This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike 108

Gas Water heater with Trigger valve?
« on: December 31, 2008, 12:23:25 pm »
I haven't got a water heater but I assume that the heater is operated by the water pressure/flow through the heater.

When the water flow is turned off - the gas flames die down?
When the water flow is turned on - the gas flames flare up?

What would be the effect when using a trigger valve on the pole - for instance, I use the trigger valve so that the water flow is on/off/on/off/on/off every few seconds.

Do you think the heater would still operate normally/effectively under such conditions?

Thanks

Mike

macmac

Re: Gas Water heater with Trigger valve?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 12:47:35 pm »
Where've you been Mike, didn't you know gas was way too dangerous to carry around in your van? 
Oh, & by the way, gas is just like SOOOOOO yesterday!! ::)

;) ;)

Tony

matt

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 12:48:30 pm »
couldnt you just have a bypass back into the tank, thus the flow would still be ok

matt

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 12:52:08 pm »
Where've you been Mike, didn't you know gas was way too dangerous to carry around in your van? 

;) ;)

Tony

i'm sure only 2 weeks ago it was the best thing since sliced bread, i allmost bought 3 of them  ;)

ftp

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2008, 12:55:37 pm »

;) ;)

Tony

Talking of vans don't buy a Vivario any more, Transits are the best and most beautiful vans on the road these days.  ;D

macmac

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2008, 12:56:44 pm »

;) ;)

Tony

i'm sure only 2 weeks ago it was the best thing since sliced bread, i allmost bought 3 of them  ;)

;D ;D ;D ;D

Reminds me of the whole flocked & mono' thing that went on! even I was gobsmacked at that one! ;D

Tony

macmac

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2008, 12:58:54 pm »
While I've got you two together- hope you had a good xmas & all the best for 2009! should be no lack of cyber entertainment anyway ;D

Tony

macmac

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2008, 01:00:02 pm »

;) ;)

Tony

Talking of vans don't buy a Vivario any more, Transits are the best and most beautiful vans on the road these days.  ;D

So what happened to the VW T4 then? (or whatever it was)

matt

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2008, 01:01:34 pm »
While I've got you two together- hope you had a good xmas & all the best for 2009! should be no lack of cyber entertainment anyway ;D

Tony

Ive had a cracking christmas, really been good, i havent had to lose my temper once ( with the extended family )

the same to you Tony, have a good 2009

macmac

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2008, 01:03:46 pm »
Sorry Mike

Talk about mass hijack of a thread :D

Tony

ftp

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2008, 01:19:04 pm »
Yes, happy new year to you all - looks like we'll be bitchin' on the laptops for a few more days yet if this weather doesn't pick up.
Who's next?

matt

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2008, 01:25:46 pm »

;) ;)

Tony

So what happened to the VW T4 then? (or whatever it was)

i had a T4, sold it for something smaller, the berlingo multispace

hey i even have a tank for the van ( its still out the rear garden, since before i went to disney in oct  ::) ::) just not had the time or inclination, though i will have to get it down next week as the barrels have to go before the hernia op

macmac

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2008, 01:33:30 pm »
What!?
I'm suprised at you Matt, going smaller :o What, with your burning enthusiasm of business analisis & super accelerated desire for UK domination!!!!
You run the risk of becoming "just a plodder" along with me & ftp at this rate! ;D

;) ;)

Tony

matt

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2008, 01:39:24 pm »
What!?
I'm suprised at you Matt, going smaller :o What, with your burning enthusiasm of business analisis & super accelerated desire for UK domination!!!!
You run the risk of becoming "just a plodder" along with me & ftp at this rate! ;D

;) ;)

Tony

that was my worry, i got over it by telling myself the berlingo is just a test of the van, this time next year i could own 4 of them, think big, be big ;)

Mike 108

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2008, 02:04:53 pm »
Matt.

I've never really understood the 'bypass' argument (in spite of having had one at one time).

Surely, unless the bypass operates on a pressure relief valve principle (as in a pump with an internal bypass), then SOME water will always go along the bypass route and pressure at the brush head will drop.

That's what happened when I incorporated one, anyway.

Mike

matt

« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2008, 02:11:43 pm »
Matt.

I've never really understood the 'bypass' argument (in spite of having had one at one time).

Surely, unless the bypass operates on a pressure relief valve principle (as in a pump with an internal bypass), then SOME water will always go along the bypass route and pressure at the brush head will drop.

That's what happened when I incorporated one, anyway.

Mike

yes, you need to find how far you can have the bypass tap open, i have it a 1/4 open, the idea is if you turn the flow off at the pole / brush head then all the flow goes back into the tank ( or before the pump ), at 1/4 open i find the flow at the brush just right AND the pump doesnt cycle ( turn on and off with the pressure switch ), play with it till you have enough flow going back to the tank so that the pump doesnt stop

tomy jackson

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2008, 05:45:05 pm »
thats the way mat , the maine dif of mine is iv used manely push fiting to stop leaks

NWH

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2008, 06:35:27 pm »

;) ;)

Tony
Everything you`ve said there is sarcastic but spot on,many a true word said in jest and i only hope nothing goes tits up when you get a leak.Are these heaters designed to be used all day long or many hours over the course of 1 the simple answer is NO there not there for a quick shower at the end of 1,lots on here are using them now and they seem to think that because of this it`s ok saftey in numbers and all that,the thing what some don`t seem to realise is that people like Macmac couldn`t give a toss if it blows up in your face and that`s a fact.People using these heaters are not insured against anything happening to them or others,there not insured when working on houseing association property or similar basically anywhere near members of the public.Ring your insurance company and tell them what you are actually doing with that heater and how it`s fitted and then think again.

tomy jackson

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2008, 07:37:56 pm »
how much diss did you got on your new heater, now hears a good one runing rownd dissing any one who got gas boler ther so dangerus ????????????? but hapey ot sell one he bort , a man with vues on how dangerus it has the gall to sell one to put in a van , but thats just dubul standereds , how can you sell it with your take on them , this is just my opinion on it

matt

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2008, 07:44:13 pm »
how much diss did you got on your new heater, now hears a good one runing rownd dissing any one who got gas boler ther so dangerus ????????????? but hapey ot sell one he bort , a man with vues on how dangerus it has the gall to sell one to put in a van , but thats just dubul standereds , how can you sell it with your take on them , this is just my opinion on it

good question

how can you sell yours to some unsuspecting person who it might blow up and kill them , surely you should be selling it to a person who will use it for what it was built for, a hunter who has a lodge up in the mountains of Virginia for example