Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

John Kelly

Re: big discussion about agitaters
« Reply #80 on: January 03, 2009, 11:57:38 pm »
They use a Host Von Shrader (sp) machine for upholstery cleaning after first pre-spraying with Microsplitter.
And what you are doing regardless of what method you use is "carrying out a cleaning process". This was drummed into me by Bill Lakin who taught me most of what I know and is now Chem-Dry's training director. Also one time chairman of the NCCA I believe.

John Kelly

« Reply #81 on: January 04, 2009, 12:03:02 am »
Also why you should never say you have sanitised a carpet. Always state that you have treat the carpet with whatever product you've used.

« Reply #82 on: January 04, 2009, 12:23:28 am »
To some degree, but dont you have to be happy with the clean you give or is it how much money you have releived your customers of.
I have used the word "clean"and not "service" as not to confuse the issue.

You have to ask yourself the question,"could you go into a customers house and give a inferior clean and charge them more for it"?
I`m affraid i cant.

I`m also sure that the people talk there customers into having it done their way because its DRY, because its DRIER than a WET clean etc etc and not because its an inferior clean. I bet they dont go in there by saying thats its not a thorough clean or "you do know that there are much better cleans about that i can ever give you"

As i said i have to be true to myself, thats it!

Regards

Daryl

« Reply #83 on: January 04, 2009, 12:42:38 am »
John
the post regarding the upholsty was ment to be a joke. :(
I know what they use ;)
I was with SM for almost 19yrs, so i did quite a bit of training with them and came across a few "cleaning" methods, but they only stuck with the one.
Also, unfortunately, they only used their products.
Thats why now i`m getting the best results i ever have done, or seem to be anyway.
I also had it drummed into me that every thing we do is a "cleaning process".

Some are better than others

Daryl

clinton

« Reply #84 on: January 04, 2009, 09:11:08 am »
What mark posted before was also right as many times the customer has come in the room and says it looks great and thats just with the pre vac :o

Joe H

« Reply #85 on: January 04, 2009, 10:11:04 am »
You are providing a cleaning service, no matter what type of cleaning process you are using.

but no matter what you use, the carpet/suite will not be the same cleanliness as it was when it was new.
We get their carpet/suite cleaner - and very acceptably clean.

Rotaries and pads have the reputation of transferring dirt to the pad, but spreading other dirt more evenly about.
and rotaries are used a lot in commercial as you know.

I have used my Envirodri as the manufacturer intended - with their granules. And it works.
Used it twice in the last 3  months due to circumstances., and achieved a good result in mine and the clients eyes.
It is more expensive then HWE, due to cost of granules. It may take a bit longer as well.
But some customers ask for it to be done, and therefore they have to pay for it to be done.

Obviously pre-vacuuming to a high degree is imperative, the less loose dirt left in the carpet means the granules can work more on the sticky dirt. So you have to adjust the work method perhaps to suit this type of cleaning.

Dwell time is important too, so the granules can do their job, and then dry so they can be vacuumed up.
Need to explain to client that they may see granules appearing but they get vacd up easily as a matter of their routine cleaning.

Prefer HWE, but I have another string to my bow so to speak in the "dry" system.

robert meldrum

« Reply #86 on: January 04, 2009, 11:30:54 am »
A good thread to start the year off.............

I loved the little Klanz machine which was sold alongside the original m/s product on the UK market and the CFR.

Foolishly I chucked mine out when an employee damaged it and I thought I was escaping from c/c. That was about 4 years ago and I'm still wanding.

Daryl

There is no PERFECT we and the products / systems, we use just offer IMPROVEMENT, but I'm sure you have often left a job feeling you had returned the fabric / fibres to their original state, even if only in the eye of the beholder.

John Kelly

« Reply #87 on: January 04, 2009, 12:06:05 pm »
Daryl, I knew it was meant as a joke. I replied as some of the new starters who lurk on here may not have knew. It is a question I get asked quite a lot.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #88 on: January 04, 2009, 12:22:17 pm »
Hi Guys

I am seriously considering having a go at building a dry cleaning offshoot.

I have 3 websites aimed at this and think there is definitely potential from the enquiries received.

Cheers

Doug

robert meldrum

« Reply #89 on: January 04, 2009, 12:49:59 pm »
Doug

You must know of John  Geurkink whose been o/p ing for 30 years, with great success and the " main man " in encap cleaning. I know the Cimex might have higher productivety, but the " Padman's " system removes, as it cleans, to a greater extent.

JandS

« Reply #90 on: January 05, 2009, 05:15:30 pm »
The powerbrush is a great idea but it's cumbersome.
You can agitate with it, let it dwell then extract just turn the vaccuum off and don't pull the solution lever while you agitate.
Or disconnect from machine while agitating.
When extracting it jets the water in, the brushes pass over agitating the extraction solution and the vac brings up the rear.
Great on heavy soiling.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Paul_Ashworth

« Reply #91 on: January 09, 2009, 02:25:51 pm »
Ken,
Could you please find out if the used Enviro dri is still available ??

If it is could you please send details by private E-mail to phashworth@tiscali.co.uk

Many Thanks
Paul Ashworth

Carpet Care Chorley

gwrightson

« Reply #92 on: January 09, 2009, 03:38:52 pm »
You know I had forgot how good the power brush are,

shall have to get mine out and give it a go for a change instead of stuck at back of shed.

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #93 on: January 09, 2009, 04:50:11 pm »
Paul

Email sent

Safe and happy cleaning :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

Paul_Ashworth

« Reply #94 on: January 09, 2009, 09:13:13 pm »
Ken,
Nothing has arrived yet  :(

Cheers Paul

premiermaids

« Reply #95 on: January 10, 2009, 02:20:24 pm »
I too would be interested in an recon/ ex-demo Envirodri if anyone can help.

Regards

Jim

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #96 on: January 10, 2009, 05:08:25 pm »
Paul

Call me on 0121 445 4247. I won't post the sellers details as someone might beat you to it ;)

Safe and happy cleaning :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!