man, but I know several that have been and even when they are 'whiter than white', which many are, it is quite a time consuming and stressful experience. When they do find something deliberate though they really go to town and will not even let you off honest mistakes. As you say it is only £8, so is it really worth the extra hassle to save about £2.30 off your tax bill?

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2009, 05:34:41 pm »
Agree to disagree otherwise this will be a never ending topic
P&R Window Cleaning

Helen

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2009, 05:36:01 pm »
im talking about 8 quid alex bloody hell mate chill out.

So the routine tax inspection shows up a £8 error (?) which will be the starting point for a more detailed inspection of the accounts. See where this could lead?

I Pay a decent amount of tax each year.

I must remember that as my defence in court. "Well you see my Honor I already pay enough tax so I can't see what the problem is"

No body is whiter than white but Pole2Pole has now crossed the line between what could be an honest mistake and now knowingly doing a bit of dodgy book keeping. Nothing personal Pole2Pole it just as well be anyone else on here.

Pole 2 Pole

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2009, 05:37:38 pm »

I have never been inspected by the Tax man, but I know several that have been and even when they are 'whiter than white', which many are, it is quite a time consuming and stressful experience. When they do find something deliberate though they really go to town and will not even let you off honest mistakes. As you say it is only £8, so is it really worth the extra hassle to save about £2.30 off your tax bill?
Oh Alex......it's the thrill of the chase that's the fun bit,but as always...you're right........i'll just do a job tomorrow,cash in hand.............then no one will ever know. And i'll still be able to have a wee grin at the end of it. As was just mentioned................It'd be a bit daft to try puttin the receipt thru if it's in black and white.